PDA

View Full Version : 100K For a HS Football GAME?!?!WTF

3rdCoast
04-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Seriously. A high school football team in Texas is traveling to Ohio to play a game on ESPN later this year. First of all, I think its retarded to go out of state to play, but aside from that, the band and drill teams are trying to raise 100K, yea thats right, 100 thousand dollars in donations so that they can make the trip up to Ohio with the football team. All this so that Texas can be recognized as "NATIONAL POWER IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL".

This shit is getting out of hand now.Seriously.

spurs_2108
04-22-2005, 10:42 AM
What school is this?

Gatita
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Texans act like there isn't pro teams in their state. I never understood the crazy alligance to High School football. Maybe some of these towns don't have anything to be proud of or better to do with their money. I could think of better ways to raise and spend money when it comes to school.

samikeyp
04-22-2005, 03:14 PM
There is nothing wrong with supporting high school football and yes, in a lot of small towns, the football team is a huge source of pride. However, this is wayyy over the line and a huge waste of money. I would have to agree that there are better things that all that money could go to.

SWC Bonfire
04-22-2005, 04:46 PM
...there are better things that all that money could go to.

Yeah, like building new football complexes. People complain a lot about football, but it's the meal ticket for just about every other sport in the State of Texas from Jr. High to Div I. And yes, 100k wouldn't be near enough for a new stadium, but how about renovating athletic facilities?

And yes, team sports are that important.

spurs_2108
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
What is so bad about raising money? A lot of organization raise money to go places. I don't see what Is so wrong about them raising the money to go. Atleast the school did just give them the money. If they did we would then have some thing to talk about. What school was this btw?

E20
04-22-2005, 05:49 PM
De Lasalle HS does that.

mookie2001
04-22-2005, 09:03 PM
you have to think in their currency...
thats only like 3 tahoes