PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mason

JustinJDW
12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Seriously, what the fuck was he thinking? :ihit

mexicanjunior
12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
He wasn't...Pop's fault for leaving him in though.

nuclearfm
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM

That's his game. He'll make 50% of those. If he made them, different story. He had some solid assists tonight. I'm not at all dissapointed in him.

DesignatedT
12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
0-3 is 0%....

ClingingMars
12-03-2009, 11:29 PM
iqaBqkn04Mk

I can't really blame Pop here.

SpurCharger
12-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I cant Blame Mason, At Least He showed Effort unlike Half Of the other Roster....

loveforthegame
12-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't mind Mason taking 3s but he jacked up two of them early in the shot clock when we were making a comeback.

alchemist
12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Roger took a legit shot, people will always criticize if he misses and praise if he makes them.

DesignatedT
12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
mason was pulling up for three like tony and duncan were not in the lineup... that was the problem.... of course if he has an open 3... take it all day... which he still missed 2 wide open ones... but not just stopping and pulling up with the game on the line... that possession was the end of the game.. IMO should have called a timeout.. we still had 2 left.

ffadicted
12-03-2009, 11:34 PM
iqaBqkn04Mk

Now that I have a cooler head, I gotta say, true dat

BillMc
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
roger took a legit shot, people will always criticize if he misses and praise if he makes them.

+1

ClingingMars
mason was pulling up for three like tony and duncan were not in the lineup... that was the problem.... of course if he has an open 3... take it all day... which he still missed 2 wide open ones... but not just stopping and pulling up with the game on the line... that possession was the end of the game.. IMO should have called a timeout.. we still had 2 left.

The thing is, with his history, with the game on the line, I'm giving him a green light. period. He's earned it.

pjjrfan
They ddin't go down. At least he was shooting it, which earlier in the game with the starters it looked like no one but Timmy wanted anything to do with the ball.

SenorSpur
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
The thing is, with his history, with the game on the line, I'm giving him a green light. period. He's earned it.

Amen. Someone had to have the balls enough to take a 3. Mason's got a good history of hitting those on a dead stop. I don't mind him taking that shot either.

duhoh
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM

not every shot goes in.

what if those went in?

EricB
12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
First off theres no cursing In the thread title edit it out. Second mason's shot was a good shot learn the fucking game.

ClingingMars
12-03-2009, 11:44 PM
first off theres no cursing in the thread unless you're sequ title edit it out. Second mason's shot was a good shot learn the fucking game.

fify

FkLA
12-03-2009, 11:45 PM
He made an identical pull-up in Boston last year, I dont fault him for the shot at all to be honest. It is questionable whether he shouldve been out there though not because I feel he played horrible but because you never have Manu on the bench in late game situations. I didnt mind seeing Mason out there it was seeing Manu sitting that pissed me off, if Pop wouldve sat Dick and played Mason I wouldnt have minded to be honest.

JustinJDW
12-03-2009, 11:45 PM
First off theres no cursing In the thread title edit it out. Second mason's shot was a good shot learn the fucking game.Please, explain to me.

If Timmy and Blair were on fire and have been on fire all game, and they are the guys who brought us back to 4 points down with a little over 3 minutes to go, how is it smart to take a contested 3-pointer a couple of feet behind the arc with 20 seconds on the shot clock? Not to mention you have been cold all game.

How is that a legit shot?

The Truth #6
12-03-2009, 11:50 PM
He showed some courage for taking those shots. They weren't completely in the flow but not a horrible mistake, unlike our million unforced turnovers.

ClingingMars
12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Please, explain to me.

If Timmy and Blair were on fire and have been on fire all game, and they are the guys who brought us back to 4 points down with a little over 3 minutes to go, how is it smart to take a contested 3-pointer a couple of feet behind the arc with 20 seconds on the shot clock? Not to mention you have been cold all game.

I call the Robert Horry effect. You ignore how you have been shooting all game, and you take the shot that matters. And I'll live with the result, which is normally good.

DesignatedT
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Please, explain to me.

Im with you on this one... good for roger... he shows he has some balls... but that doesnt always win the game...

he took a contested 3 way to early in the shot clock... if it got down to 5 seconds in the 24 then im all for him throwing up one of his famous threes. but not in this situation with the game on the line...

JustinJDW
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I call the Robert Horry effect. You ignore how you have been shooting all game, and you take the shot that matters. And I'll live with the result, which is normally good.Eh, I guess you're right. Besides, there are a hell of a lot more reasons we lost the game than just that specific shot.

I just wanna win. :depressed

senorglory
12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
iqaBqkn04Mk

Is that a video of Mason this year?

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Is that a video of Mason this year?

No...but this board loves to bring up the past. Where were highlights like those in the playoffs?

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
No...but this board loves to bring up the past. Where were highlights like those in the playoffs?

yeh the same fkn oxymorons who still living on 4-0...

ElNono
12-04-2009, 12:09 AM
The game was lost in the previous 3 quarters with shitty play and intensity from our starters and missed free throws... If Mason makes it, great... but it's not why we lost the game.

phyzik
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Mason cant be blamed. If he makes it, he's clutch. Since he didnt make it, it really had no effect on the game, we lost it in the first half, and thats being nice.

LongtimeSpursFan
12-04-2009, 12:47 AM

You mean the whole 5 games we played this year. There werent too many highlights from any Spur player outside Duncan and Parker.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 12:59 AM
You mean the whole 5 games we played this year. There werent too many highlights from any Spur player outside Duncan and Parker.

Hence the reason why it only lasted 5 games. Mason and Bonner wet the bed against the Mavs, which makes it all the more difficult to trust Mason has reverted back to "Money" form and give him carte blance to take any horrendous shot he wants...

Höfner
12-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Mason never hits big shots for us. What was he thinking?

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
What was he thinking?

At 2:15 to go in the 4th quarter...he wasn't.

DBMethos
12-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Mason's shots didn't lead to the loss (but they might have led us to a W). If we make our free throws, we win that game.

urunobili
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
so now Mason has made more plays than Manu in the clutch? :wakeup

to21
12-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Manu should have been in the game taking those shots.

tHe210rObInHoOd
12-04-2009, 10:07 AM
When you haven't hit a shot all night you shouldn't be jacking up threes off screens to try to win the game. Bad shot by Mason, but ultimately it's Pop's fault for leaving him in.

Ultimately the Spurs lost because they were rusty and the young players (Hill and Blair) started the game intimidated by the Celtics. By the time they became acquainted it was too late. Good news is that Blair is a beast once he's comfortable. I was waiting for Garnett to start running his mouth so that Blair could betch slap him. Instead Garnett was yelling at Perkins instead.

Spurs Brazil
12-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I have no problems with the first 2 3PA, the third one was a terrible shot