PDA

View Full Version : I can't find any legit videos of the brawl at the palace on youtube...

Donkeybong
12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Fucking NBA..

Allanon
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
They were all removed.

Just like it's hard to find Redeem team videos.

Fpoonsie
12-03-2009, 12:29 PM
If you google-vid it, you should be able to find it.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Yep, it's over there and it's still a watershed moment in NBA lore. Ain't nothing worse than grown men fist fighting.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2009, 01:23 PM
LOL @ Artest losing his balls when Ben Wallace stepped up to him..

..and people shit on KG for the same thing..

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 01:26 PM
:lol It was indeed not Artest's finest hour. As long as there were a gaggle of people twixt him & Wallace he was all brave, but, when the shield was penetrable Artest was wary.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
And what is fascinating & so telling about Artest is the part where the two "civilians" walk up to him. Artest is unafraid there, and that is the moment where he is so at risk for catastrophe. Those two had time to load up & ambush him. They could easily been heeled, but, Artest, the fool is almost comedically reckless. He'll run from Wallace because he knows of him, but, he'll come straight to the unknown.

jb4g
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
i found a good one yesterday but its already been removed, after reading the artest article I had to relive the brawl again, apparently so do others lol

sonic21
12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
http://youbeenblinded.com/ron-artest-detroit-and-the-brawl-at-the-palace/4607

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Good lodgement, 21.

Walton was color man on that broadcast. I didn't know that.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 02:29 PM
But there was extended footage that seems to be lost to oblivion, when Ron is back on the court and some little dumpy Pistons fan takes a swing and gets dropped on the court by Artest, close-ups of Jackson's antics, it was a shit ton worse than just that clip indicated. Obviously Ben Wallace deserves alot of the blame, but shame all around. Truly a fuckin' sad showing of humanity. Still the Roman in me gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up while watching it, like an engrained mental glitch that wants some blood. Anyways, that seems like a decade ago now.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:43 PM
But there was extended footage that seems to be lost to oblivion, when Ron is back on the court and some little dumpy Pistons fan takes a swing and gets dropped on the court by Artest, close-ups of Jackson's antics, it was a shit ton worse than just that clip indicated. Obviously Ben Wallace deserves alot of the blame, but shame all around. Truly a fuckin' sad showing of humanity. Still the Roman in me gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up while watching it, like an engrained mental glitch that wants some blood. Anyways, that seems like a decade ago now.

Where he dumps the Pistons fan is in the link at the top, Bell. For some reason you're right and it's edited in the last link.

Jackson was maniacal.

& yer right about the hair, Bell.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Bell, I mean the Artest/Pistons fan footage is over at the google vid area.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Bell, I mean the Artest/Pistons fan footage is over at the google vid area.

Gotcha'.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
The third video down is a good one.

mojorizen7
12-03-2009, 02:51 PM
. Still the Roman in me gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up while watching it, like an engrained mental glitch that wants some blood. .
:lol:lol

:toast

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
And to be honest? Jackson is the only one I think who actually is being honest. He's really incensed. And I'm ashamed to admit:::I love it.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
You know what it is? It isn't the first throat push that Wallace gives Ron, it's the bully walk that Ben does after that brings out the blood-lust. Ron's not a small guy by any means, but when you have an extremely angry Ben Wallace coming after you... most people of the world would piss themselves. You're right Cubala, 3rd down has the best footage.

himat
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I still remember watching the game live. We were getting blown out so my brother went to sleep and told me to wake him up if anything crazy happened.:lol

Here is a good video on somebody's myspace. It has everything except for the Jermaine Oneal fight on the court.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6566540

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
"It isn't the first throat push that Wallace gives Ron, it's the bully walk that Ben does after that brings out the blood-lust."

Yes.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I still remember watching the game live. We were getting blown out so my brother went to sleep and told me to wake him up if anything crazy happened.:lol

I was at a bar in San Antonio. You could feel the tension even there. It's like when people see other people impromptu fight they automatically want a piece themselves. That's why it's hard to fault anyone involved, especially the fans, for acting under human impulse. Despicable as the actions may be.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:07 PM
It's like watchin' Wreck's poolside leg sweep. I'm on the girl's side until just after she throws the drink, the guy whips his head and his glasses dislodge. Then I cross over.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
It's like watchin' Wreck's poolside leg sweep. I'm on the girl's side until just after she throws the drink, the guy whips his head and his glasses dislodge. Then I cross over.

Precisely.

Sportcamper
12-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Ben Wallace is a big baby who overreacted & got all of those drunken thugs from Duh-Troit riled up over nothing…Shaq gets fouled harder than that in practice…

benefactor
12-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Man...that is still crazy today. No matter how many times I watch it I still get the same feeling.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Artest layin' out on the scorer's table is what incensed the crowd.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Man...that is still crazy today. No matter how many times I watch it I still get the same feeling.

Yes, and you're mesmerized by Jackson. He's maniacal.

BlackBellamy
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Artest layin' out on the scorer's table is what incensed the crowd.

He was posed up there like he just finished his breakdance routine. Guess that's what trying to be cute gets you in Detroit.

Mori Chu
12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Wonder if Ron had any Hennessy in him at the time? Tee, hee.

I love Stephen Jackson most of all. If Ron seems irresponsible, Jackson seems outright insane. The part where he's in full fight stance, bobbing up and down, fists raised and clenched, making the "come on!" gesture at the fans ... PRICELESS. Fella legitimately wanted a fistfight.

My other favorite part is when Jermaine O'Neal gets a full head of steam and a running start and makes that giant side hook punch at the fan. Only J-O loses his footing and falls just short, missing his target. Can you imagine if that punch had connected? He could have literally killed the poor guy. The NBA is *VERY* lucky Jermaine slipped there.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Mori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:31 PM
My other favorite part is when Jermaine O'Neal gets a full head of steam and a running start and makes that giant side hook punch at the fan. Only J-O loses his footing and falls just short, missing his target. Can you imagine if that punch had connected? He could have literally killed the poor guy. The NBA is *VERY* lucky Jermaine slipped there.

Like that time Daddy threw that punch at Brad Miller. You can kill a person hitting them on the back of the head like that. He barely missed.

Allanon
12-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Damn, that was pretty awesome.

JoeTait75
12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Ben Wallace is a big baby who overreacted & got all of those drunken thugs from Duh-Troit riled up over nothing…Shaq gets fouled harder than that in practice…

Ben Wallace did overreact, that's for sure. Had he just calmed down the situation would have never escalated. There was less than a minute left, Ben should have just gotten over it and gotten the game over with.

Donkeybong
12-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Pacers still feeling the effect of that

NBAfan83
12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Like that time Daddy threw that punch at Brad Miller. You can kill a person hitting them on the back of the head like that. He barely missed.

Kobe in two years sans daddy, wish daddy redirected and hit true, eh?