PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Mister Obama...

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 03:31 PM
:lmao

I just bought 2 brand new 48V "electric vehicles" ranch cruisers using the tax credit. They are basically street legal golf carts...go 25mph, 50 mile range...have lights, blinkers, etc. Ones a six seater, ones a 4 seater...

http://www.freeelectriccar.com/images/cat_6.jpg
http://www.freeelectriccar.com/images/cat_4.jpg

$13,988 total (including shipping)

less $12,993.06 tax credit

total out of pocket after tax credit $995 for BOTH

This is a crazy fucking world we live in.

katyon6th
12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
On the subject of golf carts, one of my friends neighbors is so fucking lazy that she gets in her golf cart to walk her dog.

What are you going to use your carts for?

BacktoBasics
12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
So now he's you best bud. Hypocrite.

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 03:37 PM
On the subject of golf carts, one of my friends neighbors is so fucking lazy that she gets in her golf cart to walk her dog.

Working at the ranch. I use them like a mini-pickup. Plus my 90 year old dad just likes to ride around...

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 03:42 PM
So now he's you best bud. Hypocrite.

I thought you of all people would get the sarcasm in my post. fuck it. I've literally paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes over the years. If they do a program so stupid that I can finally get some back I'm going to use it.

lil'mo
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Can I live on your ranch?

katyon6th
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Take that shit to the political forum, goddamnit.

Sportcamper
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I wish you would share the information on how you got such a great deal…The best I can do is 7595.00 for the cart (EVE Delux) & 4234.00 tax credit…My final cost 3361.00

Katy- I just want one to drive to Taco Bell & KFC…Just don’t feel like walking anymore…

katyon6th
12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Katy- I just want one to drive to Taco Bell & KFC…Just don’t feel like walking anymore…

:lmao Surely you can't be serious!

MiamiHeat
12-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Buy them and re-sell them

awesome

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I wish you would share the information on how you got such a great deal…The best I can do is 7595.00 for the cart (EVE Delux) & 4234.00 tax credit…My final cost 3361.00

pm sent

the guys I am buying from hit a home run on their tax credit because of extra features like regenerative braking...

mrsmaalox
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Is the deal still going on? Remember my sis-in-law in Albuquerque who lost her leg? Well she needs a handicap adaptable golf cart and hers is too old to make the modification on. I'd love to send her some info :)

Sportcamper
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
But I am serious...I got a new F-150 using the cash for clunkers program this summer & I hate having to climb up in it just to run down the street to get fast food…So I end up walking...

katyon6th
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Walking is good for you, though. Especially when you're walking to get KFC and Taco Bell.

MiamiHeat
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
http://infectedtube.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obese-scooter-lady-burger-king.jpg
http://foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/bk-drive-thru-scooter2.jpg
http://infectedtube.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obese-woman-on-scooter-gets-food.jpg

http://foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/bk-drive-thru-scooter4.jpg

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Is the deal still going on? Remember my sis-in-law in Albuquerque who lost her leg? Well she needs a handicap adaptable golf cart and hers is too old to make the modification on. I'd love to send her some info :)

pm sent. They just have to do the deal by the 31st to get all of the tax credit.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-03-2009, 03:58 PM

Eileen?

mrsmaalox
12-03-2009, 04:02 PM
pm sent. They just have to do the deal by the 31st to get all of the tax credit.

Well thanks, honey ;)

Eileen?
Marsha. Wait, what?

marini martini
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Eileen?

No..........HopSing!!!!

Oh CC, can you PM me the info...........?

Thanks!:toast

Sportcamper
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I have been calling them & their switch board has had a melt down from all the calls...I want the 4 seater with the mag wheels & CD player for $700.00...Is this a great country or what...:lol

MannyIsGod
12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
:lmao @ that series of pictures.

Bukefal
12-03-2009, 04:38 PM

:lol unbelievable, now that's sad :)

Bukefal
12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
http://infectedtube.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obese-scooter-lady-burger-king.jpg

IceColdBrewski
12-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Could you shoot me that pm too?

marini martini
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
So does the company deduct your tax credit at the time of billing???

Sportcamper
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
No…You pay the price of the cart plus delivery & hopefully they get you all of the required title paperwork before Dec 31st…You then take the tax credit when you file your taxes…

Cosmic just generated 25 more sales from this post...They are swamped...

marini martini
12-03-2009, 06:04 PM
No…You pay the price of the cart plus delivery & hopefully they get you all of the required title paperwork before Dec 31st…You then take the tax credit when you file your taxes…

Cosmic just generated 25 more sales from this post...They are swamped...

Thanks!!!!:toast

I just watched the videos, and it explained it. Apparently this isn't the only company selling the LSV's. I want one that looks like a hot rod with flames painted on it.:king

DarkReign
12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Send me the PM, unless of course its Texas specific (which I doubt).

Greg Oden
12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
http://foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/bk-drive-thru-scooter2.jpg
http://infectedtube.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/obese-woman-on-scooter-gets-food.jpg

http://foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/bk-drive-thru-scooter4.jpg

sWS-FoXbjVI

What a great country.

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Can I live on your ranch?

Damn straight. Till you hit about 800# anyway. Then you turn into organic grass fed beef. Got two other steers to keep you company.

Twisted_Dawg
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
And all those rich Republicans bitch about Obama's stimulus money helping poor folks! Good to see some of that money helping some rich folk too!

CosmicCowboy
12-03-2009, 09:17 PM
rich? LOL

guess it's all relative.

I sure don't FEEL rich. I just get up every day and work my ass off to try to make a living for me and my family.

If they want to pass a terminally stupid tax credit that finally benefits me you are damn right I'm going to take advantage of it.

Evil Angel
12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
rich? LOL

guess it's all relative.

I sure don't FEEL rich. I just get up every day and work my ass off to try to make a living for me and my family.

If they want to pass a terminally stupid tax credit that finally benefits me you are damn right I'm going to take advantage of it.

Take it, as you did! :tu

EmptyMan
12-03-2009, 09:30 PM
holy shit, hook me up with that pm?

I wonder if I could haul my kayak 1/2 a mile on that bish. :downspin:

mouse
12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
:lmao @ that series of pictures.

+ 1

Although it was hard to laugh knowing how that rascal must be suffering.

Sportcamper
12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
rich? LOL

I am highly offended that somebody would refer to this program as terminally stupid…This is a well thought out incentive…We need to get Americans off the sidewalks & off their bicycles & get them into electric carts…

Heath Ledger
12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Miami Heat I pretty much can't fucking stand you but those photos just made me spit soda all over my keyboard.

CosmicCowboy
12-04-2009, 02:47 PM
OK, I have my deal done with them and they were very nice to work with as long as you understand they are swamped and may not respond immediately. I would suggest calling if you have any questions as they are behind checking e-mail and just keep calling till you get a person to answer...don't leave voice mail.

Be aware that there is a $10,000 limit on the website bank processor so you can only order one cart at a time even though the "checkout" software allows multiple carts and totals over $10K.

When I tried to order the second cart MY bank cards fraud prevention kicked in and they wouldn't allow the charge, so I ended up having to call DE and three way call my credit card company to get the second transaction worked out...

They have sold 700 carts so far and are currently expecting to deliver in about 8 weeks on the sales they are processing now.

MiamiHeat
12-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Miami Heat I pretty much can't fucking stand you but those photos just made me spit soda all over my keyboard.

lmaoooooooooooooooo

dude, 99% of the stuff I post is for poster reactions / humor only, don't take me seriously lol.

CosmicCowboy
12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I had a guy from DE call me last night just to make sure everything was all right and to confirm the order...For what it's worth, the carts are manufactured in South Korea and assembled in Long Beach California by Zune Electric. They are mailing me my title (they have already assigned serial numbers to the sale) and sale documents today so all the paperwork is in order for '09 taxes.

They are expecting the carts/deal to be featured or at least shown/discussed on CNN next Wednesday (Anderson Cooper) and John Stossel at Fox also has a demo and is supposed to be doing a segment about the deal on the carts next week. This really seems like a straight up deal. They really expect sales to blow up after the TV coverage.

After talking to him for probably ten minutes and getting all my questions answered to my satisfaction I finally said...

"So, you guys are really on the level, huh?"

He assured me again they were...

I said..."good...because if you guys fuck me I will hunt you down like a mad dog"

He laughed and said that he went to college at Baylor and his room mate was from San Antonio (he actually named the high school without any prompting) and he knew how we Texans were...he wasn't about to screw me...:lol

Wild Cobra
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM

I just bought 2 brand new 48V "electric vehicles" ranch cruisers using the tax credit. They are basically street legal golf carts...go 25mph, 50 mile range...have lights, blinkers, etc. Ones a six seater, ones a 4 seater...

http://www.freeelectriccar.com/images/cat_6.jpg
http://www.freeelectriccar.com/images/cat_4.jpg

$13,988 total (including shipping)

less $12,993.06 tax credit

total out of pocket after tax credit $995 for BOTH

This is a crazy fucking world we live in.
I have mixed feelings about it.

Is it the type of tax credit where is you pay at least that much in taxes, you pay that much less, or they type of tax credit that you get even if you don't pay that much in taxes?

This is really something. Anyone who can use such a vehicle certainly doesn't need the tax credit, but damn. If you tax liability is more than that, may as well take advantage of your own tax dollars.

How can I get one?

CosmicCowboy
12-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I have mixed feelings about it.

Is it the type of tax credit where is you pay at least that much in taxes, you pay that much less, or they type of tax credit that you get even if you don't pay that much in taxes?

This is really something. Anyone who can use such a vehicle certainly doesn't need the tax credit, but damn. If you tax liability is more than that, may as well take advantage of your own tax dollars.

How can I get one?

It's a credit.

You have to OWE taxes (or already have had them deducted from your paycheck for '09) to take advantage of it.

If you don't owe that much in taxes you don't get money back.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 12:24 PM
And just to prove how little sense these "economic stimulus" and "feel good green" tax incentives make, the carts are manufactured in and imported from South Korea so the the majority of the "economic stimulus" goes directly out of the country.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm getting a couple of these bobbleheads for the dashboards to remind me who to thank...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/317KehQrbFL._SS500_.jpg

CharlieMac
12-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Ridiculous.

balli
12-06-2009, 02:50 PM
And just to prove how little sense these "economic stimulus" and "feel good green" tax incentives make, the carts are manufactured in and imported from South Korea so the the majority of the "economic stimulus" goes directly out of the country.
What a shitty American that makes you. To know something is bad for your country and to take advantage of it anyways? Despicable.

Should we expect any better though. Fits in well with the general 'conservative' ethos on economics; me first. always.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
What a shitty American that makes you. To know something is bad for your country and to take advantage of it anyways? Despicable.

Should we expect any better though. Fits in well with the general 'conservative' ethos on economics; me first. always.

You can suck my dick.

I've damn sure already paid more than my fair share of taxes. It's not un-American to take a tax credit or deduction that is approved by the IRS and perfectly legal.

The shitty Americans are the ones in Washington voting for this garbage.

balli
12-06-2009, 04:08 PM
The shitty Americans are the ones in Washington voting for this garbage.
That may be true.

The fact remains. You knowingly chose to do something that you feel is bad for America in order to better your pocketbook. You saw a way to exploit and damage your country and in the name of monetary interest you took advantage of it. In the worst way possible- I mean at least buy a Prius. And then you brag about it.

What unpatriotic scum you are. It's a shame you're allowed to call your lowly self an American.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
That may be true.

The fact remains. You knowingly chose to do something that you feel is bad for America in order to better your pocketbook. You saw a way to exploit and damage your country and in the name of monetary interest you took advantage of it. In the worst way possible- I mean at least buy a Prius. And then you brag about it.

What unpatriotic scum you are. It's a shame you're allowed to call your lowly self an American.

Buying a TOYOTA PRIUS is "Patriotic"??????

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

What a fucking idiot.

balli
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM

What a fucking idiot.

More patriotic than exploiting a loophole in a tax credit that you feel is bad for America, in order to buy a fleet of golf carts to shuttle your shit-kicker family around your horsey ranch.

And whether you bought a hybrid car the way you were supposed to. Or schemed your way into an ill-begotten golf cart-

The fact remains. You knowingly chose to do something that you feel is bad for America in order to better your pocketbook. You saw a way to exploit and damage your country and in the name of monetary interest you took advantage of it. And then you brag about it.

What a sack of shit you are.

balli
12-06-2009, 04:51 PM

What a fucking idiot.

And BTW, you ignorant, gaping asshole:

Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc. (TMMTX)

Toyota is proud of its new $1.3 billion vehicle assembly plant in San Antonio.

Current Investment:
$1.3 billion

Employment:

Address:
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc.
One Lone Star Pass
San Antonio, TX 78264

*Toyota vehicles and components are built using U.S. and globally sourced parts.

http://www.toyota.com/about/our_business/operations/manufacturing/tmmtx/

What a fucking idiot.

EmptyMan
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Exploiting loopholes are one of America's greatest past times.

Cosmic Cowboy, I salute you and wish you long-term enjoyment from your recent acquisitions :toast Your openly diplomatic welcoming of the great South-Korean business culture is noted as well. Not only are you implementing the use of an electronic mobility vehicle, you are helping your fellow citizens of the world.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
More patriotic than exploiting a loophole in a tax credit that you feel is bad for America, in order to buy a fleet of golf carts to shuttle your shit-kicker family around your horsey ranch.

And whether you bought a hybrid car the way you were supposed to. Or schemed your way into an ill-begotten golf cart-

The fact remains. You knowingly chose to do something that you feel is bad for America in order to better your pocketbook. You saw a way to exploit and damage your country and in the name of monetary interest you took advantage of it. And then you brag about it.

What a sack of shit you are.

You are fucking hilarious. Like world class loser hilarious. Your beloved Democrat Congress voted for this tax break. They wrote the rules. I'm just playing by the rules. Get over it. Hell, maybe if you get lucky your mom and dad will buy you one.

balli
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Your beloved Democrat Congress voted for this tax break.
I think it's a good tax break. I don't think it's bad for America.

You think it's bad for America though. And you chose to exploit it anyways. And I do mean exploit.

It's clear you're willing to throw your country under the bus if you think it'll make you richer. Which is as pathetic as it gets.

And as you are someone who's thrown around a bunch of garbage like, "I'll keep my guns and money, you keep your change." It's pretty fucking laughable that you'd decry the government not only not taking your money, but giving you a tax break.

Get your fucked up ideas straightened out.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I think it's a good tax break. I don't think it's bad for America.

You think it's bad for America though. And you chose to exploit it anyways.

It's clear you're willing to throw your country under the bus if you think it'll make you richer. Which is as pathetic as it gets.

And as you are someone who's thrown around a bunch of garbage like, "I'll keep my guns and money, you keep your change." It's pretty fucking laughable that you'd decry the government not only not taking your money, but giving you a tax break.

Get your fucked up ideas straightened out.

I've literally paid hundreds of thousands of dollars subsidizing Congress's fucked up ideas. I'm OK taking this tax credit. Hell, I'm doing my part to stop global warming!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol...When I'm driving the electric golf carts I'm not driving my big ass 4WD truck! So what are you bitching about?

Besides, the ranchito gets it's electricity from a coal fired power plant! How fucking AMERICAN is THAT??? :lmao

Sportcamper
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I really see this program as a win win proposition for America & small business…Let say a person walks about 1 mile to Taco Bell for lunch….Now that person is not going to order more than 2 or 3 items…They would be too full to walk a mile back to work…But if they had a golf cart they could easily eat 4 or maybe 5 items because all they have to do is drive their electric cart back…This is a bonanza for fast food industries as well as electric cart repair & maintenance centers…:tu

EmptyMan
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM

Our leaders do it. It's all good.

balli
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
When I'm driving the electric golf carts I'm not driving my big ass 4WD truck! So what are you bitching about?
I dunno. I'm just fucking around all high on marijuana and the devil's advocacy. Do what you feel. When it comes down to it, I don't really GAF about you or your relationship to our country. Though you're right, I'd rather you were driving a golf cart than an F-250.

Sportcamper
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Checking the Gov/IRS website for qualified vehicles…If I am reading this correctly the program will be extended into 2110 with tighter restrictions…

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=214841,00.html

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Checking the Gov/IRS website for qualified vehicles…If I am reading this correctly the program will be extended into 2110 with tighter restrictions…

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=214841,00.html

a LOT tighter. If anyone is thinking about doing they are nuts not to do it now.

Sportcamper
12-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Well...Did Kia Golf come through with the VIN#'s?

CosmicCowboy
12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Well...Did Kia Golf come through with the VIN#'s?

Damn straight.

I've got titles, VIN's, bills of sale dated ,09, IRS letter and certification etc. Everything was just as promised.

did you ever get one?

Sportcamper
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I did not order one….I like the representation of go electric & I still cant believe the tax credit on those carts…You got a great deal...

Another consideration for me... In my area the service center works primarily on EZGO, Yamaha, Taylor Dunn…

CosmicCowboy
12-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I did not order one….I like the representation of go electric & I still cant believe the tax credit on those carts…You got a great deal...

Another consideration for me... In my area the service center works primarily on EZGO, Yamaha, Taylor Dunn…

Most of the parts that make the carts "go" are manufactured by others...motors, controllers, etc. Just because it is an EZGO doesn't mean EZGO makes all the parts.

It's not like working on one 48v cart is that different from working on another...