PDA

View Full Version : Wow, the negativity on this board is sickening.

dochay
12-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Everyone knows Manu and Duncan came in out of shape. Parker, Duncan and Ginobli have had nagging injuries, Blair, Bogans, Jefferson and Mcdyes are adjusting to a new system. Does it really not make sense that the Spurs are not playing great basketball?
Playing Boston who is one season removed from winning it all close and playing badly while doing it is a positive to me. Just imagine when everyone gets on the same page, healthy and in playing form.

Chieflion
12-04-2009, 11:11 PM
It is the bipolar syndrome. Just ask Delonte West, he knows plenty of it. Some are trolls. I see you are new. Just join the bipolar church and have fun. When the Spurs win, you would think these guys won first prize in the lottery.

Cry Havoc
12-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Welcome to every Spurs season since basically DRob left the team.

murpjf88
12-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Everyone knows Manu and Duncan came in out of shape. Parker, Duncan and Ginobli have had nagging injuries, Blair, Bogans, Jefferson and Mcdyes are adjusting to a new system. Does it really not make sense that the Spurs are not playing great basketball?
Playing Boston who is one season removed from winning it all close and playing badly while doing it is a positive to me. Just imagine when everyone gets on the same page, healthy and in playing form.

Boston came into this season with several new acquisitions. They also had health issues to start the season. KG is still only at 70% healthy. They don't seem to be struggling..

Dex
12-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Par the course. It's just like clockwork around here.

October - set clocks back
November - Spurstalk Meltdown
January - Spurs begin turnaround after several chemistry experiments
March - key loss to rival opponent, Spurstalk Meltdown
April - SPAM

mookie2001
12-04-2009, 11:59 PM

dochay i will ban you so super fast.

duhoh
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Boston came into this season with several new acquisitions. They also had health issues to start the season. KG is still only at 70% healthy. They don't seem to be struggling..

Please. Boston's only big acquisition was wallace.
The other guys hav a super small role.

Half of our roster has been redone.

murpjf88
12-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Please. Boston's only big acquisition was wallace.
The other guys hav a super small role.

Half of our roster has been redone.

Well, by half the roster, you mean four players right. By the way Marquis Daniels fills an important role off the bench for boston.

Parker2112
12-05-2009, 01:16 AM

STFU already. Really. Learn something about the game, and quit complaining after our defense played their ass off. If you know anything about Spurs basketball, you know we don't give a fuck about early seasons wins. We want defense. Your not the only one whining like a bitch, but you just came up on my screen first, and I'm getting very tired of your kind. Now, STFU, GTFO, or prepare to be called out, along with the other bitchy little fans...

Parker2112
12-05-2009, 01:19 AM
If you are so fucking impressed with boston, buy a KG jersey and change your allegiance trick.

Cry Havoc
12-05-2009, 01:19 AM

FkLA
12-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Agree the Spurs have some weak ass fans. Theyre ready to trade everyone and jump off a cliff after losses yet once the Spurs do well theyre supposedly the biggest Spurs fans and the ones going out and talking the most shit to other fans...get the fuck out mothafuckers yall dont even deserve to root for a team like the Spurs. Go root for Boston or LA or whatever other team is rolling.

murpjf88
12-05-2009, 02:14 AM
STFU already. Really. Learn something about the game, and quit complaining after our defense played their ass off. If you know anything about Spurs basketball, you know we don't give a fuck about early seasons wins. We want defense. Your not the only one whining like a bitch, but you just came up on my screen first, and I'm getting very tired of your kind. Now, STFU, GTFO, or prepare to be called out, along with the other bitchy little fans...

If you are so fucking impressed with boston, buy a KG jersey and change your allegiance trick.

Some people in this forum are just blinded by ignorance and stupidity. Boston missed wide open shots all night long. The defense was very sporadic. When you wake from your coma dreaming how the spurs are going to magically appear in the nba finals after coasting through the first three months of the season, keep this in mind. Duncan has lost a step, Parker is inclined to get worse as the season progresses thanks to IB, and manu seems to be damaged goods. Don't expect this team to turn on the gas in march and april, after spending the better part of three months stuck in nuetral.
The spurs are three years removed from their glory days, and the league has gotten a lot more competitive.

z0sa
12-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Negativity following a loss must be expected. It's a sad state of affairs, I agree, but it seems little will change it other than Tim's retirement. Which will mark the end of many a posters' log in here, perhaps for the better?

FkLA
12-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Some people in this forum are just blinded by ignorance and stupidity. Boston missed wide open shots all night long. The defense was very sporadic. When you wake from your coma dreaming how the spurs are going to magically appear in the nba finals after coasting through the first three months of the season, keep this in mind. Duncan has lost a step, Parker is inclined to get worse as the season progresses thanks to IB, and manu seems to be damaged goods. Don't expect this team to turn on the gas in march and april, after spending the better part of three months stuck in nuetral.
The spurs are three years removed from their glory days, and the league has gotten a lot more competitive.

Yeah, and the I guess that can be said for every single opponent for the Spurs the last few weeks? Spurs have nothing to do with the improved defense its just other teams missing shots right. Get the fuck out man, if theres one bright spot even through the losses the last two weeks or so its been the defense. Its like youre basically rooting against and refusing to even be remotely positive about a team youre supposedly a fan of...this team doesnt need fans like you. Yet Im sure if the Spurs end up turning it around youll be beating your chest after every win and claiming how big of a Spurs fan you are.

Go root for another team and save yourself the hassle.

murpjf88
12-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Yeah, and the I guess that can be said for every single opponent for the Spurs the last few weeks? Spurs have nothing to do with the improved defense its just other teams missing shots right. Get the fuck out man, if theres one bright spot even through the losses the last two weeks or so its been the defense. Its like youre basically rooting against and refusing to even be remotely positive about a team youre supposedly a fan of...this team doesnt need fans like you. Yet Im sure if the Spurs end up turning it around youll be beating your chest after every win and claiming how big of a Spurs fan you are.

During that five game winning streak, the defense was sporadic. those were five games they were suppose to win. The majority of those teams had serious injury problems. But then again, you probably didn't watch the games.

Zero_Twilight
12-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Stop giving the negative posters attention. They're here to post their crap and drain your energy, it's such a waste of time and it sucks to see them in good threads, I know, but let them be who they are..

P.S. This murp poster is NOT a Spur's fan. Look at her post history, proof is in the pudding.

mytespurs
12-05-2009, 03:37 AM

But....they play in a weak divison and in a weaker conference. :hat

And I believe they struggled for awhile during this season. Some would argue that Boston is not playing upto their potential yet.

pjjrfan
12-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Blame it on Pop. He's been doing this for a while now, he starts the year with lineup changes, makes moves, changes lineups according to whose on floor for the other team and he'll continue to this at least until the all-star break. After that he will settle on his rotations and for the most part this team responds and has a good second half last year being the exception with no Manu and then Timmy getting that nagging knee injury. In the meantime yeah, we kinda tend to go beserk, I know I do.

Chomag
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Kind of like when people say "We just didn't hit our shots"?

duhoh
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, by half the roster, you mean four players right. By the way Marquis Daniels fills an important role off the bench for boston.

marquis daniels? he's a scrub. any basketball fan knows this. he's not important at all. they would be fine with or without. case closed. :nope

EmptyMan
12-05-2009, 01:47 PM
With the Spurs it is Championship or Failure. That's it.

That is why the negativity exists. It is frustrating to see the Spurs STILL have the same weaknesses when they have filled in the gaps with so many new talented players.

angelbelow
12-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Agreed. But the world is balanced. Without negative people there are no winners.

lennyalderette
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
yeah i noticed the more i come here after losses, i get more depressed about our season and when i dont read some of these boards, i feel alot better about our next game!! you try and be positive but people just really want to hate their team

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-05-2009, 03:58 PM
It's called Spurstalk.com. Not Spurscheerleadinghomers.com

If you don't like critical discussion of the team, find another site.

Chomag
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM

I actualy keep making sure I'm not on Spursreport.com. It's getting so hard to tell.

TinTin
12-05-2009, 05:58 PM

I wouldn't really call some of the topics made after our loss a critical discussion

On another note, I do see this team making the playoffs but wcf or a championship seems a little bleak:lol

in2deep
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I propose we create a thread with the names of the ppl that quit on the team in december. we can bump this thread in june

good idea?

in2deep
12-05-2009, 06:02 PM

:lol

VBM
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I propose we create a thread with the names of the ppl that quit on the team in december. we can bump this thread in june

good idea?

I do like the accountability factor...although that thread would be void if the Spurs make a move at the trading deadline...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Welcome to every Spurs season since basically DRob left the team.

It's been a LOT worse since 2007.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 09:52 PM

good idea?

Good idea, except it should be December and before, because a lot of people were lemmings before 10 games played! :lmao

Those guilty of cliffjumping should be "purpled" - it's like pinked, except you get it for being an impatient, bandwagon douchebag rather than bad forum behaviour. ;)

TinTin
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Aren't the purples laker fans already

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Aren't the purples laker fans already

Exactly! Faker fans = mostly bandwagoner douches.

Spurs fan cliffjumpers = as bad as Faker fans.

Thus, PURPLE.

;)

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2009, 06:16 AM

Too right.
There's going to be a range of opinions, how could there not be, and why shouldn't there be?

It's interesting to note that it's always the so-called "positive" posters who are the most intolerant and do the most whining about others.

Kamnik
12-06-2009, 06:40 AM
True Spurs fans are not worried...

Mal
12-06-2009, 06:47 AM
True Spurs fans are not worried...

What you mean by that ? It` almost 20 games this season, and Spurs are looking terrible. There is no progress in their games. Why I shouldn`t be worried about that ? "because it`s december ?" I `m not buying it.

senorglory
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Some people in this forum are just blinded by ignorance and stupidity.

You've proven that beyond any doubt, with each and every one of your posts today.

senorglory
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
blame it on pop. He's been doing this for a while now, he starts the year with lineup changes, makes moves, changes lineups according to whose on floor for the other team and he'll continue to this at least until the all-star break. After that he will settle on his rotations and for the most part this team responds and has a good second half last year being the exception with no manu and then timmy getting that nagging knee injury. In the meantime yeah, we kinda tend to go beserk, i know i do.

+1.

KaiRMD1
12-07-2009, 03:36 AM
It's still early. Besides, Spurs have always had a problem with turnovers. Ya know, it could also be that the defense of the other team was just better?
Either, Spurs need to truly address this problem because I can see some of the guys on the team giving up down the line in games.

Kamnik
12-07-2009, 05:51 AM
What you mean by that ? It` almost 20 games this season, and Spurs are looking terrible. There is no progress in their games. Why I shouldn`t be worried about that ? "because it`s december ?" I `m not buying it.

1. We have more talent on the rooster than in years... by far

2. There were no major injuries (only small one that also result in a few wins less)

3. Popovich doesn't force wins by playing some players too much to achieve them

They WILL turn this around, no doubt about it! (except injuries strike)

stealthjbravo
12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
i propose we create a thread with the names of the ppl that quit on the team in december. We can bump this thread in june

good idea?

+1 :d

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 11:07 AM
1. We have more talent on the rooster than in years... by far

2. There were no major injuries (only small one that also result in a few wins less)

3. Popovich doesn't force wins by playing some players too much to achieve them

They WILL turn this around, no doubt about it! (except injuries strike)
What rooster? The one in your stomach that you ate yesterday?:hat

rascal
12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Too right.
There's going to be a range of opinions, how could there not be, and why shouldn't there be?

It's interesting to note that it's always the so-called "positive" posters who are the most intolerant and do the most whining about others.

Good post. I see more complaining about others from the so called positive posters also.

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 12:46 PM

But the core is the same:
Allen, GarNOTT, Perkins, Rondo and Pierce all have been starting in this system for 3 yrs now

Look at our starters: Duncan, Parker, JEFFERSON, BOGANS, MCDYESS....hmmm....see the difference you negative fuck?:bang

rascal
12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Go ahead and bump this in June. Put me on that list.

The spurs will not win a title this year unless they get a top frontline contributor before the trade deadline and the lakers are hit with injuries.

Both of those things must happen for a title this year.

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
What rooster? The one in your stomach that you ate yesterday?:hat

Nope this one ----> http://static.flickr.com/35/96423041_bba9ed6793.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTbx8PkR5LN9oAdFejzbkF/SIG=125qk9vl5/EXP=1260380815/**http%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/loritingey/96423041/)

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM

good idea?

:toast I am ALLLLLL for it!

murpjf88
12-08-2009, 01:17 PM
But the core is the same:
Allen, GarNOTT, Perkins, Rondo and Pierce all have been starting in this system for 3 yrs now

Look at our starters: Duncan, Parker, JEFFERSON, BOGANS, MCDYESS....hmmm....see the difference you negative fuck?:bang

Except in garNOTT's, and allen's first year, boston went 66-16. So much for chemistry issues. So much for taking time to adjust.

... Give my regards to the bearded lady.

Walton Buys Off Me
12-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I think the negativity goes hand-in-hand with two elements that are intimately linked;

1. History
2. Expectations

The Spurs have been the most decorated franchise in professional sports over the last decade. We have a higher winning percentage than any team, in any major sport since 1999. That’s pretty cool. However, because of that, fans are now very spoiled. One loss and we act like Kanye West at the MTV awards. Compounding this reality is that our front office spent a truckload of money this offseason to field a team that many league insiders picked to dethrone the Lakers. The expectations were so high that Gregg Popovich joked (or did he?) about being fired should the team not win a championship.

People need to remember that no sports team ever won a championship in the first leg of their seasons. We're not even a quarter through the 09-10 campaign and people in the media and this board are ready to crucify Pop, throw Tony into a pit of fire, proclaim Duncan as dead and ship Ginobili to the Nets (my new metaphor for oblivion).

In reality, the Spurs have got progressively better over the last 2 weeks and were in every game during their current three game losing streak. All three games were decided in the final 2 minutes.

These are good signs. Great signs. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Hell, Tiger was banging ass for 31 months before being caught. It’s a process people. Like Bruno figuring out a toaster.

Talk to any coach, teacher, executive or analyst- it's immensely beneficial to start slow and finish strong rather than vice versa.

The Spurs will be fine. I'm not saying they're a shoe in for the title- no team is. The Saints and Colts aren’t guaranteed to face each other in the Super Bowl and they’re both 12-0. Nothing comes easy in the salary cap world but San Antonio will be a force to reckon with down the stretch if they remain healthy.

-Walton

VBM
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Just have to hope for a 1994-1995 Rockets-type season. Duncan, start working on your Dream Shake...

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
:wow....Must.Find.Cliff......

Ha.

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hypnotized minds.

VBM
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Hypnotized minds.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/m_936b5220e39f430b552c642e7b222cdb.jpg

SpursWench21
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
+1 to waltons post. it feels like one of those funky early season stretches. Dont they always turn out ok? Improving Defense > record...for now, in my opinion. The rest will come.