PDA

View Full Version : Bring back PJ carlesimo

SinBAD
12-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Nothing wrong with the players at this point. Parker is getting back into game shape, tim is dominating, Manu needs more time but our offense is just horrible.Its pretty redundant. pick and roll with duncan and parker or parker drives in and kicks out for the 3.We dont need pop for that.Ever since Pj left in 2008 and our offense has sucked. Pop is excellent out of time outs but Pj was great on offense. There is no fluidity, no ball movement. I remember the days when we made the extra pass, got everyone involved.No its all 1 on 1 basketball, whether its timmy, parker or manu.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2009, 12:10 AM
PJ didn't run much of the offensive schemes.

Chomag
12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Would be nice to have him as an assistant once again. I don't think they guy ever got enough credit for how important he was at being a part of the champion success.

honestfool84
12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
:lol

lefty
12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
PJ was in San Antonio only to prevent Pop from drinking too much wine

I agree, bring him back

Ditty
12-06-2009, 12:56 AM

I kinda have to disagree with you on this one IMO i though PJ was the smarts of the offense

Jason R
12-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Bring back PJ!

stealthjbravo
12-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Would be nice to have him as an assistant once again. I don't think they guy ever got enough credit for how important he was at being a part of the champion success.

I agree. Bring back PJ now! :wow

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
PJ was very underrated. I would enjoy seeing him back with us.

Zero_Twilight
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Nothing wrong with the players at this point. Parker is getting back into game shape, tim is dominating, Manu needs more time but our offense is just horrible.Its pretty redundant. pick and roll with duncan and parker or parker drives in and kicks out for the 3.We dont need pop for that.Ever since Pj left in 2008 and our offense has sucked. Pop is excellent out of time outs but Pj was great on offense. There is no fluidity, no ball movement. I remember the days when we made the extra pass, got everyone involved.No its all 1 on 1 basketball, whether its timmy, parker or manu.

good idea

barbacoataco
12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I think a lot of the "lack of fluidity" on the offensive side has to do with not having Barry and Horry--- and Ginobili not playing like he did in 2005-2007. Barry was great at getting the ball moving; even though he didn't always play a lot of minutes he really made the offense better. Ditto for Horry.

As for PJ, I think he's a great coach and I'm sure the Spurs would be better if he was on their side.

raspsa
12-08-2009, 09:53 PM

Aside from Chip whose role is clear, what responsibilities do the other assistant coaches have? Who is the defensive coach? Who hanles the offense? Or is this all Pop's job?

Bender
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
so what did PJ do? I wish he would come back too. what's he doing these days anyway, does he need a job?

if anything, he would be good at cussing out players that screw up, at least from what I've heard.

spurs2112
12-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Man I've been telling everyone I know this & they look at me like I'm crazy. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this would be a good idea.

ancestron
12-09-2009, 08:18 AM
When Pj left, so did the Spurs offense.

SpurNation
12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Regarding PJ, I would take Kori's word on this since she's more in the know. But the reality is...the Spurs don't provide much in offensive excellence.

I had the opportunity, (thanks Ryvin1), to sit next to the Utah bench when they played here in San Antonio. During time outs...it wasn't Sloan drawing up offensive plays...it was his assistant. And in watching Utah this year...their offense is better than what it has been in the past several years. Granted Deron Williams has a lot to do with that but...the fact remains...apparently Sloan doesn't call those shots.

Whether it's PJ or someone else...I think it would greatly enhance the team offensively if someone on the staff were to be on board that specializes in effective offensive play calling.

EricB
12-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Lol at the people who think PJ had anything to do with the offense.

Whisky Dog
12-09-2009, 11:25 AM

When I saw the thread title I knew this was going to be here.

Kori is a certified PJ hater. EricB/Tpark is a kiss ass

Fact is Spurs have sucked since PJ left. Mike Buddz is too soft and doughy

EricB
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
When I saw the thread title I knew this was going to be here.

Kori is a certified PJ hater. EricB/Tpark is a kiss ass

Fact is Spurs have sucked since PJ left. Mike Buddz is too soft and doughy

So it's hating if you post a fact? Awesome take there sunshine. Afraid to tell u but budenholzer has been pops right hand man for a very very long time.

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 11:56 AM
:toast I was just thinking that...now that I read your post I am sure now. Let's just trade the whole team except Matt Bonner and Duncan. :lmao

Whisky Dog
12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
So it's hating if you post a fact? Awesome take there sunshine. Afraid to tell u but budenholzer has been pops right hand man for a very very long time.

Soft and doughy I saidd!!

The only good thing I remember Kori saying about PJ is that his neck scars have healed nicely. The only time I remember you disagreeing with her is... who the fuck am I kidding that's never happened.

z0sa
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Why?

EricB
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Soft and doughy I saidd!!

The only good thing I remember Kori saying about PJ is that his neck scars have healed nicely. The only time I remember you disagreeing with her is... who the fuck am I kidding that's never happened.

Either your retarded or drunk. Or both.

GrandeDavid
12-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd love to see Carlesimo back in San Antonio.

dbestpro
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Agreed. PJ is all about ball movement. When the ball is in anyone player's hands more than 2-3 seconds we stagnate.

Whisky Dog
12-09-2009, 01:30 PM
You want to know what I think? Ask Kori or UTimvp what they think.

bus driver
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
how about # 32?
he talks a good coaching game on tv....