PDA

View Full Version : Is Malone good for the Spurs?

bsosa0421
09-14-2004, 03:46 PM
:Q

nzkickass
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
I voted No

The man has a jinx on him so bad, he should have won a title by now !! Spurs get malone, Spurs get no title this year !

WriterNum934
09-14-2004, 06:23 PM
He has a jinx on him?

Dude ent to the finals three times. Twice against Jordan. No one besides Jordan and the Bulls was winning that title. Period.

Last year, dude was injured. He was the only reason the Lakers even reached the finals.

It's really lame to say the guy has a jinx on him.

bigzak25
09-14-2004, 06:52 PM
damn buddy, get him out of your mouth already.....

to hell with karl malone. no ring for him. no bangwagoning in a spurs uni for him.

ducks
09-14-2004, 07:47 PM
mailman problem was mj
last year it was detroit played as a team and lakers did not

dcole50
09-14-2004, 07:58 PM
definitely.

T Park Num 9
09-15-2004, 12:41 AM
A hall of fame power forward that could give 9 and 8 in 20 minutes, add toughness, and a great locker room presence??

Uh, yeah, Id say Malone would be a good addition.

Kaptain Insane O
09-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Averages of 9 and 8 in 20 minutes would put him at almost 22 pts and 20 rebounds per 48 minutes. I don't think Malone is capable of that, even at reduced minutes. The points might have a chance but I don't see the rebounds happening. His last season in Utah (fully healthy), he rebounded at a rate of 10 per 48 mins. Part of that can be attributed to the fact that he was the primary offensive option. Last season, as the third, he did more board work but still only averaged 12 per 48. It seems like he'd be close to 8 and 6 per 20 which still isn't too bad. But even in this year's disaster of a season for Malik, he put up comparable numbers. The difference being that Malone brings other things to the table including bone-crushing picks, a 3-4 inch height differencial and not taking shots outside of the offense. More importantly though, he brings forearms, hand slaps, elbows and knees that referees tend to ignore. Personally, I've always be a Malone hater but I'll always place the good of the team above anything. I don't think he is a critical ingredient to a title but he could certainly make the trip to the finals a little easier. And just because I love my team doesn't mean that I have to love every player on it. When I find myself standing at the SBC during ANOTHER championship celebration, I'm sure I won't care who is on the team. After all, this isn't Rodney White, Zach Randolph or Jayson Williams we're talking about here.

SLOVENIAN 8
09-15-2004, 05:12 AM
Malone must retire!!!!!

bigzak25
09-15-2004, 12:31 PM
A hall of fame power forward that could give 9 and 8 in 20 minutes, add toughness, and a great locker room presence??

Uh, yeah, Id say Malone would be a good addition.

him going to the hall of fame doesn't mean shit.

9pts and 8 rebs? malik and rasho can do that.

toughness? no. tough guys don't only try to start shit with white guys that are smaller than him....don't mistake asshole with toughness....

great locker room presence? got a crystal ball or something? I think he would be a locker room asshole too...

no thanks karl. now go play wit yo daddy in miami...

Tommy Duncan
09-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Evil is still one of the most physical players in the league. There are times when Duncan needs someone like Evil up front attacking the glass and drawing the ire of opposing frontcourts.

At this point Evil is simply a hired gun. If he has to become a Spur in order to win a championship that's enough poetic justice for me.

ducks
09-15-2004, 01:32 PM
evil can get away with shit on the court
enough set
he can set HARD SCREENS for TP

Kevin Kaster
09-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, Evil on the Spurs this year guarantees a title, unless Duncan's knee gives out.

SpurGal
09-17-2004, 09:03 PM
HELL, NO! :cooldevil

TD21MVP03
09-18-2004, 06:29 AM
im not a malone fan... but u gotta respect the man, he brings it every night, I want him to sign w/ SA because it would make us better, and if for no other reason, it keeps him off one of our opponents. (t-wolves, Lakers)