PDA

View Full Version : A quick glance at the standings...

benefactor
12-07-2009, 02:24 PM
...reveals we are not in all that bad of shape, despite our early season struggles. Phoenix, LA and Denver are the only three teams with less than 7 losses...and every team past Dallas has equal or more losses than we have.

Hang in there fellas...

SPURSGOAT
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I agree! I am getting tired of reading posts about dumping the season just cuz we are off to a tough start... we have a ton of games to go yet people and we are really not in that bad a shape. The team will come around; we just won't have a 60 win season... Quit freaking out already.

ffadicted
12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
"Gregg Popovich has said that his new players need to adjust to the system, but at what point do we say that the Spurs just aren't a title contender?"

Despite the blow this quote was, I guarantee you no one else is going to stay positive longer then I will. Fuck what everyone else says, in Pop, manu, tony and tim I trust :flag:

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
i dont really care, this season is basically over and tim duncans 5th ring he will not get it unless he bolts to another team, HOLT should ask obama to bail his ass out after spending this summer on players who can not be implemented into the system cause we are either too old, injured or no faith in playing the young players and stupid rotations.

if we dont get Home court advantage for the playoffs...this team is going to struggle against the top4 west teams cause they have already gelled....

boutons_deux
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Spurs are 8th seed, and the only other WC-seeded team with a losing road record is Jazz, but they usually suck on the road every year, a good indication of why they can't out of the conference.

mfanatic
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
you guys do know with a WIN and a Portland Loss, we're in the 5th seed right?

rascal
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
...reveals we are not in all that bad of shape, despite our early season struggles. Phoenix, LA and Denver are the only three teams with less than 7 losses...and every team past Dallas has equal or more losses than we have.

Hang in there fellas...

What do you mean about bad shape? Making the playoffs? The spurs will get enough wins to get into the playoffs.

crc21209
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Hang in there fellas...

I noticed this as well...Dallas and Houston...the 2 challengers in the Division have 7 and 9 losses already...

xellos88330
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Hang in there fellas...

:toast

I'm not worried about the standings. I am worried about the turnovers. As soon as they tighten that up, they will be able to beat the decent teams on a regular basis.

TD 21
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Hang in there fellas...

This is how I've always gone about interpreting the standings too, but the back-to-back losses to the Celtics and the Nuggets have sparked a change for me. I no longer will just assume that the Spurs will win the majority of their games in hand and be neck-and-neck or above those other teams. Over the long haul, I suspect they'll pick off the Suns and the Mavs, but it's looking more and more like 3 is as high as they'll go.

benefactor
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
What do you mean about bad shape? Making the playoffs? The spurs will get enough wins to get into the playoffs.
Yeah, I know. I was directing this more at the doom and gloom crowd. If they can keep pace they will be fine.

This is how I've always gone about interpreting the standings too, but the back-to-back losses to the Celtics and the Nuggets have sparked a change for me. I no longer will just assume that the Spurs will win the majority of their games in hand and be neck-and-neck or above those other teams. Over the long haul, I suspect they'll pick off the Suns and the Mavs, but it's looking more and more like 3 is as high as they'll go.
Agreed. I'd like to see the the 3rd seed but I am thinking the 4th seed is where they will wind up. With either we are likely only looking at home court in the first round...but I knew at the beginning of the season this would probably be the case. It's going to be a tough road back to the finals, but if they can gut it out it might wind up the most rewarding.

LOL@MavsFan
12-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Hang in there fellas...

That's what I'v e been saying. A lot of these dumbasses are ready to say it's over. So many negative threads out there. I just :lol at each one.

duhoh
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
lol bandwagoners

spursncowboys
12-07-2009, 07:49 PM
:toast

I'm not worried about the standings. I am worried about the turnovers. As soon as they tighten that up, they will be able to beat the decent teams on a regular basis.

+1. That and crisper passes. There passing is worse than in a northside basketball pickup game.

TD 21
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Agreed. I'd like to see the the 3rd seed but I am thinking the 4th seed is where they will wind up. With either we are likely only looking at home court in the first round...but I knew at the beginning of the season this would probably be the case. It's going to be a tough road back to the finals, but if they can gut it out it might wind up the most rewarding.

To me, anything lower than the 3rd seed is unacceptable and will not permit this team to get back to the finals. I figured entering the season that the Spurs would be the 2nd seed. I, like many, was wrong about the Nuggets. I thought there was a lot of '08 Hornets one-hit wonder in them. Clearly, they're legit. For sure, regardless of how it were to happen, if it were to happen, this would be far and away the most rewarding championship. From the core being older, to the drastic changes, to the no longer being considered one of the favorites, etc.

SamoanTD
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
the spurs just have to stop beating THEMSELVES I mean comon now boston and denver barely got those W's freethrows and turnovers man lets get it together.