PDA

View Full Version : Pop deserved to lose this game

Tito_Trinidad
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Mason playing the final minutes???? Where is Manu

Ice cold RJ playing the final minutes instead of Hill ???

Duncan entering the 4 qrt at 4 minutes remaining?

What a joke!!!

This is a well deserved LOSS with horrible defense, offense, and high school turnovers.

Rude Awakening: this season is last shot and not making even the WCF,,,,hummmmmmmm,,,,,1sr round exit again?

picc84
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Pop outthinks himself sometimes. Manu benched for Brick Mason? Why even have him then?

DPG21920
Well said.

Budkin
Dude, we all know we're not that good right now, but can you do us all a favor and jump off a bridge please?

slick'81
whatever

mexicanjunior
Rude Awakening: this season is last shot and not making even the WCF,,,,hummmmmmmm,,,,,1sr round exit again?

First round? This team will be lucky to make an 8th seed...

Marco
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
CIA Pop?

Spurs Brazil
12-03-2009, 10:56 PM
RJ and Mason were terrible and Manu was on the bench...

Bad coach tonight Pop

ffadicted
12-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Love Pop, but he fucked up tonight

lrrr
12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Sheesh. Give it a break. How many minutes did Timmy play? Manu? This is an early regular season game. The goals of this team are to mesh and stay healthy. That is Pops goal right now. not to win every singly freaking game.

TD player his quota of 32 mins. Manu is being nursed back to health. The newbies are learning (however slowly) the system. You think Pop should be like Doc and play a 35+ year old player 40 minutes?

Am I disappointed with the loss? Yes, I'm always disappointed with a loss. But the spurs are where they are expected to be, in an improvement phase. They played one of the best teams in the league pretty even all things considered.

put it in perspective people.

Spursfan092120
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
First round? This team will be lucky to make an 8th seed...
http://www.agrotising.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/Bandwagon.jpg

SenorSpur
12-03-2009, 11:15 PM
In fairness to Pop, Hill was relegated to the bench after taking an errant elbow from Ray Allen. It appeared the bow may have dislodged his stiches because he came up bloody.

Yet and still, that's no excuse for Manu being on the bench.

loveforthegame
12-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Ginobli and Finley were both playing better than Jefferson and Mason and yet they were on the bench in favor of Mason.

I thought he sat Duncan for too long in the 4th as well.

ducks
12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
manu had 3 turnovers

oh and pop did not make the spurs go 2-14 from downtown
and miss all the free throws
and duncan had 6 turnovers and manu had 3

ducks
12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Ginobli and Finley were both playing better than Jefferson and Mason and yet they were on the bench in favor of Mason.

I thought he sat Duncan for too long in the 4th as well.

yeah because blair was sucking out there

mexicanjunior
12-03-2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.agrotising.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/Bandwagon.jpg

All aboard...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/18/business/19thomas-600.jpg

DPG21920
TP had a crucial turnover when the Spurs were down 4 with the ball. He let Rondo strip him and lost it out of bounds.

duhoh

What a joke!!!

This is a well deserved LOSS with horrible defense, offense, and high school turnovers.

ok, so whose troll account is this again?

jag
I hate when Pop shoots 12.5% from downtown.

SpurCharger
12-03-2009, 11:35 PM
manu had 3 turnovers

Agreed 100%

loveforthegame
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah because blair was sucking out there

Where did I say Blair was sucking out there?

jag
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
TP had a crucial turnover when the Spurs were down 4 with the ball. He let Rondo strip him and lost it out of bounds.

He let Rondo strip him.

Rondo didn't have a great play on defense....in reality, Tony actually invited Rondo to strip the ball from him.

mexicanjunior
12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I hate when Pop shoots 12.5% from downtown.

I hate when he benches the only person to make 3's for all but the last 10 seconds of the 4th quarter.

DPG21920
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Was that some lame attempt at sarcasm? It is very common to say someone "let" someone else do something and have it mean what I was intending.

Like when someone says why do you let those kids pick on you...In reality, the kids invited the bullys to pick on them.

Pauleta14
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM

:lol:lol

It's a funny way to see/report it!

jag
12-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I hate when he benches the only person to make 3's for all but the last 10 seconds of the 4th quarter.

haha i love how people assume that Pop wants to lose. I shit on Pop for not playing Hill enough against Dallas...i shit on him when it's warranted, but i don't do it because i'm i have the emotions of a 16 year old girl.

I can always expect to see you on here bitching and moaning after a loss...your emo roller-coaster is as predictable as your basketball takes.

jag
12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Was that some lame attempt at sarcasm? It is very common to say someone "let" someone else do something and have it mean what I was intending.

Like when someone says why do you let those kids pick on you...In reality, the kids invited the bullys to pick on them.

:lol

pjjrfan
12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
No one really had a great game, even Blair who really impressed out there, I thought for the most part the bench was used well, at the end maybe Pop just hung in there too long with that unit. But I liked what I saw especially the bench players, and I really think Manu on the 2nd unit is the way to go. Now if the starters can get their act together, and I'm mostly talking about Jefferson, this team can go places.

mexicanjunior
12-03-2009, 11:44 PM
haha i love how people assume that Pop wants to lose. I shit on Pop for not playing Hill enough against Dallas...i shit on him when it's warranted, but i don't do it because i'm i have the emotions of a 16 year old girl.

I can always expect to see you on here bitching and moaning after a loss...your emo roller-coaster is as predictable as your basketball takes.

The way some posters here make Pop out to believe that no game matters if it isn't passed (insert month here), why wouldn't we think Pop doesn't care about winning or losing? According to the pollyanna and so called "Real" Spurs fans, no game matters until every player on the roster is 100% healthy and we have completely gelled....meanwhile other teams continue to fight through injuries and climb the standings.

jag
12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
The way some posters here make Pop out to believe that no game matters if it isn't passed (insert month here), why wouldn't we think Pop doesn't care about winning or losing? According to the pollyanna and so called "Real" Spurs fans, no game matters until every player on the roster is 100% healthy and we have completely gelled....meanwhile other teams continue to fight through injuries and climb the standings.

I didn't say this loss doesn't matter...and i didn't say "It's only November."

The Spurs had Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson and Duncan and still lost.

Does that mean I should act like Pop managed the game poorly?? No.

I think he should have had Manu in at the end...but maybe Manu was tightening up, i really don't know. Everyone, including Pop knows that Manu gives the Spurs the best chance to win...I can only assume there was an adequate reason for him not being in the game.

Aside from that, i think Pop managed the game well and called some really good plays out of time outs. Two of which resulted in wide open 3-pointers for Mason and Finley. If Mason knocks his down then it's a 1-point game. He also did a great job and managing the flow of the game, especially when the Spurs hit their first quarter slump.

Pop didn't shoot 12.5% from 3. Pop didn't have 19 turnovers.

But he did play Blair extensive minutes and allowed him to do his thing...despite him being undersized and inexperienced.

The Spurs lost, but i'm not going to start calling out Pop because my ass is hurt.

mexicanjunior
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I think he should have had Manu in at the end...but maybe Manu was tightening up, i really don't know. Everyone, including Pop knows that Manu gives the Spurs the best chance to win...I can only assume there was an adequate reason for him not being in the game.

If this was true...why bring him in with 10 seconds left? Did he need time to loosen up before the next game? Far be it from us to actually think Pop made a poor decision... :wow

Was he holding out Duncan for the first 8 minutes of the 4th quarter to make sure we had the best chance to win also?

lefty
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
The only thing Pop really did wrong was giving some Blair minutes in favor of fucking Bonner

That was retarded.

And guys, keep in mind that we had a lot of good looks, especially in the 1st half; those shoots didn't go in, there was nothing we could do about it.

The Truth #6
12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
He brought in Manu to run the play to finley. I'm tired of finley but he is dependable for plays like the one at the end. Of course I wish he hadn't stepped out of bounds.

jag
12-04-2009, 12:03 AM
If this was true...why bring him in with 10 seconds left? Did he need time to loosen up before the next game? Far be it from us to actually think Pop made a poor decision... :wow

I already said i don't know the reason for it...and i already said I think that Manu should have been in. But is that the reason the Spurs lost???

Was he holding out Duncan for the first 8 minutes of the 4th quarter to make sure we had the best chance to win also?

Duncan tried to sub in after the first 4 mintues. He stood at the scorers table for about 3-4 minutes until Jefferson fouled someone and finally stopped the clock.

Tell me what else has you emotionally strained.

DesignatedT
12-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I already said i don't know the reason for it...and i already said I think that Manu should have been in. But is that the reason the Spurs lost???

Duncan tried to sub in after the first 4 mintues. He stood at the scorers table for about 3-4 minutes until Jefferson fouled someone and finally stopped the clock.

We just came out of a timeout.. Duncan should have been in the lineup coming out of that timeout. no questions....

starting
hill
mason
jefferson
blair
bonner

while down 10 at the start of the 3rd quarter is also a recipe for disaster... seems like pop was ready to throw in his famous towel.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:07 AM

It certainly didn't help...

I guess this team forgot how to call a timeout...what else would you like to defend aimlessly?

jag
12-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I guess this team forgot how to call a timeout...what else would you like to defend aimlessly?

Duncan is standing at the scorer's table and Blair is playing like the beast and you think Pop should call a timeout?

I have no problem calling Pop out for stupid coaching...but i'm not going to do it just cause the Spurs lost. Again, your bitching is predictable and your takes are weak. You constantly miss the big picture and it's hard to take you serious.

Next time the Spurs lose and you log onto Spurstalk...think to yourself "maybe I should at least be creative with my emotional projecting."

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Duncan is standing at the scorer's table and Blair is playing like the beast and you think Pop should call a timeout?

Is there a new law saying Duncan and Blair can't both be on the floor?

Next time the Spurs lose and you log onto Spurstalk...think to yourself "maybe I should at least be creative with my emotional projecting."

Yeah, god knows my only goal on this forum is to try and make my posts "JaG" worthy...I'll get right on that.

phyzik
12-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Pop doesnt give up turn overs.

Pop doesnt tell them to forget to rotate on defense.

Pop doesnt tip the ball into the other teams basket.

Pop doesnt tell them to miss open shots.

Shit happens.

get over it.

Spursfan092120
12-04-2009, 12:23 AM
http://www.fileitunder.com/uploaded_images/panic-767792.gif

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:27 AM
http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/pollyanna.JPG

phyzik
12-04-2009, 12:30 AM
http://marks4glue.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bandwagon.jpg

phyzik
12-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Just in case my last post was too subtle for the dense newbs....

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/jlawsoul/DJ_Bandwagon_Logo-1.jpg

Do us ALL a fucking favor.... Lookup and learn the history of :spam:!

while your at it, take a gander under my username you losers.

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 12:32 AM

What a joke!!!

I was at the motherfuckin game and everyone was saying the same thing. I bet Manu would of made one of the 4 3s Mason's injured ass missed. And why did he wait so long to put Blair back in? He pretty much brought the team back from a 10 pt deficit by himself with his hustle and determination. Pop needs to take a page out of Joe Pa's book and let the young bucks play. :ihit:ihit:ihit

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
All aboard!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/18/business/19thomas-600.jpg

UnWantedTheory
12-04-2009, 12:34 AM
There is a difference between deserved and earned.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-04-2009, 12:50 AM
manu had 3 turnovers

Manu had 3 turnovers... one more than Tony....while playing half as many minutes as your boy Parker.

Damn you are pathetic, ducks.

Höfner
12-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Pop left Sheed open for that 3 at the end of the 3rd.