PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog: 5th Dec - Nuggets @ Spurs (8:30pm EST)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-05-2009, 02:38 AM
:toast Good luck to your team. Here's hoping to an injury free and tough game :toast

I won't be here to chat in the game blog, but i will pop in later on to offer my congratulations/condolences either way :toast

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 02:39 AM
That is some sportsmanship there. Good luck to your Nuggets too. Win or lose, no hard feelings.

z0sa
12-05-2009, 02:42 AM
+1 for no injuries and a well fought game

Go Spurs!

ezau
12-05-2009, 02:54 AM
:toast Good luck to your team. Here's hoping to an injury free and tough game :toast

I won't be here to chat in the game blog, but i will pop in later on to offer my congratulations/condolences either way :toast

Thanks! Good luck to both teams! :toast

duncan228
12-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Sorry you won't be with us NuGGeTs-FaN.

mytespurs
12-05-2009, 03:44 AM
That is some sportsmanship there. Good luck to your Nuggets too. Win or lose, no hard feelings.

not even to gloat??!! :lol

Just yanking the chain a bit Nuggets fan....no smack intended....best of luck to your team tomorrow. Should be a good one........

Muser
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
RJ shut down Pierce last game, wonder how he'll be against Melo.

VBM
12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Looking forward to the Martin - Blair matchup...

benefactor
12-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Looking forward to the Martin - Blair matchup...
I hope Blair punks him. Martin is almost as annoying as KG.

VBM
12-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I hope Blair punks him. Martin is almost as annoying as KG.

Maybe he'll knock that little Tourettes clicking noise out of Martin (swear I can't listen to his interviews without chuckling...)

urunobili
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM

:lmao

mods still let her open the game blogs... each time she does that we lose... :nope

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-05-2009, 11:49 AM
looking forward george hill making ty lawson his bitch

DPG21920
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Nuggets-Fan is one cool customer :smokin

SamoanTD
12-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I like the spurs chances against the nuggets but i expect a grind or a game like boston where we chase them and make it tight at the end.

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
:danceclub

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Only just over 5 hours to go till game time. Since it's the 5th December, here are 5 matchups that will be interesting to see in tonight's game -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Duncan vs Nene - (The Big Fundamental vs the Brazilian) - Nene has been playing solid this season and is really developing a nice inside game to go with his always improving touch from further out. His defense is constantly improving and we have seen him do a good job on Duncan down low. He has the speed and strength to cause match up problems for Duncan.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Duncan's initials are TD. The man could drop a TD on your team without you even knowing he is on the court. If he gets going inside early and the Spurs continue to feed him, then the Nuggets will be forced to double him, opening it up for the outside bombs.

With this matchup id have to give the advantage to Duncan. He is rested, at home and looking to lead the team back after a loss.
2. RJ vs Melo - Melo has been playing lights out this season but still has streaks where his selfish one on one style can cause him to have 2/12 nights if he isn't on. If Melo gets in the paint early, it will open up his outside game and if his outside game is on as well, then it's pretty much lights out unless the Spurs want to commit 2 or sometimes even 3 defenders to him.

From what i see, RJ is an enigma this season. He will have a heck of a time defending Melo tonight, assuming Pop doesn't have a brain fart and try and use 6'5 Bogans to defend Melo. RJ just has to play Melo as physical as possible without getting called every time, it is the only way to try and get Melo off his game. On the offensive end, RJ needs to attack (although i know its tough with TD clogging the lane) coz Melo still isn't the best defender and can sometimes commit stupid fouls. Be warned though RJ, if you drive into the Bird's nest, you better be ready to see your stuff sent back to the Alamo era.

Advantage - Melo
3. JR vs Manu - Two of the best 6th men will surely go head to head at some point in the game. JR has been his usual self this season. He has played some A+++ basketball at times and played great D on people like Kobe and Wade, and at other times he has caused me to want to stick forks in my eyes ( you get the idea). He has to start the game by attacking and getting to the rim, then bomb it from outside, not the other way around.

Manu always annoys the Nuggets coz he shows up against them. I could see him causing more headaches than anyone else tonight. I think he will be guarded by JR and Afflalo at times. I am not sure what Manu's D has been like this season, but it is a tough ask for him to slow JR if he is ballin', better leave it to Bogans,

Advantage - Manu
4. Blair vs Andersen - Beast vs Bird - Two guys who bring more energy and hype to their respective teams than Richard Simmons brings to fat people. These guys will do the dirty work and it won't show up on the stat sheets, but the coaches know what they do and the fans appreciate it as well.

No advantage for either here. Just two hardcore guys going to work.

5. Parker vs Billups - I am curious to see who guards each of the Point Guards to start the game. Not sure if they will guard each other, or if the opposing coaches might see if their defensive minded shooting guards can contain the point guards. I think AA will defend RJ or Parker, obviously he would have trouble staying in front of Parker but his length may bother him.

Billups frustrates Nuggets fans just like Parker frustrates Spurs fans. One night they can look like the best point guards in the league, and then the next night they can look like they have been possessed by the ghost of Jason Hart.

This matchup is also tough one to call. Id give the nod to Parker if he shows up and scores in the lane at will.

Overall, i think the Spurs squeak out a close one at home.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Please remember the above analysis is coming from a fella who gets to see only about 5 Nuggets games a season and only about 2 Spurs games a season :lol

I have pretty much just followed the Nuggets via pbp on ESPN for many years.

Spurlady
12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
2. RJ vs Melo - Melo has been playing lights out this season but still has streaks where his selfish one on one style can cause him to have 2/12 nights if he isn't on. If Melo gets in the paint early, it will open up his outside game and if his outside game is on as well, then it's pretty much lights out unless the Spurs want to commit 2 or sometimes even 3 defenders to him.

From what i see, RJ is an enigma this season. He will have a heck of a time defending Melo tonight, assuming Pop doesn't have a brain fart and try and use 6'5 Bogans to defend Melo. RJ just has to play Melo as physical as possible without getting called every time, it is the only way to try and get Melo off his game. On the offensive end, RJ needs to attack (although i know its tough with TD clogging the lane) coz Melo still isn't the best defender and can sometimes commit stupid fouls. Be warned though RJ, if you drive into the Bird's nest, you better be ready to see your stuff sent back to the Alamo era.

Advantage - Melo

If RJ is having trouble with Carmelo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill on him. Yes there is a big height difference, but Hill did a pretty good job slowing down (not shutting dow) Durant earlier this season

crc21209
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Spurs gotta bounce back tonight...a win against the Nuggets would be huge for their confidence after the let down against Boston the other night.

TIMMYD!
12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I have a good feeling about this one. :king

EP Money Man
12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I have a good feeling about this one. :king

Yeah, no disrespect to Nuggets Fan and melo is beastin this year BUT.....:flag: I just have a gut feeling that Spurs are gonna pull this one out. Especially after all the turnovers/mistakes in the loss to Celts.

Hopefully we play focused this game.

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Spurs take this one as long as we keep melo semi-under control (don't wanna see a 35+ game at all)

slick'81
12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
GOspursGO that is all :lobt2:

boutons_deux
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Will the Spurs actually try to win tonight?

Show any aggresssion, energy, seriousness, focus?

3 months from April, ya never know.

silverblackfan
12-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I would like to the see the starters hold their own on the score tonight. I want to see the lead increase when the bench comes in. Good defense and play with pride.
Oh, and one more thing Santa, I want everyone to stay healthy.

12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
unlike the boston game, this will be a legitimate measuring stick to see where the spurs are at. if they get blown out by the nuggets at home, it will be a troubling sign that the spurs can't even keep up with the second tier teams.

slick'81
12-05-2009, 07:18 PM
unlike the boston game, this will be a legitimate measuring stick to see where the spurs are at. if they get blown out by the nuggets at home, it will be a troubling sign that the spurs can't even keep up with the second tier teams.

i wouldnt call denver a 2nd tier team they were a wcf finalist last season

but yes a tough test albeit at home indeed

12-05-2009, 07:26 PM

i would only put boston in the lakers in the top tier right now because they would pretty much be the favorites against every team except each other. magic is kind of stuck between the top and the second tier. and the rest: hawks, mavs, nuggets, spurs, and maybe the suns and blazers all currently belong a step lower than them.

TD 21
12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I had a good feeling going into the Celtics game and I have a bad feeling going into the Nuggets game. Hopefully, the result will be the opposite of my gut feeling again.

The Spurs will have a good chance to win this game if Pop stops treating games against elite teams as if it's the preseason and playing myriad wacky combination's that have no chance of being used or of being effective come playoff time.

Tonight, Finley and Ratliff should be benched, here's why: Bogans should come off the bench and Mason should start at SG. Afflalo is a non offensive threat and Mason will offer more shooting/scoring punch. Bogans can be used as the backup SF, because I'd rather his strength and bulldog tenacity on Anthony over anyone not named Jefferson on the Spurs. This renders Finley useless and allows Ginobili/Mason, with possibly some Hill, to primarily share the SG minutes. As for Ratliff, the Nuggets don't have the biggest front line. Between Duncan and McDyess, with possibly some Blair, the Spurs should be just fine guarding Nene. Martin and Anderson in particular aren't major offensive threats and neither should be a serious problem in the post.

Assuming it's close throughout, the rotation should look like this.

Starters: PF- Duncan (36-40), SF- Jefferson (36-42), C- McDyess (26-32), SG- Mason (15-20), PG- Parker (36-40)

Bench: SG- Ginobili (26-32), PF- Bonner (15-20), PG/SG- Hill (15-20), PF- Blair (15-20), SG/SF- Bogans (10-15), SG/SF- Finley (DNP-CD), C- Ratliff (DNP-CD)

Inactive/D-League: PF- Haislip, C/PF- Mahinmi, SG/SF- Hairston

Knowing how Pop operates, probably very little of this takes place, we continue to see at least 11 players used, myriad wacky combination's and Bogans starting and switching assignments with Parker defensively (meaning he'll take Billups).

dbestpro
12-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Need to start the big 5 now and for the rest of the season. Its time to end the inconsistencies.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Only just over 5 hours to go till game time. Since it's the 5th December, here are 5 matchups that will be interesting to see in tonight's game -
1. Duncan vs Nene - (The Big Fundamental vs the Brazilian) - Nene has been playing solid this season and is really developing a nice inside game to go with his always improving touch from further out. His defense is constantly improving and we have seen him do a good job on Duncan down low. He has the speed and strength to cause match up problems for Duncan.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Duncan's initials are TD. The man could drop a TD on your team without you even knowing he is on the court. If he gets going inside early and the Spurs continue to feed him, then the Nuggets will be forced to double him, opening it up for the outside bombs.

With this matchup id have to give the advantage to Duncan. He is rested, at home and looking to lead the team back after a loss.

Advantage - Melo
3. JR vs Manu - Two of the best 6th men will surely go head to head at some point in the game. JR has been his usual self this season. He has played some A+++ basketball at times and played great D on people like Kobe and Wade, and at other times he has caused me to want to stick forks in my eyes ( you get the idea). He has to start the game by attacking and getting to the rim, then bomb it from outside, not the other way around.

Manu always annoys the Nuggets coz he shows up against them. I could see him causing more headaches than anyone else tonight. I think he will be guarded by JR and Afflalo at times. I am not sure what Manu's D has been like this season, but it is a tough ask for him to slow JR if he is ballin', better leave it to Bogans,

Advantage - Manu
4. Blair vs Andersen - Beast vs Bird - Two guys who bring more energy and hype to their respective teams than Richard Simmons brings to fat people. These guys will do the dirty work and it won't show up on the stat sheets, but the coaches know what they do and the fans appreciate it as well.

No advantage for either here. Just two hardcore guys going to work.

5. Parker vs Billups - I am curious to see who guards each of the Point Guards to start the game. Not sure if they will guard each other, or if the opposing coaches might see if their defensive minded shooting guards can contain the point guards. I think AA will defend RJ or Parker, obviously he would have trouble staying in front of Parker but his length may bother him.

Billups frustrates Nuggets fans just like Parker frustrates Spurs fans. One night they can look like the best point guards in the league, and then the next night they can look like they have been possessed by the ghost of Jason Hart.

This matchup is also tough one to call. Id give the nod to Parker if he shows up and scores in the lane at will.

Overall, i think the Spurs squeak out a close one at home.

Billups usually owns Parker, so I would give Chauncey the advantage IMO.

Rebounds
12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Celt's game - delete
Nugs game - hopefully a keeper!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Gak! Nuggets_fan started the thread! We're dooooooomed! :lmao

I am tipping a gutsy 93-89 Spurs win. No vbookie?

siraulo23
12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
has nba.com fixed the audio league pass yet?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Denver certainly isn't "2nd tier"... they are better than last year and a true contender.

Pauleta14
12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
RJ shut down Pierce last game, wonder how he'll be against Melo.

Did RJ shut Pierce down, or wasn't Pierce very "active" offensively???

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Had a bad feeling about the boston game, and we shot season low FTs and season high TOs.

Have a good feeling about this one. Let's hope I go 2/2 :toast

duncan228
12-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Starters.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/2009-2010/starting.jpg

Death In June
12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
If anyone has any "suggestions" on how to watch the game, PM me.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Still sticking with Bogans huh? Well at least Pop is being consistent with this starting line up.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I wonder if RJ starts out on Melo or if they give Bogans the go....?

urunobili
I got a feeling...
That tonight's gonna be a good night...
That tonight's gonna be a good night...
That tonight's gonna be a good good niiiiight...

Pauleta14

me too please!!!

urunobili
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM

buying league pass is the best way... :wakeup

Crookshanks
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I am so pissed right now. I just moved to Ft. Worth and neither of the cable providers have NBA League Pass. So I purchased NBA Broadband - however, because tonight's game is on NBA tv - it's blacked out. And I don't get NBA tv with AT&T Uverse - argghhhh :bang

ffadicted
I like bogans in the starting lineup. It's already full of scorers, and if we stick ginobili or hill in, our second unit will lose a lot more then our starting lineup would gain

SanAntonioSpurs23
It's on NBATV.... :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Gonna be a real tough game tonight.

Nene-KMart-Melo is one of the best front lines in the league, Billups is a consummate PG, and their bench has punch (JR, Bird, Ty) just like ours.

These are NOT the Nuggets we owned from 2005-7.

Should be fascinating.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Goooooooooogle. :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I wonder if RJ starts out on Melo or if they give Bogans the go....?

Bogans without a doubt. He's there to take the oppositions best non-big.

Crookshanks
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Well - at least I can listen to it on NBA Broadband - and I get to listen to Bill Schoening. I guess that's the best I can do tonight. :depressed

Death In June
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Goooooooooogle. :DNot that easy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
That announcer just called Tim "Timmah" as in South Park Timmy - fuck you pal! :lol

Chieflion
Bogans without a doubt. He's there to take the oppositions best non-big.
Melo will play Bogans in the post all day while Kenyon Martin stands outside. We need to give Melo different looks.

TIMMYD!
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM

Me too.:toast

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Bogans shot... :(

Chomag
12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I like bogans in the starting lineup. It's already full of scorers, and if we stick ginobili or hill in, our second unit will lose a lot more then our starting lineup would gain

Possibly, but then again our other scorers might have a harder time scoring if Bogan's man sags off of him and doubles whomever the ball goes to.

SanAntonioSpurs23
I take that back.... nice drive Keith

Death In June
Ah, sweet, games on tv.

Purch
12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Jefferson scored

SanAntonioSpurs23
Bogans on Billups, Rj on Melo? Or was that just a switch?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
I was wrong.

RJ on Melo.

Bogans on Billups.

Interesting.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Not that easy.

Actually, I used to be in your situation, and it is that easy. You need to improve your gooooooooogling. :lol

Bogans on Billups, Rj on Melo? Or was that just a switch?

Seems like they are switching on everything.

Chomag
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Lol @ Timmy dragging Tony away from the ref

Flux451
12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Anyone watching on LEague pass broadband

Admidave50
12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Spurs are off to a very good start

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Good start.

Interesting D - seems like our 3 smalls are switching on everything, because I've seen Bogans on Melo, Afflalo and Billups up to this point.

Chomag
I like the energy so far.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Anyone watching on LEague pass broadband

Yes. Why?

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Billups for 3. Argh!

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice fastbreak ran by Ginobili, Jefferson and Parker.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Manu to RJ to TP was sweeeet.

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Ginobili jumped into the defender and flopped his ass to the line.

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I love how everyone always goes for the Gino fake

Easy points

duncan228
League Pass Broadband in the US is blacked out, the game is on NBA TV.

Chieflion
Billups pushed off on Duncan with his off-hand. Stupid refs.

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Rj!!!!!!

Chieflion
Jefferson for 3!

Spurs Brazil
Rj 333333333333333333333

Flux451
12-05-2009, 08:57 PM
League Pass Broadband in the US is blacked out, the game is on NBA TV.

Worst day ever. I am in Denver region so its blacked out here.

Robinson#1
Should be a test of our D, they score 110 points a fame and melo with 20+ a night

urunobili
finally some chemistry in between RJ TP and Manu :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Really solid start tonight. Need to tighten up on Chauncey a bit, but we haven't dug a hole and that's a good thing.

Chieflion
Should be a test of our D, they score 110 points a fame and melo with 20+ a night
He scored 50 against the Knicks recently. Looks like the fire has not gone cold yet.

Pauleta14
Nice offense so far...

Purch
5 Points for RJ

ffadicted
If anyone is looking for suggestions on how to watch the game, i may have a couple of ideas, feel free to PM lol

Other then that, looking good early so far. Like seeing RJ and Manu getting their touches/shots and getting involved

SanAntonioSpurs23
Was that Blair checking in?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Nevermind.... :lol

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Grizzly in, here we go DOUBLE DOUBLE!

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Wtf :(

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Ugh. Bench looking bad right now.

Chieflion
Dejuan Blair still has no idea what the fuck is 3 seconds. Spurs fans in the building, don't boo, makes us look stupid.

SanAntonioSpurs23
Blair trying to hard....

ffadicted
onoz we're getting our shots stufffffffffffed

Death In June
Blair getting schooled out there.

siraulo23
12-05-2009, 09:03 PM
ugh, cmon blair!

Chieflion
The Nuggets must be number 1 in blocks or something.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Birdman 2
Grizzly 0

Work it our, young man.

Admidave50
Fuck it that was a nice block by RJ

TIMMYD!
Blair has caused the most 3 second violations I have ever seen from any Spurs this season.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
:lol at all the female cheers for GH3

Chieflion
Blair finally scored.

ffadicted
jGRIZZLY WITH THE CIRCUS SHOT

Chieflion
:lol at all the female cheers for GH3
Sexiest Spur of all time?

Spurs Brazil
12-05-2009, 09:05 PM
:lol Blair

Chieflion
I can't believe that shit actually went in.

ffadicted
ok, that was not even a circus shot, that was fucked up gift from jesus for his opposite basket against boston lol

NICE BREAKAWAY!

Chieflion
Manu Ginobili lays it in.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Grizzly gets a gimme as payback for that tip in the other night. :lol

Bender
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
RJ is playing well with rest of team

Death In June
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice flop by the birdman.

SanAntonioSpurs23
2nd on Grizzly :(

ffadicted
Grizzly with the beastly foul

gawddamn pop didn't look happy

Chieflion
Blair's second foul. Stupid mistake.

Chieflion
We are playing small? Matt Bonner is not getting his touches.

SanAntonioSpurs23
Fuck, 3 on Blair....

Admidave50
damn an offensive foul on the last possession!

ffadicted
damn it manu :(

Blocked shots EVERYWHERE today

Spurs Brazil
DAMN Manu

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
3rd foul on Blair. Looks like we won't see him much tonight.

Juanobili
damn Manu?

more like damn Blair!!! fuckkk...

Libri
damn it manu :(

Blocked shots EVERYWHERE today

blockfest

boutons_deux
Manu blocked, Blair 3rd foul, bad end to 1st qtr.

siraulo23
12-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Hill!!!

SanAntonioSpurs23
Gh3 son!!!!! :)

ffadicted
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill!!!!!!

Juanobili
no fucking way lmao

George!!!!!

Muser
Hill!

Chieflion
George Hill for a running 3 to end the 1st quarter!!!!!

siraulo23
kobe shot1

Spurs Brazil
Hill 333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Admidave50
GH with the 33333

timaios
George did it again !!!!! :flag:

Ice009
Call him Kobe.

urunobili
lol Thugettes

boutons_deux
well, ok, GH ends 1st pretty damn good.

Libri
Let's give it up for Hill!! :ihit

45 bank shot
wowow ghill another buzzer beater

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Hill trying to one-up Kobe there lol

SanAntonioSpurs23
Is there a reason why Ratliff isn't playing at all? Is he in the dog house?

45 bank shot
c'mon better get another solid quarter, carmelo might pick up his shots

Admidave50
TOnight, the starting 5 played very good.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Georgie!!! :D

BTW, the Nuggets often screw around when they are playing - they like to joke and intimidate the opposition and basically pretend they're "fly". But not against us - they take us very seriously. Interesting to see how their demeanor changes when they play us.

urunobili
12-05-2009, 09:11 PM

just match up issues.. he has a history of getting injured in the regular season... so Pop going EXTRA conservative with him i believe...

Spurs Brazil
Good 1st quarter

I hope we can do a better job on D and not send them to the line

9FTA for the Nuggets in the 1st

MB20
score please?

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:12 PM
score please?
30-23.

Pauleta14
I like RJ with THIS intensity in his game!!
If he stays like this on a regular basis, I'm not worried about his integration, it will work!
But it's a big "if"...

RuffnReadyOzStyle

He's a situational/injury player. He won't get minutes as Pop is trying to settle the rotations.

Libri
12-05-2009, 09:13 PM
another block, Dice

Chieflion
How fast is Ty Lawson? What the fuck dude!

MB20
30-23.

Thank you. :toast
And thanks to everybody who are doing the play by play.
NBA TV in Buenos Aires showing Bulls vs Raptors :bang

SanAntonioSpurs23
Hill for 3333333333

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Hill is hooooooooooooooot

Libri
Hill has the hot hand.

Crookshanks
Another Georgie 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death In June
Manu and Hill playing great.

ffadicted
lol manu flopping

SanAntonioSpurs23
Manu for 33333333333333

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
36-25. Manu tres!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Manu schooling JR right now.

Chieflion
What the fuck was Hill doing on that possession?

SanAntonioSpurs23
GH3 should have took the birdman to school.... Why settle for the J?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
JR Smith and 1.....

Bonner's shooting isn't well :(

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
J.R Smith goes right at Manu Ginobili. He has gotten better and better.

Chomag
12-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Bonner got so lost on that defencive play (sigh)

Ice009
Bonner is such a fuck up on D. He just kills us out there and always lets the other team get easy shots to get back in it.

I'm mad at DeJuan for those early fouls. Don't want Bonner out there.

Libri
timeout damnit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
How fast is Ty Lawson? What the fuck dude!

This is the first time you've seen him?

Minne made a big mistake taking Flynn over Lawson, and Rubio. :lol

Manu schooling JR right now.

And then JR schooled Manu. :lol

Chieflion
These Nuggets heat up quite easily.

ffadicted
I wanna see more of mason tonight

Spurs Brazil
12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I hope Pop come back with TD after the timeout

Chieflion
This is the first time you've seen him?

Minne made a big mistake taking Flynn over Lawson, and Rubio. :lol

And then JR schooled Manu. :lol
Not the first time I have seen him. He just is faster than any guard I have seen and I am stunned everytime I watch him on the fast break.

Death In June
Bonner is such a fuck up on D.Also fucks up his three when he's left too open.

Libri
These Nuggets heat up quite easily.

They have a quick trigger.

urunobili
12-05-2009, 09:19 PM
What a morbid pleasure it gives me not to see Finley in the game...

Pauleta14
Bonner is such a fuck up on D.

what he tried offensively was dumb too...

ElNono
Never turn your back to the basketball... Oh well

SanAntonioSpurs23
I hope Pop come back with TD after the timeout

Parker as well, move Hill to the 2....

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Fucking gay foul, easy points :(

urunobili
What a morbid pleasure it gives me not to see Finley in the game...

I fucking jinxed it

SanAntonioSpurs23
Timmy D 22222222222

TIMMYD!
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Tim 22222222222

Libri
Fucking gay foul, easy points :(

Hill could have had a dunk. :bang

Spurs Brazil
Stop send them to the line

Shit

Chomag
Bonner, Mason, and Finley all out on the court at the same time! (gulp)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
JR turning Manu tricks on Ro Money.

hoopdreams11
12-05-2009, 09:22 PM
why does pop refuse to play Ratliff

Spurs Brazil
Mason and Bonner horrible again

Death In June
How long before the lead dissipates with the lineup out there?

SanAntonioSpurs23
Ughhhhhh :(

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Ty Lawson is scary!!!!

ElNono
That's it... 3 misses by Matt... Time to sit down for RJ or Dice

ffadicted
spurs breaking apart here..... Pop needs to call a Time out

Chomag
Spurs starting to turn the ball over just as intended

Libri
disgusting

hold the fort

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Damn. Starters play well. Bench plays terribly. :pctoss

Ice009
This is shit Matt Bonner, another good team another disappearance act.

Matt Bonner needs to be traded. He is useless against any good team.

Pop's rotation sucks ass.

Ice009
This is shit Matt Bonner, another good team another disappearance act.

Matt Bonner needs to be traded. He is useless against any good team.

Pop's rotation sucks ass.

SanAntonioSpurs23
How was that a foul?

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
holy shit I didn't realize how fast Lawson actually is

Chieflion
Fouls! Fouls! Stop fouling.

Death In June
Bonner, Mase, and Fin in together. Takes 2 min to erase a 9 pt lead. Hm...

Ice009
How hard is it to have at least two of the big 4 on the court at all times.

I mean seriously do we have to lose a fuckload of games with the crazy rotations so Pop can know his lineups?

Admidave50
Change the backcourt please, it getting owned on defense

Spurs Brazil
Thank God, Mason is out

roycrikside
If Manu and Tony are both sitting, the team will have no offensive flow. Face the facts people, GHill is a good player, but he's a shooting guard. Mace too. Pop should never have Tony and Manu sitting at the same time.

Chieflion
Bonner 3!

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Red rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrocket!!

Muser
Finally..

SanAntonioSpurs23
There we go Mattie... now build off that.

Damn JR Smith answers

Chomag
Stop chunking Bonner!!!! Dammit!!!

SanAntonioSpurs23
Timmy D is just amazing

Libri
power move by Tim

Chieflion
Timmy showing up when it matters most.

Muser
Timmy playing awesome.

SanAntonioSpurs23
God Nene just owned Bonner :(

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
wow, sexy hook by "Timmeh"...

Admidave50
TD amazing

Ice009
Look at that shit Nene scored on Bonner with EAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

FUCKING EASE.

Chomag
Bonner, Mase, and Fin in together. Takes 2 min to erase a 9 pt lead. Hm...

Sadly so. I just don't understand why the man wont get it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Tim and Nene showin some sugah...

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Role players are not perfect. Bonner missed open 3s tonight.

Chomag
Nene just bent Bonner over.

urunobili
these are the times when i wish we could use some aggressive fouls by Haislip vs this weak shit by Bonner

Libri
God Nene just owned Bonner :(

It looked like Nene was dribbling around a statue.

ElNono
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Too many points... I don't think we can keep up with it... We need to play better defense...

Spurs Brazil
TD playing well

Take Bonner out now and bring Dice. When Bonner is missing there's no much reason to keep him in

drazo
spurs just had to fire pop.. its time for new coach, hes been here way to long

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
spurs just had to fire pop.. its time for new coach, hes been here way to long
With your reasoning, I don't see why Sloan is still coaching.

Ice009
Too many points... I don't think we can keep up with it... We need to play better defense...

Not going to happen with Bonner out there. The other team will keep getting easy points, while Bonner will keep clanging shots.

Chieflion
Finley with a double clutch jump shot.

ffadicted

You know what, for the first time in a long time, I think the spurs could come out on top in a scoring shootout.

Don't want it to become that... but we can

Chieflion
Sucky pass by Parker. What a waste.

parker showing off his point guard skills.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Damn GH3.... oh well nice defense

ffadicted
12-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Damn, Lawson kept up with tony well.... can't believe somebody managed that

Chieflion
12-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Nene owning Timmy as well.

SanAntonioSpurs23
RJ for 3333333333333333

Chieflion
Jefferson for 3.

ffadicted
Rj 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333!!!!!! !!!!!!

Spurs Brazil
Rj 333333333333333333333333333333333

Muser
Damn nice 3 rj

Libri
Damn, Jefferson saved that busted play.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Bonner needs to quit shooting.... 1-5