PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the Spurs "fans"

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Come on guys...it was an ugly loss, but these threads are close to bandwagoning NBA fan. It sucks right now, but it will only get better. Let me know if you disagree.:flag::flag::flag:

Höfner
12-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Dude, historically the Spurs have ALWAYS shown up in December.

Sean Cagney
12-04-2009, 01:00 AM
you're right, no true "fan" should be upset with a team with a stacked roster plays like shit against a decent team

it's only December....

LOL I see this all the damn time, it's only this and that, like last year it was only March and so on but it would come!!! Will some realize one day sometihng will not be alright and it's over? Some have to accept that there! Real Spurs fans stay in 07 it seems, otherwise delusional.

It is only December yes, things can change yes, true indeed they can! they can change alot! Will they? Nothing is given every year right? Nothing is guaranteed ever year.

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah they have...and as far as the "stacked roster" it's all brand new to over half the team. This hasnt happened in forever that is why most psuedo fans are ready to say the season is over. This will only build the team's character.

Chomag
12-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Pop is God we are sinners to question him!
Your not a fan if you yield yourself to free thinking.

I got it.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
you're right, no true "fan" should be upset with a team with a stacked roster plays like shit against a decent team

it's only December....

http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/pollyanna.JPG

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
LOL I see this all the damn time, it's only this and that, like last year it was only March and so on but it would come!!! Will some realize one day sometihng will not be alright and it's over? Some have to accept that there! Real Spurs fans stay in 07 it seems, otherwise delusional.

It is only December yes, things can change yes, true indeed they can! they can change alot! Will they? Nothing is given every year right? Nothing is guaranteed ever year.

Exactly nothinug is guaranteed, but call me crazy, but I think they can overcome all this:ihit

Chomag
12-04-2009, 01:03 AM

Yep, we might should think about changing our Team's name to the San Antonio Suns the way we seem to make excuses for everything.

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:04 AM

I got it.

Nope...that's not what I meant at all...Pop is a coach..Spurs have enough talent and leadership to pull themselves out of this. I believe. Isn't that what your avatar says when you first register for this site????? Where are all the "I believe" fans?

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Yep, we might should think about changing our Team's name to the San Antonio Suns the way we seem to make excuses for everything.

Slow down buddy...:lol:lol

Chomag
12-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Slow down buddy...:lol:lol

Oh Not yet. They have a legacy in that department, but you gotta admit we are getting there. lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:08 AM
LMAO @ no one realizing the sarcasm in my "it's only December" comment

but hey, you're not a "true fan" if you are worried, SMH

Oh I get it....but if you're ready to give up already you arent a true fan

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh Not yet. They have a legacy in that department, but you gotta admit we are getting there. lol

HAHA...yeah I can see it happening soon, but not this year...not with Duncan still playing:king

Chomag
12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Nope...that's not what I meant at all...Pop is a coach..Spurs have enough talent and leadership to pull themselves out of this. I believe. Isn't that what your avatar says when you first register for this site????? Where are all the "I believe" fans?

Just because I believe doesn't mean I have to blindly follow.

I still Believe in this team! However I would be blind if I said there are not many things that need to be addressed on this team to get there.

A championship is earned it's not just there waiting for the Spurs.

ElNono
12-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Just because I believe doesn't mean I have to blindly follow.

I still Believe in this team! However I would be blind if I said there are not many things that need to be addressed on this team to get there.

A championship is earned it's not just there waiting for the Spurs.

Right. I'm pretty happy with this roster overall, and I think, above all, that we're in the right path for the most part.
That doesn't mean there's nothing to criticize or improve here and there. Pointing that stuff out doesn't mean you 'hate' or don't believe...

Höfner
12-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Everyone feel the love?

SamoanTD
12-04-2009, 01:29 AM

I got it.
exactly so shut the fuck the up :lol

UnWantedTheory
12-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Fuck the cliff jumpers...Is it causing concern? Yes. Is it December? Yes. Talk shit in another 15 games or so and even then there is hope...so STFU cliff jumpers.
EDIT-I do believe in the freedom of speech. But still....

z0sa
12-04-2009, 01:34 AM
yeah, spurs fans are just swell. Like our team's record, 9-7.

UnWantedTheory
12-04-2009, 01:34 AM

I got it.

I dont understand...What is this free thinking you speak of ? All I know is faith in the Pop...Damn you for your confusing ways.

SouthTexasRancher
12-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Come on guys...it was an ugly loss, but these threads are close to bandwagoning NBA fan. It sucks right now, but it will only get better. Let me know if you disagree.:flag::flag::flag:

You're right. Personally I prefer that the Spurs to never win a game till April 1st. I mean that's why i pay so damn much money for season tickets so we can go to each home game and cheer them on to another fantastic loss. And for the record so do the other 18,000 +/- fans sitting alongside. We've been doing this for years and really get our rocks off when we don't play with either our heads or our hearts. All of us much prefer our Spurs to go out and give 23.3421% effort while the opposing team goes all out and gives 100%. Yeah boy, ya gotta love these Spurs playing like they are trying to win the local church league basketball tournament.

For the record and all TiC aside, I can live with these home losses as long as our guys give the effort. But, when the only one really doing that is our only 'Rookie' then I do get a little upset. All any of us at the AT&T tonight and every other night of a home game want is for our guys to show this game of basketball means as much to them as it does to the opposing team. We presently have a long way to go before .....well you get the picture. :toast

underdawg
12-04-2009, 01:53 AM
if being miserable is comfortable for you, by all means go ahead. But, as optimistic as I am for this season I still find it hard to understand why so many people are shocked at the slow start. Do the Spurs run a complicated system? Have new players typically struggled in the Spurs' system? What is unique about the current new players that would make them immune from this trend? The effort was there tonight, but the execution wasn't. The Spurs are a more athletic team than they've been for a long time and as usual they need a bit of time to gel.

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I wonder how many fans were giving up after the Spurs went 10-10 in their first twenty games in '03-'04?

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
I wonder how many fans were giving up after the Spurs went 10-10 in their first twenty games in '03-'04?

Hard to give up on a team with David Robinson and the reigning MVP...that is unfortunately not what this team is sporting now...

gospursgojas
12-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Fuck the cliff jumpers...Is it causing concern? Yes. Is it December? Yes. Talk shit in another 15 games or so and even then there is hope...so STFU cliff jumpers.
EDIT-I do believe in the freedom of speech. But still....

If we get mad when we lose we're cliffjumpers, if we're happy when we win, we're bandwagoners.

Why can we just be pissed when the spurs lose and happy when they win and still be just fans.

12-04-2009, 02:02 AM
yeah.. the spurs, 15 games into the season with half the team being new faces, lost to most likely the eventual eastern conference champs/nba champs (if the spurs don't make it there). boston is one of the best two teams in the league right now. this isn't exactly the right loss to start jumping off a cliff. maybe if it was a loss to the mavs, blazers, or cavs, i would understand.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:04 AM
this isn't exactly the right loss to start jumping off a cliff. maybe if it was a loss to the mavs, blazers, or cavs, i would understand.

We've lost to 2 of those 3 already, this loss just piles it on...

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:04 AM
if we get mad when we lose we're cliffjumpers, if we're happy when we win, we're bandwagoners.

Why can we just be pissed when the spurs lose and happy when they win and still be just fans.

+1

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Hard to give up on a team with David Robinson and the reigning MVP...that is unfortunately not what this team is sporting now...

This team has better depth at PG, one of the best rookie rebounders in recent memory, and 5 guys that are still learning a very complicated system. It's way too early to toss in the towel.

Bukefal
12-04-2009, 02:10 AM
There we go again...

Just relax. Everything is fine. You cant be all nervous because of this loss. Have some faith.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:11 AM
This team has better depth at PG, one of the best rookie rebounders in recent memory, and 5 guys that are still learning a very complicated system. It's way too early to toss in the towel.

If all the "complicated system" excuses are what everyone is clinging to, Popovich really lied to us in the preseason about dumbing things down for the new guys...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-asimpleplanforspurs&prov=tsn&type=lgns

12-04-2009, 02:12 AM
We've lost to 2 of those 3 already, this loss just piles it on...
parker was injured early against the blazers and the spurs split two games with the mavs. i don't know how it could be any different. nothing out of the ordinary there. can't really expect the spurs to beat the blazers without parker and to sweep the mavs, the arch rivals of the spurs.

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 02:15 AM
If the Spurs make just one more made 3, Duncan has one less turnover, and the fluke basket by Blair for the Celts doesn't happen, they win this game. people are blowing this loss so far out of proportion. The Celtics are a damn good team. This strikes me as a totally understandable loss.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:15 AM
parker was injured early against the blazers and the spurs split two games with the mavs. i don't know how it could be any different. nothing out of the ordinary there. can't really expect the spurs to beat the blazers without parker and to sweep the mavs, the arch rivals of the spurs.

The Mavs had injury problems of their own when they beat us, hard to make excuses for one team while the other fights through the same problem and wins...

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 02:17 AM
If all the "complicated system" excuses are what everyone is clinging to, Popovich really lied to us in the preseason about dumbing things down for the new guys...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-asimpleplanforspurs&prov=tsn&type=lgns

You're right. The season is over. Pack it in. Trade Duncan. Etc.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:18 AM
If the Spurs make just one more made 3, Duncan has one less turnover, and the fluke basket by Blair for the Celts doesn't happen, they win this game. people are blowing this loss so far out of proportion. The Celtics are a damn good team. This strikes me as a totally understandable loss.

Alot of "if" scenarios there...good teams find ways to minimize the "if"'s and defend their home court against a damn good team.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-04-2009, 02:19 AM
alot of "if" scenarios there...good teams find ways to minimize the "if"'s and defend their home court against a damn good team.

+1

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:20 AM
You're right. The season is over. Pack it in. Trade Duncan. Etc.

Now you are starting to come around... :toast

Seriously though, no one said "Trade Duncan" or "Pack it in"...criticizing your team's poor play does not equate to season tanking...especially when we are 10 million over the luxury tax as it is.

12-04-2009, 02:21 AM
The Mavs had injury problems of their own when they beat us, hard to make excuses for one team while the other fights through the same problem and wins...
:huh spurs beat a fully healthy mavs team without parker and duncan. i doubt the mavs could beat the spurs without dirk and terry.

underdawg
12-04-2009, 02:22 AM

that just goes to prove the point that it is a difficult system and usually it takes a full year for a player to adjust, but we don't have a year to wait and that's the purpose of dumbing down the system.

Something else that makes sense is that Pop's system has had to be more complex in the past because of the lack of overall talent compared to other teams (almost like Duke) - he has more talent now than he's had before and he can probably rely on that talent in the long run more than his system that he's needed in the past.

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
The conventional wisdom in '03 was that nobody could beat Shaq & Kobe, Robinson was old and past his prime, and the Spurs just didn't have the talent to win it all.

Mr Bones
12-04-2009, 02:26 AM
that just goes to prove the point that it is a difficult system and usually it takes a full year for a player to adjust, but we don't have a year to wait and that's the purpose of dumbing down the system.

Something else that makes sense is that Pop's system has had to be more complex in the past because of the lack of overall talent compared to other teams (almost like Duke) - he has more talent now than he's had before and he can probably rely on that talent in the long run more than his system that he's needed in the past.

:king +1

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:30 AM
:huh spurs beat a fully healthy mavs team without parker and duncan. i doubt the mavs could beat the spurs without dirk and terry.

The Mavs did beat us without Dampier, Marion and Josh Howard...they have had injuries for a majority of the season but yet found the fortitude to lead the division anyway.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:34 AM

So if in fact he did "dumb it down", why are people still using it as an excuse to write off the poor play of Jefferson when others on this team are doing fine with it (Blair, Mcdyess, Bogans)?

12-04-2009, 02:38 AM
The Mavs did beat us without Dampier, Marion and Josh Howard...they have had injuries for a majority of the season but yet found the fortitude to lead the division anyway.
dampier + marion + howard does not equal duncan + parker

only games so far the spurs fans can legitimately melt down for are the losses to the jazz and thunder at home. otherwise, the spurs wins and losses have been very predictable and expected.

underdawg
12-04-2009, 02:39 AM
So if in fact he did "dumb it down", why are people still using it as an excuse to write off the poor play of Jefferson when others on this team are doing fine with it (Blair, Mcdyess, Bogans)?

Bogans was horrible tonight - he was missing assignments left and right. The point is that in the past there was enough returning players familiar with the system that incorporating a new player was easier to do. But, when you have so many new faces it makes it so much harder to find rotations with players that aren't familiar with this system. Just because it's dumbed down doesn't mean that it's not going to take some time to learn - just not a full year like the past.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Bogans was horrible tonight - he was missing assignments left and right.

His on the ball defense overall has been what most had hoped for in trying to replace Bowen. I think he has easily been our best perimeter defender outside of Hill.

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:45 AM
dampier + marion + howard does not equal duncan + parker

Duncan played in the game we lost while the Mavs were without all 3 of the aforementioned players. I'm not saying they equal what the Spurs didn't have but they have won games with a depleted roster and not used the excuse injury to blow off poor play against good competition.

12-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Duncan played in the game we lost while the Mavs were without all 3 of the aforementioned players. I'm not saying they equal what the Spurs didn't have but they have won games with a depleted roster and not used the excuse injury to blow off poor play against good competition.
i think mavsfan feels worse about the loss to the spurs without duncan and parker, the all star duo and spurs' scoring leaders, than spursfan losing to the mavs without those three role players. mavs would struggle just as much if they lost their top two scorers, dirk and terry, due to injuries. spurs are completely healthy now so the meltdown should be reserved until the next time one of the big 3 goes down or they start a losing streak of more than two games. losing to one of the best two teams in the league right now is not the time to panic.

lennyalderette
12-04-2009, 03:15 AM
im pissed!! man ill post some pis but man if u saw what i saw, these refs are bullshit!!! it doesnt help when we miss the easiest shots,(freethrows). i have to give it to the celtics they play some good D but when your close up that D sure looks like alot of fouls to me. im proud of timmy and blair wow beasty blair was amazing tonight. im sorry but tony is playing like shit. yes i saw the stats, but if you were there you saw everyone frustrated with him. if hills nose didnt get broken we could have possibly stole a W. all in all im proud of the spurs, for not letting it get out of control

Brazil
12-04-2009, 07:07 AM
This meltdown is quite funny.

The loss was kind of expected after 4 days not playing, Manu in his way back. If you add missing 10 Fts and a pathetic 2-16 3 pointers no surprises.

Regarding the game call me a fool but there are a bunch of positive points:

- Blair. Man I can't believe we drafted this guy, he is a beast and he showed up against may be the best defensive team in the league.
- Tim what to say ? sevicable my ass
- TP is finding his groove back
- Shooting 41% Fts won't happen again, same for the TOs
- Manu is back
- Jefferson we can say what we want but his main issue was his passiveness while playing with tim and tp, guess what ? he took 13 shoots. I'm not worried by his low fg % it will be back, the important thing is the shooting was well split between tim tp manu and RJ, it's a good path on the right direction
- Rebounding 55 fucking rebounds vs. 32 for the celts we exploded the celts

If you look the big picture it is a positive game for the spurs. I'm serious saying that.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-04-2009, 07:47 AM
If you look the big picture it is a positive game for the spurs. I'm serious saying that.

+1.

Let the bandwaggoners vent though, it's inevitable.

Brazil
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
^ indeed but still annoying.

spurspokesman
12-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Agree

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-04-2009, 09:22 AM
^ Sure, most of our fans are already just like theirs.

LOL@MavsFan
12-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Cheers to that....:toast

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-04-2009, 10:11 AM
that team had a Duncan that put up 22pts 14rbs in his sleep and had Drob and SJAX

That said you would still have whined if you had been old enough in 2003 right?

Chomag
12-04-2009, 12:09 PM

Sorry to say without Blair tonight this game would have been ugly. Even Boston's own coach said this much.

Mr Bones
12-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Sorry to say without Blair tonight this game would have been ugly. Even Boston's own coach said this much.

Yeah, but the Spurs do have Blair. And he'll probably get better as the season goes on. I don't care if fans are upset that the Spurs lost a close game, but all this "the season is over" stuff is ridiculous.