PDA

View Full Version : Scooped - Jackson picks Nuggets!

Rummpd
04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Had to be at least one clown in the bunch at BSPN!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/neel/050421

drpill
04-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Had to be at least one clown in the bunch at BSPN!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/neel/050421

Yeah, I read that... He also picks them to lose to the Pistons in the finals... :rolleyes

infinite styles
04-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Scoop is the former writer for SLAM magazine so he's into the whole flashy streetball style of play. He's not one for fundamental, by the books ball so of course he would pick a team like Denver to win.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2005, 12:24 AM
He hates the Spurs. I'm relieved he's picking the Nuggs.

Rummpd
04-22-2005, 12:24 AM
I for one am glad one of these talking heads is going that way, Spurs need some blackboard material IMO

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2005, 01:05 AM
yeh and if we win the ring, his goin to jump onto the bandwagon, this guy should go eat pie

MI21
04-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Scoop Jackson is a really talented writer who says what he thinks. He doesn't hate the Spurs, I'm sure they are not his favourite team, but there is no hate.

You people think it is out of the realm of possibility for Denver to win the series if Tim remains gimpy?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I for one am glad one of these talking heads is going that way, Spurs need some blackboard material IMO

I hope the spurs don't need to use Scoop Jackson for blackboard material

milkyway21
04-22-2005, 02:10 AM
sorry, but I believe on this one than Scoop's scoop...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_bradley/04/21/el.hombre/1.html

Fool's Gold: The Nuggets under George Karl had a great race to the finish. That has to be enough, because Denver isn't beating San Antonio, which will put the defensive clamps on 'Melo and Friends. It's too bad Denver didn't finish in the sixth spot in the West, because Seattle is susceptible. But that would have just prolonged the inevitable second-round beat-down by the Spurs.

i believe

Rummpd
04-22-2005, 06:49 AM
It is not out of the realm of possibility but Mr. Jackson does not give a justification other than a "feeling". Lets just say I would not trust my investments to this clown, rants without reasons to back up are SAS like.

MadDog73
04-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Scoop Jackson is a really talented writer who says what he thinks. He doesn't hate the Spurs, I'm sure they are not his favourite team, but there is no hate.

You people think it is out of the realm of possibility for Denver to win the series if Tim remains gimpy?

Scoop not only has Denver beating the Spurs, but taking the whole West:

I'll take Detroit to win it ... over Denver.

Didn't see that coming, did you?
That's why they play the games, Grasshopper.

Now let's get it started.

That said, I like Eric's response:

"You've got the Nuggets in Round 2? Bold! That means you've got Boykins and NOT Manu "The Beast" Ginobili in Round 2? I gotta say, I'm not seeing that."

And later on Carmelo:

"And here's my unexpected postseason trick: Carmelo's going to regress a bit, look more like first-half Carmelo and less like George's top gun. I see him pressing when the Spurs put the clamps on, and then I see him pressing harder still."

That's totally believable.

samikeyp
04-22-2005, 09:15 AM
To answer your question MI, no it is not impossible for Denver to win this series. That being said, IMO, all of Scoop Jackson's talent comes from a bong.