PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are running through the West and its only December is this good or bad.

carib
12-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Other teams are saying it’s only December because they are playing bad, but LA is also playing bad.

Can we look forward for Kobe and the Lakers to play much better? If La is 5 steps ahead of the West as far as performance now they will be about 4 to 5 ahead when playoffs time comes.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular season doesn't produce anything tangible. It's strictly a means to an end. They've got to address some various concerns: Can Yao come back by May? If so, what are they going to do about Brooks in general, and Ariza in particular (on Kobe). Is Affalo in Denver going to be a cyclical problem for Kobe, or, a structural one?

21_Blessings
12-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Nothing personal NBA.

But the 09/10 Lakers will go down as one of the greatest teams ever. Yes, they're that good.

Enjoy the show.

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2009, 09:32 AM
They're the best team in the NBA, but Orlando/Boston/Cleveland/Denver will compete with them..the Lakers have had one of the easiest schedules in the NBA, as usual..

Muser
12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
At this point they have no competition in the West, just depends who comes out of the east.

Chieflion
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
At this point they have no competition in the West, just depends who comes out of the east.
The Denver Nuggets have something to talk to you about.

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Still too early. LA hasn't had any of those long road stretches. The Grammy Trip might be a good indicator of where the team is at.

For now, nothing can be made of this 16-3. I wouldn't want to make much from it. :toast

Thunder Dan
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
wait until the NBA makes them play some games on the road. They have had 15 home games and 3 away games.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't know if it'll really matters much when this team goes on the road--they were 29-12 last year for best in the NBA, but it is still too early to coronate anything or say that the Lakers are running away from anything. All I want to see is a continued effort on both sides of the ball and an increasing improvement by the bench (Farmar and Brown). Although the West took a shot when Oden went down, there is still some worthy adversaries out there.

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't know if it'll really matter much when this team goes on the road--they were 29-12 last year for best in the NBA, but it is still too early to coronate anything or say that the Lakers are running away from anything. All I want to see is a continued effort on both sides of the ball and an increasing improvement by the bench (Farmar and Brown). Although the West took a show when Oden went down, there is still some worthy adversaries out there.
Fair assessment. As for me, there are still things we have to see before we can say anything...

Sasha being dumped. I absolutely despise him.
Farmar's and Brown's steady improvement.
Will Bynum make it out of January unscathed?
Artest's mettle on the long road trips. This is very important. We are in trouble if he blows up on the road.
Can Mitch pull another trick?
Will Lamar Odom ever be consistent?

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Fair assessment. As for me, there are still things we have to see before we can say anything...

Sasha being dumped. I absolutely despise him.
Farmar's and Brown's steady improvement.
Will Bynum make it out of January unscathed?
Artest's mettle on the long road trips. This is very important. We are in trouble if he blows up on the road.
Can Mitch pull another trick?
Will Lamar Odom ever be consistent?

I think we'll have the behaved Artest. He knows this is the best shot at getting that elusive ring he will ever have. Last year, he didn't even blow up while playing for the Rockets, but there is a little concern with his admissions of late. It is, however, Ron just being Ron. I think this is the year Bynum makes it all the way through without a serious injury. He'll probably miss a game or two, but the basketball fates have stolen one 7'fter, lest them take another...

The Lakers have an expiring contract in Morrison and a non-factor in Sasha Vujacic that I wouldn't be surprised to see them packaged for a reserve sharpshooter. However, the Lakers are already a gazillion dollars over the salary cap, so it would have to come on the cheap and without detriment to the cohesiveness of the team.

Odom seems to be transitioning hard from his role last year. This is probably due to the emergence of Bynum who is now taking minutes from Lamar in critical situations in the 2nd and 4th quarters. He is also dealing with married life and has his good buddy Artest who's taken some scoring away from LO as well. 10-13pts, 8 rebs, 4assists is about the premium we could ask from the CandyMan...

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
We don't need a reserve sharpshooter. We need somebody who can keep the Brooks, Lawsons, Nashs, Wades, et als in front of them upon Phil's command & assignment. But, Phil is stubborn about in season acquisitions (especially minor ones). Lue was nice there in the Philly Finals.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
We don't need a reserve sharpshooter. We need somebody who can keep the Brooks, Lawsons, Nashs, Wades, et als in front of them upon Phil's command & assignment. But, Phil is stubborn about in season acquisitions (especially minor ones). Lue was nice there in the Philly Finals.

Why? Supposedly, we already have two "fast guards" in Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar, and they're weak against speedy pgs. What makes you think there is a guard out there that'll do better against the likes of Brooks and Lawson? There isn't really anyone that fits that bill unless you want to revisit the Lue era. To have someone you can bring off the bench and stretch the defense would be important to re-vamp the bench and more than likely get Odom back into the swing of things.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Why? Supposedly, we already have two "fast guards" in Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar, and they're weak against speedy pgs. What makes you think there is a guard out there that'll do better against the likes of Brooks and Lawson? There isn't really anyone that fits that bill unless you want to revisit the Lue era. To have someone you can bring off the bench and stretch the defense would be important to re-vamp the bench and more than likely get Odom back into the swing of things.

We've tried the sharpshooter route before with disastrous results. Anybody that comes to L.A. is at extreme risk at failure because of the pressure. I can't think of one sharpshooter find beside Rice that has panned out. Can you?

---

I'm thinking Robinson primarily. He's available and they're not opposed to dealing with us. What do you think of him, Gem?

lefty
12-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Nothing personal NBA.

But the 09/10 Lakers will go down as one of the greatest teams ever. Yes, they're that good.

Enjoy the show.
I agree, but don't jinx them :lol

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Robinson... Nate? I don't think he's a good fit here in LA.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Why, 24?

lefty
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Why, 24?
For starters, he is an idiot; he shoots in his own basket

On top of that, I don't see him fitting in the Lakers's system

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Why, 24?

#1: He's a chucker.

#2: Phil hates small guards.

#3: Won't fit in the triangle, no matter how I imagine it.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
#24 has it down to a tee...

Nate Robinson, while an entertaining forethought, is not Laker material. It would take him too long to understand the intricacies of the Lakers' offense and imagine the tumult that would occur if Nate goes on his own tangent and disrupts the flow of the team? If we were to get a PG before the trade deadline, it would have to be a heady, intelligent, and selfless one. I don't see many of those out there that are realistic...

As for a sharpshooter, I'm trying to figure out who'd be awesome to pick up. Glen Rice was, in essence, the 3rd option on that championship squad. If it weren't for his hot but annoying Cubana wife, perhaps he would've been around for another championship...

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I'd rather gamble on a defensive (point) guard, which Farmar and Fisher both aren't.

I hope we deal for Hinrich.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
But, can Hinrich stay in front of the likes of our enemies.

Muser
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
The Denver Nuggets have something to talk to you about.

Too stupid, Sean Elliott described it perfectly.

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
But, can Hinrich stay in front of the likes of our enemies.

He's a known defensive guard. Not to mention he can shoot. Transitioning him to play the Tri would be much easier than if we dealt for Nate.

noob cake
12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Lets not mention that the Fakers have had like a grand total of like 2 road games....or something like that.

Donkeybong
12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
we really dont need to make any deals. Farmar is playing solid again and Phil has a good bench rotation going. Only person who needs to step up a little more is Sasha, but recently he's been relegated to garbage time minutes. Things are going good, let's not get greedy.

ginobili's bald spot
12-07-2009, 12:57 PM
For starters, he is an idiot; he shoots in his own basket

On top of that, I don't see him fitting in the Lakers's system

Lefty is right. Nate isn't a winner. He's a dumbass. We need a role player, not someone who thinks they are a star.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Lets not mention that the Fakers have had like a grand total of like 2 road games....or something like that.

And?

Keep pointing to that as a real potential downfall of the Lakers. This isn't the Thunder or some other team that hasn't been to the rodeo before. The Lakers didn't make the schedule nor do they get any advantage for this because in the end they've got to do what all the other teams in the league do, and that's try and win every single game they play. That means playing the remainder of the 41 games on the road with the mentality of winning every single time they step onto the court.

Mel_13
12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Nothing personal NBA.

Enjoy the show.

They may well be, but they have a long road ahead to prove it.

They are certainly the best team in the West by a considerable margin. I don't buy Denver as a serious challenger. Denver's ceiling is a repeat loss in the WCF. George Karl and too many volatile players.

The biggest obstacle between the Lakers and the Finals is an injury to Kobe or injuries to two of Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest. They can probably lose one of those last four and still win the West.

Indazone
12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Regular season doesn't produce anything tangible. It's strictly a means to an end. They've got to address some various concerns: Can Yao come back by May? If so, what are they going to do about Brooks in general, and Ariza in particular (on Kobe). Is Affalo in Denver going to be a cyclical problem for Kobe, or, a structural one?

Yao can certainly come back by May but why risk it? Rockets will not be playing Yao anytime this season.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
They are certainly the best team in the West by a considerable margin. I don't buy Denver as a serious challenger. Denver's ceiling is a repeat loss in the WCF. George Karl and too many volatile players.

The biggest obstacle between the Lakers and the Finals is an injury to Kobe or injuries to two of Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest. They can probably lose one of those last four and still win the West.

Affalo worries me. He's in the Lewis Lloyd mold who ain't gonna take any of Kobe's malarkey. You can't stop someone from playing good defense, that is why defense is so sweet (you control it).

Smith worries me as well. He believes in himself, devoutly.

The little kid (name escapes me, I can't hold a thought to save my life) will be playing game 100 by that time, + the pressure of the playoffs will most probably influence him.

Billups is their tangible weak link, as he was in Detroit.

Without Yao, our only obstruction to the Finals is Denver.

benefactor
12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
And?

Keep pointing to that as a real potential downfall of the Lakers. This isn't the Thunder or some other team that hasn't been to the rodeo before. The Lakers didn't make the schedule nor do they get any advantage for this because in the end they've got to do what all the other teams in the league do, and that's try and win every single game they play. That means playing the remainder of the 41 games on the road with the mentality of winning every single time they step onto the court.
You still can't say playing 15 of the first 19 games hasn't made a difference thus far...and you also can't say you wouldn't rather have that sort of home stretch later in the season.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I certainly liked this early schedule. It got everybody back on their heels, squashed some hopes & dreams and enabled Artest to marinate in kindness, gets his feet under him, his mojo straight & solid. It's been near an extended training camp and I'm sure Jackson/Kobe have taken full advantage of it.

21_Blessings
12-07-2009, 02:46 PM

I wouldn't call Farmar weak against speedy guards. He did well against Brooks in the payoffs and defended him well in the W over the Rockets this season. Overall Farmar is playing smarter and much improved defense. His outside shooting however...:depressed

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I think it a moot point anyways. Like somebody cited earlier in this thread: Jackson does not like small guards, he barely tolerated Lue. I'm just going to keep my fingers & toes crossed that Yao stays gone and that Lawson peters out before next May.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 05:06 PM
You still can't say playing 15 of the first 19 games hasn't made a difference thus far...and you also can't say you wouldn't rather have that sort of home stretch later in the season.

It has made a difference, but what I'm saying is this is a battle-tested team now. This isn't the team from last year where the beatdown in '08 was fresh in their minds and their will to win was in question until they started planning for the parade in June. They will get their lengthy roadtrip coming up soon and I think they'll do fine. If this were a team that hasn't fought through the barriers, I'd be more concerned or probably more agreeable that the favorable schedule is more impacting than it really is.

hater
12-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I remember when Mavs were killing everyone same way as Lakers and then lost to the Warriors. Their matchup problem

Celtics are their matchup problem.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Running through the West? Last time i checked, the Nuggets are only 1.5 games behind the Lakers, despite playing 6 more road games.

21_Blessings
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Running through the West? Last time i checked, the Nuggets are only 1.5 games behind the Lakers, despite playing 6 more road games.

Denver Nuggets: The November Champions

cobbler
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I remember when Mavs were killing everyone same way as Lakers and then lost to the Warriors. Their matchup problem

Care to expand on that? How so?

LakeShow
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
The Lakers will most likely make a trade with Minnesota. The Lakers have an have an inside source there now that can give us an attrative player for nothing. ;)

21_Blessings
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Only matchup problem the Lakers have is Houston. Quick point + quick undersized frontline.

Ron is going to bitch slap Paulina.

Capt Bringdown
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Care to expand on that? How so?
Agreed, how so? This isn't 2008.

ginobili's bald spot
12-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Do you remember when the Mavs were the defending Champs? Because we are. SSSSStings don't it? :lol

That reminds me, I remember when any team with a winning record was the Spurs matchup problem. Oh ya... because that's right now.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Denver Nuggets: The November Champions

That's right, because come November 2010, the Denver Nuggets will be the defending Champions :toast Thanks for recognising that :lol

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Do you remember when the Mavs were the defending Champs? Because we are. SSSSStings don't it? :lol

That reminds me, I remember when any team with a winning record was the Spurs matchup problem. Oh ya... because that's right now.

Once again, showing your insecurity.

The Lakers are the best team in the league. Everyone just needs to deal with it. If they are healthy and they do not win a title, it would be a major upset.

bostonguy
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM

I think the tides have turned in terms of who has the advantage in matchups. Celts dont have a james Posey type of player to put on Kobe. Daniels is a nice pickup but Kobe will destroy him and Ray Allen. Say you decide to put Pierce on Kobe. That means Ray/Marquis will have to guard Artest. Ron is a strong guy and would easily over power either one of those 2.

You can put Kobe on Rondo and Artest on Pierce. Fisher/Brown just need to not give Allen space and he will struggle.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I think the tides have turned in terms of who has the advantage in matchups. Celts dont have a james Posey type of player to put on Kobe. Daniels is a nice pickup but Kobe will destroy him and Ray Allen. Say you decide to put Pierce on Kobe. That means Ray/Marquis will have to guard Artest. Ron is a strong guy and would easily over power either one of those 2.

You can put Kobe on Rondo and Artest on Pierce. Fisher/Brown just need to not give Allen space and he will struggle.

I agree, but the Celts front line is the match up that is key. No one can really match up with the Lakers front line and the Celts can if they are healthy and playing well.

You can live with Pierce trying to match Kobe and Rondo trying to match Fish/brown/farmar.

Other teams may have the ability to match up with Kobe/..., but that is not where the Lakes hurt you, it is upfront.

23LeBronJames23
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Lakers only playin easy teams thats why they good.

CAVS R THA BEST FOO!!! u film it?

Ghazi
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM

lmao.

this isnt June 08 anymore

Look at those box scores, I think Vujacic/Rad/Walton averaged a combined 50 minutes per game or so.

Now Rad is replaced by Artest, Vujacic isn't a part of the rotaiton anymore, and the top 3 bigs are Gasol/Bynum/Odom instead of Gasol/Turiaf/Odom.

Meanwhile, Kobe/Gasol are still in their primes whereas the Big 3 in Boston is past theirs.

Kobe™
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Fair Assessment^
:toast

ginobili's bald spot
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Once again, showing your insecurity.

The Lakers are the best team in the league. Everyone just needs to deal with it. If they are healthy and they do not win a title, it would be a major upset.

I'm showing my insecurity by responding to a stupid trolling post by one of your fellow spurfans? I didn't say anything that wasn't true. :lol You are the worst kind of pussy DPG. You want you and your fellow homers to be able to come in here and say stupid trolling shit without a repsonse. And when you get cock slapped and shut up you whine and cry about OTHER people supposedly being insecure. That's just pathetic. I never start any shit talking. But when I see spurfan making stupid posts I will respond. The insecurity card you love to play is really sad. What exactly do Laker fans have to be insecure about DPG? You can never seem to answer that. Because you and I both know it's nothing. And we both know that you are projecting your insecurities on other people. If you are man enough to try to talk shit in the NBA forum you better be able to take it back. Right now you just look like a sissy little bitch.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm showing my insecurity by responding to a stupid trolling post by one of your fellow spurfans? I didn't say anything that wasn't true. :lol You are the worst kind of pussy DPG. You want you and your fellow homers to be able to come in here and say stupid trolling shit without a repsonse. And when you get cock slapped and shut up you whine and cry about OTHER people supposedly being insecure. That's just pathetic. I never start any shit talking. But when I see spurfan making stupid posts I will respond. The insecurity card you love to play is really sad. What exactly do Laker fans have to be insecure about DPG? You can never seem to answer that. Because you and I both know it's nothing. And we both know that you are projecting your insecurities on other people. If you are man enough to try to talk shit in the NBA forum you better be able to take it back. Right now you just look like a sissy little bitch.

Where do I ever come in just trolling? You and your bitch made fans are the ones trolling the Spurs every single week and then you run lame ass smack about rings, and records and ....

Even when I am annoyed with Laker fans, I stick to making fun of them and I don't run weak ass team smack like you. That is why you are insecure.

We see Laker fans make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more shit talking threads than anyone.

LOL at your bitch ass crying about being called out for being an insecure, bitch made douche who can only resort to team smack because you think you are a part of the Lakers organization and that you have won the titles the team has.

Sure, Spurs fans run some lame smack as well, but not me bitch and you better get that part straight. Keep in mind you are on SpursTalk, so obviously you are going to see rival fans ripping the Lakers. But Laker fans do it way more because they are insecure. If you can show me the same amount of Spurs fans that talk shit on LG, then you might have a point about Spurs fans and insecurity.

TheMACHINE
12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
the insecurity card is as lame as yo mama comebacks.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
the insecurity card is as lame as yo mama comebacks.

No, it is the truth. Laker fans seem to think they helped win the titles. They also are the worst collective group on SpursTalk...and it is not even close.

Do Spurs fans troll at LG as much as Laker fans do here?

ginobili's bald spot
12-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Where do I ever come in just trolling? You and your bitch made fans are the ones trolling the Spurs every single week and then you run lame ass smack about rings, and records and ....

So talking about basketball on a basketball site is lame? Got it. :lol Talking about the Spurs record is lame? Just because it hurts your widdle feeeeeelings and causes you to make these kinds of butthurt posts doesn't mean it's lame. Convenient how it because lame once the Spurs started to suck. It's easy to come in here and talk shit about the lakers and Kobe then say "wahhhhhh it is lame and you are insecure if you give me a taste of my own medicine". You are a bitch made faggot for that.

Even when I am annoyed with Laker fans, I stick to making fun of them and I don't run weak ass team smack like you. That is why you are insecure.

All I gathered from this is "it's ok when I do it but I get my feelings hurt when you do it."

We see Laker fans make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more shit talking threads than anyone.

When haveI ever done that? Ever? Answer that. If you have issues with someone else take that up with them. That's not me.

LOL at your bitch ass crying about being called out for being an insecure, bitch made douche who can only resort to team smack because you think you are a part of the Lakers organization and that you have won the titles the team has.

So by responding to your baseless accusation and asking you to explain yourself that is crying? And you call MY "smack" weak?

And when did I ever say I was part of the Lakers organization? Provide a link to that please. Thanks.

Sure, Spurs fans run some lame smack as well, but not me bitch and you better get that part straight. Keep in mind you are on SpursTalk, so obviously you are going to see rival fans ripping the Lakers.

OooOOOOOOooo. And what if I don't DPG? Then what? :lol

You better keep in mind that you are in the NBA forum. And people are going to respond to your stupid ass comments. Quit crying about it like a little pussy hurt bitch with your go to "insecure" card. If that's your best retort then that's pretty fucking sad. I don't go to the Spurs section and talk down on the spurs and then cry like a little ho when people respond. As a matter of fact I don't post in the Spurs section at all. Ever. Like Kori said, Spursfans that come to the NBA section talking trash deserve what they get. So either take it like a man or go back to the spurs section kid.

EmptyMan
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Damn Lakers. They should be cursed for their arrogance. :depressed

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I wonder how many Laker fans were drawn here by an insecure Spurs fan trolling a Laker site. Maybe you girls should lock the door like the Suns, since its no longer fun for you.

Please girl. The fact the SpursTalk is open to you douches and LG is locked up by a bunch of idiots, shows the insecurity the Laker fan base has.

cobbler
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
No, it is the truth. Laker fans seem to think they helped win the titles. They also are the worst collective group on SpursTalk...and it is not even close.

Do Spurs fans troll at LG as much as Laker fans do here?

I helped them win 10 of them and you cannot deny it. I have been a season ticket holder and that money (Lakers tix among the highest $) DIRECTLY contributes to the bottom line allowing Dr. Buss the flexibility and luxury (no pun intended) to secure free agents. If you don't think there is an advantage to having the highest payroll in the league... well then, I shouldn't waste my time typing. Now, lets forget the finiancial aspects of the topic. Do you believe in home court advantage? That a crowd can influence a game? I think most do. So to say Laker fans do not help win the titles is IMO completely unfounded.

I have never been to LG so I cannot help you there. However, I did post on a different Laker site and never thought to visit SpursTalk until a poster from here came on the site talking trash about the Gasol "collusion". I came to here to throw some back at him. I have stayed posting 99% in the NBA forum because Tim and Kori run a great site where you can talk some shit without fear of beaing banned etc. It's an NBA forum and you should really get a grasp of that.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 08:48 PM
So talking about basketball on a basketball site is lame? Got it. :lol Talking about the Spurs record is lame? Just because it hurts your widdle feeeeeelings and causes you to make these kinds of butthurt posts doesn't mean it's lame. Convenient how it because lame once the Spurs started to suck. It's easy to come in here and talk shit about the lakers and Kobe then say "wahhhhhh it is lame and you are insecure if you give me a taste of my own medicine". You are a bitch made faggot for that.

You are not talking about basketball, you are trolling and talking shit. Is the shit talking in the realm of basketball, sure. But you are not talking basketball. You can't. Because you don't understand it. Talking about the Spurs record is not lame. Bringing up the Spurs record every five seconds when it has no bearing on the conversation is. Where do I come in and talk shit about the Lakers? Link or shut your man pleaser. [/quote]

All I gathered from this is "it's ok when I do it but I get my feelings hurt when you do it."

As I said, show me where I talk shit about the Lakers or GTFO. I talk shit to bitch made posters like you because you are part of the biggest idiot fan base on the planet.

When haveI ever done that? Ever? Answer that. If you have issues with someone else take that up with them. That's not me.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Bitch. You say I dog the Lakers and I never do. I catch you running lame team smack all the time.

So by responding to your baseless accusation and asking you to explain yourself that is crying? And you call MY "smack" weak?

And when did I ever say I was part of the Lakers organization? Provide a link to that please. Thanks.

You didn't say you were, but by how you act, you seem to think that. How is baseless when most everyone agrees that Laker fans:

1) Are dumb as shit
2) Are insecure
3) Think they are actually on the team
4) Troll and talk shit more than any other fan base.

OooOOOOOOooo. And what if I don't DPG? Then what? :lol

You better keep in mind that you are in the NBA forum. And people are going to respond to your stupid ass comments. Quit crying about it like a little pussy hurt bitch with your go to "insecure" card. If that's your best retort then that's pretty fucking sad. I don't go to the Spurs section and talk down on the spurs and then cry like a little ho when people respond. As a matter of fact I don't post in the Spurs section at all. Ever. Like Kori said, Spursfans that come to the NBA section talking trash deserve what they get. So either take it like a man or go back to the spurs section kid.

You better keep in mind that you don't see Spurs fans on LG running smack like your bitch ass, do you? Show me where. Why can't you answer that?

I am not crying, I am just making sure that you know who runs shit bitch. Don't forget it. Spurs fans on their own website can do whatever they want and you need take your shit back to LG.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I helped them win 10 of them and you cannot deny it. I have been a season ticket holder and that money (Lakers tix among the highest $) DIRECTLY contributes to the bottom line allowing Dr. Buss the flexibility and luxury (no pun intended) to secure free agents. If you don't think there is an advantage to having the highest payroll in the league... well then, I shouldn't waste my time typing. Now, lets forget the finiancial aspects of the topic. Do you believe in home court advantage? That a crowd can influence a game? I think most do. So to say Laker fans do not help win the titles is IMO completely unfounded.

I have never been to LG so I cannot help you there. However, I did post on a different Laker site and never thought to visit SpursTalk until a poster from here came on the site talking trash about the Gasol "collusion". I came to here to throw some back at him. I have stayed posting 99% in the NBA forum because Tim and Kori run a great site where you can talk some shit without fear of beaing banned etc. It's an NBA forum and you should really get a grasp on that.

I have a grasp on that. Would that other Laker's site allow an influx of Spurs posters that talk trash such as Laker fans on this site? If so, you have to ask yourself why Spurs fans can deal with it and Lakers fans cannot.

I am a fan of the NBA and the Spurs are my team. I talk with other fans all the time and I am widely known as unbiased and definitely not a hater. Do I hate on Laker fans? You bet. But they bring it on themselves and they think they run this SpursTalk.com/Nba forum. Clearly TlongII does.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't even mind LL. He is at least funny and good at trolling. You other fake ass busters need to either:

1) Up your game

2) Learn more about basketball so you can at least be taken seriously.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Don't mistake Kori and LJ's leniency for the majority of you gimps. You all are a special bunch.

Have you ever heard me argue otherwise? Say what you will, I am an equal opportunity man.

Normally, I can let it go (except with my boy Allanon), but lately, you guys have been annoying as shit. And before you go there, it absolutely coincides with the Spurs slide.

cobbler
12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
You didn't say you were, but by how you act, you seem to think that. How is baseless when most everyone agrees that Laker fans:

1) Are dumb as shit
2) Are insecure
3) Think they are actually on the team
4) Troll and talk shit more than any other fan base.

1) Exactly how do you figure that? How many Laker fans do you actaully KNOW? Not talking posters on a friggen forum. How many do you know? So to classify any fan base IQ with your limited contact is in actuality... a DUMB comment.

2) Insecure? Some I imagine are as with all fan bases. But come on, they are a storied franchise and the majority of the fans I know (and actually know in person) are proud to be Laker fans. I certainly wouldn't consider trash talking on a public forum as insecurity... but you can if it somehow floats your boat.

3) I would challenge you to show me one Laker fan, just one, who actually thinks he is on the team. We do have a direct impact on their success and are proud of it. When the Lakers win... we win. Win they lose... we suffer. Before you come out with the "show me your ring" comments... how do you explain the 300 or so rings the organization had made for high dollar and high profile supporters? (see 5:50 post in this thread for more)

4) Stats to prove this point or are you just talking shit?

....and last but not least

You are now the spokesperson for "most everyone"? :lmao

cobbler
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I have a grasp on that. Would that other Laker's site allow an influx of Spurs posters that talk trash such as Laker fans on this site? If so, you have to ask yourself why Spurs fans can deal with it and Lakers fans cannot.

I am a fan of the NBA and the Spurs are my team. I talk with other fans all the time and I am widely known as unbiased and definitely not a hater. Do I hate on Laker fans? You bet. But they bring it on themselves and they think they run this SpursTalk.com/Nba forum. Clearly TlongII does.

It has nothing to do with Laker sites. Ther may be others, correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to visit any site regardless of team affiliation that allows much trash talk at all. And even the ones that have NBA forums don't allow swearing or provacative sigs etc. Thats why most of us are here. It has nothing to do with insecurity.

I know you are unbiased when talking about the teams and from a basketball sense. But just as you are commenting on how you are not like a lot of Spurs fan posters and shouldn't be lumped into that mold.... you do the very exact thing to Laker fans. That's hypocritical to say the least.

ThongII is just a poor delusional Blazers fan. He has his annoying little routine... and it ALWAYS comes back to bite him in the ass. It's quite humorous to me.

Allanon
12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Looks like the Spurs are going to lose.

This thread should get emotionally charged now. :lol

:corn: Carry on fellas.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Poor old DPG.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Poor old DPG.

Why is that pedo? Spurs lost. I move on. The Spurs losing is not inversely related to Laker fan intelligence.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Why is that pedo? Spurs lost. I move on. The Spurs losing is not inversely related to Laker fan intelligence.

It's ok, baby dumpling.

ginobili's bald spot
12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
You are not talking about basketball, you are trolling and talking shit. Is the shit talking in the realm of basketball, sure. But you are not talking basketball. You can't. Because you don't understand it. Talking about the Spurs record is not lame. Bringing up the Spurs record every five seconds when it has no bearing on the conversation is. Where do I come in and talk shit about the Lakers? Link or shut your man pleaser.

Here's you keeping it strictly about basketball yesterday.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/7051/globecover5ty.jpg

Yup. No hypocrisy there. Calling all laker fans stupid has a lot to do with basketball too right? That's your response to everything. Playing the insecure card everytime someone says something about the Spurs that hurts your feelings, that has a lot to do with basketball too right?

I catch you running lame team smack all the time.

Like I said, I respond when other people talk shit, and I will continue to do so as long as I am on this site. The only reason you are CONSTANTLY crying about it lately is because the Spurs have been bad and you don't have any way of talking back. So you cry like a little bitch. So either sack up or go back to the spurs board.

Does it make sense for you to think you can come in here saying shit about Laker fans being the "dumbest people on the planet" and expect people to respond nicely to that? You say shit like that then complain when people talk shit to you. That makes no sense DPG. I mean honestly, I don't give a damn if you want to talk shit. But don't complain when it comes back to you. That's called hypocrisy.

You better keep in mind that you don't see Spurs fans on LG running smack like your bitch ass, do you? Show me where. Why can't you answer that?

I don't post on LG. I used to post on another Lakers site but I don't anymore. Why? because of the lack of freedom there. Myself and a lot of the other non-spurs fans here come to this site for the same reason. Not insecurity. :rolleyes Quite the opposite. If we were insecure we could just stay in the bubble of the Lakers sites. Where it's a circle jerk that no one is allowed to say mean things about the Lakers or each other. That's why it's pretty nonsensical calling Laker fans here insecure. We take a lot of shit being here in enemy territory. And we dish it out too. But I wouldn't have it any other way. That's how the NBA forum is DPG. You should know that.

I am not crying, I am just making sure that you know who runs shit bitch. Don't forget it. Spurs fans on their own website can do whatever they want and you need take your shit back to LG.

:lmao @ Your internet badass act. You just get more and more pathetic. You don't run anything. You're a nobody. I can and will say whatever the hell I want to. If you have a problem with it, then don't come in the NBA forum talking trash. That's the word from the person who actually DOES run things around here. You are nobody to tell anyone to leave this site.

The NBA forum is mostly for the non Spurs fans. So if you have a problem with them talking smack about the Spurs fans there, then that's where you have the problem.

Ohhhhhhh game over DPG. Did you hear that? This is a YOU problem, not a me problem. :lol So I guess this is all a moot point.

Venti Quattro
12-07-2009, 11:49 PM
So where have all the meaty analysis gone? :lol

La Peace
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
They do have the easiest schedule in the NBA.

They are the only team that doesn't have to play the Lakers.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Here's you keeping it strictly about basketball yesterday.

Look cuckold, that was a direct reference to another thread that pertained to why Kobe gets shit and Nash does not. If I was always going around posting that, you might have a point. But the fact you won't find me doing that makes you look like an idiot.

Yup. No hypocrisy there. Calling all laker fans stupid has a lot to do with basketball too right? That's your response to everything. Playing the insecure card everytime someone says something about the Spurs that hurts your feelings, that has a lot to do with basketball too right?

Me calling Laker fans stupid has nothing to do with basketball. It has to do with being annoyed that you are a stupid cunny.

Like I said, I respond when other people talk shit, and I will continue to do so as long as I am on this site. The only reason you are CONSTANTLY crying about it lately is because the Spurs have been bad and you don't have any way of talking back. So you cry like a little bitch. So either sack up or go back to the spurs board.

Like I said, you respond like a bitch made douche by running lame smack.

Does it make sense for you to think you can come in here saying shit about Laker fans being the "dumbest people on the planet" and expect people to respond nicely to that? You say shit like that then complain when people talk shit to you. That makes no sense DPG. I mean honestly, I don't give a damn if you want to talk shit. But don't complain when it comes back to you. That's called hypocrisy.

Why would I expect you to respond nicely? I am stating a widely held belief that Laker fans are the dumbest fans on the planet. I don't complain when people talk shit to me. I complain when cunnys like you run the same weak smack over and over and over when it has nothing to do with the subject. I don't care if you want to dog the Spurs on SpursTalk bitch. But at least be original and at least quit bringing it up any time someone says anything negative about the Lakers.

I don't post on LG. I used to post on another Lakers site but I don't anymore. Why? because of the lack of freedom there. Myself and a lot of the other non-spurs fans here come to this site for the same reason. Not insecurity. :rolleyes Quite the opposite. If we were insecure we could just stay in the bubble of the Lakers sites. Where it's a circle jerk that no one is allowed to say mean things about the Lakers or each other. That's why it's pretty nonsensical calling Laker fans here insecure. We take a lot of shit being here in enemy territory. And we dish it out too. But I wouldn't have it any other way. That's how the NBA forum is DPG. You should know that.

Oh, so it is just a coincidence that I am calling Laker fans insecure and LG is tighter than an 8 year olds ass hole around Cully, and SPURStalk is free to all comers? You are insecure because you come to a rival board and run lame smack all of the time and when it does not make sense. The Spurs record is your come back for everything. You should expect to take a lot of shit when you are on a rival board. What you shouldn't expect is to be able to be a douche 24/7 because the team you root for is good.

:lmao @ Your internet badass act. You just get more and more pathetic. You don't run anything. You're a nobody. I can and will say whatever the hell I want to. If you have a problem with it, then don't come in the NBA forum talking trash. That's the word from the person who actually DOES run things around here. You are nobody to tell anyone to leave this site.

:lmao I come into the NBA forum to call out bitches like yourself when you run lame smack when it makes no sense.

Ohhhhhhh game over DPG. Did you hear that? This is a YOU problem, not a me problem. :lol So I guess this is all a moot point.

Where in there does it say that you can talk shit all of the time and bring nothing good to the board? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I forgot. The Lakers are good again so you can come to a rival board and spew verbal diarrhea out of your man pleaser.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Kori Ellis http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3897745#post3897745)
The NBA forum is mostly for the non Spurs fans. So if you have a problem with them talking smack about the Spurs fans there, then that's where you have the problem.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
It is not just about running smack about the Spurs or their fans. I give shit to my own fan base for talking stupid shit that has nothing do with anything.

I chastise Spurs fans for randomly in the middle of a Laker game thread going "Kobe raped a chick, lololol".

It is annoying and not even funny. It is compounded when Laker fans do it because they are annoying enough without it.

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kori Ellis http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3897745#post3897745)

DPG is always bitching & moaning. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\END THREAD

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
DPG is always bitching & moaning. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\END THREAD

Nope. Just recently. Spurs lose, Laker fans talk, I get pissed.

ginobili's bald spot
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
That's it? You aren't very good at this. That was a lazy response DPG. You basically just conceded victory. I went point by point and disproved everything that you said. Your big response is to say "cunny" a lot? :rollin You could at least TRY to hide the fact that you got owned. Or be a man and just admit that you are wrong. But I know you like to think that if you post more then it makes you less wrong. So I'll let you get the last word. :lol

At the end of the day I win because I'm just going to continue to do stuff like this to make you cry. And there ain't a damn thing you can do about it bitch. :lol

http://i46.tinypic.com/vewsh0.jpg

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM

- "It's like a nightmare. It just keeps getting worse."

- "Grady Seasons" - "The Color of Money"

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Spurs suck, Lakers are great, you're a bitch, stay pissed

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
You are dumber than I thought if you think that you proved anything wrong. The fact that Culburn is agreeing with you should be a huge red flag.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Spurs suck, Lakers are great, you're a bitch, stay pissed

I agree, except for the bitch part. LOL Laker fans are so bandwagon that they even bandwagon other people's smack :lol

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
You are dumber than I thought if you think that you proved anything wrong. The fact that Culburn is agreeing with you should be a huge red flag.

You lost tonite, DPG, and daddy-O, there ain't one thing you can do to change it.

Uh, uh.

cobbler
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
:lmao I come into the NBA forum to call out bitches like yourself when you run lame smack when it makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure you called out ALL Laker fans.... and then when I posted showing your failed logic, no reply.

I would let this one go DPG... you are looking foolish.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I agree, except for the bitch part. LOL Laker fans are so bandwagon that they even bandwagon other people's smack :lol

& that's jake. Jackson sent Fish & Kobe outta that TO in Florida with scalpels and orders. It was over in a matter of seconds.

How's that for wetwork?

tee, hee.

ginobili's bald spot
12-08-2009, 12:42 AM

Exactly.

But he won't.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure you called out ALL Laker fans.... and then when I posted showing your failed logic, no reply.

Nope. Let 'em come. C'mon, DPG, come get some.

Cool beans.

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2009, 12:44 AM

Yes because there is absolutely no chance I rooted for the Lakers during their terrible seasons...however few of them there may be

Will Hunting
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM

Cool beans.

Wtf have you contributed to this? GBS and Cobbler are the only ones arguing with DPG.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Wtf have you contributed to this?

Just bait & flame.

tee, hee.

cobbler
12-08-2009, 12:48 AM

Cool beans.

DPG is one of the better Spurs posters and isn't the homer a lot of us are. He does have a "insecurity" :lol issue when it comes to us Laker fans riding the wave of success though. Probably comes from looking at the Spurs outlook for the next 5 years.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM

You are a special kind of annoying. You cling to semantics like it means something.

I say "Laker fans are dumb"

You say "Really? All Laker fans. Maybe you should be more clear because certainly not all Laker fans are dumb"

I say "You are annoying "

You say "Incorrect again, I have many friends and I am a loveable and likeable guy"

I say "Incorrect, because I don't think you are a loveable and likeable guy and maybe you should be more clear". Then you shut up, because you realize how big of an idiot you look like trying to play those little games like it means something. I shoved your shitty little argument right back in your face. I don't play semantics games and most normal adults understand what people mean without having to break it down. When someone says something like "Laker fans are bandwagon fans", do you really think they meant every single fan? Or were they trying to say that as a group, there is a large tendency for Laker fans to be bandwagon and have a low basketball IQ?

Then the best part is when you come in saying how you pay for a ticket, so you technically helped the team win and you are a part of the team.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Yes because there is absolutely no chance I rooted for the Lakers during their terrible seasons...however few of them there may be

So Laker fans as a whole are not more bandwagon than other fan groups?

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
& that cold blooded f'k took that ball and maniacally headed for the spot that Horry had consecrated in King blood lo those many years ago.....

- "Now say good night."

- Edward Norton - "American History X"

cobbler
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
You are a special kind of annoying. You cling to semantics like it means something.

I say "Laker fans are dumb"

You say "Really? All Laker fans. Maybe you should be more clear because certainly not all Laker fans are dumb"

I say "You are annoying "

You say "Incorrect again, I have many friends and I am a loveable and likeable guy"

I say "Incorrect, because I don't think you are a loveable and likeable guy and maybe you should be more clear". Then you shut up, because you realize how big of an idiot you look like trying to play those little games like it means something. I shoved your shitty little argument right back in your face. I don't play semantics games and most normal adults understand what people mean without having to break it down. When someone says something like "Laker fans are bandwagon fans", do you really think they meant every single fan? Or were they trying to say that as a group, there is a large tendency for Laker fans to be bandwagon and have a low basketball IQ?

Then the best part is when you come in saying how you pay for a ticket, so you technically helped the team win and you are a part of the team.

No... you said "MOST" Laker fans.

No... I didn't reply to your attack on my being loveable and liked because you don't know me from jack. I know who my friends and loved ones are. I have nothing to prove. Certainly not to you.

And yes, I did help the team win and have many thank you letters from them saying so. You know, the thank you letters you get for being a season tix holder telling you how without your support "WE" could not accomplish what "WE" do. If you are so retarded to think that supporting the team doesn't directly impact the franchise financially which in turn gives the FO more options.... then well... your retarded. I never said I was on the team... show me where I did please. I am a part of the Laker nation and have been before you were born and that gives me every right to say "WE" won the title. Talk about semantics...

EmptyMan
12-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Looks like the Spurs are closing in on the Lakers. Playoffs can't get here quick enough.

Ah, so that's what it would feel like.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Looks like the Spurs are closing in on the Lakers. Playoffs can't get here quick enough.

Come hard, else stay on the porch with the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Magic and the womenfolk.