PDA

View Full Version : 100% sure Spurs to the WCF

SinBAD
12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I understand everyone is upset about the loss but we shouldn't be.there are alot of positives to be taken from this game. the only reason we lost was our TO which were not a result of gr8 defense by the celtics but rather poor decisions by us. We have so many new players. In 2003-2004, when we added 9 new players our record on december 3 was 9-10!Then we dominated the lakers in the playoffs then fisher shot a 0.4sec bs shot and got through. we were better than them.they got man handeled by the pistons. Just give the team time. Additionally,we played great defense for the most part.If we dont have 18 TO we could have kept the celtics under 80 and what more can you ask for.Paul pierce got totally shut down and KG was just hot. Pop knows what he's doing.we shouldnt question his decisions. this is one of the best coaches of all time and with little talent in 07 he won it all. our talent is overwhelming and thats why we will get the WCF.

Reasons we will get to the WCF:
1-Spurs defense is back. We were lacking a rebounder and shot blocker and now we have that in blair. He will be getting the majority of min at PF by the end of the season depending on the match up.He was amazing and showed you what he can do.
2- Manu will be back to his form soon.He showed some gr8 plays today and he will improve. pop will move him to the starting line up and put jefferson on the second unit since he needs to touch the ball more.
3-RJ will find his groove. This guy was ranked 6th best SF f the decade. he can clearly play. He just needs to learn the very complicated spurs system which we viewers wont understand.
4-TP is top 5 pg in the league and can score at will.He just got back from an injury and will be fine.
5-our second unit is the best in the league which has never happened b4.
6-Pop always finds a way.
7-our offense will become really good with so many options.
8- only the lakers in the WC can stop us in a battle.Denver is just hot right now but do you really think they can beat us?who do they have except anthony and billups? Dallas is improved but still we can beat them anyday. they have no answer for tim, parker on manu.
9-TD is still the best PF in the league.
10-Last time we had new players, 2003-2004 we were 9-10 by december 3rd and if it wasnt for a 0.4 sec BS shot that shouldnt have counted we would have won the whole thing.

Spurs will beat Denver and Utah.No need to panic. Instead of wanting to trade RJ and bashing the team, show some support. What kind of fans are you?

Go Spurs!

mexicanjunior
12-04-2009, 02:57 AM
What kind of fans are you?

Realistic ones?

I don't think RJ moving to the 2nd unit is happening anytime soon...

Blake
12-04-2009, 02:59 AM
eh, just 1 game and the Spurs werent going to 60 games any way.

no sleep loss over this one.

murpjf88
12-04-2009, 03:09 AM
I understand everyone is upset about the loss but we shouldn't be.there are alot of positives to be taken from this game. the only reason we lost was our TO which were not a result of gr8 defense by the celtics but rather poor decisions by us. We have so many new players. In 2003-2004, when we added 9 new players our record on december 3 was 9-10!Then we dominated the lakers in the playoffs and won the whole thing. Just give the team time. Additionally,we played great defense for the most part.If we dont have 18 TO we could have kept the celtics under 80 and what more can you ask for.Paul pierce got totally shut down and KG was just hot. Pop knows what he's doing.we shouldnt question his decisions. this is one of the best coaches of all time and with little talent in 07 he won it all. our talent is overwhelming and thats why we will get the WCF.

1-Spurs defense is back. We were lacking a rebounder and shot blocker and now we have that in blair. He will be getting the majority of min at PF by the end of the season depending on the match up.He was amazing and showed you what he can do.
2- Manu will be back to his form soon.He showed some gr8 plays today and he will improve. pop will move him to the starting line up and put jefferson on the second unit since he needs to touch the ball more.
3-RJ will find his groove. This guy was ranked 6th best SF f the decade. he can clearly play. He just needs to learn the very complicated spurs system which we viewers wont understand.
4-TP is top 5 pg in the league and can score at will.He just got back from an injury and will be fine.
8- only the lakers in the WC can stop us in a battle.Denver is just hot right now but do you really think they can beat us?who do they have except anthony and billups? Dallas is improved but still we can beat them anyday. they have no answer for tim, parker on manu.
10-Last time we had new players, 2003-2004 we were 9-10 by december 3rd and won the whole thing. Patience!!

Spurs will beat Denver and Utah.No need to panic. Instead of wanting to trade RJ and bashing the team, show some support. What kind of fans are you?

Go Spurs!

Another dreamer

alfahdlan
12-04-2009, 03:14 AM
during earlier games, manu makes rj looks good. It's either manu get to start or rj joins the second unit for him to be effective. One thing to be positive of; our bench outscored boston's - 40 plus spurs compared to boston's 20 plus points.

Zero_Twilight
12-04-2009, 05:06 AM
I agree with the OP 110%. Don't worry about the shills here. They are pretenders when they talk about the "game."

I'm sure some people are tired of hearing about progress but this was truly a good loss and gives other teams something to ponder.

RJ might not be scoring 20 pts a night but Paul Peirce was limited to 8 points in 37 mins.! Do you fools not remember Peirce going postal on us last year? . If you can't process that into your heads than you are hopeless as far as analyzing a game of basketball.

The team played sloppy for the first half; turnovers, missed free throws, "3 blind mice," leaving Wallace wide open for a 3.....this is natural when you get a break between games. You just can't let it happen against premier teams. Period. 48 mins. and not a second less.

This was by far the most physical game this season and the Spurs handled it well while most teams would fold under the pressure.

Grizzly Blair's habitat is in the post. This kid made my day and got me hoot and hollering with his intensity. Welcome to the NBA rookie!!

Needless to say, I am highly optimistic.

Chillen
12-04-2009, 05:57 AM
The truth is that the Spurs are not 100% quite yet, that is why they turned the ball over in this game so much. Parker, Ginobili are still trying to get back on track after being out with injurys. Duncan looked really good this game. I must say that if the Spurs ever get totally healthy again they could be a dangerous team. The game was pretty close vs the Celtics, one of the NBA's elite teams and the Spurs are obviously still working to get back to full strength, the timing felt off. The turnovers lost this game for SA...

AussieFanKurt
12-04-2009, 07:04 AM
maybe next year

silverblackfan
12-04-2009, 08:03 AM
They turned the ball over a bunch and Manu really had some sloppy passes. He is a competitor, so he managed to get some of those points back, but he was a turnover machine tonight. Once the other players get to know that Manu can pass from ANYWHERE and he gets his groove back, it will be fun to watch. Until then, Blair and Tim seem to be the only guys that can handle the bullet pass from him right now.
As for holding Peirce to 8 points for 37 minutes, that is damn fine defense by RJ. Most of the fans have been wishing for good defense all year (and last year) and now it is happening.
The offense will come.
The LOB will come.

Johnny RIngo
12-04-2009, 08:10 AM
WCF? Not with Jefferson, Bonner, and Mason. Those guys aren't big-time players(they're mentally weak). Trade Bonner/Mason/Finley for a players that's NOT one-dimensional and I could see the Spurs having a shot at the 2nd round...maybe.

antgomez2009
12-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I understand everyone is upset about the loss but we shouldn't be.there are alot of positives to be taken from this game. the only reason we lost was our TO which were not a result of gr8 defense by the celtics but rather poor decisions by us. We have so many new players. In 2003-2004, when we added 9 new players our record on december 3 was 9-10!Then we dominated the lakers in the playoffs and won the whole thing. Just give the team time. Additionally,we played great defense for the most part.If we dont have 18 TO we could have kept the celtics under 80 and what more can you ask for.Paul pierce got totally shut down and KG was just hot. Pop knows what he's doing.we shouldnt question his decisions. this is one of the best coaches of all time and with little talent in 07 he won it all. our talent is overwhelming and thats why we will get the WCF.

10-Last time we had new players, 2003-2004 we were 9-10 by december 3rd and won the whole thing. Patience!!

Go Spurs!

+2....Thats how i felt about this game! People who panicn and are so quick to turn on the spurs are not basketball savvy!!, nor do they respect the Spurs as a Franchise or team for that matter!

Its still early, Boston played great, spurs played under par, yet still had a chance to come out with a win!!....:hat

GrandeDavid
12-04-2009, 10:07 AM
In 2003-04 we got .4'ed.

But I see what you're saying. Its way to early to draw definitive conclusions. I also feel this team will get their act together and I still like their chances at bringing in #5.

Russ
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM
We were lacking a rebounder and shot blocker and now we have that in blair. He will be getting the majority of min at PF by the end of the season depending on the match up.He was amazing and showed you what he can do.

I would love to see a physical relentless post player like Blair against Bynum and Gasol. The Lakers' front line has been manhandling the Spurs lately, but I think they're soft when push comes to shove. Blair's play against the Lakers will be critical (like Malik Rose's was once upon a time).

A great sign last night was the way Blair played against a good team. Lately, our bigs (not named Duncan) have been saving their worst games for showdowns with the best teams -- not this kid. The fact that Blair came up big last night trumps the fact that the Spurs lost a big game because they missed some easy shots (and FTs).:flag:

SpurNation
12-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I suspect the defense will still be top notch...maybe not as good as in year's past but still good enough to compete in the playoffs.

But what plagued the Spurs the most at the end of last year is what's plaguing them now. Lack of enough effective offense.

Hopefully by the middle of the season the team can munster some sort of arsenal without having to depend so much on it's 3 point shooting percentages. Ginobili has been the ONLY Spur player in recent past that can do all of penetrate, pass and/or shoot at a high enough 3 pt %. Other than him doing what he can do when healthy...this offense is stagnated to running a very vanilla type of system that can be easily defended by good teams.

I wish I could share your sentiments...but I feel that until the potency of the offense can be improved without having to depend so heavily on 3pt.%'s...the Spurs won't be a 100% sure thing to the WCF.

Of course...I'm hoping that I be wrong if that's not the case.

Spur|n|Austin
12-04-2009, 10:36 AM

Go Spurs!

No championship in 03-04 buddy.

draft87
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM

Go Spurs!

wait, what? '04????

TJastal
12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree with the OP 110%. Don't worry about the shills here. They are pretenders when they talk about the "game."

I'm sure some people are tired of hearing about progress but this was truly a good loss and gives other teams something to ponder.

RJ might not be scoring 20 pts a night but Paul Peirce was limited to 8 points in 37 mins.! Do you fools not remember Peirce going postal on us last year? . If you can't process that into your heads than you are hopeless as far as analyzing a game of basketball.

The team played sloppy for the first half; turnovers, missed free throws, "3 blind mice," leaving Wallace wide open for a 3.....this is natural when you get a break between games. You just can't let it happen against premier teams. Period. 48 mins. and not a second less.

This was by far the most physical game this season and the Spurs handled it well while most teams would fold under the pressure.

Grizzly Blair's habitat is in the post. This kid made my day and got me hoot and hollering with his intensity. Welcome to the NBA rookie!!

Needless to say, I am highly optimistic.

+1000

Everyone's ranting about RJ but he played great defense on Pierce for most of the game. His offense will come as he finds his niche on the team.

If there's somebody with a legit reason to bitch about, its Bogans. Ray Allen made him look like a D-leaguer last night.

sananspursfan21
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
110% sure :)