PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili and Blair

superfedja
12-03-2009, 10:50 PM
These guys are doing great pic-and-rolls. They compliment each other well.

Here's why :

Ginobili: he can drive if the screen works, he can shoot if the defender goes under the pick, he's a great passer (in case blair's defender is stepping out on manu ... don't forget blair is rolling to the rim) ... if the offense makes a switch, then we have 2 mismatches ( manu vs tall guy on perimeter or blair vs small dude in the post ... finnaly, manu's got good basket-ball IQ, he knows how to read the reactions of the defense to the pick-and-roll

Blair: his wide strong body is great for setting pics, he rolls really quickly, he has huge wingspand and great hands for catching passes, he finishes well around the rim, he's great for the offensive rebound if manu misses the layup (his defender won't be able to box him ou bcuz of the pic-and-roll)

by the way ... if the screen works, manu drives and help comes ... manu will recognize it and pass it to the open man

what do you guys think ??? it looks pretty undefendable on paper and it has been until now on the court

androck
12-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Manu needs to get healthy and Blair has to stop being a revolving door on defense but I could see it coming together on the Rodeo Road Trip

Sigz
12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Manu sucks. He literally looks old as fuck.

SCdac
12-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Blair's got great hands and movement in the paint, Ginobili is such a creative playmaker and scorer... I definitely agree they are complementary.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Manu really needs to get his shot back..he's still a good playmaker and energy guy, but he's not going to be the same player without his shot..

ElNono
12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Manu needs 5-10 games to get back in shape. I think Pop didn't play him late in the game tonight because he wants to bring him back slowly. Blair was a monster, but I'm surprised only Manu can play a decent pick and roll with him. There's not reason why RJ or Mason couldn't do it either.