PDA

View Full Version : It's definitely time to panic, or not...

K-State Spur
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Remember how mediocre the 1999, 2003, & 2007 teams started off?

The '05 squad got off to a fast start, but then struggled mightily from mid-December until the first week in February.

And, of those, only the '99 club was introducing anywhere near this many new rotation players.

Yes, I'm sure it gets tiring of hearing people say that it's only December 4. But do you know why so many people say that? Because it's only December 4!

VBM
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I think it'd be hilarious if no fans showed up to the Dec. 5 game against Denver, and sent Holt a letter saying, "It's only Dec. 5...see you in April."

spursfan09
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
No i think the thing is you show up when the team is struggling to show even more support. Otherwise why are you even a fan?

Bender
12-04-2009, 12:00 PM
fans complaint is that there are several other teams making a bigger effort, and playing hungrier, than the spurs, who seem to be kind of cruising along.
Which is kind of what VBM was making a joke about.

EmptyMan
12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I do not understand why people look to the past when there were shitty teams all throughout the league and compare that level to these current seasons.

SpurNation
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
When a team's top two key players make 8 TO's it'll be hard for that team to win no matter if it's December or March.

The rust was obvious coming from this team's 2 most key components to winning against an elite team. I don't think gelling with other members or lack of playing time together accounted for that stat.

So...Why worry right? It's not even Christmas yet and the team is playing to be the best team of 2010 not 2009.

spurspokesman
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
When a team's top two key players make 8 TO's it'll be hard for that team to win no matter if it's December or March.

The rust was obvious coming from this team's 2 most key components to winning against an elite team. I don't think gelling with other members or lack of playing time together accounted for that stat.

So...Why worry right? It's not even Christmas yet and the team is playing to be the best team of 2010 not 2009.
Yup. But many will still pull the wool over there eyes. SAD