PDA

View Full Version : Do we support the Spurs against Beantown?

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 01:26 PM
As of recent times (the last 10 years or so) we have developed a nice little rivalry with the boys in Silver in black. At times it has been very colorful with endless attacks from both ends. Now, with that said, the Spurs are up against our most hated and despised rival......The Celtics. :ihit

Do we root for the Spurs or do we hope for a shalackaling from Boston.

I for one would like to see the Spurs beat these guys down.

What do you say Laker fans?

benefactor
12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I would support the Lakers against the Mavericks...so yes, you should.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I've been pondering this since last night. I am undecided so far. Maybe this thread will help me decide.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Spurs beating them won't slack our thirst to do so. Our shame is not the Spur's responsibility. We made our bed with our display in the '08 Finals. It's a stain upon our brand.

We have to be ready & willing the next time we're presented with the makings.

kamikazi_player
12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
We don't need your support.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I'd rather see any good West Coast team beat a good East Coast team (unless it's the end of the season and would cause seeding problems for the Lakers).

I hope the Spurs put a woodshed beating on the green bitchez.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
We don't need your support.

True, but, a note from Mother Ginolbilli stating Manu can't play internationally wouldn't hurt.:blah

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
we don't need your support.

k

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Before I came to this site the answer would have been easy. Root for the spurs against the celtics no question. I mean it's not like the spurs are any kind of thread to us anyway. But after being here for a while and seeing how fucking stupid and bitter a lot of these excuse making whining spur faggots are it has really made me grow to hate the team. Now it's hard to decide.

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 01:40 PM
go spurs go

lefty
12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
The game is on TSN HD; fuck yeeeeeah

nkdlunch
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Before I came to this site the answer would have been easy. Root for the spurs against the celtics no question. I mean it's not like the spurs are any kind of thread to us anyway. But after being here for a while and seeing how fucking stupid and bitter a lot of these excuse making whining spur faggots are it has really made me grow to hate the team. Now it's hard to decide.

maybe you should visit a Celtic forum and then see how you feel you dumb fuck

pauls931
I have to go with beantown on this one.

The Gemini Method
Fu#k the Celtics...

I don't have any love for them, so if the Spurs took them down while slapping KG then I'm all for it. As a Laker fan, I still have to respect what the Spurs represent even if it is the anti-thesis to the Lakers' plan for success.

lefty
12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Fu#k the Celtics...

I don't have any love for them, so if the Spurs took them down while slapping KG then I'm all for it. As a Laker fan, I still have to respect what the Spurs represent even if it is the anti-thesis to the Lakers' plan for success.
Bonner has already done it when he was in Toronto :toast

I'm hoping he'll do it again tomorrow

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm with the bald spot on this as well. I hope Boston kicks your ass until it like bleeds.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
maybe you should visit a Celtic forum and then see how you feel you dumb fuck

I have cock breath.

LOL@MavsFan
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM

:toastSame here

LOL@MavsFan
12-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I have to go with beantown on this one.

Of course you do suns fan
see 2003 playoffs
see 2005 playoffs
see 2007 playoffs. haha

rayray2k8
12-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading...

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:06 PM
In no way, shape, form, or fashion should a Laker fan ever support the Celtics. I don't care if Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were building a Home for Habitat--the hope is that a support beam falls on Paul Pierce while Ray Allen falls into freshly poured cement.

Just kidding...its just a game...

Allanon
12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
seeing how fucking stupid and bitter a lot of these excuse making whining spur faggots are it has really made me grow to hate the team. Now it's hard to decide.

I totally agree with this, there are indeed some whiny, excuse ridden bitchez who are just haterz.

But there are also some cool Spursies who don't make excuses and give grudging (which is expected) credit when it's due.

pauls931
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Of course you do suns fan
see 2003 playoffs
see 2005 playoffs
see 2007 playoffs. haha

Congrats, now enjoy the gradual slide back to mediocrity.

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I totally agree with this, there are indeed some whiny, excuse ridden bitchez who are just haterz.

But there are also some cool Spursies who don't make excuses and give grudging (which is expected) credit when it's due.

Let's not pull too far ahead of the pack on this one...

As a Laker fan, we should ALL know that members of our "fanship" subscribe to the same manner of discussion when it comes to our beloved NBA team, so let's not discredit the Spurs' fanbase without paying attention to our own. Just sayin'.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Definitely. They aren't all bad.

jonnybravo
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Of course you should support the Spurs.

I know a lot of cats started watching with the Kobe years but the Lakers legacy started decades before that. Nothing pleases me more than watching the Celtics go through a period of misery.

The last 20 years before Lurch made that trade was complete heaven. In fact I hope KG is going to catch a case of the flesh eating virus. Nothing too good for ole' KG.

Hate to say it but the Spurs are irrelevant in the grand scheme of Lakers lore. It's really hard to dislike the Spurs to tell you the truth. A team of mostly nice guys.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Let's not pull too far ahead of the pack on this one...

As a Laker fan, we should ALL know that members of our "fanship" subscribe to the same manner of discussion when it comes to our beloved NBA team, so let's not discredit the Spurs' fanbase without paying attention to our own. Just sayin'.

Are you fucking kidding me? There are some mega retarded laker fans on this site. But since we are hugely outnumbered I chose not to attack them for the sake of solidarity.

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't say the Spurs are irrelevant in the lore of all things Lakers, because without the Spurs there wouldn't be some of the lore you speak of. Also, without genuine competition the whole idea doesn't exist. The Spurs, Rockets, Trail Blazers, and etc...all had roles in the Aughts and from here on out.

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? There are some mega retarded laker fans on this site. But since we are hugely outnumbered I chose not to attack them for the sake of solidarity.

Solidarity for the sake of solidarity doesn't really seem to work here. So, I mean, you are one of the Laker posters here I actually take the time to read. I don't think there is a sense of camarderie on here as most are quick to poach the lesser fans. But, that's where the importance lies--being able to tolerate fans of ALL the teams here enough to warrant viewership...Your signature doesn't hurt with the enticement either.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Solidarity for the sake of solidarity doesn't really seem to work here. So, I mean, you are one of the Laker posters here I actually take the time to read. I don't think there is a sense of camarderie on here as most are quick to poach the lesser fans. But, that's where the importance lies--being able to tolerate fans of ALL the teams here enough to warrant viewership...Your signature doesn't hurt with the enticement either.

No disrespect to you Gemini but I think most of the Lakerfans here leave each other alone even through disagreements.

As it should be :lol

mingus
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
i don't expect any LA fans to support the San Antonio Spurs. they've yet to show me that they've overcome in the slightest the '99 Forum beatdown and '03 beatdown. Boston didn't beat LA in LA. LA fans could just turn off the T.V. and forget about it, move on. however the San Antonio Spurs beat the Lakers in their territory, making it personal. attending fans had to walk back to their cars humiliated, upset that they threw away money to see the Spurs prevail the way they did. and they couldn't just turn of the T.V.; that walk back to their car, and the drive home, sulking over the loss, will forever be etched into their minds. the residual effects of those losses still fill the air over in LA. they breath it in everyday and let it out with their extreme hate.

can't blame 'em.

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
No disrespect to you Gemini but I think most of the Lakerfans here leave each other alone even through disagreements.

While I see where you're coming from, I don't see that in whollistic practice. I lurked for a good part of this year and have seen the likes of lakaluva, Dr. House, and Culbs come under distinct scrutiny from the Laker bretheren. I'm not sure if that is solidarity lol...though as it may be, they do say some outlandish stuff.

Anyhow, the point is this

BOSTON SUCKS.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Your Marc Gasol take severely testing our goodness & resolve.:lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah how is mediocrity?:lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-02-2009, 02:35 PM

LOL whining about Spurs fans whining:lol

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Fair point.

By the way, you really need to post more.

TheMACHINE
12-02-2009, 02:38 PM
im rooting for the spurs..they aint a threat to us anyways.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Your Marc Gasol take severely testing our goodness & resolve.:lol

Which is cool to me, Cullster. We don't have to agree and we even disagree, we just shouldn't go all out with "you're a f*king idiot" to one another.

And I freely admit, my Marc Gasol takes are my own and don't reflect the goodness of the Laker fan population.

ie. Don't blame that shit on my fellow Laker brethren. ::lol

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Fair point.

By the way, you really need to post more.

Thanks. I am trying to post more, but with work and internet that is spotty at best at home I have to do my posting at work.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
We all know that there aren't any Lakers fans on this site, just Spurs fan trolls.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
We all know that there aren't any Lakers fans on this site, just Spurs fan trolls.

I'm actually a mouse troll.

Donkeybong
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
All depends on the current situation. At this point and time I go for spurs.

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:47 PM
-BlackBellamy Troll

;)

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm actually a mouse troll.

Ah, that's what I meant, you're all Mouse trolls. Maybe Allanon, might not be. He's Jamstone's, non-asian, alter-ego.

TheManFromAcme
Interesing comments from all I must add. Still, I can't stomach any and all things Celtics.
Here's to S.A. kicking some butt. :toast

LOL@MavsFan
im rooting for the spurs..they aint a threat to us anyways.

Keep on believing that buddy....keep watching Tim Legler and ESPN :lol

Allanon
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Ah, that's what I meant, you're all Mouse trolls. Maybe Allanon, might not be. He's Jamstone's, non-asian, alter-ego.

I like to think I'm your non-Jew alter ego Bellamy.

Ok, ok "jew-ISH" :lol

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 02:51 PM
I like to think I'm your non-Jew alter ego Bellamy.

Ok, ok "jew-ISH" :lol

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!

:lol You're the Peaches to my Herb, that's all I know.

hater
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
fuck the Lakers

when they play the mavs I root for an injury

nkdlunch
12-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I have cock breath.

you have cock breath???

:lmao :lmao

why would you advertise it on the internets :lol

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 02:54 PM
fuck the Lakers

...mighty nice of ya :(

SenorSpur
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM

I support that position - all day long!

The Gemini Method
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
fuck the Lakers

Well, we Laker fans don't have to root for an injury when San Antonio plays...it is more than likely a forgone conclusion... ;)

TheMACHINE
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Keep on believing that buddy....keep watching Tim Legler and ESPN :lol

umm...prove to me otherwise.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Interesing comments from all I must add. Still, I can't stomach any and all things Celtics.
Here's to S.A. kicking some butt. :toast

I was like that too. I cried like a baby in the Summer of '84 after they rinsed us. It was a horrible Tuesday nite. Remember? They were waving those towels and looking down to our end of the scorer's table. M.L. Carr, McHale. I hated those f'ers with all my might. That is why the '85 Finals were so cleansing. It was never the same after that. We were set free forever. Even after the debacle of '08 my hatred does not burn anywhere near as hot & true as before '85. We needed that ('85) so f'king badly. You youngsters that don't know need to realize the bridge that Magic erected that enabled you fellows to live in nothing but sunshine. You have no idea the agony, humiliation and despair that we went thru.

I remember that Sunday in June of '85 like it was yesterday. It was as glorious a day as I've ever known.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 02:58 PM
...mighty nice of ya :(

It's not like any of this thread was based on civility. It's a 'what team do you hate less?' thread. Very few of you Lakers fan give the Spurs any credit, until it comes around to us potentially bumping off your greatest rival, and even then it's a begrudging endorsement for S.A. What does that say? It takes the team that you guys hate most in the world for you to root for the Spurs (and some of you won't even do it under that circumstance).

hater
12-02-2009, 03:00 PM
It's not like any of this thread was based on civility. It's a 'what team do you hate less?' thread. Very few of you Lakers fan give the Spurs any credit, until it comes around to us potentially bumping off your greatest rival, and even then it's a begrudging endorsement for S.A. What does that say? It takes the team that you guys hate most in the world for you to root for the Spurs (and some of you won't even do it under that circumstance).

bingo. just throwing some wood to the fire :toast

TheMACHINE
12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Half of you fuckers rooted for the Magic in the Finals...but i still love you. ;)

in2deep
what have we learned from this thread?

1. Spurs and Laker fans are asses to each other
2. read below:

I have cock breath.

ginobili's bald spot

Now I just feel bad. :depressed Sorry spurfan.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Bell is right. During the Smush Era you guys stood in the path of the Suns many times. I don't know what I'd have done without ya's. I cringe at the thought. I still can't believe Duncan canned that 3. I get nervous thinking about it to this day.

But, you guys are so f'ing aggravating on this Forum. It's maddening at times.

The Gemini Method

While I think that's a correct assumption, I don't believe it to be the case for me at least. I can't speak on the behalf of other Laker fans here, but I do have a sense of respect for the Spurs. That's the reason I'm here (and because I can't tolerate the juvenile posters on any of the Lakers forums.) I do harbor ill will towards the Celtics, but that was normally trivial until a Celtic fan harrassed and groped my gf back in 2008 during the finals (yeah, i know the Celtics were stomping the Lakers...). So, I have become judgemental against Boston--I hate 'em lol.

The Spurs have earned their way to respectability. There is no denying that at all. If a Laker fan was to argue that, then that's just foolish rhetoric on their part. Again, though, that's the allure of it all. If we claim we're not rooting for the Spurs than we're betrying the ancient dislike of the Celtics and that cannot and shouldn't happen.

BlackBellamy

Hush. :lol Absolutely nobody is having their feelings hurt by this thread, save maybe Bostonians, and I doubt they care any more than the rest of us.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM

:lol

Hooks
12-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't need no help my nigga, I can do bad on my own
And I don't need no company lil' mama, stop ringing my cellular phone
When I be down and out, nobody wanna come and kick it
I'm a nobody, until I can shine
So when my money is long, I don't need nobody to visit
Leave me lonely, like you did last time

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
But, you guys are so f'ing aggravating on this Forum. It's maddening at times.

Cubby, that comes from all around regardless of team affiliation. I've never had real trouble with anyone on the board, except a few times from my fellow Spurs fan. And this coming from you? I'm sure you can appreciate the general motivation for the aggravation.

Tee-Hee.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I was like that too. I cried like a baby in the Summer of '84 after they rinsed us. It was a horrible Tuesday nite. Remember? They were waving those towels and looking down to our end of the scorer's table. M.L. Carr, McHale. I hated those f'ers with all my might. That is why the '85 Finals were so cleansing. It was never the same after that. We were set free forever. Even after the debacle of '08 my hatred does not burn anywhere near as hot & true as before '85. We needed that ('85) so f'king badly. You youngsters that don't know need to realize the bridge that Magic erected that enabled you fellows to live in nothing but sunshine. You have no idea the agony, humiliation and despair that we went thru.

I remember that Sunday in June of '85 like it was yesterday. It was as glorious a day as I've ever known.

:toast

I remember exactly where I was in '84. I was working at the electronics dept. of Montgomery Wards and this fellow with a Celtics shirt on saw me with my Laker tie-clip(it's the 80's okay!) and just gave me this grin. No words. Just this grin that I remember like it was yesterday. '85 was beyond redemption. Your right. Magic and crew forever freed us from the chains of Celtic bondage.

I will always root against the Celts regardless of who plays them. I am amazed of how nobody would not see it like you and I do. You can't even second guess this one.

Beat them down Spurs!

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 03:16 PM
While I think that's a correct assumption, I don't believe it to be the case for me at least. I can't speak on the behalf of other Laker fans here, but I do have a sense of respect for the Spurs. That's the reason I'm here (and because I can't tolerate the juvenile posters on any of the Lakers forums.) I do harbor ill will towards the Celtics, but that was normally trivial until a Celtic fan harrassed and groped my gf back in 2008 during the finals (yeah, i know the Celtics were stomping the Lakers...). So, I have become judgemental against Boston--I hate 'em lol.

The Spurs have earned their way to respectability. There is no denying that at all. If a Laker fan was to argue that, then that's just foolish rhetoric on their part. Again, though, that's the allure of it all. If we claim we're not rooting for the Spurs than we're betrying the ancient dislike of the Celtics and that cannot and shouldn't happen.

Amen

picc84
12-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes.

Hooks
12-02-2009, 03:17 PM

I remember exactly where I was in '84.I was working at the electronics dept. of Montgomery Wards and this fellow with a Celtics shirt on saw me with my Laker tie-clip(it's the 80's okay!) and just gave me this grin. No words. Just this grin that I remember like it was yesterday. '85 was beyond redemption. Your right. Magic and crew forever freed us from the chains of Celtic bondage.

I will always root against the Celts regardless of who plays them. I am amazed of how nobody would not see it like you and I do. You can't even second guess this one.

Beat them down Spurs!

lol

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 03:18 PM
i don't expect any LA fans to support the San Antonio Spurs. they've yet to show me that they've overcome in the slightest the '99 Forum beatdown and '03 beatdown. Boston didn't beat LA in LA. LA fans could just turn off the T.V. and forget about it, move on. however the San Antonio Spurs beat the Lakers in their territory, making it personal. attending fans had to walk back to their cars humiliated, upset that they threw away money to see the Spurs prevail the way they did. and they couldn't just turn of the T.V.; that walk back to their car, and the drive home, sulking over the loss, will forever be etched into their minds. the residual effects of those losses still fill the air over in LA. they breath it in everyday and let it out with their extreme hate.

can't blame 'em.

congrats on the Spurs having home court when they swept the Lakers and also having home court when the Lakers swept them.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM

I here you and good post.

I would be lying if I typed that the Spurs didn't give me a scare or two.
I hope the Spurs continue with some success so that our rivalry continues.
I love being a native SoCal guy and a Laker fan living in S.A. it's made it that much special.

You can bash the Spurs and the team but the Spurs are one of the best franchises in sports. You can't argue that.

Strike
12-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Retarded Laker fans outnumbered by retarded Spurs fans on a Spurs message board? Surely you jest.

Either way, I root for the Lakers when they play anyone except the Spurs. Who you root for is your choice.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
lol

I figured some would laugh at this. I can't blame you. Looking back at the early '80's makes me think, "what the hell was I thinking"? :lol

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Retarded Laker fans outnumbered by retarded Spurs fans on a Spurs message board? Surely you jest.

Laker fans in general are out numbered. That's what I was referring to.

Strike
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM

Gotcha.

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 03:31 PM

We must unite. Even when I don't agree with you guys(Fellow Laker fans), we must unite.

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
We must unite. Even when I don't agree with you guys(Fellow Laker fans), we must unite.

We can't unite until we all agree that Lakers+ Marc Gasol >> Lakers+Pau Gasol. :lol

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Ok, but, I get to control the TV remote during all free throws.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
We can't unite until we all agree that Lakers+ Marc Gasol >> Lakers+Pau Gasol. :lol

F*kin GBS.

I think y'all fail to see my true intent but you will know in a few years. I'm just getting my argument ready. :lol

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM

You really believe that? That's one thing I can never agree with. Pau >>> Marc

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
F*kin GBS.

I think y'all fail to see my true intent but you will know in a few years. I'm just getting my argument ready. :lol

As Cubby would say, I'm just checkin' assholes. :lol

You really believe that? That's one thing I can never agree with. Pau >>> Marc

Nah, of course not. I was just fuckin with allanon.

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
As Cubby would say, I'm just checkin' assholes. :lol

Nah, of course not. I was just fuckin with allanon.

I was gonna say. That's where the line is drawn. We can't be recognized as the same fan base.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Fuck the Spurs! I hope Boston beats them down bad so I can read the Spurs forum again. It sucks when they win but is great when they lose. :lol

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
It sucks when they win but is great when they lose. :lol

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect".

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect".

When you lose you're ready to trade and fire everybody. Along with being truthful on how much you suck.

When you win, no matter who you beat, you're contenders again. :rolleyes

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
When you lose you're ready to trade and fire everybody. Along with being truthful on how much you suck.

When you win, no matter who you beat, you're contenders again. :rolleyes

Insert X amount of fans and Y for any team's fan base with a reasonable sample group on this forum, and get the same results. There's chicken littles and swollen balls all over this forum, no matter whom you support. If yer upset with the amount of Spurs fans on a Spurs board, well... the door?

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM

+1

It's funny I used to troll the Mavs forum as a Rockets fan but when I first signed up, I signed up as a Spurs fan. After one season I had to change teams, my stomach couldn't take acting like I really wanted the Spurs to win.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Insert X amount of fans and Y any team's fan base on this forum, and get the same results. There's chicken littles and swollen balls all over this forum, no matter whom you support. If yer upset with the amount of Spurs fans on a Spurs board, well... the door?

I don't need you to tell me that, I just said I don't read it when you win. Obviously I know where the door is. Talking about a dizzying intellect.:dizzy

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't need you to tell me that, I just said I don't read it when you win. Obviously I know where the door is. Talking about a dizzying intellect.:dizzy

Ah-ite, man. Root for Boston to win, so you can feel more comfortable posting on a message board. Just seems like a backwards mentality for a Lakers fan to have (considering you and the C's rivalry), regardless of reasoning. But hey, to each their own.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Ah-ite, man. Root for Boston to win, so you can feel more comfortable posting on a message board. Just seems like a backwards mentality for a Lakers fan to have, regardless of reasoning. But hey, to each their own.

Why? What does the spurs beating boston have to do with the Lakers? Home court? Big deal, that means nothing if you are the better team.

I hate the spurs much more than I hate Boston.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 04:45 PM

You must be young.

anakha
12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Laker fans in general are out numbered.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-wtc.gif

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
You must be young.

I wish. Maybe if I had the same experience with Boston Fans on their forum as I did with the Spurs fans, i would hate boston more, but in the 80's there were no forums to go to.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Why? What does the spurs beating boston have to do with the Lakers? Home court? Big deal, that means nothing if you are the better team.

LakeShow.....

I don't doubt your colors or love for all things Lakers but have you read the bottom of your LakerFan membership card? It states as follows;

"I hereby swear total and utter hatred for all things Celtics including allying myself with teams that might dismantle, destroy and elminate the Boston Celtics"

Hating on the Celtics is like baseball and apple pie. Hate on the Spurs but sheer unadulterated hatred must be reserved for the boys from BOSTON.

Come on now man.....

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
LakeShow.....

I don't doubt your colors or love for all things Lakers but have you read the bottom of your LakerFan membership card? It states as follows;

"I hereby swear total and utter hatred for all things Celtics including allying myself with teams that might dismantle, destroy and elminate the Boston Celtics"

Hating on the Celtics is like baseball and apple pie. Hate on the Spurs but sheer unadulterated hatred must be reserved for the boys from BOSTON.

Come on now man.....

Don't get me wrong, I do not like the Celtics. I just hate the Spurs more for reasons stated.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I wish. Maybe if I had the same experience with Boston Fans on their forum as I did with the Spurs fans, i would hate boston more, but in the 80's there were no forums to go to.

So, you root for or against fans, not teams? Gotcha'.

Muser
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Don't get how you can hate the Spurs more than Boston, Spurs have been the Lakers wipping boys. That's like Spur fan hating Suns fan more than laker fan.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I do not like the Celtics. I just hate the Spurs more for reasons stated.

The Spurs have just recently posed any sort of threats to us. The history doesn't go way back like it does with the Celts. Ask Jerry. Ask Elgin. Ask Wilt. They and all of Cali got their hearts broken over and over and over again by the shmucks from Beantown. Historically, we have owned the Spurs (see the 80's and don't get mad Spurs fan I am just trying to make a point :toast).

If you can recall '84 does that not ring a bell? No pain has compared to '08 or worst yet '84.

20 years from now the consensus will still dictate that Boston is our one and true enemy.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 05:08 PM
The Spurs have just recently posed any sort of threats to us. The history doesn't go way back like it does with the Celts. Ask Jerry. Ask Elgin. Ask Wilt. They and all of Cali got their hearts broken over and over and over again by the shmucks from Beantown. Historically, we have owned the Spurs (see the 80's and don't get mad Spurs fan I am just trying to make a point :toast).

If you can recall '84 does that not ring a bell? No pain has compared to '08 or worst yet '84.

20 years from now the consensus will still dictate that Boston is our one and true enemy.

This is the Lakers fan that we've grown accustomed to^. I guess I'm just not used to raw hatred towards Spurs fan from anyone other than Phoenix... maybe Dallas.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 05:21 PM

The Celtics are our biggest rival. I hated the celtics in the 80's. They have not been relevent for what 20 years until a couple of seasons ago. The Spurs were our rivals in the 2000 and I've built a hate for that team. sorry you can't understand that. It is what it is. FTS

Sportstudi
12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
F*** the Celtics. I can't stand this big douchebag Garnett. Additionally, there is Paul Pierce. There's hardly a player in the league overestimating himself like Pierce. See here: Link (http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/why-paul-pierce-believes-he-s-better-than-kobe-bryant-ar48724.html). Yes, it's from August 2008, but still. You would never hear anything like that from Duncan.

Therefore, I will go with the Spurs tonight.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Don't get how you can hate the Spurs more than Boston, Spurs have been the Lakers wipping boys. That's like Spur fan hating Suns fan more than laker fan.

Why I hate the Spurs. They used to have class, now they're just an ass. Complaining to the league getting players suspended, Hack a shaq, protesting playoffs games, whining ass Tim Duncan, fragile ass Manu ginobili, dumb ass fans who think that their shit doesnt think. I do like Parker though:toast

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
F*** the Celtics. I can't stand this big douchebag Garnett. Additionally, there is Paul Pierce. There's hardly a player in the league overestimating himself like Pierce. See here: Link (http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/why-paul-pierce-believes-he-s-better-than-kobe-bryant-ar48724.html). Yes, it's from August 2008, but still. You would never hear anything like that from Duncan.

Therefore, I will go with the Spurs tonight.

But, let's face it:::these Celtics are not a continuation of the Celtic bloodline. A fly on the wall (that Houston Double guy) in a room of old Celtics would bring back a snoot full of caca from hangin' in the toilet &&& news that old Celtics think this new breed is a disgrace. That helps temper my hatred.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
The Celtics are our biggest rival. I hated the celtics in the 80's. They have not been relevent for what 20 years until a couple of seasons ago. The Spurs were our rivals in the 2000 and I've built a hate for that team. sorry you can't understand that. It is what it is. FTS

We will leave it at that. Besides, your still a Laker fan and that's all that counts. :toast

Killakobe81
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Fu#k the Celtics...

I have to agree with this ...I respect the Spurs class and consistency. Boston wins one title and think their God's gift. Plus duncan needs to remind KG of when he used to make him his bitch 4 or 5 times a year plus the playoffs.

As for the Spurs ...I NEVER considered them a rival (the team) bunch of nice guys except Bowen (and SJAX)

BUT when I moved TO SA for a few years (in Dallas now) they HATE (fans) almost as much as Dallas or Phoenix ...so i hate their fans right back and enjoy watching my Lakers buss they ass but on thursday we are on the same side ...

carrao45
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I, as a Laker fan, would root for the Spurs, because I like Tim Duncan, and would hope that one of KG's thin shins snaps in half, Paul Pierce is legitimately put in a wheelchair, Rondo accidentally collides with Ray Allen and they both crack their skulls, and Sheed breaks his ankle.

I hate the C's more than the Spurs. Simple and Plain

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Why I hate the Spurs. They used to have class, when they were coached by Bob Bass, now they're just an ass, their fans suck in mass, Boston gets a pass, but that won't last, once in the play-offs Garnett will shatter like glass, cuz we're the league's top brass.

Fixed.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I have to admit I'm kinda getting into all the [Hate Celtics harmony]. Wow.

Killakobe81
12-02-2009, 05:37 PM

AMen. I respect the Spurs their fanbase and their local sportstalk (teh douche from Dallas) gets no love ....

Killakobe81
12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Of course you should support the Spurs.

I know a lot of cats started watching with the Kobe years but the Lakers legacy started decades before that. Nothing pleases me more than watching the Celtics go through a period of misery.

The last 20 years before Lurch made that trade was complete heaven. In fact I hope KG is going to catch a case of the flesh eating virus. Nothing too good for ole' KG.

Hate to say it but the Spurs are irrelevant in the grand scheme of Lakers lore. It's really hard to dislike the Spurs to tell you the truth. A team of mostly nice guys.

+1
Though I dont like Parker and Blair bugs me as well ...

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I have to admit I'm kinda getting into all the [Hate Celtics harmony]. Wow.

You say Celtics hate, I say Spurs love. :lol Yes, it's infectious.

Boston Pancake
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
After getting fuckstick'd 131-92 of course Laker fans should hate The Mighty Boston Celtics.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Fixed.

21_Blessings
12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

The Spurs are a harmless speed bump on the Lakers road to the finals. Not a threat at all to home court advantage.

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 05:51 PM
After getting fuckstick'd 131-92 of course Laker fans should hate The Mighty Boston Celtics.

:lol Wuh-oh. I knew this was bound to happen. Blitzkrieg in 3...2...1...

FkLA
12-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Why the hell do some of yall hate the Mavs more than the Lakers? The Mavs prevented us from winning a title one time this decade, the Lakers did it what 3 times I believe? Personally I hate the Lakers with a passion, its mixed with respect though cause me hating them has alot to do with their accomplishments...being hated isnt all that bad of a thing, succesful teams are ussually the most hated.

From a Laker fans perspective, I see it the same way as a I see Lakers/Mavs for us...sure the Spurs brought them down a couple of years but overall the Cs have caused them more suffering. I dont see why a Laker fan can hate the Spurs more than the Cs, perhaps the younger generation might feel that way in which case they need to be educated about yalls rivalry with Boston.

Allanon
12-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I actually hope the Celtics make it out of the East this year.

131-92 was horrible.

But the Lakers have swept the Celtics since then; the Celtics are clearly inferior to the Lakers with Bynum in the lineup.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 05:59 PM

How did Orlando butt taste Beanboy?

21_Blessings
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
The Mavs prevented us from winning a title one time this decade, the Lakers did it what 3 times I believe?

Try 4. :toast

Boston Pancake
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
How did Orlando butt taste Beanboy?

131-92. I win.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Why the hell do some of yall hate the Mavs more than the Lakers? The Mavs prevented us from winning a title one time this decade, the Lakers did it what 3 times I believe? Personally I hate the Lakers with a passion, its mixed with respect though cause me hating them has alot to do with their accomplishments...being hated isnt all that bad of a thing, succesful teams are ussually the most hated.

From a Laker fans perspective, I see it the same way as a I see Lakers/Mavs for us...sure the Spurs brought them down a couple of years but overall the Cs have caused them more suffering. I dont see why a Laker fan can hate the Spurs more than the Cs, perhaps the younger generation might feel that way in which case they need to be educated about yalls rivalry with Boston.

This.

Well put I must add.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 06:05 PM
131-92. I win.

That was '08. Ancient history.

Care to discuss what has transpired since? Huh?
Enjoy the little window Danny boy opened up. It's gonna shut on you.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
We will leave it at that. Besides, your still a Laker fan and that's all that counts. :toast

I get alot of flack from lakers fans for still liking Shaq. They all get on my case but it is what it is. I just can't hate after what he did for Inglewood. That's bigger than basketball in my mind.

Boston Pancake
12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
That was '08. Ancient history.

Care to discuss what has transpired since? Huh?
Enjoy the little window Danny boy opened up. It's gonna shut on you.

Boston owned you the last time it mattered. That's all I care about, Laker fan faggot.

131-92.

iggypop123
12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
i think laker fans should support a triple overtime game where there is a fight and people get suspended

FkLA
12-02-2009, 06:20 PM

I get alot of flack from lakers fans for still liking Shaq. They all get on my case but it is what it is. I just can't hate after what he did for Inglewood. That's bigger than basketball in my mind.

Ive never understood why LA fans hate Shaq so much, he was arguably the biggest reason for the three-peat. I know he basically forced management to choose between him and Kobe, but so did Kobe. Both had their responsibility in that, they simply couldnt co-exist. His trade demand was as a result of management choosing Kobe over him...personally I think Kobe's trade demand he made when things werent going well post-Shaq should be more insulting to you Lakers fans. I wouldnt see a player on my team in the same way if they did that.

Xylus
12-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I like the Spurs more than the Celtics, but for seeding purposes, I'll root for the Celtics. The Spurs' playoff seed is inversely proportional to the hope I have of the Suns succeeding in the playoffs.

carrao45
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
LakeShow.....

Come on now man.....

"Do not like" doesn't cut it man

carrao45
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Try 4. :toast

3. We beat them 4 times, but we didn't stop them from winning the title in '08, they already had no chance

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Ive never understood why LA fans hate Shaq so much, he was arguably the biggest reason for the three-peat. I know he basically forced management to choose between him and Kobe, but so did Kobe. Both had their responsibility in that, they simply couldnt co-exist. His trade demand was as a result of management choosing Kobe over him...personally I think Kobe's trade demand he made when things werent going well post-Shaq should be more insulting to you Lakers fans. I wouldnt see a player on my team in the same way if they did that.

I would say of the Lakers fans that I know, 90 percent of them hate shaq. I just don't get it. Like you said, Shaq and Kobe shared equally in the breakup and shaq did lead the lakers to the 3 peat. If you can forgive Kobe, why not shaq? Because he's no longer a lakers player? That's not good enough for me. I wish Shaq the best no matter what team he plays for.

Mike D
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
The way I look at it is, the Spurs are a team that is comprised of respectful, humble and likable guys for the most part. As a Laker fan, I've come to grow fond of the challenges they've brought, their best players, and Pop because the guy can flatout coach.

The Celtics are a cocky, arrogant group full of outspoken guys who seem to act like they are Gods gift to BBall.

I'm pulling for SAS.

NRHector
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
The way I look at it is, the Spurs are a team that is comprised of respectful, humble and likable guys for the most part. As a Laker fan, I've come to grow fond of the challenges they've brought, their best players, and Pop because the guy can flatout coach.

The Celtics are a cocky, arrogant group full of outspoken guys who seem to act like they are Gods gift to BBall.

I'm pulling for SAS.Amen to that

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Go Spurs, beat those green leprechauns, And on Saturday do the same to the Thuggetz!!

hhml
12-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm rooting for the Spurs. I don't have any hate for them. Celtics, on the other hand, are just full of assholes. How can anyone root for a team with KG on it? He's one despicable piece of shit. I used to like him back in MN but ever since he's won a championship, he's shown his true color. I just hope it comes down a close game and a fight breaks out and KG gets his ass kicked. There are a few nice Boston fans here so I hope there's no hard feelings that I'm rooting for the Spurs to kick your team's ass :hat
:flag:

21_Blessings
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Ive never understood why LA fans hate Shaq so much, he was arguably the biggest reason for the three-peat.

Because he's a prick? He's left on bad terms with every team he's played for.

And Kobe was seriously just as big a reason for those rings. Best defender on the team, outright 4th quater closer over shaq, facilitator and he constantly sacrificed his statistics when he defered Shaq. Something Shaq couldn't accept when his fat lazy ass gained 80 pounds and became 1/2 half the player he was.

21_Blessings
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
3. We beat them 4 times, but we didn't stop them from winning the title in '08, they already had no chance

I don't agree at all. They matched up better with the Celtics that year than the injury plagued Lakers. Spurs just had no answer for Kobe in the WCF.

cherylsteele
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Why I hate the Spurs. They used to have class, now they're just an ass. Complaining to the league getting players suspended, Hack a shaq, protesting playoffs games, whining ass Tim Duncan, fragile ass Manu ginobili, dumb ass fans who think that their shit doesnt think. I do like Parker though:toast
Getting players suspended?
If you are referring to the Phoenix series in '07, please show me where the Spurs complained to get players suspended.

Hack a Shaq was done by more teams than just the Spurs, just like teams did a bash-a-Bowen.

When did the Spurs protest a playoff game?

I will assume you meant stink, not think, the same could be said for Laker fans, and all other teams' fans.

When other teams play I really don't root for one or the other too much, because those outcames can't be control by the Spurs'. I look at those games for the general enjoyment of basketball, and I get insight a little bit on what to expect when the Spurs play those teams.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:21 PM
"Do not like" doesn't cut it man

Let me tell you what doesn't cut it. Rooting for a team that pulled for every team that the lakers played the last 2 years in the playoffs. Those assholes even root for the east rather than root for the western conference. I and other lakers fans like me root for the west no matter what. Those assholes get solace with any team that beats the lakers. FTS

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Getting players suspended?
If you are referring to the Phoenix series in '07, please show me where the Spurs complained to get players suspended.

Hack a Shaq was done by more teams than just the Spurs, just like teams did a bash-a-Bowen.

When did the Spurs protest a playoff game?

I will assume you meant stink, not think, the same could be said for Laker fans, and all other teams' fans.

When other teams play I really don't root for one or the other too much, because those outcames can't be control by the Spurs'. I look at those games for the general enjoyment of basketball, and I get insight a little bit on what to expect when the Spurs play those teams.

Kobe for bitch slapping Manu (the spurs sent the tape to the league)

Fisher .04 (a formal protest was filed)

ezau
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Support from LA? Thanks, but no thanks. I couldn't care less about your hatred for the Cs. Then again, I can understand the hatred because there is no other team that has humiliated you guys more convincingly and consistently than the Cs. Each time I think about the Cs, the 2008 Finals flashes right before my very eyes. Ahhh, good times tee hee

BlackBellamy
12-02-2009, 09:32 PM

Was that when Manu gave that sideways from behind block? What the fuck was Kobe's defense, that he always flails out his arms in a slapping motion after a shot? :lol

A Lakers fan being upset over .04? You guys got credit regardless of Spurs FO protest.

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Boston owned you the last time it mattered. That's all I care about, Laker fan faggot.

131-92.

It's comments like this one that Laker fans who are rooting against the Spurs should see.

Fans like Boston Cupcake makes it even easier for me to hate the Celts.

We shall see in about 5 1/2 months you Idiotic Bostonian. We shall see....

:rolleyes

ezau
12-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Fuck the Spurs! I hope Boston beats them down bad so I can read the Spurs forum again. It sucks when they win but is great when they lose. :lol

Laker fan cheering for Boston= Piece of Shit

ginobili's bald spot
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
It's comments like this one that Laker fans who are rooting against the Spurs should see.

Fans like Boston Cupcake makes it even easier for me to hate the Celts.

We shall see in about 5 1/2 months you Idiotic Bostonian. We shall see....

:rolleyes

FYI, you are arguing with a troll. It's not even a Boston fan.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:36 PM
laker fan cheering for boston= piece of shit

fts

ezau
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
fts

Cheering for Boston LMAO

TheManFromAcme
12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
FYI, you are arguing with a troll. It's not even a Boston fan.

Your right. It's hard not to respond though. :bang

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Was that when Manu gave that sideways from behind block? What the fuck was Kobe's defense, that he always flails out his arms in a slapping motion after a shot? :lol

A Lakers fan being upset over .04? You guys got credit regardless of Spurs FO protest.

The fact that you even sent the tape in was a pussy move.

Just the fact that the Spurs even protested the game.

Now for you newbie's, the Spurs used to be a class organization. They would never do that shit in the past. The Spurs, like the lakers was always too good for that. I lost respect for the spurs over those incidents. Your FO is senile now acting like a bunch of grumpy old men.

TIMMYD!
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM

Congratulations for already being in it. :whine

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Support from LA? Thanks, but no thanks.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 09:43 PM

Now for you newbie's, the Spurs used to be a class organization. They would never do that shit in the past. The Spurs, like the lakers was always too good for that. I lost respect for the spurs over those incidents. Your FO is senile now acting like a bunch of grumpy old men.

Lake is right on here, Spursdom. Your FO has shown their collective asses on many occasions.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Cheering for Boston LMAO

Yep. If you played them in the finals I would pull for them too. FTS

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Laker fan disrespecting ANOTHER team for their "lack of class"...

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM
http://alpha.newamericamedia.org/labeez/labeez/images/2009/09/2009_0924_derek_fisher_400x600.jpg

:lmao

ezau
12-02-2009, 09:46 PM

I'm having a hard time taking a Laker fan seriously who supports Boston. Clearly, you have no fucking idea about your team's history with the Cs. It's time to GTFO of this forum:toast

redzero
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Neither team is particularly likeable, but Celtics all the way, baby.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm having a hard time taking a Laker fan seriously who supports Boston. Clearly, you have no fucking idea about your team's history with the Cs. It's time to GTFO of this forum:toast

I know more about the Lakers history than you would ever know. I don't like the Celtics but I respect them. FTS

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I know more about the Lakers history than you would ever know. I don't like the Celtics but I respect them. FTS

Lemme guess...because the Celts have "class"?

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 09:58 PM

No because they've beaten the Lakers a few times. Don't get me wrong, I hope to play the Celtics in the finals and I hope Phil Jackson lets Artest loose on Pierce. I can't stand him. I probably hate him more than any player in the league right now.

fts

ezau
12-02-2009, 09:59 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I know you guys are butt hurt because I'm not pulling for the Spurs. Get over it! FTS :flipoff

JJ Hickson
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Support from LA? Thanks, but no thanks. I couldn't care less about your hatred for the Cs.

:lmao First this faggot pretends like he doesn't care and then proceeds to make 30 posts in this thread crying that Lakerfag doesn't support his team.

You aren't very good at hiding those insecurities ezau.

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I know you guys are butt hurt because I'm not pulling for the Spurs. Get over it! FTS :flipoff

Not really. Your reasoning is just a tad nonsensical.

Oh, and FTL.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Not really. Your reasoning is just a tad nonsensical.

Oh, and FTL.

Why can't you guys understand? I'm curious. I spelled it out for you.

FTS

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
:lmao First this faggot pretends like he doesn't care and then proceeds to make 30 posts in this thread crying that Lakerfag doesn't support his team.

Wrong. What I don't understand is that some Laker fan is supportive of the Celtics. For a Laker fan, that's the last thing you want to do.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM

KSeal
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Wrong. What I don't understand is that some Laker fan is supportive of the Celtics. For a Laker fan, that's the last thing you want to do.

It's for one game, and it's going against a team that Laker fans hate close to as much. So just calm down.

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Why can't you guys understand? I'm curious. I spelled it out for you.

FTS

No, no...I read whatchoo said. Something about how we USED to be a "class" organization, and now we're not. And you use THAT line of reasoning to jump on the CELTS' wagon for a brief spell.

:dizzy

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
It's for one game, and it's going against a team that Laker fans hate close to as much. So just calm down.

One meaningless regular season game at that. Can you imagine what this board will be like if they win? No Thanks, FTS!

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
LMAO at the Boston-loving Laker fan.

KSeal
12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
One meaningless regular season game at that. Can you imagine what this board will be like if they win? No Thanks, FTS!

:lol I agree.

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:19 PM
No, no...I read whatchoo said. Something about how we USED to be a "class" organization, and now we're not. And you use THAT line of reasoning to jump on the CELTS' wagon for a brief spell.

:dizzy

You used that line, I said in the beginning in case you missed it. I hate the Spurs! That reason is enough for me to not want to see them win. I wish you would lose all of your games but the thread asked about this one. FTS

Greg Oden
12-02-2009, 10:20 PM
LMAO at the Boston-loving Laker fan.

What's even funnier is this guy posts on another forum and he's actually a Rocket fan that signed up on Spurstalk as a lakerfan so he could talk shit to Spur fans.

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:22 PM
You used that line, I said in the beginning in case you missed it. I hate the Spurs! That reason is enough for me to not want to see them win. I wish you would lose all of your games but the thread asked about this one. FTS

Meltdown alert :lmao:lmao

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
What's even funnier is this guy posts on another forum and he's actually a Rocket fan that signed up on Spurstalk as a lakerfan so he could talk shit to Spur fans.

Damn Inchworm (stretch). How many alias do you have? Get a life. :lol

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Holy crap, talk about alternicking just to talk shit to all teams. That's pathetic

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Meltdown alert :lmao:lmao

You're just acting silly now. :dizzy

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
You're just acting silly now. :dizzy

Whatever you say you Boston-loving Laker fan

KSeal
12-02-2009, 10:34 PM

What's even funnier is Ezau is actually a Blazer fan that signed up here as a spurfan so he talk shit to Laker fans.

Greg Oden
12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
What's even funnier is Ezau is actually a Blazer fan that signed up here as a spurfan so he talk shit to Laker fans.

Except you're lying and I'm telling the truth.

It's pretty sad.

ezau
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM

LMAO. I'm a Spurs fan no matter what, buddy:toast

LakeShow
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM

:lol Now that's funny.

Stretch does the same thing, but he's butt hurt over the years of failed debates with ole tex. You know how you have some posters that do not get over it. Mavs fans are funny, I even had one crying on the forum. :lol Stretch is one of those posters. He's been preaching the same tune for 3 seasons on this forum. At some time you just have to get over it. I told him that I was sorry. :lol

duhoh
12-02-2009, 11:46 PM

we don't want to meet up with your guys

duhoh
12-02-2009, 11:48 PM
No because they've beaten the Lakers a few times. Don't get me wrong, I hope to play the Celtics in the finals and I hope Phil Jackson lets Artest loose on Pierce. I can't stand him. I probably hate him more than any player in the league right now.

fts

that reminds me of the times when artest would flop on pierce.

I FRICKIN LOVED IT! in yo face PP!!!!!

cherylsteele
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM

Ah...so you're saying Kobe did slap Manu, and you are complaining about the Spurs reaction?

I'll bet you that the Lakers' would have done the same if the situation was reversed.

cobbler
12-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Spurs do not need our support nor do I feel the need to give them any. With that said, no self respecting Laker fan would ever consider supporting anything remotely rancid and putrid green that is as we know them.... the Celtics.

ezau
12-03-2009, 04:20 AM
With that said, no self respecting Laker fan would ever consider supporting anything remotely rancid and putrid green that is as we know them.... the Celtics.

Well tell that to Lakeshow:lol

sribb43
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I hate the C's and KG. That being said the standings are more important than hatred so Im hoping for a C's win along with an injury to KG (nothing major)... Is that asking too much?

mogrovejo
12-03-2009, 12:11 PM
There are two kinds of basketball fans: Celtics fans and Celtics haters.

As a Celtics fan, I never care about who wins games played by minor ballclubs: Los Angeles, Memphis, San Antonio, New Jersey, New Orleans, Indiana, bla, bla, bla.. who cares?

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
who cares?

Hedo "Jimmy Durante" Turkgolu?

21_Blessings
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hate the idea of the Celtics with a passion. Even ignoring history for a second, the Celtics easily have the least likable team in the NBA.

Watching the game tonight as a basketball fan. I have respect for Timmy. Fuck everyone on that Celtics roster though. :flag: :flag: :flag:

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag:

My God.:(

21_Blessings
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Lesser evil, Cul. Lesser evil.

LakeShow
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag:

:vomit:

Fpoonsie
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Fpoonsie
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
21_Blessings is actually the LAST person I expected to see post somethin' like that. I'd be less surprised if Cul started proppin' the silver and black.

21_Blessings
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm rooting for cancer to beat AIDS tonight. I aint proppin' anything.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd be less surprised if Cul started proppin' the silver and black.

Only if God forbid I need ya's to step into the breach again Vs. the Suns.:toast

The Gemini Method
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
The only good Celtic is an injured Celtic...

Let's face reality here, folks...the Celtics aren't even the face of the NBA nowadays nor were they when they were in their heyday. This here, this league, is carried again by its bestest ball club, the Lakers...wooohoo lol

oh lord...the caffeine has me vexed.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 12:49 PM
In their heyday the Celtics most certainly were. But, the 20 year absence. The peculiar deaths of Bias & Lewis, the natural attrition have all melded to put them in the hodge/podge with everybody else behind the aforementioned bestest ball club, the Lakers....uh,,,,,,,,,,,,,woooohoo.

The Gemini Method
12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Indeed. The tragic losses of Bias and Lewis were terrible and shold never befall any team. However, I don't know if you could ever garner the same admiration for the Celtics as there was for the Lakers. Granged, I'm not that old to where I can say I witnessed anything past the mid-point and end of the Showtime Era, but from what I've seen on the countless Greatest NBA Films, it has somewhat been the Lakers who've carried the day.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
The Celtics set the standard. They triggered everything that has come after their mark (their incredible run in the '60s). Magic & Bird put it on a fast track in & after '79, and then Jordan sealed it forever with Stern boiler-plating the entire package. There would be no Lakers without the Celtics and their legend.

The Gemini Method
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
On the same token, Cul, there would be no Celtics if it weren't for the Laker fodder they provided in those decades. You have to have an rival in order to make things sustainable in sports. I mean, you have the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball as one example. The Celtics' lore is inexact w/o the starstruck existence of say, the Jerry West-led Lakers.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
West only existed in a state of perpetual misery, till this very day. His scars (at the hands of the Celtics) are permanent. During the latest three peat he'd drive the streets of L.A. (radio off) during the games and Black (that bald pr guy) would ring him after the particulars were decided. That's the place where the Celtics tried to send Magic in '84. He wouldn't go though. Instead of turning inward with West and Chamberlain, he came out and took us all with him.

It's never been West. It's been Magic all along.

duhoh
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I hate the C's and KG. That being said the standings are more important than hatred so Im hoping for a C's win along with an injury to KG (nothing major)... Is that asking too much?

:lol ainge would have another heart attack

The Gemini Method
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Well, that is very well true...but Magic had to have (besides the plethora of chicks he was going to bang post-game) in the back of his mind that he couldn't be the next Jerry West in terms of coming up short against the Celtics, so that fueled his quest to beat the team in green. That or one of his hoeZ in B-Town dissed him.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
What drove Magic to that place in order to triumph over the Celtics remains within his heart & mind. He gives the requisite horseshit explanations, but, not the truth. I'd love to hear the truth.

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
What drove Magic to that place in order to triumph over the Celtics remains within his heart & mind. He gives the requisite horseshit explanations, but, not the truth. I'd love to hear the truth.

I don't know about that Cul.
Magic is what he is......a simpleton of sorts with regards to the game. Magic was fearless but there's always been a child-like approach to the game Magic has had. Heck, look at the '84 and '85 series. There is endless footage of him smiling no matter what having a good time. Compare any existing footage of Jerry and company (the 60's Lakers) and you'll quickly notice how stiff and "Deer-in-the-headlights" 'ish they look.

Magic enjoyed every single game. It was all about winning for him but elements of also wanting to have a good time are there.

..Just my theory. :toast

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Sadly, you're most probably right. The melodramatic/romantic in me wants to believe it's more than that, that once he got behind closed doors with his wife and his dad that he had a cascade of emotion and cathartic release of hate.

I always remember Quinn Buckner holding the ball in the crook of his left arm and his right hand clenched in fury ratcheting down as the clock exhausted in the '76 Olympics. ABC had a camera tracking it from almost directly above him and it was a heart stopping moment.

I wanted something like that from Magic there in Boston, in '85, but, it never came.

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Sadly, you're most probably right. The melodramatic/romantic in me wants to believe it's more than that, that once he got behind closed doors with his wife and his dad that he had a cascade of emotion and cathartic release of hate.

I always remember Quinn Buckner holding the ball in the crook of his left arm and his right hand clenched in fury ratcheting down as the clock exhausted in the '76 Olympics. ABC had a camera tracking it from almost directly above him and it was a heart stopping moment.

I wanted something like that from Magic there in Boston, in '85, but, it never came.

But that's probably where the beauty of all of this lies; that carrying his beloved team to vicotry didn't have be a challenge to the emmotions like previous Lakers of yesteryear had to endure. I know what your saying. You wanted to see that bare-soul nakedness that comes with triumph. That moment of being so overcome that you need adrenalin just to pump more adrenalin into the adrenalin. I here you.
I've just always believed that the Magic to Magic was that he always made it look like it was no big deal but with humility. :toast

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Good stuff, Acme.

ElNono
12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
As of recent times (the last 10 years or so) we have developed a nice little rivalry with the boys in Silver in black.

LOL Kobe rapist douche
LOL Odom :married: Fat Kardashian
LOL Rent-A-Center
LOL The Machine

Fuck the Lakers

Just a tiny rivalry... :lol

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Good stuff, Acme.

Thanks Cul. One thing about you.....you sure know your Laker stuff. :toast

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 03:39 PM
LOL Kobe rapist douche
LOL Odom :married: Fat Kardashian
LOL Rent-A-Center
LOL The Machine

Fuck the Lakers

Just a tiny rivalry... :lol

.....just a little right....:toast

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:40 PM
:toastYou're a kindred spirit, Acme. I like to hear your Laker truth Vs. my Laker fantasys.

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Cul.

mogrovejo
12-03-2009, 03:57 PM
On the same token, Cul, there would be no Celtics if it weren't for the Laker fodder they provided in those decades. You have to have an rival in order to make things sustainable in sports. I mean, you have the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball as one example. The Celtics' lore is inexact w/o the starstruck existence of say, the Jerry West-led Lakers.

Uh? West is just another whipping-boy among the many that served as decoys in the glorious march of The Most Storied Franchise in pro sports. West, Petit, Wilt, Thurmond, Schayes, Gar Head, Moncrief, J, Sampson.... they're all the same.

Los Angeles fans are insane with their persistent delusion there's such a thing as a Celtics vs. Los Angeles rivalry. An endless ass-whopping doesn't make a rivalry.

TheManFromAcme
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Uh? West is just another whipping-boy among the many that served as decoys in the glorious march of The Most Storied Franchise in pro sports. West, Petit, Wilt, Thurmond, Schayes, Gar Head, Moncrief, J, Sampson.... they're all the same.

Los Angeles fans are insane with their persistent delusion there's such a thing as a Celtics vs. Los Angeles rivalry. An endless ass-whopping doesn't make a rivalry.

....yet it's not Russell, Machale, Nelson, Cousy, White or any of the other Celtic legends that have the distinction of being the official NBA Logo. Your team carries the reminder of all things Lakers to this day. Not a Celtic.

Your team made absolutely no noise for almost 25 years. Even during the rebuiding years after showtime the Lakers competed. And the Celts? Talk about whipping boys.

Again, just to remind you Beantown boys, Danny boy mortgaged literally the forseeable future so that you can win now. I get it. But your days are numbered.

j-money24
12-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd rather see any good West Coast team beat a good East Coast team (unless it's the end of the season and would cause seeding problems for the Lakers).

I hope the Spurs put a woodshed beating on the green bitchez.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Los Angeles fans are insane with their persistent delusion there's such a thing as a Celtics vs. Los Angeles rivalry.

Well, we held up our end, but, you kept sniffing cocaine and dieing.

The Gemini Method
12-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, we held up our end, but, you kept sniffing cocaine and dieing.

and being irrelevent for about, oh, 25 years bi#$h ass Celtics...

Kori Ellis
12-03-2009, 05:31 PM
It's pretty simple. When you find a Celtics forum that is cooler than SpursTalk, then you should start rooting for Boston over S.A.

Good luck with that.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Kori, gettin' her Rodham Clinton on.

jonnybravo
12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
:toastYou're a kindred spirit, Acme. I like to hear your Laker truth Vs. my Laker fantasys.

You two need a room.

:married:

mogrovejo
12-03-2009, 06:08 PM
....yet it's not Russell, Machale, Nelson, Cousy, White or any of the other Celtic legends that have the distinction of being the official NBA Logo. Your team carries the reminder of all things Lakers to this day. Not a Celtic.

I have no problem with West being on the logo. Sports isn't only about glory and winners, it's also about disgrace and losers. West personifies that as well as anybody. We get the 9-2, you get the logo. Fair enough.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 06:37 PM
You two need a room.

:married:

Well, I certainly ain't payin' for it. If Jazzy were to find out, he'd be overjoyed.

Culburn369
12-04-2009, 08:08 AM
You missed Perkins and Rondo working hard & competing last nite? It wasn't pretty, but, punishingly effective. We're going to have to match that and go there if they're there next June. Otherwise we're going to be shining their shoes again.

LakeShow
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Fts