PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Spurs' Ginobili lacking confidence

duncan228
12-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Spurs' Ginobili lacking confidence (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Spurs_Ginobili_lacking_confidence.html)
Mike Monroe

SALT LAKE CITY — Three games into a somewhat halting return to the Spurs lineup after missing five games with a left groin strain, guard Manu Ginobili is encouraged with his physical condition and his level of fitness.

Next up: Regaining the confidence that has made him one of the NBA's most dynamic players.

“I felt great before the game,” Ginobili said after Saturday's 106-99 loss to the Denver Nuggets at the AT&T Center. “The good thing is I'm feeling really good after the game, too.”

Ginobili says self doubt has robbed his game of much of its effectiveness.

“I'm lacking a lot of stuff, mainly confidence,” he said. “I'm still hesitating, doing things I don't usually do — passing up shots or not attacking the rim as hard. Maybe I'm thinking too hard, or worried because I already missed six games. I really don't know.”

Ginobili's crisis of confidence has put Spurs coach Gregg Popovich in a tough spot. He needs Ginobili to be one of his go-to guys down the stretch of close games, but only if he is making good decisions.

After giving Ginobili only three seconds in the fourth period of Thursday's loss to the Celtics, Popovich had him on the floor for nearly eight minutes of the fourth against Denver, but Ginobili missed all three of his field goal attempts and committed a turnover.

Fair is fair: After DeJuan Blair suffered the embarrassment of making a basket for Boston in Thursday's loss to the Celtics — the ball bounced off Blair's elbow as he was trying for an uncontested, one-handed rebound of a Boston miss — the Spurs rookie made another bizarre basket Saturday, this time benefiting the Spurs.

Denver's Chris Andersen knocked the ball from Blair's grasp as the Spurs forward went up for a shot in the first quarter, but it bounced off his leg and into the basket.

Popovich had called Blair's basket for the Celtics something he never had seen at any level.

“We had to show DeJuan which end you score at,” Popovich said. “Timmy (Duncan) thought it was OK because the shot was uncontested. Timmy told me to get off his case.”

Do they need passports? Tonight's game at EnergySolutions Arena will be the Spurs' first outside the state of Texas since Nov. 6, when they lost to the Trail Blazers 96-84 in Portland.

Since then, the Spurs' only road games were in Dallas, where they lost to the Mavericks in overtime, and in Houston, where they got their only road victory so far this season the day after Thanksgiving.

They will return from Utah for two more home games: Wednesday against the Sacramento Kings and Friday against the Charlotte Bobcats, before heading to Los Angeles for a game against the Clippers on Dec. 13.

Hairston in Utah: With Michael Finley expected to miss a few games with a Grade 2 left ankle sprain, and with four games this week, the Spurs had swingman Malik Hairston meet them in Salt Lake City on Sunday.

Hairston was assigned to the Spurs' Austin Toros NBA Development League team Friday, and he has yet to be officially re-called to the Spurs' roster.

If Popovich decides the team's four games this week dictates the need for another guard-forward, Hairston likely will be re-called.

Assigned so he could get playing time — he had appeared in only four of 16 games — Hairston can be assigned to the Toros three times during the season.

vander
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM
also lacking youth, durability, hops, and quickness

ElNono
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
also lacking youth, durability, hops, and quickness

And he's one of our best players... Imagine what the rest looks like...

Big P
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Also lacking being in the game at crunch time. That might help.

itzsoweezee
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
i don't care what happens, just limit manu's minutes until march. at that point, let him run wild.

ffadicted
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
He'll get there, Ginobili's confidence is the least of our worries

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2009, 12:21 AM
trade his ass

Duncan2177
12-07-2009, 12:42 AM
That's weird that Manu has a confidence issue. He's a gold medal and nba champion and one of the best guards in the league and the spurs spent a shitload of money to retool to win another title and he's back healthy he should have a shit load of confidence you don't see Kobe Bryant having a issue with his confidence and he's been injured a hell of a lot more than Manu.

DJB
12-07-2009, 12:47 AM
I never thought I would be saying this, but maybe we do need to do what's best for our team and think about pulling the trigger on a Ginobili trade before it's too late.

DJB
12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
i don't care what happens, just limit manu's minutes until march. at that point, let him run wild.

At the rate we're playing we won't even make the playoffs.

qiuyizeng
12-07-2009, 04:56 AM
“We had to show DeJuan which end you score at,” Popovich said. “Timmy (Duncan) thought it was OK because the shot was uncontested. Timmy told me to get off his case.”

duncan is so funny,so humorous

ezau
12-07-2009, 05:22 AM
I never thought I would be saying this, but maybe we do need to do what's best for our team and think about pulling the trigger on a Ginobili trade before it's too late.

Shit. Has it really come to this? To break up the Big Three means that the glorious run has ended. It means that the team has reached its summit.

urunobili
12-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm expecting a HUGE game from Manu either tonight or the next game...

SpurNation
12-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Ginobili needs to start.

temujin
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I wrote this 10 times.
I will write this the 11th for the stupid posters that keep considering Ginobili as yet another -expendable- player.

He will NOT, HE WILL NOT play for a looser.
No matter how much money.
He made that very, extremely, inexorably clear.
So only the Lakers, Celtics and, perhaps, Orlando, could pick him up.
Why should they?

If the Spurs want to trade him, say, to the Bulls or Knicks or Bobcats of this world,
he would say no, thanks, I go elsewhere.
So, basically, he has no market value.

How much simpler can this matter get?

ElNono
12-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I wrote this 10 times.
I will write this the 11th for the stupid posters that keep considering Ginobili as yet another -expendable- player.

He will NOT, HE WILL NOT play for a looser.
No matter how much money.
He mad that very, extremely, inexorably clear.
So only the Lakers, Celtics and, perhaps, Orlando, could pick him up.

So if the Spurs want to trade him, say to the Bulls or Knicks of this world,
he would ay no, thanks I go elsewhere.
So, basically, he has no market value.

How much simpler this matter can get?

You don't understand how trades work, do you?

At any rate, I just hope Manu stays healthy. The rest will come with time.
Actually, I think Dejuan loves playing with him, because he's one of the few guys that consistently looks for him.

loveforthegame
12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
So Finley is only out a few games. Not too bad. Probably 2 weeks tops just to be on the safe side.

I never thought Ginobli would have self doubt. He looks healthy enough so he's probably overthinking things too much.

Mel_13
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
You don't understand how trades work, do you?

:lol

Or contracts.

mookie2001
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
remember when urunobili and elnono used to be in the majority when it came to their opinion of manu?

are they gonna go down with the ship?

temujin
12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
No folks, you don't understand Ginobili.

But that's understandable.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
remember when urunobili and elnono used to be in the majority when it came to their opinion of manu?

are they gonna go down with the ship?

Down with what ship, mookie? What majority? I think the majority still thinks Manu can be productive and get back into a good level to help us win a championship.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 06:10 PM
No folks, you don't understand Ginobili.

But that's understandable.

No, you don't understand contracts. If he's shipped to the Knicks, then he HAS TO PLAY for the Knicks, at least until his contract is over or unless he reaches some kind of agreement with the Knicks to buy out his contract. At that point he becomes a free agent and he can sign with whoever he wants.

EmptyMan
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Lacking confidence? I was not aware the Olympic Gold Medal Winning National Basketball Association 3 time champion was a 5 yr old.

What happened to the Rocky of the NBA...:depressed

temujin
12-07-2009, 06:32 PM
No, you don't understand contracts. If he's shipped to the Knicks, then he HAS TO PLAY for the Knicks, at least until his contract is over or unless he reaches some kind of agreement with the Knicks to buy out his contract. At that point he becomes a free agent and he can sign with whoever he wants.

If he is shipped to the Knicks, which is NOT going to happen during this season, by the way, and I know that perfectly well, he just won't play, say bye to the folks in the US and come to Europe.
He can find 2-3 teams that hire him for 4 millions for the rest of the season.
Euros, not dollars.

The only way he could end up in NYC, actually, is as a free agent, if
1) Cleveland looses the title, hence James goes to NYC.
2) Cleveland wins and NYC gets Wade AND Bosh. In that case, he is interested and the Knicks are interested.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
We don't need huge games from Ginobili once out of every 5 or 10. We need consistent, high level play. I really hope he is still capable of such a thing. It would go a long way for the Spurs.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
If he is shipped to the Knicks, which is NOT going to happen during this season, by the way, and I know that perfectly well, he just won't play, say bye to the folks in the US and come to Europe.
He can find 2-3 teams that hire him for 4 millions for the rest of the season.
Euros, not dollars.

The only way he could end up in NYC, actually, is as a free agent, if
1) Cleveland looses the title, hence James goes to NYC.
2) Cleveland wins and NYC gets Wade AND Bosh. In that case, he is interested and the Knicks are interested.

Ginobili is not tempted by Europe as much as you think. He loves the high level of competition that's on the NBA, and if he thinks he can still compete at this level and there's interest by a contending team, I think he'll take less money to stay.

This whole thing is irrelevant though. The Spurs should try to get something for Manu's expiring contract if they think he can't help them anymore and don't think they'll be able to resign him. It just makes business sense.

temujin
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
We don't need huge games from Ginobili once out of every 5 or 10. We need consistent, high level play. I really hope he is still capable of such a thing. It would go a long way for the Spurs.

In the worst game Ginobili ever played his entire life, he was 0-8 and zero (0) points untill the very last minute.

He then scored 3 miserable Free throws.

His team won by 3. Those FTs.

His team won he championship.

When you happen to get a Ginobili, you just don't trade a guy that could still win you a championship at 45.
Spurs are not built that way.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Those FT's did not win the Spurs the title. All of the other guys doing work to get to that point did as well as Gino.

I agree that it is great to have a guy that can struggle yet still be there in the end, but if Gino is not capable of playing consistent, high-level ball anymore, then the Spurs have not shot at winning.

temujin
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Ginobili is not tempted by Europe as much as you think. He loves the high level of competition that's on the NBA, and if he thinks he can still compete at this level and there's interest by a contending team, I think he'll take less money to stay.

This whole thing is irrelevant though. The Spurs should try to get something for Manu's expiring contract if they think he can't help them anymore and don't think they'll be able to resign him. It just makes business sense.

Absolutely, he will take less money to stay.
Money is not a big issue here.
But it has to be an elite team.
He is simply not interested in loosers.
Never been.

If he feels he cannot make an impact in the NBA anymore,
he'd rather be on a Euroleague contender,
rather on a bad NBA team.
He actually mentioned that several times.
He is no Udrih or Nesterovic.

This is why there are no talks for a contract.
Yes, SA is unsure whether he is still a force.
BUT, he wants to make sure that the Spurs, as a team, will be contenders.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Absolutely, he will take less money to stay.
Money is not a big issue here.
But it has to be an elite team.
He is simply not interested in loosers.
Never been.

If he feels he cannot make an impact in the NBA anymore,
he'd rather be on a Euroleague contender,
rather on a bad NBA team.
He actually mentioned that several times.
He is no Udrih or Nesterovic.

This is why there are no talks for a contract.
Yes, SA is unsure whether he is still a force.
BUT, he wants to make sure that the Spurs, as a team, will be contenders.

Sure, but we're getting ahead of ourselves here though. If the Spurs think he's still valuable, they'll make an offer for an extension. If they don't, they'll trade him. At the moment, that's all the options on the table.
If he happens to get traded, then it's outside of the Spurs control where he goes from there. But they Spurs got something in return, and that's all it matters.

imagevo
12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Of course Manu is lacking confidence! People have analyzed the way he plays and our team has said to be dependent on his health. We have not yet offered him an extension (or whatever the technical term is) and he knows that that extension will be based on his ability to stay healthy. When he was younger he never had to really wonder about how his basketball play could lead to the breakdown of his body. Now he does, and he has to not only play basketball in the best league in the world, he also has to stay consciously aware of the risks of his style of play. He is in a crisis of confidence because he has to think of the dilemma between playing well (but putting his body at risk), or playing mediocre (and maintaining his health).

urunobili
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Of course Manu is lacking confidence! People have analyzed the way he plays and our team has said to be dependent on his health. We have not yet offered him an extension (or whatever the technical term is) and he knows that that extension will be based on his ability to stay healthy. When he was younger he never had to really wonder about how his basketball play could lead to the breakdown of his body. Now he does, and he has to not only play basketball in the best league in the world, he also has to stay consciously aware of the risks of his style of play. He is in a crisis of confidence because he has to think of the dilemma between playing well (but putting his body at risk), or playing mediocre (and maintaining his health).

It couldn't have been better said :tu

rascal
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
That's weird that Manu has a confidence issue. He's a gold medal and nba champion and one of the best guards in the league and the spurs spent a shitload of money to retool to win another title and he's back healthy he should have a shit load of confidence you don't see Kobe Bryant having a issue with his confidence and he's been injured a hell of a lot more than Manu.

Don't compare Bryant to Manu. Manu is not even close to being in the same class as a player. Manu is inconsistent, injury prone, doesn't play the minutes that true stars play and has only one all star appearance, way overrated on this site.

emanueldavidginobili
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
lol at manu being overrated on this site, and kobe bryant speaks so highly of manu and kobe said on his show he had on espn that manu ginobili was his biggest competitor. when manu was young the dude was a force to be reckond with, ive seen this guy do moves that i have never seen from any player.

manu loves the game and hes going to work hard to get back to what he was its just going to be time, the spurs are in no rush, watch come march and into the playoffs, he'll be back.

rascal
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
lol at manu being overrated on this site, and kobe bryant speaks so highly of manu and kobe said on his show he had on espn that manu ginobili was his biggest competitor. when manu was young the dude was a force to be reckond with, ive seen this guy do moves that i have never seen from any player.

manu loves the game and hes going to work hard to get back to what he was its just going to be time, the spurs are in no rush, watch come march and into the playoffs, he'll be back.

I heard the same thing last year at this time.

ducks
12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
damm what a weak mind player
time to trade him now
a player is worthless with no confidence
pick are better then a player with no confidence

ElNono
12-07-2009, 10:21 PM
damm what a weak mind player
time to trade him now
a player is worthless with no confidence
pick are better then a player with no confidence

We should trade Tony, since we can probably get better value for him now... :wakeup

ducks
12-07-2009, 10:22 PM
tp would get more love any where else
spur fans hate him because he is not speak spanish

ElNono
12-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't compare Bryant to Manu. Manu is not even close to being in the same class as a player. Manu is inconsistent, injury prone, doesn't play the minutes that true stars play and has only one all star appearance, way overrated on this site.

No Manu = No Championship... nothing overrated about that...

ElNono
12-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Is that a fact?
And how would you know?

superjames1992
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL!!! :lol

FilSpursFan
12-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Ginobilli slowly losing his confidence together with losing his pate.. :(

mookie2001
12-07-2009, 10:48 PM
so its spurstalks fault, the fans fault or the front office's fault?

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2009, 10:50 PM
that airball by Manu was just heartbreaking..

12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
ginobili for tmac is starting to look pretty good...

ElNono
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM

So which one is it ducks? Do you hate TP or you're not a Spurs fan?

superjames1992
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Manu isn't looking too good tonight. :(

I hope he finds his rhythm soon, but I'm getting worried!

alchemist
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Every game that passes by Buford is pushing that extension check further and further away.

Spurs Brazil
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Sad to see Manu playing like that

:(

Manu-of-steel
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
the team, not only manu has the problem. RJ, RMJ, are not yet clicking, mcdyess is still lost, especially in the offensive end. manu having confidence problem, and the rust of not playing for a prolonged period. i believe the spurs will right the ship after several more games.

it's me
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
one word DONE......

ducks
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
trade his to the clippers
manu is so great he would have the clippers in the playoffs

ElNono
12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
trade his to the clippers
manu is so great he would have the clippers in the playoffs

So do you hate TP or you're not a Spurs fan? Answer the question...

EmptyMan
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
The old manu is in there somewhere.

Players like that just don't evaporate all of a sudden.

TMTTRIO
12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
yeah I'm starting to be officially worried about him (especially when he airballs 3 pointers and now doesn't even drive anymore with no fear). I have a bad feeling and I'm afraid that if the Spurs continue to struggle and he doesn't improve he'll be traded soon.

alchemist
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
The old manu is in there somewhere.

Players like that just don't evaporate all of a sudden.
I hope he can prove us wrong, we need Ginobili badly.

I honestly see him in either a Rockets/Dallas/Lakers Uni next season.

alchemist
12-07-2009, 11:49 PM
yeah I'm starting to be officially worried about him (especially when he airballs 3 pointers and now doesn't even drive anymore with no fear). I have a bad feeling and I'm afraid that if the Spurs continue to struggle and he doesn't improve he'll be traded soon.
The ball was tipped (at least from what I saw). Still he's not driving so that is very worrisome.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm sure the FO is the very first interested in getting something out of his expiring contract if they feel he's done. I think he's doubting everything right now, and a lot of players are tentative after returning from injury. That said, there's nothing stopping the Spurs from dealing him...

Josepatches_
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
He's out of rythim.IMO he needs more minutes to be back but maybe we can't give him those minutes.

He played very well against the raptors.There aren't many players in the team who can score 36 points.I'm sure we can't get a player better than him for us if we trade him.That's the problem with that.Trade manu for garbage is stupid.

Baseline
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I don't trust Manu to do good things on the court right now.

He's taking 10 million from our cap, we don't trust his health, and now he's contributing on the court more like a $2.5 million player.

Facts are facts. I think the Spurs have to be looking at what's out there.

ducks
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I don't trust Manu to do good things on the court right now.

He's taking 10 million from our cap, we don't trust his health, and now he's contributing on the court more like a $2.5 million player.

Facts are facts. I think the Spurs have to be looking at what's out there.

my god you are smart

it's me
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Trade his ass now please........two years in a row is too much... please don't make this year #3...... didn't we get the gayish dude to make up for him....... Manu is DONE.... and it's official.

Manu-of-steel
12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
trading manu is garbage right. We can't get a 10 million dollar player who would be able contribute to the spurs cause right now. Trading manu would cause more harm than good to the spurs. McDyess and RJ are smart players, they've been with us for several months now, and still, they haven't jelled with other spurs players. It takes considerable amount of time for a player to learn the complex plays of the spurs. If we bring in manu replacement, how sure are we that that player would help the spurs get that ring?
Let manu stay, give him time in the playing court and we'll go from there. Obviously, i'm an optimist, manu can still play and help the spurs.

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
i dont know what it is but ducks and i have been saying this shit for a long time now

ElNono
12-08-2009, 12:17 AM
i dont know what it is but ducks and i have been saying this shit for a long time now

LOL @ this hater... Yeah, we should trade Manu for a guy like Richard Jefferson... oh wait... :jack

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
oh wait...you sure were right about manu

ElNono
12-08-2009, 12:25 AM
oh wait...you sure were right about manu

Sure about what? I said that if you're going to trade him you better wait for the season when he's got SOME value. Nothing prevents the FO from trading him now...

But let's hear it from the expert... who are we getting for him that will put us over the top?

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:31 AM
i never proposed any trades, i said he was finished, he was fragile.

my idea would be stop relying on the guy and ignoring our needs at his position because we're praying he'll start playing 80 games at an allstar level again

personally i would trade him for a xbox, cut his ass, tell him adios senor, i realize thats not realistic. he is hurting the team, this year, last year and the year before.

Chomag
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm sure the FO is the very first interested in getting something out of his expiring contract if they feel he's done. I think he's doubting everything right now, and a lot of players are tentative after returning from injury. That said, there's nothing stopping the Spurs from dealing him...

I do agree. Sometimes it's not the injuries that stop a players career but it's the psychological damage it can causes. Second guessing, unsure to do certain things in fear of re-injuring something, and stuff of the sort, it all becomes a bad habit.

ElNono
12-08-2009, 12:41 AM
i never proposed any trades, i said he was finished, he was fragile.

my idea would be stop relying on the guy and ignoring our needs at his position because we're praying he'll start playing 80 games at an allstar level again

personally i would trade him for a xbox, cut his ass, tell him adios senor, i realize thats not realistic. he is hurting the team, this year, last year and the year before.

We did get Jefferson as Manu insurance. Furthermore, we didn't ignore needs at his position considering we added Mason last season. Do you have any opinion as far as replacing an unproductive 10 million dollar player for a unproductive 15 million dollar player?

How do you propose that we address the need at that position, and what player could we realistically get from him that would ever have a chance to play at an All Star level? I mean, Manu at least gave us a 36 point performance this season. Who do you think could give us something similar?

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
36 points is nice i dont know where youre going with that though, keith van horn averaged 23 ppg, dana barros dropped 50, kiki vandelway averaged 28, are they great players?

we dont need an all star, we need someone who wont hurt the team

we need a player who will not hurt the team

we need to get a player who will not hurt the team

we should not be banking on a player who hurts the team

ElNono
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
36 points is nice i dont know where youre going with that though, keith van horn averaged 23 ppg, dana barros dropped 50, kiki vandelway averaged 28, are they great players?

we dont need an all star, we need someone who wont hurt the team

we should not be banking on a player who hurts the team

Did they all do that this season? How does a guy that score 36 hurts the team?
Did you know that Ginobili, THIS SEASON, is averaging more PPG than Jefferson in 11 less minutes per game?

So, it is Manu hurting this team?

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 01:16 AM
thats nice. i am not a huge jefferson fan, thats like saying mark madsen is better than jorge garbajosa

i am willing to hold judgement on jefferson until he totally costs us 2 playoff runs in a row, and misses significant games with injuries, over and over and over and over and over and over again

z0sa
12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Manu still has plenty of game and a fat expiring. if Spurs can make the right deal, pull the trigger. Otherwise, sit tight, get him plenty of rest and rejuvenation and be ready for the playoffs. All one can do with the current deck of cards.

ElNono
12-08-2009, 01:20 AM
thats nice. i am not a huge jefferson fan, thats like saying mark madsen is better than jorge garbajosa

i am willing to hold judgement on jefferson until he totally costs us 2 playoff runs in a row, and misses significant games with injuries, over and over and over and over and over and over again

Do you also hold Duncan accountable for costing us 3 playoffs runs?
Is he hurting the team too?
Injuries happen. Man up and deal with it.

ElNono
12-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Manu still has plenty of game and a fat expiring. if Spurs can make the right deal, pull the trigger. Otherwise, sit tight, get him plenty of rest and rejuvenation and be ready for the playoffs. All one can do with the current deck of cards.

That's exactly my point. The FO has the green light to trade him. If they think Manu is hurting them, mookie has nothing to worry about. Manu will be out soon.

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
rofl

hell yeah injuries happen, i agree with you 100%

i am not playing the tim v manu game with you, this aint no candyland this is real life

game over

ElNono
12-08-2009, 01:34 AM
:yield

MaNu4Tres
12-08-2009, 01:50 AM
It was fun Manu.

MaNu4Tres
12-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Did they all do that this season? How does a guy that score 36 hurts the team?
Did you know that Ginobili, THIS SEASON, is averaging more PPG than Jefferson in 11 less minutes per game?

So, it is Manu hurting this team?

He's hurting the team by his inefficient play. Even though he may be averaging a little bit more than RJ, he's shooting a horrible percentage.

Of course he does more to help the team.( Steals, assists, deflections, rebounds, ect.)

He's just not the same offensively. Deal with it.

ElNono
12-08-2009, 02:16 AM
He's hurting the team by his inefficient play. Even though he may be averaging a little bit more than RJ, he's shooting a horrible percentage.

Of course he does more to help the team.( Steals, assists, deflections, rebounds, ect.)

He's just not the same offensively. Deal with it.

The only way he's going to get his rhythm back is playing minutes out there.
I'm sure that if there are no signs of improvement by January or February, the FO will not hesitate to ship his ass out. So, I don't really know what the bitching is about.

Brazil
12-08-2009, 06:30 AM
The whole team is playing without confidence. When they actually play with confidence see 1st qtr and the 4th this team is very good, when things begin to go wrong side see the 3rd the whole team begins to think too much, plays with fear, misses FTs, doesn't take the shoot, forces passes. We really need a good win against a top team to build confidence.

Ice009
12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm kinda pissed off now that Manu said this.

First he shouldn't have said this and second how the fuck does he have no confidence. I have more confidence than Manu. How could he have no confidence after the Olympic Games and NBA Championships.

Manu needs to get aggressive and shut the fuck up about lack of confidence. I think Pop should start him too.

Brazil
12-08-2009, 06:39 AM
^ I think Manu is not feeling good at all you can say watching him hesitate a lot during the game: pass, drive, shoot ? Only medication: play the game.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Probably a stupid question, but why doesn't Pop start Manu and bring RJ off the bench as the scoring 6th man? Obviously RJ is struggling as a starter and Manu is struggling, so why not start him and help him regain his confidence?

The tough thing is that the Spurs don't have a proven athletic 3 that can replace RJ. You could go with a small SF with TP/Manu/Bogans/Dyess/Duncan. I guess it wouldn't be that bad because teams with strong atheltic Small Forwards are going to have their way with RJ anyway.

If i was Pop, id try -

TP/Manu/Bogans/Blair/Duncan ( i think Blair's rebounding is needed from the get go)

Hill/Mason/RJ/Bonner/Dyess or Ratliff

Finley can squeeze in when he is healthy.

Ice009
12-08-2009, 06:55 AM
^ I think Manu is not feeling good at all you can say watching him hesitate a lot during the game: pass, drive, shoot ? Only medication: play the game.

I know that, but what he really needs in the mindset of Stephen Jackson.

Stephen has no conscience and he doesn't give a fuck. He has confidence in his shot and just lets it fly.

That's what Manu needs to do. If you miss it, you miss it, but shoot that ball with confidence.

I know Manu has said this before in previous seasons, but this season he really seems to be down on himself. Just go out there and play.

Mr.Robinson
12-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I really do think Pops told Manu not to try too hard out there. It's early in the season. Manu will be let loose by March. I don't think Pops would push Manu so early after missing half a season. Manu himself has said he feels good after games. I don't think he's hurt. Pops just has him on a short leash.

Brazil
12-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I know that, but what he really needs in the mindset of Stephen Jackson.

Stephen has no conscience and he doesn't give a fuck. He has confidence in his shot and just lets it fly.

That's what Manu needs to do. If you miss it, you miss it, but shoot that ball with confidence.

I know Manu has said this before in previous seasons, but this season he really seems to be down on himself. Just go out there and play.

:toast
I'm gonna drink to that. Unleash Manu.
He must take bb for what it is: a game. Play the game, shoot the damn ball, drive to the rim. The worst thing in life is loosing without trying.

BTW the same goes to TP, right now he needs to stop thinking too much: being quiet first half, get people involved, fuck I'm not going to that because I need to take care of the ball etc etc... Just play your game TP, play your game.

Ice009
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
:toast
I'm gonna drink to that. Unleash Manu.
He must take bb for what it is: a game. Play the game, shoot the damn ball, drive to the rim. The worst thing in life is loosing without trying.

BTW the same goes to TP, right now he needs to stop thinking too much: being quiet first half, get people involved, fuck I'm not going to that because I need to take care of the ball etc etc... Just play your game TP, play your game.

Exactly. For all the Character issues people said about Stephen Jackson the guy has the right mindset and attitude out on the court. I always say just shoot the darn ball with confidence. Who gives a fuck if you miss. If you hesitate and then reluctantly shoot the ball because you're scared to miss then it never even had a chance of going in, in the first place.

You gotta play with confidence and just play with out thinking. If you can combine that along with high BBall IQ then that is how you play the game.

imagevo
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
so its spurstalks fault, the fans fault or the front office's fault?

I actually did not imply that it is any of their faults, I just said that given Manu's unfortunate circumstances he is going to have confidence issues for awhile and that those issues should be expected.