PDA

View Full Version : Company Christmas Parties

JudynTX
12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Every year, the food selection goes downhill. This year is no different. :td Tamales, chips/salsa, fruit, hot chocolate and tiny cupcakes. :rolleyes

Thank goodness the company my husband works for has better parties than we do. :toast

Suicidal Jack
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Some people don't even have jobs, much less company parties. :depressed

SpursStalker
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM

LMAO

oooooooooo what a come back!!

Crookshanks
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah - our Christmas "Party" is going to be a bunch of people crying two weeks from today because that's the date our jobs end. :cry

ploto
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
A lot of places aren't even having parties.

mrsmaalox
12-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I party 24/7 at my job :toast

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah - our Christmas "Party" is going to be a bunch of people crying two weeks from today because that's the date our jobs end. :cry

Oh damn. That's right. Have you found anything yet?

JudynTX
Ok........so this thread wasn't a good idea. :(

Sorry for all of you who are jobless.

SpursStalker
Every year, the food selection goes downhill. This year is no different. :td Tamales, (stale)chips/(watered down)salsa, (brown)fruit, (cold)hot chocolate and tiny (hard) cupcakes. :rolleyes

Fixed

:lol

Crookshanks
12-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh damn. That's right. Have you found anything yet?
Not yet - but hey, the Obama Administration is saying the worst is over so I should be good to go - right? :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Yeah. I was gonna say that.

Höfner
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Then don't eat them you ingrate.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Not yet - but hey, the Obama Administration is saying the worst is over so I should be good to go - right? :rolleyes

Well keep your chin up. When you're down in the dumps just remember........

YES YOU CAN!!!!

SpursStalker
12-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Sorry for all of you who are jobless.

I think it was a fantastic idea ... are you suppose to know which and how many people don't have jobs?

:rolleyes

You're talking about Christmas parties, not people who don't have jobs

Crookshanks
12-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I think it was a fantastic idea ... are you suppose to know which and how many people don't have jobs?

:rolleyes

You're talking about Christmas parties, not people who don't have jobs
Although I'm one of those who will be out of work soon, I agree with SpursStalker. I've been to some pretty lame Company Parties - and the ones that were the worst were the ones where co-workers got totally smashed and made fools of themselves. Kinda hard to respect someone after that!

austN Spur
12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
some people don't even have jobs, much less company parties. :depressed
+1

i shouldve read the preview bcuz i thought it was going to be a funny story about a coworker drunk or a costanza story

SpursStalker
12-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Although I'm one of those who will be out of work soon, I agree with SpursStalker. I've been to some pretty lame Company Parties - and the ones that were the worst were the ones where co-workers got totally smashed and made fools of themselves. Kinda hard to respect someone after that!

I'm sorry that you're gonna be out of work, that totally sucks and I do hope you find something soon.

Christmas parties are hilarious and some of the stories can be shocking!

TwAnKiEs
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Cant wait for mine...... Good looking HR and customer service girls getting tipsy.... I love my job :D

Strike
12-04-2009, 05:03 PM
The HR guy at my store puts together a "dinner" in the break room for employees on Christmas Eve. Trouble is, most people are too busy to be able to take a break to enjoy it. No party with booze, though. I'd get a kick out of seeing some of my coworkers getting tanked and acting like fools. I'd take pictures.

Ginofan
12-04-2009, 05:04 PM
We usually have pretty decent Christmas parties, until about two years ago when people went psycho ordering drink after drink and racked up a $3000 bar bill....Now we are limited to 2 each.

jack sommerset
12-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Company x-mas parties generally suck. Buy them lunch, give them some days off and give them as much bonus as you can! Everything else is just for show. And if there is booze at the party, someone always will make a complete ass out of themselves.

katyon6th
12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
We usually have pretty decent Christmas parties, until about two years ago when people went psycho ordering drink after drink and racked up a $3000 bar bill....Now we are limited to 2 each.

That's why you take me to your Christmas party and not Matthew.

The Gemini Method
12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Normally I would enjoy my work's Xmas party, but they're hosting it during our monthly staff meeting next week (Dec. 11th) I don't know, but I really don't want to hear about my job when I'm trying to enjoy a holiday party. Also, there will not be any alcohol allowed at said party. It is almost enough to have me call in on that day and throw my own Xmas party.

J.T.
12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Buy a gram of crystal LSD, grind it up and mix it into the punch. That'll run you about $125,000 but CosmicCowboy can help you with some of the overhead. It'll be the most fun Christmas party ever.

If you're on a budget, space cake (weed brownies) is a good alternative. I made space cake around 4th of July at my father's house and my grandfather ate the last two without knowing there was weed in them. I'm sure he just thought his vicodin was extra strong that day.

word
12-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Every year, the food selection goes downhill. This year is no different. :td Tamales, chips/salsa, fruit, hot chocolate and tiny cupcakes. :rolleyes

Thank goodness the company my husband works for has better parties than we do. :toast

Yes but the pussy is sometimes pretty good.

word
12-04-2009, 05:27 PM
well, not for you but you know what I mean .... people mingle.

MiamiHeat
12-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Christmas parties are great to sleep with lonely women at x-mas time.

Bosses have a playground

Ginofan
12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
That's why you take me to your Christmas party and not Matthew.

lol Matthew doesn't even use his two allotted drinks....I steal them!

Crookshanks
12-04-2009, 05:53 PM
When I was still in San Antonio, I worked for Spectrum Athletic Clubs. Our marketing people always planned the parties and they couldn't just have a traditional Christmas Party. They had to have a theme party - and the year I was there they decided to make it an 80's theme. :vomit: Most of the employees were born in the 80's, so they thought it would be cool. Me - I lived thru the 80's and it was crappy the first time around - I really didn't want to re-live it. Luckily, I had out-of-town relatives coming in and had an excuse to miss the party.

I heard there were guys who came dressed as Richard Simmons! :wow :lol

And they had it in an old warehouse that used to be a club but had closed down. They had to get a special certificate of occupancy just to hold the party there. They also only had about 15 chairs and no tables - and the food was little corn dogs and tater tots! How lame is that? :rollin