PDA

View Full Version : 'Rampage' Jackson says he's coming back to the UFC

dbreiden83080
12-04-2009, 12:57 PM
"Now, I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC & finish my contract. Not because the haters are talking [expletive] about me being scared of Rashad or [Darrill Schoonover] or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans & to shut Rashad's mouth up & shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies & I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape. Hate on dis!"

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/-Rampage-Jackson-says-he-s-coming-back-to-the-U?urn=mma,206725

Hell Yeah Rashad is dead...

http://mmacity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/rampage.jpg

polandprzem
12-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, I do not know if to belive this guy hehe

ATRAIN
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
HELL YESSSSS. A lot of my fav fighters are either washed up, injured, or gone. I still have Anderson kicking ass but other than that with Page gone and Brock on the shelf I had to root for boring fighters like GSP lmao!!! :)

dbreiden83080
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
HELL YESSSSS. A lot of my fav fighters are either washed up, injured, or gone. I still have Anderson kicking ass but other than that with Page gone and Brock on the shelf I had to root for boring fighters like GSP lmao!!! :)

and GSP has basically cleaned out his division.. UFC needs Page and Evans for some pub..

ATRAIN
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
and GSP has basically cleaned out his division.. UFC needs Page and Evans for some pub..

lol

desflood
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not convinced that Rampage is going to totally destroy Rashad.

dbreiden83080
12-04-2009, 01:47 PM
lol

What it's true. I love GSP but nobody cares about him and Hardy..

dbreiden83080
12-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm not convinced that Rampage is going to totally destroy Rashad.

Page might lose but i doubt it. I got Rashad losing to Silva as well. He's never impressed me in really any of his fights. He's still not that far removed from the guy who fought like shit in getting a draw with Tito and stunk out the joint against Bisping in a SD win..

polandprzem
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
What it's true. I love GSP but nobody cares about him and Hardy..

Well I do and I belive many of the Brits

It's like Pudzian would fight Brock ...

dbreiden83080
12-04-2009, 01:55 PM
55K6uk8Wvrg

MannyIsGod
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Haha thats pretty epic.

I started this season hating Rampage but as it went on I liked him more and more.

ATRAIN
12-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Haha thats pretty epic.

I started this season hating Rampage but as it went on I liked him more and more.

he is funny as hell

CubanSucks
12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
55K6uk8Wvrg

"ALL I GOTTA SAY, THEY GONNA BE SOME MORE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!"

Funniest thing I've ever heard. Their rivalry is pretty comical. It reminds me of 2 brothers (actual brothers, not brothas)

dallaskd
12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
"ALL I GOTTA SAY, THEY GONNA BE SOME MORE BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!"

Funniest thing I've ever heard. Their rivalry is pretty comical. It reminds me of 2 brothers (actual brothers, not brothas)

are all of yall white? :lol

CubanSucks
12-04-2009, 07:16 PM

I am but who else are you talking about?

dallaskd
12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Idk.. ive been posting here for long enough, i wanna see who im talking too lol. so i can put a face to the post

CubanSucks
12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
[Darrill Schoonover]

:lmao I'm guessing he called him titties and that's why his name's in brackets

CubanSucks
12-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Idk.. ive been posting here for long enough, i wanna see who im talking too lol. so i can put a face to the post

Naturally I use the image someone may have in their sig or avatar as what they look like. So when I think of dbreiden I automatically imagine him as GSP. :lol

Evan
12-04-2009, 07:23 PM

extremely white

Stringer_Bell
12-05-2009, 01:54 AM
How many matches are left on Rampage's contract? I'd like to see him against Tito for the lulz sometime. He's a better actor trash talking the ring than in actual movies.

"Sugar" Rashad will give Rampage more than a cavity in his big dumb face.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 03:27 AM
How many matches are left on Rampage's contract? I'd like to see him against Tito for the lulz sometime. He's a better actor trash talking the ring than in actual movies.

"Sugar" Rashad will give Rampage more than a cavity in his big dumb face.

I love ya Stringer but Rashad is a bitch and Page will dominate...

polandprzem
12-05-2009, 03:40 AM
The only worry for Rampage would be not being taken down by Rashard ending up in a bad position.
Not saying that Evans standup is bad.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 03:52 AM
The only worry for Rampage would be not being taken down by Rashard ending up in a bad position.
Not saying that Evans standup is bad.

Rashad has 4 problems in the fight with Page

1) He is a small LHW compared to Page

2) Page has a great chin

3) Page has KO power in both hands

4) Rashad is a notorious slow starter..

I expect Page to come out guns blazing looking to end it fast and Rashad not being able to handle the early attack..

polandprzem
12-05-2009, 04:26 AM

:huh

Take a look at the video above

All other points are right on.

djohn14
12-05-2009, 01:50 PM
It was only a matter of time

desflood
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Rashad has 3 problems in the fight with Page:

1) Page has a great chin

2) Page has KO power in both hands

3) Rashad is a notorious slow starter...
These were all reasons Rampage was supposed to beat Forrest as well. Now, Jackson might very well beat Rashad, but Rashad has a pretty good chance of winning for the same reason Griffin did - they are both the more cerebral fighter in the matchup against Jackson. Rampage is a good fighter but he fights instinctively or emotionally, not rationally.

CubanSucks
12-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Fucking hell the more I keep reading about it the more I'm going crazy! I can't fucking wait any longer!!! These 2 were destined to fight :bang:ihit:bang:ihit

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Did you watch TUF? Page towers over Rashad, at about 6'1. Rashad is maybe 5'11 more like 5'10 and he has a middle weight upper body. Rogan has been talking about him fighting at 185 for years, you'd have to cut a leg off Page to get him at 185..

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 03:19 PM

In that video Rashad has a suit and is wearing shoes

Watch this video.

Side by Side at 9 seconds Page is way bigger..

Idkn1Pn_ezQ&feature=player_embedded

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 03:36 PM
These were all reasons Rampage was supposed to beat Forrest as well. Now, Jackson might very well beat Rashad, but Rashad has a pretty good chance of winning for the same reason Griffin did - they are both the more cerebral fighter in the matchup against Jackson. Rampage is a good fighter but he fights instinctively or emotionally, not rationally.

I hear what your saying but IMO Page did beat Forrest and he would have KO'd him had he not got his leg jacked up in RD 2. He hurt Forrest bad in RD 1. Fought him on one leg the rest of the way..

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:24 PM
oh what a shock...he's back

/sarcasm

Here's what really happened imo. Someone made it clear that not only was Rampage in the wrong here...he also likely didn't have enough money saved to retire.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Rampage mistake plus Dana's mouth is what led to the mess though Evan..

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Rampage mistake plus Dana's mouth is what led to the mess though Evan..

Rampages mistake weighs more than Dana's words.

You can't do a season of TUF that leads to a fight in your hometown and then decide to cancel it to make money elsewhere.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Rampages mistake weighs more than Dana's words.

You can't do a season of TUF that leads to a fight in your hometown and then decide to cancel it to make money elsewhere.

50/50 Dana handled it like shit, as he always does with this stuff. Keep quiet, give Page shit in private all you want, but keep it on the DL in public. Page said FU to the UFC after Dana told him one thing and then pissed all over him to the press. As i said earlier Dana makes too much about him, he doesn't get that nobody gives a damn what he thinks.

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
lets not forget the timeline here....damage was already done and over with far before Dana even knew Rampage backed out of the fight.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:51 PM
What do you mean? Page only said he was retiring after Dana ripped him. He wanted a postponement, not a retirement. And do you really blame him that much for making the movie? I think he was wrong but not that wrong. He didn't know he was getting the role when he agreed to do TUF and it is a big oppurtunity.. It's not like he pulled a Randy Couture on the UFC refusing to honor his contract and demanding to fight elsewhere..

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I mean I am not defending Dana here...I hate how he publicly talks about some fighters but words are irrelevant when Rampage disregards and entire season of TUF and a fight set up in his hometown...for him...

Rashad got fucked over
UFC got fucked over
Fans got fucked over

Dana just said words. And the words were said way after everyone was already fucked over.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I mean I am not defending Dana here...I hate how he publicly talks about some fighters but words are irrelevant when Rampage disregards and entire season of TUF and a fight set up in his hometown...for him...

Rashad got fucked over
UFC got fucked over
Fans got fucked over

Dana just said words. And the words were said way after everyone was already fucked over.

You're only fucked over if the fight is off for good though and that was never going to be the case. This only got ugly after Dana mouthed off, everything could have been worked out behind the scenes..

And i think TUF is more about the guys in the house than the coaches fighting anyway..

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
What do you mean? Page only said he was retiring after Dana ripped him. He wanted a postponement, not a retirement. And do you really blame him that much for making the movie? I think he was wrong but not that wrong. He didn't know he was getting the role when he agreed to do TUF and it is a big oppurtunity.. It's not like he pulled a Randy Couture on the UFC refusing to honor his contract and demanding to fight elsewhere..

I'm talking about canceling the fight...I never took retirement talk seriously.

Yes I can blame him...this isn't simply backing out of a fight...he backed out of a fight that had an entire TV built up for it and was located in his hometown. It was the main event...not just some random co-main in Vegas.

Evan
12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
And i think TUF is more about the guys in the house than the coaches fighting anyway..

50/50

And do you realize how much Rashad is going to lose on this from the PPV percentage?

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm talking about canceling the fight...I never took retirement talk seriously.

Yes I can blame him...this isn't simply backing out of a fight...he backed out of a fight that had an entire TV built up for it and was located in his hometown. It was the main event...not just some random co-main in Vegas.

For a once in a lifetime shot in a big budget movie that if it's a hit means maybe a 2nd career for him. You can blame him but keep it in perspective, again he wanted a postponement, Dana led to the retirement..

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
50/50

And do you realize how much Rashad is going to lose on this from the PPV percentage?

He'll lose nothing, they are going to fight..

Evan
12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
For a once in a lifetime shot in a big budget movie that if it's a hit means maybe a 2nd career for him. You can blame him but keep it in perspective, again he wanted a postponement, Dana led to the retirement..

you can't postpone a fight in an arena where you have a contract with and TUF had already been filmed. Why the hell would the UFC postpone that? It kills all momentum that had been built up.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
you can't postpone a fight in an arena where you have a contract with and TUF had already been filmed. Why the hell would the UFC postpone that? It kills all momentum that had been built up.

Evan fights get postponed because of injuries all the time.. And they still will fight and if Rashad gets bye Silva, the Page fight will be even bigger..

Evan
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
He'll lose nothing, they are going to fight..

Your missing the connection here between the TUF coaches and the main event it brings.

all the momentum from the TUF build up is gone. all that potential money is gone...all the hype is wasted.

this is rashad evans not chuck....it takes so much for rashad evans to get that much attention.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Your missing the connection here between the TUF coaches and the main event it brings.

all the momentum from the TUF build up is gone. all that potential money is gone...all the hype is wasted.

How is it wasted when Page is back and they are going to fight? The fight will be even bigger now, i guarantee you..

Evan
12-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Evan fights get postponed because of injuries all the time.. And they still will fight and if Rashad gets bye Silva, the Page fight will be even bigger..

this isn't an injury...this was everything being built around rampage and him pulling out.

Look honestly I don't care that much. I'll still watch Rampage fight but the fact is he screwed up big time here before Dana said a word.

Timeline

Rampaged asked Dana if he could postpone > Dana told him no we signed at an arena in your home and we also already filmed TUF > Rampage agreed to still fight > Rampage 2 weeks later changed him mind and nobody told Dana or Rashad

Evan
12-05-2009, 05:08 PM
How is it wasted when Page is back and they are going to fight? The fight will be even bigger now, i guarantee you..

brother...I already explained it. Hype from the show.

And who knows if they are going to fight. That contract is gone...Rashad is fighting someone else now....if they do fight it will be like 8 months after TUF has aired. Who knows what can happened between now and then. You know 6 months in MMA is like a decade of news and craziness.

Evan
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
whew....I gotta run...good debate as always DB!

have a good weekend. I'll respond to whatever else you say tomorrow ok?

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 05:12 PM
whew....I gotta run...good debate as always DB!

have a good weekend. I'll respond to whatever else you say tomorrow ok?

I had one more but never mind, good debate Evan

Enjoy the fights.. :toast

desflood
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM
oh what a shock...he's back

/sarcasm

Here's what really happened imo. Someone made it clear that not only was Rampage in the wrong here...he also likely didn't have enough money saved to retire.
I'd be willing to bet the farm Dana threatened to sue Rampage for breach of contract - we'd be talking multi-millions. He'd win, too.

Any other season I might agree with you, but this season was definitely all about Jackson and Evans.

Oh, and there was something about some Slice guy, too.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I'd be willing to bet the farm Dana threatened to sue Rampage for breach of contract - we'd be talking multi-millions. He'd win, too.

For that one fight he backed out of maybe but not for retiring. Randy tried to fight elsewhere when still actually under contract..

polandprzem
12-06-2009, 04:31 AM
In that video Rashad has a suit and is wearing shoes

I havent noticed that he was wearing suit and shoes :rolleyes

You gonna argue about every little thing?

Rampage is not 'that' bigger to make it a factor in this fight.

The TroutBum
12-06-2009, 06:25 AM

I'm blacker than Toby's ass hole.

Avitus1
12-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Figures.

dbreiden83080
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I havent noticed that he was wearing suit and shoes :rolleyes

You gonna argue about every little thing?

Rampage is not 'that' bigger to make it a factor in this fight.

Poland i'm just saying it is a fact Shad is a small LHW. Rogan has been talking about it for years. If you watched the show you saw him smaller than Page by a lot every time they squared off. I guarantee you there is like 15 pds difference in their walking around weights..

polandprzem
12-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Rashad has 4 problems in the fight with Page

I just do not consider it a problem for Rashad