PDA

View Full Version : Let's say it honestly: is Jefferson a good player or a fake ?

ginobili fan
12-05-2009, 11:38 PM
We all know that he doesn't worth 15 million...
But I mean ... I really tought he was a good nba player at least better than a guy like JR Smith who is kiling us tonight.
I really need to make it clear.

Purch
12-05-2009, 11:40 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141275

Kori Ellis
12-05-2009, 11:40 PM
You realize that JR Smith shot 6-for-17, right?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Jefferson played better than Ginobili....

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
RJ was fine tonight..

People need to stop looking at his $, we didn't pay him that..if RJ was actually worth 15 mil, he wouldn't be on this team..some of you guys need to understand this basic logic..

sanjingsho
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Jefferson is a good player,he just lack a little smart,but Pop is a fake.it's pretty clear.

ginobili fan
Jefferson was OK tonight, not 15 mil but OK.

But you guys can shallow that ?
Remember when we were all exited 3 months ago...all of this for just an OK player?
I can't sorry.

Spursfan092120

Spursfan092120
12-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Jefferson is a good player,he just lack a little smart,but Pop is a fake.it's pretty clear.
wow...just wow...you are about to get bashed like crazy.

ginobili fan
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141275

I don't know man.
It's based on 17 games not on the 4th quarter of tonight game.

Sigz
Jefferson sucks.

And I think he's gay.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM
RJ was fine tonight..

People need to stop looking at his $, we didn't pay him that..if RJ was actually worth 15 mil, he wouldn't be on this team..some of you guys need to understand this basic logic..

:toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Yup, the guy with 4 rings is a fake, and you know his team better than he does... :lmao

Moron.

How about we blame the players for being outplayed when it mattered for once?

As for RJ, I'd swap him for Jax in a second, although that ain't happening. It would be a risk because Jax's ego has grown massively since he was last here, but Jax is a better clutch shooter, penetrator and defender than RJ when his head is in the game.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to try starting Manu and using RJ as the 6th man so he can have the ball in his hands more and create off the dribble.

Zero_Twilight
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM

Manu was blind like a bat tonight. His court awareness wasn't there.

RJ is a great player but he has a tight leash on him thanks to the Spur's system.
They actually ran a couple plays for him which is nice to see.

Still, I'm stunned at the loss. There's no fucking way this should have happened. I'm not even mad about the refs inability to call a goaltend. I'm pissed off at the missed passes which caused the lead to dwindle down.

ginobili fan
it's quite alarming for me.

ElNono
He played great tonight, I thought. He did a great job on Melo. On offense he made a couple jumpers and got to the line (once I believe). Considering it's the Tony and Tim show out there offensively, I thought he did ok.

Purch
But you guys can shallow that ?
Remember when we were all exited 3 months ago...all of this for just an OK player?
I can't sorry.

How can you give him a bad review for playing Ok this game when the only touch he got in the 4th was on the last shot when the game was over. How can you give him a bad review when he cut all game and the only one with enough court vision to find him is Manu. People don't understand Jefferson cut's all game it's just that Parker and Duncan can't find him. I saw so many easy scoring opportunities this game for him that a better passer like even Rondo could have made. If the passes off alot of Rj's cuts were made he could have easily had 20+ tonight there were so many times he was wide open under the rim off a cut

nbaman99
12-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Some of u guys really need to stop hating RJ and starting threads agaisnt this guy. He does not get the ball from Tony or touches for him to be effective pluse he needs to defend the best player on the other team, so please stop hating this guy. Know what ur talking about before you say he is suck. He pass the bass, get rebounds and steals, he is better than Manu right now.

ginobili fan
12-05-2009, 11:48 PM
season 09-10: SAS 16 15 32.9 0.431 0.311 0.718 0.8 3.6 4.4 2.8 0.8 0.2 1.6 2.1 13.4 e
eff. rating : +12.56

ElNono
12-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree. You can't blame RJ if he's getting no touches. You can only ask him to play good D and he did that.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 11:49 PM
it's quite alarming for me.

What's alarming is that Ginobili probably will never be the Ginobili of old times. Rather just and old Ginobili.

Yes Jefferson hasn't been playing terrific, but he is not the only reason why the Spurs are losing.

Pauleta14
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM

His D wasn't bad tonight, as always when he puts enough intensity , but offensively?????
He didn't touch the ball enough in the 2nd half because he wasn't available!!

He is a good overall basketball player, but doesn't bring to the team what a player of his satus is SUPPOSED to bring (even for 10M$ it's not enough!!)

Peter Holt must be mad...:lol

Johnny RIngo
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't think he's a bad player. He just doesn't fit in with the Spurs(blame the FO for thinking this trade would be a brilliant move). Personally, I'd rather have a player like JR Smith on the Spurs though. Notice that I said "a player like" because there's no way in hell I'd want that piece of shit on the team. I like JR's game but he's a horrible human being.

ginobili fan
How can you give him a bad review for playing Ok this game when the only touch he got in the 4th was on the last shot when the game was over. How can you give him a bad review when he cut all game and the only one with enough court vision to find him is Manu. People don't understand Jefferson cut's all game it's just that Parker and Duncan can't find him. I saw so many easy scoring opportunities this game for him that a better passer like even Rondo could have made. If the passes off alot of Rj's cuts were made he could have easily had 20+ tonight there were so many times he was wide open under the rim off a cut

Who are you? his boyfriend?
Sorry but against the C's Jefferson wans't even capable of finishing at the lane!!!

HarlemHeat37
His usage rate with Parker and Duncan on the floor is lower than Roger Mason's and similar to Matt Bonner's..

Again, what the fuck do you want him to do?..

He can't play with Duncan without playcalling in his favor, because Timmy is obviously a post player..

He can't play effectively with Parker because Tony just dribbles the clock out until he either finds his own shot or gets it to Duncan..

It makes no sense to me how the FO can go out and acquire him without knowing how they're going to use him..

Pauleta14
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM

That's not the point, we all know what manu can bring once he is in shape...
We don't know what to do with RJ...

ElNono
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
What's alarming is that Ginobili probably will never be the Ginobili of old times. Rather just and old Ginobili.

Yes Jefferson hasn't been playing terrific, but he is not the only reason why the Spurs are losing.

I thought RJ was insurance in case Manu got injured again...

nbaman99
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Tony and Timmy has same assists, this is bad, that meens tony shooting way more, he needs to set plays get others involes.

ginobili fan
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
first I want to know what are jefferson major qualities .

z0sa
12-05-2009, 11:54 PM
He's good, just needs to find his niche.

Why hasn't he been able to already?

Because we've been missing members of the Big 3 night in and night. Only recently have we finally got everyone back healthy. Keep in mind he will have off nights like any other human being.

I'm hoping we're at the beginning of a long stretch of health team-wide(besides Finley...WGAF about Finley?) now.

Pauleta14
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I agree. You can't blame RJ if he's getting no touches. You can only ask him to play good D and he did that.

Make yourself AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!

:bang:bang:bang

+ When he had the ball, he just passed it or did nothing constructive most of the time!
At leat his D was ok...

Purch
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
If Tony could pass it to people when they cut Jefferson would be averaging 17+ If you have leauge pass I want you to take the time to just watch the cuts Jefferson made tonight

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-05-2009, 11:56 PM
That's not the point, we all know what manu can bring once he is in shape...
We don't know what to do with RJ...

Do we really know what Manu can bring? Seriously, I'm a fan of Manu but I highly doubt we are going to get 2007 pre injury Manu again.

Purch
12-05-2009, 11:56 PM

+ When he had the ball, he just passed it or did nothing constructive most of the time!
At leat his D was ok...

How about instead of just giving him the ball on the perimeter you pass it to him whiles he's cutting 85% of the time. If opposing players have to play his cuts tightly because His teamates can pass it opens up his scoring game so much. Just look at the Mavs games when Manu passed it to Jefferson when he was cutting it made it so much easier

ElNono
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM

At leat his D was ok...

Go watch the game again. He did cut under the basket all game. Manu found him once. The thing is, if we're running TD/TP pick n roll then you HAVE TO camp on the three point line. That's outlr system. If you don't like it, then we need to change it, but don't blame RJ for doing what the coach is asking him to do...

ginobili fan
His usage rate with Parker and Duncan on the floor is lower than Roger Mason's and similar to Matt Bonner's..

Again, what the fuck do you want him to do?..

He can't play with Duncan without playcalling in his favor, because Timmy is obviously a post player..

He can't play effectively with Parker because Tony just dribbles the clock out until he either finds his own shot or gets it to Duncan..

It makes no sense to me how the FO can go out and acquire him without knowing how they're going to use him..

That's I'm saying in another thread!!
I don't want to bash him completely and I'm not a hater.
But it's desperating for me after we all were in ecxitement mode after the trade.
Then change the game or trade jefferson.
Because in any of these two cases it's completely nonsese. Really.

SanAntonioSpurs23

He is, but who knew that Rj wouldn't fit in with TP and TD.

Like someone else said TP is so used to dribbling out the shot clock until there is only 4-5 seconds left until he shoots or kicks it out to a SPOT UP Shooter. Jefferson is not a spot up shooter.

Seriously stop defending your favorite fucking player and try to understand... (This isn't directed towards you Elnono)

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Jefferson is overrated. He is just an average player in this league. He is no where near a star, nor will he ever. ppl's are just going to have to come to grips with that.

Purch
12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Jefferson is overrated. He is just an average player in this league. He is no where near a star, nor will he ever. ppl's arejust going to have to come to grips with that.

Kill yourself
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kill%20yourself/dreamlord1979/you-should-kill-yourself-animated.gif

Johnny RIngo
12-06-2009, 12:03 AM

If that's what they wanted, they went after the wrong player. Carter/SJax fits that role better than Jefferson does, especially because they can shoot the three-ball and create for their team mates.

Höfner
12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Fake. And Parker's got two straight games on his conscience now where we had a chance but he turned the ball over.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:04 AM
If that's what they wanted, they went after the wrong player. Carter/SJax fits that role better than Jefferson does, especially because they can shoot the three-ball.

We couldn't get Carter without giving up more than they wanted to at the time.

As for S-Jax, I was for that idea the whole time.... and I wish they would have.

ginobili fan
12-06-2009, 12:05 AM
This is funny you guys want TP or TD to pass the ball to jefferson when he cuts but the problem is POP doesn't want to.
Because POP wants Tony to dribble the ball during 10 seconds and then to pass the ball to Timmy who wants to post and finish his job.
While the others are waiting and looking.
This is SPURS BASKETBALL.

But the other thing is that Jefferson is a terrible dribbler , he can't create a shot himself then maybe he is forced naturally to do a Finleyesque job.

Kori Ellis
Jefferson is overrated. He is just an average player in this league. He is no where near a star, nor will he ever. ppl's are just going to have to come to grips with that.

I'm not sure anyone expects him to be a star. They just expect him to be a little more consistent and aggressive.

I know it's the "in" thing to say RJ's struggles are because of TP... but most of the time, RJ plays better with Tim off the floor, whether Tony is in or not. I think eventually they'll all mesh, but Spurs fans don't have much patience.

Purch
The formula really is basic the better passer Tony becomes = The more productive Rj Will be

ElNono
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
He is, but who knew that Rj wouldn't fit in with TP and TD.

Like someone else said TP is so used to dribbling out the shot clock until there is only 4-5 seconds left until he shoots or kicks it out to a SPOT UP Shooter. Jefferson is not a spot up shooter.

Seriously stop defending your favorite fucking player and try to understand... (This isn't directed towards you Elnono)

I understand what you mean completely. But I thought it was pretty obvious that unless we made some changes in our offense, he wouldn't fit in. I mean, I fully expected plays to be run for an atheltic ~20 PPG scorer that averages almost 50% FG career wise. I was actually expecting some of the plays we used to run for Manu would be run for RJ. But there has been none of that. It's actually been terrible to watch. I think it's pretty much the same thing with Dice.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
This is funny you guys want TP or TD to pass the ball to jefferson when he cuts but the problem is POP doesn't want to.
Because POP wants Tony to dribble the ball during 10 seconds and then to pass the ball to Timmy who wants to post and finish his job.
While the others are waiting and looking.
This is SPURS BASKETBALL.

But the other thing is that Jefferson is a terrible dribbler , he can't create a shot himself then maybe he is forced naturally to do a Finleyesque job.

He wasn't brought in to be a creator. He is a SLASHER from the wing and that is what the Spurs wanted, so if they are going to stick to "Spurs basketball" then why the hell did they go after RJ?

Purch
12-06-2009, 12:08 AM
I understand what you mean completely. But I thought it was pretty obvious that unless we made some changes in our offense, he wouldn't fit in. I mean, I fully expected plays to be run for an atheltic ~20 PPG scorer that averages almost 50% FG career wise. I was actually expecting some of the plays we used to run for Manu would be run for RJ. But there has been none of that. It's actually been terrible to watch. I think it's pretty much the same thing with Dice.

See thats the problem maybe we expect to much plays from a HOF coach

ginobili fan
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM

I agree 200 %

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
If they wanted a spot up shooter why didn;t they go after Kapono? :lol

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 12:10 AM
We couldn't get Carter without giving up more than they wanted to at the time.

As for S-Jax, I was for that idea the whole time.... and I wish they would have.

the only player more they would have to give up was mason. I would of taken that in a second.

S-jax was never going to happen.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:11 AM

Well than that is not Rj's fault. The Fo and Pop should know what type of player RJ is, and they should have known he doesn't fit into the spot up shooter role....

ginobili fan
12-06-2009, 12:11 AM
The formula really is basic the better passer Tony becomes = The more productive Rj Will be

You don't understand at all the game.
What do you expect from Tony?
I know that sometimes he has tunnel vision but it's not on Tony.
Really, not.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
the only player more they would have to give up was mason. I would of taken that in a second.

S-jax was never going to happen.

First off they wanted Hill and Mason + Bowen and Fabb, and as I recall a lot of ST were going to shit bricks if that happened.

Not just for Trading Hill but also Mason.....

ginobili fan
12-06-2009, 12:13 AM
He wasn't brought in to be a creator. He is a SLASHER from the wing and that is what the Spurs wanted, so if they are going to stick to "Spurs basketball" then why the hell did they go after RJ?

Agree.
Then the fault is on the guy with scary eyes and CO.
Poor Peter Holt.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Maybe Pop shouldn't have "shortened" the playbook.

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I was one of the few here that actually wanted Vince as a player(the usual misconceptions about him hurting views by others), but we would have had to give up Hill AND Mason for him..acquiring Jefferson made more sense in that regard..

Jefferson isn't an average player, that's just a stupid comment by a troll..

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
I was one of the few here that actually wanted Vince as a player(the usual misconceptions about him hurting views by others), but we would have had to give up Hill AND Mason for him..acquiring Jefferson made more sense in that regard..

Jefferson isn't an average player, that's just a stupid comment by a troll..

NO, just mason

Purch
12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
You don't understand at all the game.
What do you expect from Tony?
I know that sometimes he has tunnel vision but it's not on Tony.
Really, not.

Well It's more on Pop because of the plays then Tony. But I put it on Tony because the Pg is supposed to be the court General and when you can't find your newly acquired' scorer who cuts 85% of the game its on you to become a better passer as I'd say to any pg.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
NO, just mason

Are you retarded? They wanted Hill as well

ginobili fan
12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
NO, just mason

Then you suck Roger.
Stop basketball.

ElNono
Well than that is not Rj's fault. The Fo and Pop should know what type of player RJ is, and they should have known he doesn't fit into the spot up shooter role....

Exactly. Then again, one could make the argument that Pop doesn't want to burden RJ with the offensive playbook now, and wants to make sure he can play the D consistently. We have heard how complex the Spurs system is, so this is plausible.
Obviously, every loss makes everybody more anxious. But we'll have to wait and see. Pop might also be gauging what kind of Manu is he getting for the rest of the season. Nobody knows what's going on Pop's mind, but one thing is for sure, you simply cannot blame RJ squarely for this.

Jason R
Fake. His success in NJ was facilitated by Jason Kidd, and his success on the Bucks... it was the Bucks!

Johnny RIngo
12-06-2009, 12:27 AM
First off they wanted Hill and Mason + Bowen and Fabb, and as I recall a lot of ST were going to shit bricks if that happened.

Not just for Trading Hill but also Mason.....

I'd still do it. A guy like Hill is a lot easier to replace than someone like Carter.

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I'd still do it. A guy like Hill is a lot easier to replace than someone like Carter.

I wouldn't have minded it at all, but our backup 1 spot is already bad as it is..

Purch
12-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Fake. His success in NJ was facilitated by Jason Kidd, and his success on the Bucks... it was the Bucks!

Funny how good passers work .

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:32 AM

Are you serious? Carter is a good player, but he is also 33. The Spurs basically would have gave up their entire bench for him.

Without Hill you need to adress the PG situation unless you want JV as your primary backup. Trade away Mason and you are left with a 4 man rotation in the back court.

TP/?????
Manu/VC/Finley.

Maybe Hairston would get more burn but tat back court is garbage especially when both TP and Manu have had injuries.

RJ hasn't worked out so far, but if we would have got VC we would have been in worse shape.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Funny how good passers work .

You really are a TP hater huh?

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 12:38 AM
the spurs would of been better off holding out on signing a player like jefferson and waited til the summer of 2010.
RJ just can't play on the big stage. He was terrible in the 2003 finals. Yeah, he had a solid season for the bucks. No pressure their.

Purch
12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
You really are a TP hater huh?
NO i actually enjoy watching him play but that dosen't mean I wont point out that he needs to improve his passing

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 12:43 AM
the spurs would of been better off holding out on signing a player like jefferson and waited til the summer of 2010.
RJ just can't play on the big stage. He was terrible in the 2003 finals. Yeah, he had a solid season for the bucks. No pressure their.

Yeah..... I'm not saying that the Spurs can't compete for a title in 2010 or 2011, but the main focus was to try and win this year. Each year Timmy gets older and like Pop said RJ is probably as good of a player as the Spurs could have hoped for in 2010. Seriously who could the Spurs go after? Wade, Bosh, LBJ, Dirk etc are not coming here.

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Are you serious? Carter is a good player, but he is also 33. The Spurs basically would have gave up their entire bench for him.

Without Hill you need to adress the PG situation unless you want JV as your primary backup. Trade away Mason and you are left with a 4 man rotation in the back court.

TP/?????
Manu/VC/Finley.

Maybe Hairston would get more burn but tat back court is garbage especially when both TP and Manu have had injuries.

RJ hasn't worked out so far, but if we would have got VC we would have been in worse shape.

I'd take vince over RJ in a second. You lose hill, you go out and make a trade for back up point guard. Mason's salary is off the books. You can trade bonner and finley and Kurt thomas. You don't need a star to backup TP.

Vince Carter at 35 will be better than RJ at 29.

androck
12-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Richard Jefferson is an average player based on the WP48 statistical analysis method of Dave Berri. He's definitely not worth $14 million but we're not paying him that much. However, he's a big upgrade from Finley.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Stephen Jackson. His 3PT shooting was .338 last year and this year it's in the .200s. He takes way too many shots considering how many he misses. He can't rebound and he gets a lot of steals but gambles on defense so it's not worth it. It's not 2003 anymore. The guy is 30 years old with 4 years and $35 million remaining on his contract. That's the kind of deal that dumb GMs make, not RC. At least if the RJ experiment fails, next year he's a $16 million expiring contract.

BackHome
12-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Jefferson is a good player but the system we have him playing in does not bring out his strengths. We need him playing with our speed group Manu and Hill were we are running the floor. He is a good player for us but he would be excellent player for a team team like the Suns and Mavs who like to run and gun....

ElNono
12-06-2009, 01:27 AM

A December Spurs game is the big stage?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Jefferson didn't play "terrible" in the 2003 finals. He had a couple good games, a decent game and 2 bad games.

NZ Spurs
12-06-2009, 03:38 AM
RJ is simply not being aggressive, that and he is being covered well by the opposition. You people seem to want RJ to pick up the slack when the scoring dries up, however, the scoring tends to dry up when teams pack the lane to stop Parker penetrating. This has the effect of also slowing RJ, as that is how he likes to score.

One other option would be to post RJ up, but then you are making a conscious decision to post RJ instead of Tim which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

At the moment, RJ is great in the open court, he is a good athletic defender as well as being a threat that draws attention. once the Spurs, read Pop, find out how to use him effectively things will start to roll and this new crop of immature trolls, who are filling up my ignore list at an alarming rate, will change their tune.

Pauleta14
12-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Do we really know what Manu can bring? Seriously, I'm a fan of Manu but I highly doubt we are going to get 2007 pre injury Manu again.

As long as his heart isn't injured I don't have ANY doubt he'll come bck at his real level...
People forget that he doen't only bring offense, he set the tone defensively, he is the most reliable at FT in money time and he scares opposite teams/coaches, so he opens spaces...

even if he doesn't dunk any more, I don't care! I hust want him bck in "normal" shape, then we have a shot for the title...

Bck to Jeffersson, except for the "occasional" intensity he puts on D or his efficiency when niether of our stars are on the floor,
I couldn't say on what areas RJ is reliable...

TIMMYD!
12-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Maybe we should bring him off the bench if he needs the ball in his hands to create. The best thing I've seen him do is dunk it against the Mavs and Blazers.

Agloco
12-06-2009, 03:22 PM

:rolleyes

EricB
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Afraid to tell u folks not only is having trouble finding rooom to score but uh, the unbeatable fantastic perfect Bruce Bowen used to get lit up like that against carmello too. When a player of his caliber gets going your not gonna stop him. That simple.

#2!
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM

I know I'm risking becoming SA210-like by pushing this one thing so much, but I can't help feeling that Pop taking over the play calling might solve some of these problems.

Since this was Pop's decision its not like I'm on his nuts or anything, in fact, I can't understand how he thought all of these new guys would mesh if he wasn't making sure they were getting the ball where they needed it. Seriously, how can a shoot first PG, and two guys that were ordered not to play basketball for 3+ months, be expected to set up a bunch of players they aren't familiar with.

This is the only coaching decision of the season I can not stand by whatsoever. I worry sometimes that, not at all entirely, but in some small way, Pop has lost the fire needed to coach a team through every play necessary in order to win. Hopefully it'll come back if he has indeed lost it.

galvatron3000
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
RJ would most likely thrive under a pg like Chris Paul than Tony Parker

temujin
12-06-2009, 05:28 PM

I agree, NO becoming the trash they are, Jefferson would thrive.
He would score his 20 ppg and his team would loose 70% of games.
perfect fit.

BillMc
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM

Or perhaps a young Jason Kidd? The point is a Chris Paul clone is not coming through the door. We have what we have, now we just need to make it work with RJ.

jdev82
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Jefferson sucks.

And I think he's gay.

howd you get unpinked?

spurtech09
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
rj had a pretty good game

5in10
12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Let's trade him for tayshaun or Caron someone that we at least Know is a solid defender...

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Let's trade him for tayshaun or Caron someone that we at least Know is a solid defender...
lol

Chieflion
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I got a lol out of this because both of them are practically having the worst season of their career.

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 09:50 PM

RJ was never a solid defender. He's not here to defend. He's here to score and take pressure off the big three. If the spurs were looking for a lock down defender, they went looking in all the wrong places.

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Jefferson was a great defender until his last year in New Jersey..

This sentiment was also repeated by some people in the organization, and that was the thought process that was involved..they hoped he would get back to defending now that he would have less offensive responsibilities..

His defense has been improving, but obviously it hasn't been as good as the Spurs had hoped..

duhoh
12-06-2009, 10:51 PM

are you sure your name isn't Sum Ting Wong?

senorglory
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Recent December issue, the SportingNews reported their NBA top 50 list (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/46066/nbas_top_50_players_all-star_panel_picks_kobe_bryant_no._1_over_lebron_jam es): RJ at 46.

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Recent December issue, the SportingNews reported their NBA top 50 list (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/46066/nbas_top_50_players_all-star_panel_picks_kobe_bryant_no._1_over_lebron_jam es): RJ at 46.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/46066/nbas_top_50_players_all-star_panel_picks_kobe_bryant_no._1_over_lebron_jam es

This list is full of shit. Their is no way RJ is better than andrew bynum.

VivaPopovich
12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
A good player.

This is the first time Pop is coaching an athletic SF, give it time.

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
A good player.

Sean elliott wasn't athletic?

NZ Spurs
12-07-2009, 12:41 AM
A good player.

*cough*sean elliott*cough*

galvatron3000
12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree, NO becoming the trash they are, Jefferson would thrive.
He would score his 20 ppg and his team would loose 70% of games.
perfect fit.

Or perhaps a young Jason Kidd? The point is a Chris Paul clone is not coming through the door. We have what we have, now we just need to make it work with RJ.

My point is in order to get the most effectiveness you use a guys strengths. His strengths seem more suited and enhanced alongside a pg that distributes the ball. I think in bringing someone like Jefferson to the team, which was because he didn't necessarily have to have the ball, they/we forgot our pg is a scoring pg. Vince Carter would have been a better fit because he can create with the ball. If Rj doesn't start posting up and becoming a defender then I'd say they do better with Stephen Jackson than him. We missed out on Carter.

Now if we had a pg that was setting everyone else up then RJ could move around and be more effective. Tony's strength is scoring, taking people off the dribble and fast break alone that doesn't benefit Jefferson it actually takes away from Jefferson's game and leaves him null in most cases.

Bukefal
12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
He is definitely not a fake. Jefferson is a good player. But he's new to the team, he need to adjust and the team needs to adjust to him. That's completely normal. It didn't work out yet, but be confident. It will.

stealthjbravo
12-08-2009, 03:28 AM
He isn't a fake. He just needs to say F' You Timmy and take the ball to the hole

spursbird
12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Jefferson need to play small ball. Start Hairston and bench him.

jiggy_55
12-08-2009, 05:09 AM
I think its time for Pop to tinker with the lineup cuz this one simply isn't working.. Ratliff needs to play a bit, and maybe even start as a defensive presence.. Mcdyess isn't playing well now, maybe he'll give a spark off the bench..

as for Jefferson, I think its time Pop benched him, Manu style.. he'll still get his minutes but he's just not effective right now as a starter with Timmy and Tony.. bring him off the bench and let him try to get on a role with from their.. Start mason or manu.. maybe this can spark the team! A change is needed, thats what i know for sure because this simply isn't working right now..

#2!
12-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Jefferson need to play small ball. Start Hairston and bench him.

Hey, stop that.:nope