PDA

View Full Version : the 5 reasons we're disappointing so far

Creation88
12-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Pop's rotations are horrible at times. why are Blair, Bogans, Finley, Jefferson, and Bonner playing together? that's 4 defensive liabilities and no one that can create a shot for themselves.
Matt Bonner evaporates in big games. simple as that.
Tim Duncan is on FIRE = Pop stop going to him? i don't understand that.
Richard Jefferson absolutely blows. defensively he doesn't know how to rotate. Carmelo rubbed his taint all over him today. pathetic. offensively he cannot create a shot by himself. Pop needs to bench his ass for the better. he has proen that he cannot play in the two-man game with Tim and Tony. he needs to be in a run and gun offense (ala the Nets) and the second team suits that best with George and Manu.
D Blair is a vital part of this team but he can't do crap when he gets into foul trouble so fast.

MaNu4Tres
12-06-2009, 01:21 AM
*Shakes his head*

timtonymanu
12-06-2009, 01:21 AM
but it's only december...

androck
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Tim Duncan is on FIRE = Pop stop going to him? i don't understand that.

If Pop plays TD big minutes like Doc is playing KG, we might get a higher seed in the playoffs but Tim will look like he did last year. I don't care for another first-round exit. I'll be surprised if KG makes it through May with the minutes he's playing (see: 2009).

The bottom line is if Manu can't get back to playing at an elite level, we have no shot at a title. If Tim, Tony, and Manu aren't all healthy and at the top of their games in May, it doesn't matter what our record is. We're not going anywhere.

ElNono
12-06-2009, 01:31 AM
*Shakes his head*

AFBlue
12-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Spurs' rotations have historically never been set until the all-star break, and that should be the case here with so many new players being integrated.

Matt Bonner is the option in December...if Dice and Blair continue to improve, they'll be the option in April.

Pop will not overplay his stars in December because he needs them fresh in April...it's a LONG season.

Jefferson does not blow...he can operate from the perimeter or the post and has the length and athleticism to be a good defender. He simply doesn't know his place on this team yet.

Blair is a rookie. First, he'll get no respect from refs. Second, he's still learning the pro-game and adjusting. He's already learning faster than most other rookies by concentrating on what he's good at (rebounding, easy layups, and energy) and letting the rest come to him.

I'm not going to lie...I'm disappointed that the Spurs' players aren't gelling as soon as I'd hoped. But the fact that the Spurs lost two games against what is considered two of the elite teams in the league is not going to get me THAT worried.

Spurs need to take care of business against the lesser teams and worry most about continuing to work on their chemistry. December IS early.

DJB
12-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Where the fuck is timvp?

lefty
12-06-2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.filetransferplanet.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

DPG21920
12-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Reason number 1:

Our fans suck and they have no perception.

EP Money Man
12-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Carmelo rubbed his taint all over him today.

:lol

DJB
12-06-2009, 02:16 AM
reason number 1:

+1000

Creation88
12-06-2009, 09:21 AM
fuck that "it's only december" mentality. that's the same crap you all claimed last year and we never got out of the funk. this team needs to shape up now and start beating quality opponents.

TIMMYD!
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Every other elite team has a good record so we shouldn't be saying that it's only december, we should fucking WIN NOW.

itzsoweezee
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
1. Tony has played horrible all season. And it doesn't help that George is a two guard and not a point.

EricB
12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
"Spurs fans are fucking idiots"- Marcus Bryant

he's exactly right. This thread goes as perfect evidence to that..

Creation88
12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
so STFU and get off your high horse. you're the same type of fan that hoped that everything would get straightened out last year and then was blown away when we got our ass trounced in the 1st round.

do you think any other fan base thinks that way? it's december blah blah blah.

no they want to fucking win. the Pop machine has convinced you to be patient my friend, i'm not sipping that kool-aid.

and if the points are so stupid why aren't you refuting them?

bless1187
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
1.) 11 men rotation... sorry, but a 10 to 11 men rotation just isn't going to work in this league unless you are the memphis grizzlies team of 2005. you don't have enough minutes to spread around to keep the players in sync during the game.

2.) Richard Jefferson... i still have high hopes for him. Part of his failure is due to the team (Pop and Tony) but he need to really play more aggressively on offense and stop deferring so much to Tim and Tony.

3.) Tony Parker... i was expecting him to finally establish himself as one of the top players in this league after coming off a career year. His play this year has been very disappointing, his jump shot is inconsistent, his turnover is high, and his defense could definitely use some room for improvement.

4.) Pop (Matt Bonner)... Matt should be a 4th big at best, instead he is still the preferred big man next to Tim more than half of the time. The problem with M. Bonner is that he plays well against team that doesn't play good defense and don't really close out well on the perimeter, but against the better defensive teams (playoff team), he's virtually non-existant, since if he doesn't hit his 3, he immediately turns into a liability.

5. i can't really think of a fifth reason to be disappointed.

bless1187
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
1.) 11 men rotation... sorry, but a 10 to 11 men rotation just isn't going to work in this league unless you are the memphis grizzlies team of 2005. you don't have enough minutes to spread around to keep the players in sync during the game.

2.) Richard Jefferson... i still have high hopes for him. Part of his failure is due to the team (Pop and Tony) but he need to really play more aggressively on offense and stop deferring so much to Tim and Tony.

3.) Tony Parker... i was expecting him to finally establish himself as one of the top players in this league after coming off a career year. His play this year has been very disappointing, his jump shot is inconsistent, his turnover is high, and his defense could definitely use some room for improvement.

4.) Pop (Matt Bonner)... Matt should be a 4th big at best, instead he is still the preferred big man next to Tim more than half of the time. The problem with M. Bonner is that he plays well against team that doesn't play good defense and don't really close out well on the perimeter, but against the better defensive teams (playoff team), he's virtually non-existant, since if he doesn't hit his 3, he immediately turns into a liability.

5. i can't really think of a fifth reason to be disappointed.

word
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
5.) We're losing.

BillMc
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
reason number 1:

+ 2000000

Johnny RIngo
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Parker's one of the main reasons we suck. I feel like an idiot for thinking he was on Paul or William's level. He's not even a top 5 point guard right now.

ajballer4
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok first off Im not one of those we suck so bad fans, I think the spurs are playing decent enough right now. Few things:

1) Our fans are horrible at the AT&T center. So many leave early in close games and the place is kinda dead in close situations, which takes away our home court advantage.

2) Start George Hill at 2 guard. He was matched up against Durant a few weeks ago, and did a pretty good job, showing he can match up even with some of the bigger guys. He is about the same skill level at defense as Bogans. Bogans, at this point, is an offensive liability. Pop could take George out for Manu as he would for Bogans, so Hill would be good again to come back for Tony.

3) RJ. Yeah hes been unimpressive so far. Im not really sure how to fix it. Maybe you bring him off the bench? I think it would be smart to have him, manu, and blair in at the same time while Tony and Tim are out, to maybe set him up offensively more often. His defense has also been below average, see #2.

4) Going back to what Timvp said, I think it would a smart move to sign Antonio Daniels. Hill is NOT a point guard, and Daniels already knows the system. We dont need to make any drastic trades like half of you guys are talking about. This team is capable once they mesh. That could be the only downside to Daniels

5) Give it some time. We'll be back. Go Spurs Go

poop
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
how about SHOOTING 40% FREE THROWS??

ajballer4
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
how about SHOOTING 40% FREE THROWS??

that, and turnovers, can be fixed with practice

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
only December and when jefferson sucks next month it's only January etc etc

poop
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
despite all the stuff everyones talking about, if we had shot even 70% free throws we would have still beat boston and denver

ajballer4
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
despite all the stuff everyones talking about, if we had shot even 70% free throws we would have still beat boston and denver

Agreed. We played horribly in both of those games, so being that close at the end was an accomplishment

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM

If its and buts were candy and nuts, the spurs would be in a better place right now.

spurtech09
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
worthless thread

Budkin
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
It's only 2009.

duhoh
12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Reason number 1:

:lol

murpjf88
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Reason number 1:

Yeah, spurstalk is the reason the spurs are playing so poorly. Lay off the crack.

Creation88
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
matt bonner not showing up in WINNING TIME again.

stealthjbravo
12-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Are you serious? He carried them the whole game