PDA

View Full Version : Morey, what the hell are you doing?

djohn2oo8
12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
56 minutes ago

Houston: The Rockets continue to offer Tracy McGrady(notes) in a trade, but that will be a difficult proposition considering he’s the highest-paid player in the league ($23.2 million) and no one has seen him play in nine months. Houston seems willing to take back a longer-term contract for McGrady, but most executives believe his high salary makes it hard to put together a package.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman don’t want McGrady back with the team, and have insisted that he isn’t physically ready to return to the lineup. McGrady would love a trade, but knows he must start playing again for it to be possible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArDErNpGYyqIE88TY5xRqNa8vLYF?slug=aw-tradebuzz120309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

angrydude
12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't get all the Mcgrady hate in Houston. Yao is out as least as much as Mcgrady is. The only difference is the Mcgrady drama. But that has nothing to do with what he does on the court. If they don't want to play him till he is 100% like they've been saying that's one thing, but if they just don't want him because they don't want him, that's retarded.

They can't possibly trade him for anything good anyway no matter how hard they try. Might as well not alienate him.

Rogue
12-03-2009, 11:49 PM
The best possible scenario is the two sides reach a buyout agreement like how marbury and Knicks did last season. T-Mac may still be an useful piece for contenders and would possible even change the entire blueprint of league if he signs with the right team, like the Spurs for example.

Spurs haven't lived up to the expected standards due to Longoria's injury earlier this season and partially to Dick's slackness. T-Mac of course would be a great replacement for Dick if he signed with Spurs for some reason, and I bet the attractiveness of championship will be more than enough to overwhelm the cashes he loses in the buyout.

noob cake
12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Morey is smarter than you; this is probably just some propaganda so other GM's will bite.

1) TMac wants to play; Rockets are terrible people for trying to prevent a healthy player from playing. He is on a contract year and is fully healthy.
2) Rockets wants to trade TMac;

This is just like Morey last year spreading rumors about Landry's busted knee and everything.

Rogue
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
It's impossible to trade him at this point of time because the Lebron-chasers have already trimmed the rotted stocks the shit out hence it makes little sense for them to trade multiple expiring contracts into a big entire one. But i still think T-Mac can still play basketball at an acceptable level and may probably play a pivotal role on Rockets team in playoffs, provided Rockets can stretch that far.

Rogue
12-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Morey is smarter than you; this is probably just some propaganda so other GM's will bite.

1) TMac wants to play; Rockets are terrible people for trying to prevent a healthy player from playing. He is on a contract year and is fully healthy.
2) Rockets wants to trade TMac;

This is just like Morey last year spreading rumors about Landry's busted knee and everything.
You're dumber than morey, and you know it sucks asses to be dumber than him given how big a dumbass morey is.

djohn2oo8
12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
You're dumber than morey, and you know it sucks asses to be dumber than him given how big a dumbass morey is.

Usually, Morey is a genius....But in this case I agree, because letting McGrady play cannot hurt his already low trade value, because if he plays at a high level, more teams will bite come the trade deadline.

djohn2oo8
12-04-2009, 12:12 AM
I think insurance is paying McGrady's salary right now, and every game he doesn't play the Rockets recieve $232,000. Just get this over with

Darthkiller
12-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Redd+ Kurt Thomas+ Joe Alexander for Tmac