PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash Q&A: Despite Fast Start, Suns Still Have ‘A Lot of Work to Do’

duncan228
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Steve Nash Q&A: Despite Fast Start, Suns Still Have ‘A Lot of Work to Do’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-stevenashqampadespit&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Even after a 126-99 thrashing by the lowly Knicks on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden, point guard Steve Nash patiently answered questions from Sporting News’ Bill Eichenberger and other reporters in a stunned Suns locker room. Their 14-3 record, the best in the NBA entering the game, was of little consolation for a player as competitive as Nash, who at age 35 is off to one of the best starts of his career.

Q: What happened out there tonight? How do you explain it?

A: I don’t have any explanation. It was a terrible performance, obviously. We’re embarrassed and will have to pick ourselves up.

Q: Were you surprised by how the Knicks came after you?

A: I thought we would have a tough game here. But I didn’t predict it would be just a disastrous effort. There’s not a lot to say tonight.

Q: Was this one different than the other three games you’ve lost this year?

A: We just didn’t play hard. You can’t say that about us very often this year. We didn’t play hard. We got outplayed, outhustled. We didn’t deserve to win.

Q: Do you think the Knicks may have caught you off-guard?

A: Maybe we took them a little lightly, but you can take a team lightly and still try to play hard. They got all the loose balls, offensive rebounds, putbacks, and obviously they made some shots. But it’s all the layups and hustle plays, and not getting back on defense and not talking that kills you. That makes the basket look really big once you’ve made a bunch of layups.

Q: How do you keep this loss from carrying over to (Wednesday) night against the Cavs in Cleveland?

A: We just need to have a good attitude and play hard. You come out positive, play it simple, we can turn it around. But you come out with a negative attitude or woe is me mentality, we will probably struggle.

Q: Outside of tonight, what’s the main difference in this team this year compared to last season?

A: We have a new coach, and we have had a good understanding of what he wants from us from the start. And we have really good chemistry because everyone is on the same page.

Q: Was Shaquille O’Neal at all to blame for you guys failing to make the playoffs last year? Was he not a good fit for the running style this team likes to play?

A: I don’t think it was his fault. I think it was a combination of factors and everyone has to share in the blame.

Q: How important has the addition of Channing Frye been to the success of this year’s team?

A: He’s been great. Especially with Robin Lopez injured, it’s been really important to have another big. He’s shot the ball well and stretched the floor for us. He’s been important for us.

Q: Do you think this team is a legitimate title contender?

A: Not tonight. I think we have a lot of work to do. We were not picked to make the playoffs. So we have a lot of work to do.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Q: How does it feel to sit next to The Rapist now that you quit on the Suns & hung Porter from a cactus in Scottsdale?

A: My people assured me that I wouldn't have to answer that question.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Q: What happened out there tonight? How do you explain it?

A: I don’t have any explanation. It was a terrible performance, obviously. We’re embarrassed and will have to pick ourselves up.

It's blatantly obvious what happened, the team was unfocused because a certain few players were more concerned with an Antoni reunion than a game they were supposed to play.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I hope Daddy kicks yer asses all over Euclid Ave.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Gentry is the master of 14 seconds or less. D'antoni is the master of 7 seconds or less.

7 seconds wins.

pauls931
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
It's blatantly obvious what happened, the team was unfocused because a certain few players were more concerned with an Antoni reunion than a game they were supposed to play.

And with that, DoK is off the bandwagon... again...

BTW, Allanon, everyone knows you're gay, no need to put it in your sig.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I hope Daddy kicks yer asses all over Euclid Ave.

Culburn, why do you have such an obsession with hating the Suns? It seems like you hate the suns above and beyond anyone else. Why? They aren't exactly our #1 threat.

lefty
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Q: Was Shaquille O’Neal at all to blame for you guys failing to make the playoffs last year? Was he not a good fit for the running style this team likes to play?

A: I don’t think it was his fault. I think it was a combination of factors and everyone has to share in the blame.

Translation: Yes

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Culburn, why do you have such an obsession with hating the Suns? It seems like you hate the suns above and beyond anyone else. Why? They aren't exactly our #1 threat.

It's a psychological bent. I was fine till I moved here and then something happened and I've been nutty-nuts ever since Xmas, '86. It got so bad the old lady made me get counseling cuz I kept turning off the TV and wouldn't let the children watch the games cept on tape (if they lost). But, I talked her into letting me get the counseling thru an online service. I told her I'd do it during the day when she was at work....but, really I was going to lie. She knows me though and made me do it on a Saturday with her sitting her ass next to me at the CPU. So, I found one, long story short: I'm afraid to face my fears, and the best thing would be if the Suns won it (LOB) and I'd find out that life would go on and I'd survive just fine. Then they debited my PayPal account $180.00.

So then I started leaving the house during Suns game, or, standing out by the lightpole by the front yard sidewalk, smoking cigars and my youngest son would switch on the porch light if the Suns lost and I'd come a runnin' to watch the tape of it. Or, flicker it if they won. They're all grown up now, lives of their own, out of the house, so, now I can black it out and the old lady don't care.

It's fucked up, but, I can't get straight.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Stevie still having fun though, this is great :lmao

QxHQZFzSyjk

Xylus
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Stevie still having fun though, this is great :lmao

QxHQZFzSyjk

I wonder what event that was filmed at. I spotted half of the Suns roster at the party.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
It's a psychological bent. I was fine till I moved here and then something happened and I've been nutty-nuts ever since Xmas, '86. It got so bad the old lady made me get counseling cuz I kept turning off the TV and wouldn't let the children watch the games cept on tape (if they lost). But, I talked her into letting me get the counseling thru an online service. I told her I'd do it during the day when she was at work....but, really I was going to lie. She knows me though and made me do it on a Saturday with her sitting her ass next to me at the CPU. So, I found one, long story short: I'm afraid to face my fears, and the best thing would be if the Suns won it (LOB) and I'd find out that life would go on and I'd survive just fine. Then they debited my PayPal account $180.00.

So then I started leaving the house during Suns game, or, standing out by the lightpole by the front yard sidewalk, smoking cigars and my youngest son would switch on the porch light if the Suns lost and I'd come a runnin' to watch the tape of it. Or, flicker it if they won. They're all grown up now, lives of their own, out of the house, so, now I can black it out and the old lady don't care.

It's fucked up, but, I can't get straight.

:lol I have no idea how serious you are, but that was a fascinating response either way. If true, it explains a lot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-02-2009, 05:13 PM
And with that, DoK is off the bandwagon... again...

You're right being pissed at the team for a bad loss makes it so I'm not a fan anymore :rolleyes