PDA

View Full Version : NY woman charged with tricking pregnant rival into taking abortion-inducing drug

duncan228
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
NY woman charged with tricking pregnant rival into taking abortion-inducing drug (http://www.fox13now.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-abortion-plot,0,474147.story)

A New York City woman faces charges that she tricked her husband's pregnant mistress into taking a drug that would cause an abortion.

Police say Kisha Jones of Brooklyn used a doctor's prescription pad to order the medication, then phoned the victim pretending to be from her obstetrician's office and told her to pick up the drug at the pharmacy and take it.

The woman fell for the trick, took the drug and went into labor, authorities said. The baby was born two months early, but survived.

Jones then tried again, according to prosecutors.

They say that, posing as the baby's mother, she sent a man to the hospital with two bottles of tainted liquid, saying it was breast milk, and instructed nurses to feed it to the baby.

Hospital staff grew suspicious and called police.

Jones, 31, was arraigned Saturday on charges including forgery, possession of stolen property, assault and unlicensed abortion. A judge ordered her held until Dec. 9.

An attorney appointed to represent her, Eric Hildebrand, said he hadn't yet had time to look into the facts of the case.

Prosecutors described a sophisticated plot.

Authorities said that when Jones first phoned expectant mother Monique Hunter, she used a technological trick called "spoofing" to make it appear as if the call had indeed originated from the doctor's office.

"I got a call from my doctor's office telling me to pick up a prescription at King's Pharmacy," Hunter told The New York Post. "I knew something was suspicious because King's Pharmacy was not my normal pharmacy. But I didn't think anything of it."

Investigators were trying to learn the identity of the man who brought the liquid to the hospital.

Strike
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
[B][URL="http://www.fox13now.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-abortion-plot,0,474147.story"]"I got a call from my doctor's office telling me to pick up a prescription at King's Pharmacy," Hunter told The New York Post. "I knew something was suspicious because King's Pharmacy was not my normal pharmacy. But I didn't think anything of it."

Would you just go to some rando pharmacy (knowing it wasn't your normal pharmacy) to pick up a scrip just because your doctor's office told you to? Wouldn't you ask what the prescription is and why your doctor wants you to take it?

I hope the child survives and all, and I feel bad for this woman, but seriously? Does anyone think for themselves?

desflood
12-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe women who get themselves knocked up by married men are not super bright.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
What about Attempted Murder?

why didn't they charge her with that for trying to kill the baby with tainted liquids?

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
so the the guy got what he wanted? the wife is gone and his mistress all to himself
success!

Dex
12-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Damn, that's like something out of a bad Lifetime movie.

Sorry, I just realized that the term "bad Lifetime movie" is a little redundant.

Kriz-Maxima
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe women who get themselves knocked up by married men are not super bright.

Depending on the man's bank account. If its a nice one, she is probably smart.

I say married men who get their lovers pregnant are not very bright.

sabar
12-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Who takes drugs without asking why they are taking them and what they even do?

easjer
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm horrified a woman would go to such lengths to kill another woman's child.

I'm horrified that anyone, especially a pregnant woman, would just blindly pick up a prescription and take it without a secondary phone call to ask what the fuck it was being prescribed for, especially if your suspicions were aroused by a different pharmacy.

I hope that after criminal charges are pressed, a civil suit to recoup the medical costs associated with a preemie is filed.

BacktoBasics
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Are these people black?

mrsmaalox
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
That is so sick. I agree it's crazy to take a drug sight unseen, but it's possible that such a conniving person could have fed her a plausible story. I don't think it's real unusual to receive a call from your doctor's office with "based on your lab work last week, Dr. Jones noticed a drop in your whatever count and called in a script to wherever. Take as instructed and then we'll see you in the office a week from tomorrow".

I hope the baby is okay.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Investigators were trying to learn the identity of the man who brought the liquid to the hospital.

The daddy?

angel_luv
12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Thank God the baby lived. How much hate you must have to try to take out a baby!