PDA

View Full Version : It's game time BRETT BARRY

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
PLAYOFFS,yes playoffs this is the reason you came to San Antonio and the SPURS wanted you to come here for the playoffs to make a basket when needed,make a free throw to clinch a series,provide end of game leadership,plain an simple just relaxed be yourself and play ball and everyone will be happy come mid-JUNE. JUST HAVE FUN!

SPURS21
04-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Go brett!

MadDog73
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Who's Brett Barry? :lol

timvp
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
If Brett doesn't show up, Whottt will be stoned.

With rocks, BigZak, with rocks.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm really hoping Brett stays home and Brent actually comes.

whottt
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Now is the time to judge him.

whottt cannot be stoned because whottt has always said wait until the post season to judge.

If he sucks(misses open shots off Duncan double teams) and Hedo's us, you guys will all be behind me on ripping him...

Because this is what we got him for, to punish teams that double Tim Duncan, to make it easier on Duncan, not for Duncan to make it easier for him...

All season long he hasn't been put in the situations he will face in the playoffs...teams totally commited to taking Duncan out, game after game after game...that's why I didn't judge him in the regular season.

If they take Duncan away he's got to hit those shots...

And I am not gonna defend a Hedo or Smitty like performance...and based on the way Barry played under pressure during the regular season...I don't think he's gonna have a Hedo or Smitty like performance.

T Park
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
funny youve been defending it all year.....

whottt
04-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Defending what?

Oh wait...I am arguing with TPark and TPark doesn't understand the difference between playoff basketball and the regular season.
Never mind.

MadDog73
04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Whottt's right, all that matters now is how you play in the playoffs. Regular season doesn't mean crap... Luckily, with Horry, Robinson AND Barry I think we're in a better position than last year!

T Park
04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Defending what??

Youve defending Barry's dissapointing shooting all season long.

That is what.

boutons
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
EVERYBODY has noted Brent's obvious preference for passing up the open shot. Fine with me. I don't give a damn about the outside shots. You take those only when the paint is not available, and until the paint opens up again.

I'd much rather see him, along with Tony and Manu, attack the paint, as Brent has shown he can do as well as anybody in a couple of late-season games, esp with his high FT %age.

Doubling/sagging on Tim should leave open one or more of the guards open to cut through the paint or baseline to take dump pass from Tim, for a drive or a short/medium-range catch-n-shoot. Glenn's mid-range game is also most welcome in that situation.

Of course, Tim has to make the damn pass quickly rather than play statue-of-Liberty for half the possesion, or put the ball on the floor, which is exactly what the defense wants.

whottt
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Defending what??

Youve defending Barry's dissapointing shooting all season long.

That is what.

It's different now.

How hard is that to figure out?

Ever watch the playoffs before?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2005, 12:56 PM
I hope to hell we don't resort to relying on Brett Barry, whoever the hell that is. I hope Brent brings it though, and think he will.

Eric
04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Brent Barry's game had better find a Crow. It's been dead for quite some time now.

Dre_7
04-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Didnt really read everyone's posts in this thread, but watch! Barry is gonna come up big sometime this Post season! This is why they signed him. He'll hit at least a few clutch shots!!!!

Go Barry!

ShoogarBear
04-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Question: has a son of a HOFer ever done anything of real note in the NBA?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2005, 09:13 PM
LOL This is what SpursBlogging is all about.
I think he'll come through with those big shots, but I'm interested to see his role in the rotation:
a) at the start of the playoffs
b) if glenn gets more and more minutes
c) when devin brown comes back

and how his performance changes with those events

I think big dogg is going to heat it up like no other, hopefully brent barry does too, giving us the sickest scoring bench in the postseason

kskonn
04-22-2005, 11:43 PM
LOL This is what SpursBlogging is all about.
I think he'll come through with those big shots, but I'm interested to see his role in the rotation:
a) at the start of the playoffs
b) if glenn gets more and more minutes
c) when devin brown comes back

and how his performance changes with those events

I think big dogg is going to heat it up like no other, hopefully brent barry does too, giving us the sickest scoring bench in the postseason

I really don't think devin will see to many minutes due to his recent absence. Hopefully we can have a couple blow outs where they can work him in.

the best thing that can happen for the spurs is if Brent starts hitting his shots early. No doubt he will come up clutch at some point, but if he can hit early it will force the other team out of their game plan, then Duncan will have free reign on the court. And we have all seen that good shooting is contagious.