PDA

View Full Version : TCU should play ALABAMA

PublicOption
12-05-2009, 10:57 PM
cuz TEXAS is looking pretty horrible right now.......'bama would just embarass them.

DMX7
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
They will if Texas loses. Actually, Cincy will.

redraiderinfiji
12-05-2009, 11:00 PM
no, it will be tcu

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 11:43 PM
no, it will be tcu
no, it won't.

redraiderinfiji
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
yes, you're right....but it almost came true

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
yes, you're right....but it almost came true
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g193/larryyocum77/horseshoe-grenade-1.jpg

Whisky Dog
12-06-2009, 12:12 AM
TCU is a nice story, I follow them, but they don't play shit besides other mid majors. Beating BYU and Utah is nice, but everyone else they played is beyond horrible. They wouldn't be able to handle the big stage.

DMX7
12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I think everyone else thinks that TCU is going to put up 45 and destroy whoever they play in the BCS but I think they're going to be surprised how bad they look if they play even a pretender with talent like Florida.

Kermit
12-06-2009, 12:22 AM
lmao at the espnsec cocksuckers downplaying the texas win. right on cue assholes.

200 miles
12-06-2009, 01:05 AM
TCU would have struggled against Nebraska.

Maybe they would've squeaked by the Huskers or maybe not.

But I am telling you right now, TCU would not generate more than 10 points against this stonewall defense.

J.T.
12-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Texas just dropped a big ole' stinky brown shit on your idea.

More like a burnt orange shit.

CubanSucks
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
TCU, though looking the most impressive ALL year, didn't have to play a conference championship game.

It's funny how people are downplaying them though. Prolly the same people as last year with Utah against Alabama. Don't forget, besides dominating everyone in their conference, they also won IN Virginia and Clemson.

FoxPerez
12-07-2009, 02:23 PM
TCU, though looking the most impressive ALL year, didn't have to play a conference championship game.

It's funny how people are downplaying them though. Prolly the same people as last year with Utah against Alabama. Don't forget, besides dominating everyone in their conference, they also won IN Virginia and Clemson.

The Virginia and Clemson argument is laughable. Clemson finished 8-5 and Virginia was a pathetic 3-9. Tossing aside the Cavaliers, here are the other Texas opponents that had similar opponents to Clemson: Texas Tech (8-4), Missouri (8-4), Oklahoma State (9-3), UCF (8-4), and Nebraska (9-4).

So if the best you can come up with is Virginia, Clemson, and a conference schedule that didn't include Utah...

Then you clearly put an argument out there that Texas should definitely play in the national championship.

CubanSucks
12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
The Virginia and Clemson argument is laughable. Clemson finished 8-5 and Virginia was a pathetic 3-9. Tossing aside the Cavaliers, here are the other Texas opponents that had similar opponents to Clemson: Texas Tech (8-4), Missouri (8-4), Oklahoma State (9-3), UCF (8-4), and Nebraska (9-4).

So if the best you can come up with is Virginia, Clemson, and a conference schedule that didn't include Utah...

Then you clearly put an argument out there that Texas should definitely play in the national championship.

You're a fucking genius. I was trying to argue that Texas deserves it more!

I was just saying that a win at Clemson and then dominating BYU and Utah are pretty damn good credentials.

Did you really not know TCU played Utah?

DBryant88
12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
We need a playoff system!!!!

samikeyp
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
We need a playoff system!!!!

absolutely.

TCU, Boise and Cincy got screwed and two of those teams could get more screwed if they finish undefeated. Someone will always get screwed until we get a playoff.

Dr Cox
12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
cinci would have gone over tcu cuz they are in a better conference and beat a better team in (pitt )

crazy year for sure

Holmes_Fans
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
TCU and Cincy are getting screwed. Boise played a shit schedule and was there is a reason they were so far behind Cincy and TCU in points.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-18-2009, 05:18 PM
TCU is a nice story, I follow them, but they don't play shit besides other mid majors. Beating BYU and Utah is nice, but everyone else they played is beyond horrible. They wouldn't be able to handle the big stage.

That's what they said about Utah last year, and Boise State before that, and Utah before that.

TCU is a great football team. The BCS powers-that-be knew this and that's why they're stuck playing Boise State. Imagine if Boise and TCU got to play BCS opponents and both won? The world might stop spinning, and guys like you might have to get your head out of the sand and admit that the BCS is crap.

mookie2001
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
naturally all the bcs does is the #1 and #2 teams play in a bowl game. a lot of people dont understand that

if one were to research the process/selection order this year i think it would help explain exactly why boise and tcu are playing

Al Koholik
12-18-2009, 05:30 PM
*hic*

O-Factor
12-19-2009, 12:52 PM
That's what they said about Utah last year, and Boise State before that, and Utah before that.

TCU is a great football team. The BCS powers-that-be knew this and that's why they're stuck playing Boise State. Imagine if Boise and TCU got to play BCS opponents and both won? The world might stop spinning, and guys like you might have to get your head out of the sand and admit that the BCS is crap.

I can see how you came to that conclusion. Boise St. does it one year and beats a stupid OU team. Then Utah beat Alabama last year for one reason only. Bama was still emo over losing to Florida and clearly did not want to be playing in that game. But that doesn't put mid-majors on equal footing with the BCS conferences...it just doesn't for obvious reasons