PDA

View Full Version : So, I went to the Get Motivated Seminar Today....

ashbeeigh
12-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Saw Dubya, Colin Powell, Tony Parker, Terry Bradshaw, et al.

Dubya talked about the oval office and how Laura decided on his rugs. :rollseyes

We found out that Colin Powell doesn't tweet or facebook.

Tony Parker's one life lesson -"good wife equals good life."

and Terry Bradshaw has a pig farm.

Oh....you thought that was it? No. I'm going to leave this with some useful information.

The crazy founder of the seminar series has written a book and some quizzes on motivation styles and our 'motivation DNA'. Pretty straight forward kind of quiz, but fun stuff nonetheless... I'm a CSI (connector, stabilizer internal). Here's the test (http://www.getmotivatedbook.com/Test.aspx).
Don't worry about putting your e-mail address. I put [email protected] and it gave me results.
What are y'all?

Spursfan092120
12-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I was there as well. You must be a Bush hater...he actually did one hell of a motivating speech, IMO. James Smith was really good (the tough one). Missed Bradshaw...had to miss traffic. Tamara Lowe was really good, as was Powell.

Bender
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
several of the questions, neither of the choices applied to me.

PuttPutt
12-02-2009, 10:57 PM
My mom went. She said it was a good seminar.

z0sa
12-02-2009, 10:58 PM
several of the questions, neither of the choices applied to me.

You didn't listen to that floating lady, did you?

Richard Cranium
12-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I was planning on going but just wasn't motivated.

ashbeeigh
12-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I was there as well. You must be a Bush hater...he actually did one hell of a motivating speech, IMO. James Smith was really good (the tough one). Missed Bradshaw...had to miss traffic. Tamara Lowe was really good, as was Powell.

I loved him. I really couldn't convey how much I actually enjoyed the speech without coming across as a crazy Republican, so I went with the nonchalant "he was alright" route.

James Smith was pretty hilarious, as was Bradshaw. Bradshaw put on a show (as if he didn't know what he was doing) although he knew exactly what he was doing. Sorry you missed it. I think it took us about an hour to get home from there to 1604/10 on the northwest side. Way to miss the traffic though.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm CSI (The Supporter)............

honestfool84
12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Zig Zigler was amazing.

Kori Ellis
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
DNA Type is: PSE
(Production-Stability-External) The Chief

mookie2001
12-03-2009, 12:45 AM
:PATRIOT
(would never pay to see neocon general speak)

The Reckoning
12-03-2009, 01:48 AM
CVE

the explorer

sabar
12-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Cool, 99% accurate
(Production-Stability-Internal)- The Director

Directors are strategic thinkers who have the ability to move projects forward.
Bottom-line people who like to get to the point. Directors are task-oriented and great
problem solvers. They are good with schedules, systems and
organization. They focus on achievement and value results. Directors
excel in organizations that allow them some autonomy. They know that
they bring value to their companies...

PSI Motivators:
Freedom from constraints, ability to manage their own time,
recognition, opportunity for personal growth, organized structure,
receiving specific positive feedback.

PSI De-Motivators: Fuzzy
goals, co-workers who don’t pull their own weight, “group think,”
inability to manage their own time and find their own solutions.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-03-2009, 03:19 AM

Oh shit I almost spit out my Crown and water when I read this!!! :lol

Bigzax
12-03-2009, 05:27 AM
Motivational DNA Type is: PVI
(Production-Variety-Internal) The Visionary

Visionaries are persistent, energetic and confident. They are able to organize people and projects. Visionaries exhibit strong leadership potential and react quickly to crisis. Creative thinkers, Visionaries have the ability to craft a vision and get others excited about it. They enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time and like to be involved in exploring alternative concepts. Farsighted and imaginative, Visionaries are good at finding original solutions to difficult problems. Visionaries enjoy change and thrive under pressure. They have the ability to shift gears and turn on a dime. They are confident in their ability to master new skills. Visionaries enjoy challenge and desire personal growth. Visionaries want to know that their work matters and desire to “go where no man has gone before.”

PVI Motivators: Inspiring work environment, opportunity to originate and initiate ideas, peer respect, credit for work accomplished and a strong sense of mission.

PVI De-Motivators: Rigid structure, routine, delays, time-consuming details and bureaucracy.

-------------------

many of the answers to those questions depend on how the wind is blowing...

baseline bum
12-03-2009, 05:55 AM
I hate these tests. They kiss the ass of whoever is taking them in the hopes that we'll be stupid enough to buy the writer's shitty book or go to his lame seminar. Just once I'd like to see one of these stupid personality tests tell people they're better off working data entry, unloading pallets, or cooking fries.

MiamiHeat
12-03-2009, 06:14 AM
PVE The Champion

boutons_deux
12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Motivation is such a racket, like TV preachers.

How much did the seminar cost?

Bukefal
12-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Read what Tony had to say; http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141029

fraga
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't think I could get motivated from one of the worst Presidents in history...

clambake
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
champion

Jekka
12-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Considering that odds are I'm ending up as a cataloging librarian, this is pretty much spot on.

Jess’s Motivational DNA Type is: CSE
(Connection-Stability-External) The Refiner

Refiners are systematic thinkers who value precision. They have the ability to see the big picture while still focusing on the details. Refiners are conscientious and disciplined. They are supportive and respectful of others. Personal and practical, Refiners tend to be family-oriented. They are deeply loyal and have a well-defined sense of right and wrong. They prefer a “democratic” style of leadership and expect others to play according to the rules.

Refiners are dependable and diligent. Fair pay and sincere appreciation for their work make them feel valued. They are deliberate in their decision-making and want to ensure that their choices do not adversely affect others.

CSE Motivators: All the facts plus enough time to analyze them, competent team members, recognition by superiors, special privileges, freedom from controls and genuine respect.

CSE De-Motivators: High pressure deadlines, too many cooks in the kitchen, rapid change, infringement on personal or family time and perceived inequity.

Drachen
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Motivation is such a racket, like TV preachers.

How much did the seminar cost?

The seminar costs $20 per office (from what I understand the definition of office is 30 people. (though the ticket says a $255 value)

I went too, and have to ask did anyone learn anything? I mean, it was fun and entertaining, but not motivating. The one person who probably could have said something meaningful (in the context of the seminar) fell down and smacked his head two years ago and has severe short term memory loss. (I think they should just play clips and maybe have him wave from the front row, it seems creepy that they have him going up on stage and a little sad). Bushs speech didnt do anything for me, it just seemed that he was trying to sell something like many of the other speakers. Colin was hilarious, I mean downright just FUNNY. He was IMO the best speaker there. James Smith cracked me up, I just hope that it wasn't an act. He was there basically to sell his real estate investment seminar, but didn't really sell it. It seemed like his major product that he was pushing was "just be cool to eachother and help other people" (he put it more dynamically, though). I did a little research on the wealth magazine stuff that Phil Town was selling, and read a newspaper report of his speech from Iowa, it was verbatim all the way down to the "SLK-500, That is a car. Ok, how about a new pickup truck. MY PEOPLE, I drive a Ford F-350 . . ." verbatim. Also, they are on ripoff report (which isnt enough to immediately turn me off to a product, but it is a springboard to more research which I will be doing tonight). The greatest thing about tony's part was that it was conducted as an interview and the lady started out by going over his accomplishments and asking "So tony what is the secret to your success?" and he responds with "I don't know, I have no secret, I guess I am just lucky" her face dropped and was pale white. I could tell that she was thinking "Damn local talent." Tamara Lowe was just all out useless she just seemed very self-aggrandizing, it was a little embarrassing. She spoke, but there was nothing of substance there, except a little feminisim, and a whole lot of "LOOK AT ME!"

All in all, it was entertaining. That's it. Not motivating, not educational, entertaining. I got a day off and got in for free, so no loss there, but to be honest, I would have been pissed had I paid for a ticket.

Drachen
12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't think I could get motivated from one of the worst Presidents in history...

You could say "I don't want to be anything like this guy, I better get off my butt and into school!"

Whisky Dog
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
You could say "I don't want to be anything like this guy, I better get off my butt and into school!"

Bush is ivy league educated. If anything you'd say stay the fuck away from school so as not to be brainwashed with capitalistic ideals.

Drachen
12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Bush is ivy league educated. If anything you'd say stay the fuck away from school so as not to be brainwashed with capitalistic ideals.

LOL, ok ok, the maybe you could say: "I am going to get off my butt and work hard in school to make sure that I dont end up like that guy."

Spursfan092120
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I loved him. I really couldn't convey how much I actually enjoyed the speech without coming across as a crazy Republican, so I went with the nonchalant "he was alright" route.

James Smith was pretty hilarious, as was Bradshaw. Bradshaw put on a show (as if he didn't know what he was doing) although he knew exactly what he was doing. Sorry you missed it. I think it took us about an hour to get home from there to 1604/10 on the northwest side. Way to miss the traffic though.
Yeah...it wasn't my doing to leave early..I caught a ride with someone and had no choice...always seems to happen that way when I don't drive. Shit, I don't mind saying it, even if I come off as a crazy Republican..Bush was phenomenal. I feel bad I missed Bradshaw, but I actually went home and ordered Tamara Lowe's book for $15 and got all the free stuff, including the VIP seats on the floor to the next conference. Pretty psyched about getting it. It was a good seminar. The Ziglar situation was sad though. :depressed

Spursfan092120
12-03-2009, 05:18 PM
DNA Type is: PSE
(Production-Stability-External) The Chief
wow...so is mine. :)

Spursfan092120
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I hate these tests. They kiss the ass of whoever is taking them in the hopes that we'll be stupid enough to buy the writer's shitty book or go to his lame seminar. Just once I'd like to see one of these stupid personality tests tell people they're better off working data entry, unloading pallets, or cooking fries.
nah..not really...they focus on positive mental attitude, but don't mind letting you know what it is you should focus on to help yourself. I was impressed. And the seminar is where you actually learn about the test in the first place. I can guarantee you that if the person's presentation doesn't convince you to buy the book, a test isn't going to either.

Spursfan092120
12-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Not gonna get into a political battle in the club forum, but if you believe Bush was one of the worst President's in history, you obviously have no knowledge of Presidential history. Going through everything he had to go through in his 8 years in office, I'd say he came out decent...not great, not horrible...but decent. We won't agree, and that's fine...but to say he's one of the worst in history is just rubbish.

Dr. Gonzo
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Not gonna get into a political battle in the club forum, but if you believe Bush was one of the worst President's in history, you obviously have no knowledge of Presidential history. Going through everything he had to go through in his 8 years in office, I'd say he came out decent...not great, not horrible...but decent. We won't agree, and that's fine...but to say he's one of the worst in history is just rubbish.

haha

ashbeeigh
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM

I love reliable and fact based personality tests. Even though I know what the majority of them are going to say, I love reading the results.

I'm not sure how fact based this test is, although I did hear her say it was based on 10,000 people and she has her Masters. So, it could have come out of her Masters research. I couldn't find anything on Google on her educational background though. Maybe Spursfan092120 can tell us what her bio says once he gets the book. When I find out where her degree is from than I'll be satisfied with the results of the test,

clambake
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
the birther would like to set history straight.

Drachen
12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I think people should quit saying worst/best president about Bush. How about President most likely to inspire hyperbole.

SpursStalker
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM

:lol

fraga
12-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Pipe down Commie...

Spursfan092120
12-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Pipe down Commie...
lol bashing a US President and calling me a commie. get an education.

DarkReign
12-04-2009, 04:15 PM
@ Spursfan092120

Geatest avatar.

Ever.

DarkReign
12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I took the test.

Tamara says I am an OTH.

Operating Thetan Heathen

I called Tom Cruise...he said hes going to have a word with Tamara, tomarra.

Hey-ooo!

DarkReign
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
D’s Motivational DNA Type is: PVI
(Production-Variety-Internal) The Visionary

Visionaries are persistent, energetic and confident. They are able to organize people and projects. Visionaries exhibit strong leadership potential and react quickly to crisis. Creative thinkers, Visionaries have the ability to craft a vision and get others excited about it. They enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time and like to be involved in exploring alternative concepts. Farsighted and imaginative, Visionaries are good at finding original solutions to difficult problems. Visionaries enjoy change and thrive under pressure. They have the ability to shift gears and turn on a dime. They are confident in their ability to master new skills. Visionaries enjoy challenge and desire personal growth. Visionaries want to know that their work matters and desire to “go where no man has gone before.”

PVI Motivators: Inspiring work environment, opportunity to originate and initiate ideas, peer respect, credit for work accomplished and a strong sense of mission.

PVI De-Motivators: Rigid structure, routine, delays, time-consuming details and bureaucracy.

Spursfan092120
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
@ Spursfan092120

Geatest avatar.

Ever.
lol..thanks..mbarber complimented me on it too. I found the gif a long time ago, but just found one small enough for an avatar. My favorite movie of all time.

DarkReign
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I hear and read shit like this and think to myself "Does everyone else in the country work in a corporate environment but me?"

Because this...PVI bullshit this broad is shoveling on your dime, coupled with the corporate-speak and projected worker-bee mentality she assumes about her "clients" is nauseating to my core.

I feel like a child at the kids table on Thanksgiving. Makes me want to choke a bitch.

Is this what most you office types deal with? Is this the mentality youre expected to have in your environment? Are your bosses/superiors/team leaders/wtf-ever little carbon-copies of Tony Robbins always on the quick draw with some affirming speech and cheesy anecdote?

Jesus fucking Christ, I'd kill people. Seriously.

angel_luv
12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Production-Stability-External) The Chief

Chiefs have a strong desire for tangible results combined with a need for precision. Chiefs are determined and strong-minded. They are independent and able to work unsupervised with good result. Chiefs can make quick decisions, but prefer to do so when they first have all the facts. Chiefs enjoy having the authority to chart their own course. They have considerable organizational ability and are able to develop systems and procedures. Chiefs feel validated and esteemed by tangible benefits. They methodically work toward goals that offer significant rewards. They are “mission accomplished” people with a need to achieve specified objectives.

PSE Motivators: Autonomy,recognition by superiors, special privileges and freedom from controls, ability to structure their environment to their liking, time to think, power to act and acknowledgement of their special skills and achievements.

PSE De-Motivators: Perceived rigidity of supervisors or authority figures, insufficient systems and ineffective people.

1. Consistency is essential for your motivational type. It’s better to do a little something toward your goal each day than to have a series of starts and stops.
2. Clearly define your goal, break it down into manageable chunks and set a deadline for completion.
3. From the outset, plan rewards for incremental achievements—and make sure that they are significant and highly desirable.

fraga
12-04-2009, 04:39 PM
lol bashing a US President and calling me a commie. get an education.

Shut it birther...

word
12-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Saw Dubya, Colin Powell, Tony Parker, Terry Bradshaw, et al.

Dubya talked about the oval office and how Laura decided on his rugs. :rollseyes

We found out that Colin Powell doesn't tweet or facebook.

Tony Parker's one life lesson -"good wife equals good life."

Oh....you thought that was it? No. I'm going to leave this with some useful information.

The crazy founder of the seminar series has written a book and some quizzes on motivation styles and our 'motivation DNA'. Pretty straight forward kind of quiz, but fun stuff nonetheless... I'm a CSI (connector, stabilizer internal). Here's the test (http://www.getmotivatedbook.com/Test.aspx).
Don't worry about putting your e-mail address. I put [email protected] and it gave me results.
What are y'all?

I was gonna go to that ....

The Reckoning
12-04-2009, 05:43 PM

i heard its called "Pigs for Jesus"

:lmao

oh the irony!

:lmao

EmptyMan
12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Honestly, I hear and read shit like this and think to myself "Does everyone else in the country work in a corporate environment but me?"

Because this...PVI bullshit this broad is shoveling on your dime, coupled with the corporate-speak and projected worker-bee mentality she assumes about her "clients" is nauseating to my core.

I feel like a child at the kids table on Thanksgiving. Makes me want to choke a bitch.

Is this what most you office types deal with? Is this the mentality youre expected to have in your environment? Are your bosses/superiors/team leaders/wtf-ever little carbon-copies of Tony Robbins always on the quick draw with some affirming speech and cheesy anecdote?

Jesus fucking Christ, I'd kill people. Seriously.

Penn and Teller had a Bullshit show about this very thing + sexual harassment, proper office environment politeness, etc seminars. It was very good.