PDA

View Full Version : Kobe traveled in that last play.

ChrisRichards
12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Wow, I cant believe the refs didnt call that. These refs are horrible when it comes to making decisions on the court. NO wonder Tim Donaughy says Kobe gets the special treatment.

That was a walk man.

21_Blessings
12-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Kobe is better than Wade. Just accept it dude.

ChrisRichards
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Kobe has as much rings as Wade does being the first banana (and Wade has a better NBA Finals stats). They're still about even in my book. :toast

You put Wade with Bynum, Gasol, Artest,Odom and Phil Jackson and I guarantee LA would win 70+ games instead of 65.

Why? because Wade likes to pass the ball and find open teammates.

Amarelooms
12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Kobe has as much rings as Wade does being the first banana (and Wade has a better NBA Finals stats). They're still about even in my book. :toast

lol dummy :elephant

ChrisRichards
The Whistler 18 free throws
Kobe 8 free throws.
ok, that's funny :lol

JamStone
He didn't travel.

But if it helps you sleep at night, just keep believing that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey ChrisRichards where's your buddy, did his wife reheat pizza or something?

ChrisRichards
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
He didn't travel.

But if it helps you sleep at night, just keep believing that.
Come on, you really dont believe that. Watch the replay and see how many times he walked before getting that shot off.

ChrisRichards
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey ChrisRichards where's your buddy, did his wife reheat pizza or something?
What is this?

JamStone
12-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Come on, you really dont believe that. Watch the replay and see how many times he walked before getting that shot off.

I've watched the replay several times.

Not a walk.

Baseline
12-05-2009, 11:44 AM

You put Wade with Bynum, Gasol, Artest,Odom and Phil Jackson and I guarantee LA would win 70+ games instead of 65.

Why? because Wade likes to pass the ball and find open teammates.

Wrong. If Wade and Bryant switched places, LA would win 80 games minimum. Wade makes passes to teammates that never even occur to Bryant.

Because Bryant made a lucky bank shot at the buzzer, what went unnoticed was that he also missed every other shot he took in the last two minutes of the game, while other guys (Bynum and Fisher) made their shots to keep LA in it.

I think it's a joke to say that Bryant won last year's title "by himself." You could put Wade, Carmelo, Pierce, Vince, Durant, etc. in Bryant's place and any of those guys take the title. All Bryant really does is score. With three talented bigs on that team, anybody should have 6 assists a game. Yet Bryant doesn't even average that.

ChrisRichards
12-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Wrong. If Wade and Bryant switched places, LA would win 80 games minimum. Wade makes passes to teammates that never even occur to Bryant.

Because Bryant made a lucky bank shot at the buzzer, what went unnoticed was that he also missed every other shot he took in the last two minutes of the game, while other guys (Bynum and Fisher) made their shots to keep LA in it.

I think it's a joke to say that Bryant won last year's title "by himself." You could put Wade, Carmelo, Pierce, Vince, Durant, etc. in Bryant's place and any of those guys take the title. All Bryant really does is score. With three talented bigs on that team, anybody should have 6 assists a game. Yet Bryant doesn't even average that.

Exactly.

Allanon
12-05-2009, 11:50 AM
It's funny how Pau "Gasoft", "Odumb" and "Over-rated" Bynum all of a sudden become great players when it's time to discredit Kobe. :lol

cobbler
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe if the whistler practiced his free throw shooting a tad more than those passes you speak of... or actually passed it to someone in the last minute that could make theirs...

just saying...

lil_penny
12-05-2009, 11:56 AM
You could put Wade, Carmelo, Pierce, Vince, Durant, etc. in Bryant's place and any of those guys take the title.

Couldn't help but laught a bit at this

TheMACHINE
12-05-2009, 01:07 PM

hahah i stopped reading after i saw 80 wins Minimum. :lol:lmao

YoMamaIsCallin
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
WTF are you talking about? There was not anything even close to a travel. I certainly didn't notice anything when I saw it on TV. I just went back and watched the slo mo replay on nba.com and seriously, dude, you are badly mistaken. It was completely legit in any league.

Tell me, exactly where do you think he traveled? We'll break it down for you and show you where you're wrong.

LeCrab
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
That crab ass bitch walked and you know it.

j-money24
12-05-2009, 02:35 PM
It's funny how Pau "Gasoft", "Odumb" and "Over-rated" Bynum all of a sudden become great players when it's time to discredit Kobe. :lol

:lol So true

Kobe™
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
:toast

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm getting scared...this is the 2nd time today I've agreed with you about something.

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I've watched the replay several times.

Not a walk.
Missed the play, but I'm definitely going to agree with JamStone over ChrisRichards

pauls931
12-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Steps taken to rape someone between dribbles do not count.

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc37/john010117/Randomness/Facepalmcollage.jpg

Bandwagon Lakers Fan
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM
kobe don't walk, the mamba slithers

Gouken
12-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Shut that shit up! lol There was no travel on that play.

Kobe actually lead the team in assists with 399 last year averaging 5apg. So get the fuck outta here with that misconception that he doesn't pass. This year Kobe has the 2nd most assists on the team with 71. Artest leads with 80.

Wade and LeBron assist numbers are going to be higher because their respective teams are dependant on the offense running through them.

RedsLakers24
12-05-2009, 03:25 PM

You give wade Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown in the starting line up and he doesnt even make the playoffs, w

Smooth Criminal
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM

Wade and Melo are debatable. but the rest...:lmao

sook
12-05-2009, 05:42 PM
The Whistler 18 free throws
Kobe 8 free throws.

Wtf?!?!? Haha

Wade is a beast regardless, but it reminded me of this

http://www.impawards.com/2005/posters/ringer.jpg

siraulo23
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ni0ZzkyVE&feature=channel

the gamewinner by kobe made a guy scratch his nuts, around 0:40, funny shit

ginobili's bald spot
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/30k4kug.jpg

Fabbs
12-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow, I cant believe the refs didnt call that. These refs are horrible when it comes to making decisions on the court. NO wonder Tim Donaughy says Kobe gets the special treatment.

That was a walk man.
How about the one before haltime? Kobme tried to really showboat and D up on DWade. Instead he got screened out as DWade went around the screen and drove to the hoop and dunked. Kobme whined per usual wanting a call against the Heat for the perfectly legal screen. Desperately wanting the spotlight DWade had just taken, Kobme right before half drives, gets defended well, so he jumps in the air, both feet completely off the ground. No where to run, no where to hide, he lands on both feet then jumps back and hits the banker. Laker Krishnas bow down, applaud and light up their incense.

Leaving the ground and landing on both feet (a bunnyhop) is a travel and is something Stern claimed he was going to clean up a few years ago. What a joke.

iggypop123
12-05-2009, 06:29 PM
How about the one before haltime? Kobme tried to really showboat and D up on DWade. Instead he got screened out as DWade went around the screen and drove to the hoop and dunked. Kobme whined per usual wanting a call against the Heat for the perfectly legal screen. Desperately wanting the spotlight DWade had just taken, Kobme right before half drives, gets defended well, so he jumps in the air, both feet completely off the ground. No where to run, no where to hide, he lands on both feet then jumps back and hits the banker. Laker Krishnas bow down, applaud and light up their incense.

Leaving the ground and landing on both feet (a bunnyhop) is a travel and is something Stern claimed he was going to clean up a few years ago. What a joke.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6380/kobeyoumad.jpg

Fabbs
12-05-2009, 06:42 PM
^^ To the contrary, I'm happy you are one of my biggest customers.

You must have missed this on my other thread:

Also, i sell products to Laker supporters and Kobe Butt Worshippers such as the Laker posters on this board. So any Laker win, especially like this games ending always quadruples my sales. So while yes i thought Wade outplayed Kobme, a Laker win like this is great for continued marketing.

Fpoonsie
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Nah. Upon first glance I thought he had, but it looked like he bobbled the ball, so if he shuffled his feet, it was while he didn't really have possession yet.

picc84
12-05-2009, 08:44 PM
The Whistler haha

That and Kobme made for some good laughs today

cobbler
12-05-2009, 09:05 PM
^^ To the contrary, I'm happy you are one of my biggest customers.

You must have missed this on my other thread:

Also, i sell products to Laker supporters and Kobe Butt Worshippers such as the Laker posters on this board. So any Laker win, especially like this games ending always quadruples my sales. So while yes i thought Wade outplayed Kobme, a Laker win like this is great for continued marketing.

Then it looks like you are going to have 3-5 year window of quadruple sales and marketing. Congrats! :toast

duhoh
12-06-2009, 12:36 AM

sigh. . .

another one thinks aloud.

seriously, kobe is the only person in the league right now that can force a win when it matters. no one else is even close.

ChrisRichards
12-06-2009, 12:52 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/30k4kug.jpg

NO

http://thebasketballoracle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat.jpg

dammitmeeks
12-06-2009, 12:54 AM
You give wade Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown in the starting line up and he doesnt even make the playoffs, w

throw in Phil and they do

ChrisRichards
12-06-2009, 01:09 AM

wade had worst

mario chalmers, worn out shawn marion,mark blount,joel anthony,daequon cook,dorell wright,chris quinn and udonis haslem.

and oh yeah a rookie coach

TheMACHINE
12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
wade had worst

mario chalmers, worn out shawn marion,mark blount,joel anthony,daequon cook,dorell wright,chris quinn and udonis haslem.

and oh yeah a rookie coach

Haslem, Chalmers and Marion is already better than Luke, Smush and Kwame.

Killakobe81
12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
80 wins LOL ...some people just talk just 2 talk ...
I know you dont like Kobe but wade HAD to pass he couldnt make much besides dunks in the pick n roll his shot to give them the 4 point lead was the lucky one ....
But I dont hate even though he took and missed more shots he kept Miami in the game late and Almoct had a win ...Almost but dfish and Kobe took it away LOL

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Wade missed the FT that led to Kobe's amazing shot..yes, it was probably lucky, but Kobe's done it enough times to warrant all the credit..

Wade choked, Kobe came through..that's why he's Kobe Bryant..

He didn't travel..

Allanon
12-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Wade missed the FT that led to Kobe's amazing shot..yes, it was probably lucky, but Kobe's done it enough times to warrant all the credit..

He didn't travel..

You haven't been much fun lately, Harlem.

KSeal
12-06-2009, 01:58 AM

He didn't travel..

This post is so unlike you, I'm disappointed.

TheMACHINE
12-06-2009, 02:13 AM

He didn't travel..

wtf man. you drunk?

duhoh
12-06-2009, 02:44 AM
You haven't been much fun lately, Harlem.

i think that having the two miami trolls here unify the rest of us :lol

23LeBronJames23
12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
sigh. . .

another one thinks aloud.

seriously, kobe is the only person in the league right now that can force a win when it matters. no one else is even close.

lebron can

Smooth Criminal
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
NO

http://thebasketballoracle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat.jpg

2006 man...it's over. The Heat suck,

Smooth Criminal
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
lebron can

Eh...it's just not the same. He doesn't have the "There is no fucking way we're losing this game" mode that Kobe does.

23LeBronJames23
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Eh...it's just not the same. He doesn't have the "There is no fucking way we're losing this game" mode that Kobe does.

kobe is rapist thats why he has an attitude problem

Smooth Criminal
12-07-2009, 07:02 PM

Resorts to the old excuse...and that mode is the opposite of an attitude problem

jdev82
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
heat fans arent allowed to talk about referees dolling out unfair treatment.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Make your f'in free throws and you'd a froze Bryant out. Then Wade wouldn't be shinin' his shoes.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 07:51 PM

James has some Barkley in him. It's never all out there, on the court. Some is left inside where he can nurture it, lean on it and the next morning get thru the shave because of it.

picc84
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Thats exactly why his attitude is so great for the team, he refuses to be denied and imposes his will even when the other team [teenaged girl] is fighting back.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Desperately wanting the spotlight DWade had just taken, Kobme right before half drives, gets defended well, so he jumps in the air, both feet completely off the ground. No where to run, no where to hide, he lands on both feet then jumps back and hits the banker. Laker Krishnas bow down, applaud and light up their incense.

I didn't see the play you are talking about so I can't comment. But if it's the way you described it, it is not necessarily a travel at all -- at any level. It's called a jump stop and is legal. It is perfectly OK for both feet to leave the ground after you pick up the dribble.

A quick google search finds this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z4bH9Qb0g

That's a pretty good demonstration. He doesn't actually have to shoot right away after the jump stop. He can fake a shot then shoot, or he can pass. He can even establish a pivot foot, then pivot.

Here's a decent writeup: http://www.coachesclipboard.net/JumpStop.html

jonnybravo
12-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I didn't see the play you are talking about so I can't comment. But if it's the way you described it, it is not necessarily a travel at all -- at any level. It's called a jump stop and is legal. It is perfectly OK for both feet to leave the ground after you pick up the dribble.

A quick google search finds this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Z4bH9Qb0g

That's a pretty good demonstration. He doesn't actually have to shoot right away after the jump stop. He can fake a shot then shoot, or he can pass. He can even establish a pivot foot, then pivot.

Here's a decent writeup: http://www.coachesclipboard.net/JumpStop.html

That's a serious teabagging right there.