PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Yet again i was unable to watch our boys in blue, but yet again the score is giving me a boner. I don't give a fuck how bad the Nets are, anytime you score 49 points in a quarter against an NBA team, it's something special. This beloved mavs team continues to pummel the teams its supposed to pummel, all without its all star small forward too... very impressive our boys in blue have been thus far.

80% shooting for a half :wow :smokin :lobt2: :lobt2:

badfish22
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM
This is bad mojo

iggypop123
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
this is good for the nets. cap room, two nice players and john wall all there to lure in a star. just one yr of suffering

Ghazi
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
No worries, this edition of the Mavs has too much wherewithal to yield a 27 point lead to the worst team in the NBA.

djohn2oo8
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
This is bad mojo

The Nets suck so bad that a reverse jinx won't work in their favor

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-02-2009, 08:48 PM
It is kinda a catch 22 though. The mavs play an A+++++++ game and thrash the nets, but it would be better to bring your best game vs a top team :lol.........but at the same time, is it looking so bad just coz it is the nets?

Very impressive performance.

jmanu20
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
The Mavs are pretty inconsistent though.....they thrashed the Nets like they were supposed to, but they lose to a Spurs team without two of their best players, a six-man Warriors team, and needed a last-second Terry shot to beat a depleted Sixers team.

Spursmania
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but it sure seemed like a curbstomping. Shooting 80% for a half is pretty amazing. I guess the Nets didn't play any D?

bostonguy
12-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Yet again i was unable to watch our boys in blue, but yet again the score is giving me a boner.

Were you too busy getting off to your wife fucking a tyson chandlar look alike man? :hat

Basketballgirl25
12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
maybe you should come teach Mav fans in NJ how to be impressed by the mavs. I was at the game and while Net fans were all laughing and having fun, Mav fans were looking pissed that they weren't winning by more, I was like come on guys cheer up us Net fans can have fun when our team loses and you guys can't smile when your team wins. That is one reason why I came home happy.

Nets made history 0-18 while Mavs just beat a team they should beat, which isn't anything special at all

Amarelooms
12-02-2009, 11:13 PM
maybe you should come teach Mav fans in NJ how to be impressed by the mavs. I was at the game and while Net fans were all laughing and having fun, Mav fans were looking pissed that they weren't winning by more, I was like come on guys cheer up us Net fans can have fun when our team loses and you guys can't smile when your team wins. That is one reason why I came home happy.

Nets made history 0-18 while Mavs just beat a team they should beat, which isn't anything special at all

lol suck it loser :elephant

mavs>spurs2
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM

:lmao @ "made history"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
this is good for the nets. cap room, two nice players and john wall all there to lure in a star. just one yr of suffering

Basketballgirl25
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
:lmao @ "made history"

hey, they did can't say they didn't might not be good history, but they made history, they are making more history then they ever did for Kidd and at least Net fans in NJ can still be happy when a team loses, lol at Mav fans in NJ for being mad when the Mavs win, I mean really what is up with that, I want to see the guy I was sitting next to when Dirk isn't on the Mavs and they suck, he will prob kill himself, we all told him it was just a game and he needed to smile

dallaskd
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
hey, they did can't say they didn't might not be good history, but they made history, they are making more history then they ever did for Kidd and at least Net fans in NJ can still be happy when a team loses, lol at Mav fans in NJ for being mad when the Mavs win, I mean really what is up with that, I want to see the guy I was sitting next to when Dirk isn't on the Mavs and they suck, he will prob kill himself, we all told him it was just a game and he needed to smile

You are to fucking stupid for words to describe.

badfish22
12-02-2009, 11:40 PM

:lmao at this pussy hurt bitch

Crying on the inside. Its ok, let it out.

Findog
12-02-2009, 11:42 PM
How did Dallas somehow manage to win this game, what with old, broke-down, 89-yr-old Jason Kidd going up against Devin "Next Jordan" Harris?

ElNono
12-02-2009, 11:43 PM
How did Dallas somehow manage to win this game, what with old, broke-down, 89-yr-old Jason Kidd going up against Devin "Next Jordan" Harris?

Harris is hurt...

:lol

badfish22
12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2009/12/ipt/1259810854.jpg

I feel bad for some net fans

Findog
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Harris is hurt...

I didn't watch the game, I was passed out. I've got strep throat right now and I've been sleeping a lot. Did he get hurt again?

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I didn't watch the game, I was passed out. I've got strep throat right now and I've been sleeping a lot. Did he get hurt again?

Nah he just sucked ass.

sribb43
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Harris is hurt...

The world wouldn't be right if Devin wasn't hurt :lol

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Nah he just sucked ass.

I like how Bill Simmons says that is the worst trade of the decade. He's a Celtics fan, so did he forget about Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
He's a Celtics fan, so did he forget about Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers?

Or Brandon Roy for Sebastian Telfair?

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Or Brandon Roy for Sebastian Telfair?

Another great take from the Sports Putz.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Actually, wasn't it draft rights to Roy in exchange for draft rights to Randy Foye?

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Roy

Yep, it was Foye for Roy

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Actually, wasn't it draft rights to Roy in exchange for draft rights to Randy Foye?

You're thinking of Kevin McHale.

It was something along the lines of them them having the 6th overall pick and wanting Sebastian Telfair so they traded draft rights to one of them, pretty sure it was Roy.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:19 AM
You're thinking of Kevin McHale.

It was something along the lines of them them having the 6th overall pick and wanting Sebastian Telfair so they traded draft rights to one of them, pretty sure it was Roy.

It was a two-part trade:

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Land_Brandon_Roy-183312-1177.html

How we got Brandon Roy:
Trade #1:
Portland Trail Blazers trade Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, 2008 2nd round pick to the Boston Celtics
for Randy Foye (the 7th pick in the 2006 draft), PG (and former Trail Blazer) Dan Dickau, and Center Raef LaFrentz.

Trade: #2
Portland Trail Blazers trade Randy Foye (acquired through Celtics trade) to Minnesota Timberwolves for University of Washington guard Brandon Roy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 12:20 AM
From nbadraft.net:

"Boston acquires Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a second-round pick in 2008 from Portland for Dan Dickau, Raef LaFrentz and the Draft rights to Randy Foye."

And Foye was later traded for Roy. However you want to label that draft night trade from the Celtics' perspective, it was a lot dumber than trading Devin Harris for Jason Kidd.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Nah he just sucked ass.

Devin didn't suck, you weren't watching the game I was if you think that he was one of the better players for the nets, but oh yeah you are a Dallas fans, you only watch for wins, not players getting better. T-Will, Brook, CDR, and Harris were awesome tonight:toast

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:23 AM
:lmao at this pussy hurt bitch

Crying on the inside. Its ok, let it out.

sorry I'm not crying on the inside I could really careless, if Nets lose they lose, if they win they win doesn't matter to me.

As long as I can still go on vacations I'm happy, basketball sucks compared to cruises

Mr.ChugDynasty
12-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Devin didn't suck, you weren't watching the game I was if you think that he was one of the better players for the nets, but oh yeah you are a Dallas fans, you only watch for wins, not players getting better. T-Will, Brook, CDR, and Harris were awesome tonight:toast

Well obviously they weren't "awesome" enough to win.
Shut up and stop trying to make an 0-18 start seem like a good thing you dike

Kidd > Harris

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Dear New Jersey Nets,

Start twirling some batons, motherfuckers!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXK8n1tI69Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXK8n1tI69Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JoeTait75
12-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Being a Cleveland fan I've seen a lot of homers spin for a lot of shitty teams, but this just about takes the cake. Kudos!

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:27 AM

Not saying much sweetheart :lol.
And :lmao at 0-18 netsfan trying to downplay the importance of wins

Devin started off OK, he hit his first shot. But then when he saw Roddy do a tomahawk alley oop followed by a behind the head alley oop, a tear came to his eye. He knew he had been replaced and Mav fans no longer missed him :king

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Well obviously they weren't "awesome" enough to win.
Shut up and stop trying to make an 0-18 start seem like a good thing you dike

Kidd > Harris

well I didn't say they were good enough to win, and I'm not trying to make it seem like 0-18 start is like a good thing. It isn't, but there isn't anything I can do about that now. I go on with life a NBA team going 0-18 really doesn't effect me at all even if they are my favorite team sure I want to them win, but they mean nothing if my life other then watching them on tv for fun.

and Kidd and Harris and both good players deal with it Kidd isn't better then Harris and Harris isn't better then Kidd, both mad it to the finals and both don't have rings, talk to me when one has a ring:toast

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry, but Devin Harris just isn't that good. He's fine if he's your 4th-best player, like he was on the Mavs, but he's supposedly the Nets best player.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Sorry, but Devin Harris just isn't that good. He's fine if he's your 4th-best player, like he was on the Mavs, but he's supposedly the Nets best player.
Put Kidd in Harris's position and the Nets are crap. Almost everyone in the league would not make a difference for the nets.

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:34 AM
and Kidd and Harris and both good players deal with it Kidd isn't better then Harris and Harris isn't better then Kidd, both mad it to the finals and both don't have rings, talk to me when one has a ring:toast
Kidd carried the Nets to the finals and Dirk carried the Mavs there. Devin was about as important to the Mavs as Lucious was to the Nets.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Not saying much sweetheart :lol.
And :lmao at 0-18 netsfan trying to downplay the importance of wins

Devin started off OK, he hit his first shot. But then when he saw Roddy do a tomahawk alley oop followed by a behind the head alley oop, a tear came to his eye. He knew he had been replaced and Mav fans no longer missed him :king

Sorry not trying to downplay importance of wins, because wins are important, but they are only important to players. I watch basketball for fun just like I was Yankees and Devils for fun, wins and loses don't mean a thing in life not like I am doing anything on the court, and if Roddy replacing Harris makes you happy in life good for you. I'm happy going on vacation:king

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Kidd carried the Nets to the finals and Dirk carried the Mavs there. Devin was about as important to the Mavs as Lucious was to the Nets.
Devin Harris is about as important to the Mavs as Jason Terry is. Only thing is Harris is many years younger.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Put Kidd in Harris's position and the Nets are crap. Almost everyone in the league would not make a difference for the nets.

The Nets would most certainly NOT be 0-18 if they still had Kidd. And yeah, you're right, Kobe or LeBron wouldn't make a difference for the Nets. They'd still be 0-18. I mean, if you have Devin "Next Jordan" Harris on your team and you can't win a game, then there's nothing you can do.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM

bingo, I love people who think Kidd would help the nets, yes he did at once, but he was younger then and could play much better then

Findog
Devin Harris is about as important to the Mavs as Jason Terry is. Only thing is Harris is many years younger.

Devin Harris plays for another team; Jason Terry is our 6th man. Come again?

Mr.ChugDynasty
well I didn't say they were good enough to win, and I'm not trying to make it seem like 0-18 start is like a good thing. It isn't, but there isn't anything I can do about that now. I go on with life a NBA team going 0-18 really doesn't effect me at all even if they are my favorite team sure I want to them win, but they mean nothing if my life other then watching them on tv for fun.

Yes he is, and yes you are :rolleyes

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:38 AM

Kidd carried the Nets to the finals yes and look what happened, he was owned

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:39 AM

Devin didnt start in our finals season. He averaged under 10 points and under 5 assists. People really forget how unimportant he was when he was here. He was a nice player, but nowhere near a star.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Devin Harris plays for another team; Jason Terry is our 6th man. Come again?
And Harris would've been starting over Terry. His defense was important to the mavs as well as being one of the few on that team that could take it to the basket.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:40 AM
The Nets would most certainly NOT be 0-18 if they still had Kidd. And yeah, you're right, Kobe or LeBron wouldn't make a difference for the Nets. They'd still be 0-18. I mean, if you have Devin "Next Jordan" Harris on your team and you can't win a game, then there's nothing you can do.

Nets would be 0-18 if they had Kidd, if they had the Kidd of 2002 and 2003 they wouldn't. Kidd of this year they would:toast

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
And Harris would've been starting over Terry. His defense was important to the mavs as well as being one of the few on that team that could take it to the basket.

Have you watched him on the Nets? He doesn't play defense anymore. He only played defense for Avery. Dirk has improved his ability to drive the lane, Roddy B is a DH starter kit. Get over it; you and I were both wrong about the trade. I argued against it before it happened and I am willing to be proven wrong. I agree that Devin will still be playing 50 games a year in 2014 when Kidd is beating his next wife, but the Mavs did the trade because they wanted to get Dirk some help NOW, and Kidd is a much better POINT GUARD than Harris will ever be.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:43 AM
It's just about the height of dumbassery to think that Jason Kidd would be on an 0-18 team, even at this stage of his career. He wouldn't have turned the Nets into a contender, but they would've won a game or two by this point. Even at this stage of his career, he has more of an impact on a game than Devin Harris does.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Devin didnt start in our finals season. He averaged under 10 points and under 5 assists. People really forget how unimportant he was when he was here. He was a nice player, but nowhere near a star.
What? He started against the Spurs in game 2 and a big part in turning that series around. He was important against both Parker and Nash in that process of us getting to the finals. Harris was the 6th man on that team.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:48 AM
What? He started against the Spurs in game 2 and a big part in turning that series around. He was important against both Parker and Nash in that process of us getting to the finals. Harris was the 6th man on that team.

For a guy who is such a great "defender," he sure didn't do much to slow down Wade or Baron Davis.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
It's just about the height of dumbassery to think that Jason Kidd would be on an 0-18 team, even at this stage of his career. He wouldn't have turned the Nets into a contender, but they would've won a game or two by this point. Even at this stage of his career, he has more of an impact on a game than Devin Harris does.
That team is so raw. No scorers. Not ready to win anything. I could see them go 0-18 with Kidd. But Harris is only responsible for 7 of those losses. The coaching is bad on the nets and Harris will play defense to a respectable coach. Carlisle is that type of coach Harris would succeed with. And yes Dirk would help Harris a ton. He helps Kidd a ton as well.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM

Kidd wouldn't be on a 0-18 team for one reason, he would complain too much and demand a trade. Kidd does have more of a impact on the game then Harris, but basketball is a team sport, not a one man show. Takes a whole team to win a game, Kidd could pass players on the Nets this season the ball and they still would have to make a shot which prob wouldn't happen because they really suck at scoring right now

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
For a guy who is such a great "defender," he sure didn't do much to slow down Wade or Baron Davis.
Yeah that was his flaw. Guarding power point guards/shooting guards. We haven't faced either player in the playoffs these last 2 year and it's not likely to happen this year.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
well Wade is a beast, Mav fans should know that they saw Mas lose to him:toast

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
That team is so raw. No scorers. Not ready to win anything. I could see them go 0-18 with Kidd.

I can't.

But Harris is only responsible for 7 of those losses

Because he can't stay healthy. Certainly makes it easier to stomach losing him when you're swapping 50 games of Harris for 70 games of Kidd.

And yes Dirk would help Harris a ton. He helps Kidd a ton as well.

And Kidd helps Dirk by getting him the ball where he wants it so he can establish position, something Harris can't do.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 12:55 AM
That team is so raw. No scorers. Not ready to win anything. I could see them go 0-18 with Kidd. But Harris is only responsible for 7 of those losses. The coaching is bad on the nets and Harris will play defense to a respectable coach. Carlisle is that type of coach Harris would succeed with. And yes Dirk would help Harris a ton. He helps Kidd a ton as well.

If Nets have Hayes and Dooling they might be able to score more thoas two were like two of the better players who hit 3's for us last year

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 12:57 AM
I can't.

Because he can't stay healthy. Certainly makes it easier to stomach losing him when you're swapping 50 games of Harris for 70 games of Kidd.

And Kidd helps Dirk by getting him the ball where he wants it so he can establish position, something Harris can't do.
Dirk had an MVP year with Harris/Terry as point guard. One of Dirk's worst years was last year with Kidd as point guard.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Dirk had an MVP year with Harris/Terry as point guard

One of Dirk's worst years was last year with Kidd as point guard.

If you've actually watched the games this year, he's playing at a higher level than he did in 2007. He'll never win another MVP award, but for what it's worth, he's a better player now than he was in 2007 and before the Kidd trade. It's obvious to anybody that has actually watched him play. The whole team got off to a slow start last year, but turned it on for the stretch run. It took a whole year to acclimate to Kidd and transition.

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Dirk had an MVP year with Harris/Terry as point guard. One of Dirk's worst years was last year with Kidd as point guard.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Just get the fuck out

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
If you've actually watched the games this year, he's playing at a higher level than he did in 2007. He'll never win another MVP award, but for what it's worth, he's a better player now than he was in 2007 and before the Kidd trade. It's obvious to anybody that has actually watched him play. The whole team got off to a slow start last year, but turned it on for the stretch run. It took a whole year to acclimate to Kidd and transition.
I would say Dirk is playing equally now to 2007. A season off from his National Team really helped. 67 wins is quite an accomplishment. It could've been something special but we know what happened. The athletic bigs on Golden State made Dirk work real hard on both sides of the court and he couldn't keep up. Dampier couldn't even play due to that. This years team actually has more talent overall. But we'll see how it goes. These matchup nightmares always seem to happen to this team. Phoenix with Amare, Miami with Wade, Golden State with Davis and athletic bigs, NO with Paul, and Denver with athletic bigs.

borders
12-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Mavs fanboys are setting themselves up for yet another heartache come playoffs. It was the Nets, you stupid faggots.

Findog
12-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Mavs fanboys are setting themselves up for yet another heartache come playoffs. It was the Nets, you stupid faggots.

Who the fuck is crowning the Mavs champs, dumbshit? We're looking up at the Lakers, same as you.

Findog
12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I would say Dirk is playing equally now to 2007. .

No, he's better. His defense is much better. He'll never be confused with Bill Russell, but his awareness is much improved, he's never lost on rotations, just pretty solid on defense now. He passes out of double teams and is a much better facilitator than he was in 2007. The Warriors basically just copied the strategy of the Houston Rockets in 2005: make him put the ball on the floor and double him constantly with different players and at different angles, so he never knows where the double is coming from. You can't really do that now.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Kidd carried the Nets to the finals yes and look what happened, he was owned

Heaven forbid he drags a team with Kenyon Martin and Dick Jefferson as his sidekicks and gets beat by vastly superior teams.

4chan
12-03-2009, 02:07 AM
>every post by bulldykegirl25 and bullfan1000

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/loligee.png

kamikazi_player
12-03-2009, 02:22 AM
I give props for basketballgirl to come out in this forum after the loss.

Findog
12-03-2009, 02:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4705617&bn_r=ecc

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 08:35 AM
I give props for basketballgirl to come out in this forum after the loss.

Well it's not like I'm playing the game you know, we are just all fans here. Smack talk is fun, I know I'm just joking around on here when I have nothing to do, nothing other then a little fun

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Heaven forbid he drags a team with Kenyon Martin and Dick Jefferson as his sidekicks and gets beat by vastly superior teams.

Oh you mean kind of like how Dirk and the Mavs lost to the better team in 2006. Miami Heat=better team in 2006 and Spurs=better team in 2003:toast

MavDynasty
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
lol bullsfan1000 biggest devin harris nutrider

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
ok, any of you Mav fans, know why Mavs called a timeout with like 1:26 left in the game? I was like wtf why are you guys calling timeout you are up, it was stupid to call a timeout then, but I wanted to know if they had a real good reason for it.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 12:37 PM
ok, any of you Mav fans, know why Mavs called a timeout with like 1:26 left in the game? I was like wtf why are you guys calling timeout you are up, it was stupid to call a timeout then, but I wanted to know if they had a real good reason for it.

They took note from the Florida/Georgia game last year. They wanted to rub it in their stinky smelly faces. lmao nets.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
lol bullsfan1000 biggest devin harris nutrider
Until we get to the finals with Jason Kidd, maybe you should shut the fuck up. And I haven't watched a bulls game since 1998 or anything like that. Yes I went through a Jordan stage like many here have that are afraid to admit. He's the greatest player of all-time. It was awesome to watch him in his prime.

stretch
12-03-2009, 01:14 PM
lol bullsfan1000

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Why is it that you get so sore when it comes to admitting that Harris was better for our team? We got no consistent slashers now. Unless we are running, teams will be able to read our offense in a playoff situation. Harris made the mavs so much harder to guard as we weren't just a jump shooting team.

stretch
12-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Why is it that you get so sore when it comes to admitting that Harris was better for our team? We got no consistent slashers now. Unless we are running, teams will be able to read our offense in a playoff situation. Harris made the mavs so much harder to guard as we weren't just a jump shooting team.

lol devin harris

lol calling him a slasher

lol a slasher who shoots 36%

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
lol devin harris

lol calling him a slasher

lol a slasher who shoots 36%
lol Kidd in the regular season
lol Harris in 06 playoffs.
lol at a disgruntled Harris being part of your argument.

Shank
12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Devin Harris sucks.

stretch
12-03-2009, 01:35 PM
lol Kidd tearing Harris a new one in the regular season

lol Harris with a beastly 2 points, 5 turnovers, and no assists in the game 7 vs. spurs

lol a SLASHER who shoots 36%

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
14.4 points, 5.3 assists, and 48.3% shooting with Dallas. The best part is he could slow down the super fast point guards in the league. lol at Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and C. Billups going off on Kidd.

Shank
12-03-2009, 01:42 PM
And yet, his current team is 0-18 and owners of one of the most dubious records in NBA history.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
14.4 points, 5.3 assists, and 48.3% shooting with Dallas. The best part is he could slow down the super fast point guards in the league. lol at Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and C. Billups going off on Kidd.

All that meant shit againt Baron Davis and Wade.

Shank
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't get it. People still pine for Devin Harris? You're seeing how this team is playing right now, how things are coming together, how well Kidd and the rest of the roster make things happen and someone STILL wants to reverse the Devin Harris trade? What the hell for?

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
And yet, his current team is 0-18 and owners of one of the most dubious records in NBA history.
T-Mac was on a team that was really bad as well in the Orlando Magic. Sometimes 1 player can't make up for the rest of the team. Devin Harris obviously wants to get traded. He looked disinterested from what I saw.

Shank
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
He looked disinterested from what I saw.

He looked like Devin Harris playing a Devin Harris-type game.

stretch
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
lol harrisfan1000

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't get it. People still pine for Devin Harris? You're seeing how this team is playing right now, how things are coming together, how well Kidd and the rest of the roster make things happen and someone STILL wants to reverse the Devin Harris trade? What the hell for?
Harris is 26. Kidd is 36.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
lol harrisfan1000
Just imagine a team with Harris/Howard/Marion/Nowitzki/Dampier
Terry/Barea/Singleton/Tim Thomas/Gooden/Humphries/Beaubois. My goodness that team would be good.

stretch
Brandon Jennings is 20. Kobe Bryant is 31.

jacobdrj
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2009/12/ipt/1259810854.jpg

I feel bad for some net fans

Why would the nets pay people to come with bags over their heads?

Nets don't have fans: see 2001/2002 NBA Finals

stretch
12-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Just imagine a team with Harris/Howard/Marion/Nowitzki/Dampier
Terry/Barea/Singleton/Tim Thomas/Gooden/Humphries/Beaubois. My goodness that team would be good.

Why would that be so good? It would take away shots from Dirk, Terry, and Howard, and give them to a "slasher" that shoots 36%, still doesnt possess great BBIQ (Beaubois is a ROOKIE and has twice as much BBIQ than Harris has at this point) and cant run an offense worth a damn unless it involves him sprinting down the lane spinning out of control hoping that the shot he throws up at the backboard goes in.

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Brandon Jennings is 20. Kobe Bryant is 31.
Horrible comparison. I would be happy with Kidd at 31. And Kobe is the best player in the league. Your comparisons are way off. The mavs of 07-2008 and 08-2009 were struggling with Kidd. But Kidd has 2 great games and all is forgotten I guess. :toast

mavsfan1000
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Why would that be so good? It would take away shots from Dirk, Terry, and Howard, and give them to a "slasher" that shoots 36%, still doesnt possess great BBIQ (Beaubois is a ROOKIE and has twice as much BBIQ than Harris has at this point) and cant run an offense worth a damn unless it involves him sprinting down the lane spinning out of control hoping that the shot he throws up at the backboard goes in.
Beaubois has no dribbling skills. Anyone can see that. He can't play point guard yet. He is similar to Harris's rookie year or maybe less since Harris actually got to play some point guard that year. Harris never shot close to 36% with Dallas. He loved it here and felt betrayed when they traded him away. Anyways I'm done with this since you can't tell the difference between being on a winning team and being on a losing team on how a players motivation difference.

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Why would the nets pay people to come with bags over their heads?

Nets don't have fans: see 2001/2002 NBA Finals

Nets have fans, just not a lot of true, fans. Even when they had Kidd, all the fans were pretty much fans of Kidd who only would jump on his dick:toast

but it is funny all the people talking about the Nets now, if people were smart they would have talked about them when they were good, but people are just dumb I guess

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 02:02 PM
(Beaubois is a ROOKIE and has twice as much BBIQ than Harris has at this point)

you say Beaubois is a Rookie, he does have Kidd on his team is Kidd making him look better then he really is? Kidd has been known to do that with players:toast

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
They took note from the Florida/Georgia game last year. They wanted to rub it in their stinky smelly faces. lmao nets.

oh I thought maybe they just wanted to give the old players a break, I mean they put Kidd and Dirk back in the game with like 4 mins left, prob thinking "Um, they are catching up and could actually beat us since we suck":lol

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 02:14 PM
lol nets

lol devin harris, franchise player

lol almost giving up 50 points in a quarter

lol thinking there was a chance the nets would win

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:15 PM
lol nets

lol devin harris, franchise player

lol almost giving up 50 points in a quarter

lol thinking there was a chance the nets would win

You got no room, dirk4. Not after that fiasco in south Florida/'06.

LOL@MavsFan
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL Mavs fan...settle down, still have a long way to go.

LOL@MavsFan
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
:toast

:toast
Cue Dirk's racist rebuttal

LOL@MavsFan
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM

Mavs and theor fans don't base their success on championships...just the regular season and whether or not they beat the Spurs in the playoffs :lol

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM

And you still can't catch a nut sans an elementary school.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Horrible comparison. I would be happy with Kidd at 31. And Kobe is the best player in the league. Your comparisons are way off. The mavs of 07-2008 and 08-2009 were struggling with Kidd. But Kidd has 2 great games and all is forgotten I guess. :toast

If the Mavs had Kidd (a point guard capable of running an offense and making the right pass) instead of Harris in 2007, the beat Golden State without too much of a challenge.

During the 2007-2008 season, prior to the AS break, Dirk shot 46.9% from the field, and 29% from the behind the arc. Dallas gets Kidd, and Dirk shoots 50.1% from the field, 48% from behind the arc, and averaged more points on less shots than his pre-AS break numbers. I don't think that's a coincidence, especially since the season before his scoring output dipped after the AS break.

I don't think a single Mavs fan on this site thinks Dallas got a sweet deal or anything, the main point I think Findog is trying to make is that trade wasn't some historic ripoff that broke up a core in Dallas on its way to a dynasty.

mavs>spurs2
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:owned

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Perhaps, but, you ain't rangPERIOD

Ghazi
12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Kidd gives this team an element of heart and wherewithal... heart and wherewithal I tell ye. and durability... the Mavs went spiraling before the Kidd trade because devin was hurt... and devin has missed plenty of games since... Kidd has only missed 1...

Heart and wherewithal I tell ye. Harris has fresher, younger, faster legs... but lacks the heart and wherewithal.

also... a sense of order and stability... the order and stability that allows our guys to win 50 after an emotionally draining 2-7 start... the order and stability that allowed us to curbstomp the Spurs last year despite falling behind by 12 in game 1 (2-8 in last 10 playoff games, down 12 on road... 'here we go again?'... Kidd and the Mavs say... nope)

monosylab1k
12-03-2009, 03:08 PM

Only in your world would being a pedophile trump being a virgin.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Only in your world would being a pedophile trump being a virgin.

Yer innately ignorant.

You won't intrude.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 03:10 PM

I rang when some douche came to my high school and I picked out my class ring. It looks more like you ain't rang period.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I rang when some douche came to my high school and I picked out my class ring. It looks more like you ain't rang period.

:rolleyes

Basketballgirl25
12-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Kidd gives this team an element of heart and wherewithal... heart and wherewithal I tell ye. and durability... the Mavs went spiraling before the Kidd trade because devin was hurt... and devin has missed plenty of games since... Kidd has only missed 1...

you say Mavs were spiraling before the Kidd, trade, they might not be spiraling anymore, but the players around Kidd sure are

he was much more exciting to watch back in the days when he played with Martin. No one Kidd plays with will every be more exciting then him and Martin. Last night he did good stuff, but the Mavs players just aren't as exciting to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xoDBiEHeY

Shank
12-03-2009, 03:57 PM
you say Mavs were spiraling before the Kidd, trade, they might not be spiraling anymore, but the players around Kidd sure are

he was much more exciting to watch back in the days when he played with Martin. No one Kidd plays with will every be more exciting then him and Martin. Last night he did good stuff, but the Mavs players just aren't as exciting to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xoDBiEHeY

Am I reading that correctly? The players around Kidd are spiraling (whatever that means) now? Really?

badfish22
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
ZpUkeA7OEig

Pay attention at 3:23. While Dirk is posting up, Kidd starts waving his arms to get Dirks attention. While Dirk is looking over at Kidd, JET sneaks across the baseline to the corner three. Kidd then points behind Dirk, signaling to him to pass. Dirk trust Kidd so much that he does a no look bounce pass to Terry, which is timed perfectly (thanks to Kidd).

That is the greatness of Jason Kidd.

Shank
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
What tune is that on the Youtube vid? Sounds a bit like Sigur Ros.

stretch
12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Beaubois has no dribbling skills. Anyone can see that. He can't play point guard yet. He is similar to Harris's rookie year or maybe less since Harris actually got to play some point guard that year. Harris never shot close to 36% with Dallas. He loved it here and felt betrayed when they traded him away. Anyways I'm done with this since you can't tell the difference between being on a winning team and being on a losing team on how a players motivation difference.

Are you retarded? Beaubois has shown that he can handle the ball very well. Just because he doesnt try to dribble through trap defenses like Harris does, doesnt mean he cant handle the ball. It means that he is playing smart basketball by letting a man who has less pressure on him handle the ball.

Roddy can do everything that Devin could do, but better. Except looking out of control and doing stupid shit. Devin was the king at that.