PDA

View Full Version : Dead Weather vs Them Crooked Vultures

Paranoid Android
12-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Go.

Fat Bones
12-03-2009, 04:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Josh would cleave Jack from head to foot with Ye Olde Battle Axe...but with an +18 Dexterity... who knows?

It's all good, real good.

ATRAIN
12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
NO comp whatsoever........Josh Homme >>>>> Jack White.

Now if that wasnt enough you have Grohl on drums and John Paul Jones on bass.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Fuck both of them.

Give me the Vultures in their original bands (especially the Foo Fighters and Zep), and I never liked Jack White much anyway.

Rock has mostly gone to shit since the 1990s IMHO, but that's probably just a personal taste thing.

DieMrBond
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
In terms of the actual music, i'd go with Them Crooked Vultures - no question. You can't compete with that pedigree of musicians... Sure, Jack White is pretty awesome as a guitarist - but he's on the drums on that album...

However, vocally - i prefer The Dead Weather - simply because i prefer Alison + Jacks vocals over Josh Hommes - not his best vocal work. Certainly not bad, and buttloads better than 95% of bands... but theres something about Alisons (The Kills) vocals...

Paranoid Android
12-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I feel like Jack White is a much better overall musician than Grohl, with the drums as an exception. The Vultures sound good, but sort of similar to QOTSA. At least White is doing something new with every band, you know?

Don't get me wrong, JPJ and Josh Homme beat the shit out of everyone else in The Dead Weather talent-wise, but I still think the Dead Weather have better songs.