PDA

View Full Version : These New York military tribunals are a disgrace. Obama incompetence once again

MiamiHeat
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Another fine example of Osama, I mean Obama's, incompetence.

Our little prez would just LOVE to bend over and take it up the ass if he can be the popular girl at the prom.

In trying to 'honor history' and all that, they are going to give the terrorists a MILITARY TRIBUNAL....and he constantly references World War 2.

Did anyone forget to tell this doofus that the terrorists do NOT WEAR UNIFORMS, and are NOT an official army, representing a legitimate nation?
They are TERRORISTS. Hiding among the people in civilian clothes, killing innocent people and children, along with american soldiers, and most of them do not take orders.

How can you compare a no good shameful terrorist to a, say, a captured German solder in WW2? THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

Military tribunals for these scumbags is a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Really, we should just have a policy of taking terrorists out back and shooting them on the spot. And there really shouldn't be any checks or balances -- say, in the form of a neutral arbiter, to decide whether or not the accused is actually a terrorist.

When the government decides that MiamiHeat is a terrorist, immediate execution should be what follows.

clambake
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
you should move someplace safe.

EVAY
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Our little prez would just LOVE to bend over and take it up the ass if he can be the popular girl at the prom.

In trying to 'honor history' and all that, they are going to give the terrorists a MILITARY TRIBUNAL....and he constantly references World War 2.

Did anyone forget to tell this doofus that the terrorists do NOT WEAR UNIFORMS, and are NOT an official army, representing a legitimate nation?
They are TERRORISTS. Hiding among the people in civilian clothes, killing innocent people and children, along with american soldiers, and most of them do not take orders.

How can you compare a no good shameful terrorist to a, say, a captured German solder in WW2? THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

Military tribunals for these scumbags is a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two points:

1. During the American Revolution, the American Patriots were a guerilla force (in many places) that defied the then-current laws of war, and were considered traitors, criminals and 'unworthy' of British military tribunals. We didn't see them as criminals or traitors or 'unworthy', but the conventional wisdom of the large military power most assuredly did.

2). Given your logic regarding the criminality of these guys, wouldn't it follow that they should ALL be tried in criminal courts, rather than military court tribunals? I am uncomfortable with trying any of these guys in civilian criminal courts, and have yet to be convinced that they deserve all of the rights of our jurisprudence style (if they get to look at all the evidence against them, if they had to be mirandized, if they get to speak at length in front of the courts) because they are not citizens of the US.

I am aware that lots of folks whom I respect on this forum believe that they should have the same rights as American citizens in the criminal courts. I still disagree with that. However, your logic suggests that they are criminals, not military, and should be...what? Summarily executed? If we do that are we not losing the thing that makes us different from them?

If these guys can be tried in criminal courts but not have all the rights (including Miranda, total access to evidence, etc.etc.) then I really don't care if they are tried in criminal or military courts. I just want them tried.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2009, 05:15 PM

Military tribunals for these scumbags is a DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So you were just as outraged when Bush ordered military tribunals to try terrorists as well, weren't you?

You thought thought Bush was also an incompetent doofus who wanted to take it up the ass to be the popular girl at the prom, right?

Right?

ElNono
12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Really, we should just have a policy of taking terrorists out back and shooting them on the spot. And there really shouldn't be any checks or balances -- say, in the form of a neutral arbiter, to decide whether or not the accused is actually a terrorist.

When the government decides that MiamiHeat is a terrorist, immediate execution should be what follows.

Why take them out back? Why not just behead them on national TV... that'll show them!

ChumpDumper
12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Also the New York trials are NOT military tribunals. They are federal court trials.

Something Bush also did with terrorists.

Did you hate that too?

mookie2001
12-07-2009, 05:24 PM
dam heat looks like you got dumped on you fucking idiot

mookie2001
12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
what would glen beck do at a time like this?

George Gervin's Afro
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
what would glen beck do at a time like this?

cry

MiamiHeat
12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
I say we set up a COMMITTEE of intelligence officials, with a new name and would only be formed when called upon and needed.

not a military tribunal. they don't deserve that. it would be an honor to be martyred like that for them. get all that publicity and treated as an actual 'combatant'

BULLSHIT.

They are despicable human beings, who should be treated by a third arm of our laws.

A NEWLY formed committee for treating terrorists and other scumbags like these, that do NOT fit a military tribunal OR a civilian criminal system.

This committee will look at all evidences, etc... and can hand out death penalties or sentences.

Ignignokt
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
dam heat looks like you got dumped on you fucking idiot

I don't know.. Miami heat may have gotten owned, but in doing so.. his point was magnified.

Not military tribunals but actual courtroom trials reserved for citizens???

That's idiotic.

Obama is trying to appease the nutter crowd.

TheProfessor
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I say we set up a COMMITTEE of intelligence officials, with a new name and would only be formed when called upon and needed.

not a military tribunal. they don't deserve that. it would be an honor to be martyred like that for them. get all that publicity and treated as an actual 'combatant'

BULLSHIT.

They are despicable human beings, who should be treated by a third arm of our laws.

A NEWLY formed committee for treating terrorists and other scumbags like these, that do NOT fit a military tribunal OR a civilian criminal system.

This committee will look at all evidences, etc... and can hand out death penalties or sentences.
Aren't they being tried in federal court?

EDIT - Oh, someone brought this up, sorry :lol

Nbadan
12-07-2009, 08:36 PM
..it'll be interesting to see how much torture comes into play in the trials....I'm sure the U.S. will convict or they would not have risked civilian trials otherwise, but the information received from torture may be inadmissable....

LnGrrrR
12-07-2009, 10:53 PM

BULLSHIT.

So, and let me get this straight, you're saying they should have no form of representation for their defense?

mogrovejo
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
So, and let me get this straight, you're saying they should have no form of representation for their defense?

Does it matter? Obama has already said they are going to be convicted and Holder has said that the government will just find some way to keep them locked up if the court decides something they don't like.

LnGrrrR
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Does it matter? Obama has already said they are going to be convicted and Holder has said that the government will just find some way to keep them locked up if the court decides something they don't like.

Sadly, you're right. It's total bs. I just wanted to know if Heat could see the flaw in his reasoning.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2009, 04:11 AM
I don't know.. Miami heat may have gotten owned, but in doing so.. his point was magnified.

Not military tribunals but actual courtroom trials reserved for citizens???

That's idiotic.

Obama is trying to appease the nutter crowd.The bolded part is a false statement.

Bush proved that.

Mr. Peabody
12-08-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't think it will be the same type of proceeding that most citizens receive at trial. My understanding is that the government can limit the amount of evidence that has to be revealed during discovery and during the trial. In other words, it's possible that the defendant never gets access to the primary pieces of evidence against him. Also, the defense counsel can be prohibited from questioning witnesses about classified information.

I think it will have the appearance of an actual trial, but without the due process and transparency of an actual civilian trial.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Bump for gtown.

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
bump, for fake victory.

I didn't even know you responded. You posted a whole 2 days later.

and in what way did bush prove what you said was false?

real question.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Your assertion that federal court trials are reserved for citizens is false.

It's no victory for me -- only failure for you.

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Your assertion that federal court trials are reserved for citizens is false.

It's no victory for me -- only failure for you.

so federal court trials were originally intended to try third world citizens for disputes that happened in other countries?

explain?

Weren't federal courts originally for citizens of this country? yes or no.

No chickenshit victories here, chump. You seem to claim them all the time?

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Bush tried foreign citizens in US District Court.

Federal courts are not reserved exclusively for US citizens.

There is no victory for me, only failure for you.

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Bush tried foreign citizens in US District Court.

Federal courts are not reserved exclusively for US citizens.

There is no victory for me, only failure for you.

But the subject is terrorist, or enemy combatants. Were they originally reserved for US courts?

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Federal courts deal with federal law. There are federal statutes regarding terrorism. I couldn't tell you the exact history of all the statutes ever written about it.

But none of that has anything to do with what you asserted.

You said federal courts were reserved for citizens. That was your assertion. You were wrong.

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Federal courts deal with federal law. There are federal statutes regarding terrorism.

You said federal courts were reserved for citizens. That was your assertion. You were wrong.

they are reserved for citizens, that's their original intent. There are exceptions.

WIll this make you feel better.

:lobt:

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
they are reserved for citizens, that's their original intent.Nothing I have read supports this.

In fact, many of the initial cases brought to US District Courts dealt with maritime issues, which certainly involved foreigners.

You need to back up your words. Show us something that backs up your assertion that federal courts were at any time excluded from trying anyone but US citizens.
There are exceptions.Yeah, like any foreign citizen breaking federal law in a US federal district. :lmao

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Nothing I have read supports this.

In fact, many of the initial cases brought to US District Courts dealt with maritime issues, which certainly involved foreigners.

You need to back up your words. Show us something that backs up your assertion that federal courts were at any time excluded from trying anyone but US citizens.Yeah, like any foreign citizen breaking federal law in a US federal district. :lmao

Are maritime traders war criminals or terrorist?

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Are maritime traders war criminals or terrorist?Are foreign citizens able to be tried in federal courts?

You said they couldn't be.

You were wrong.

It was a spectacular failure on your part.

Now you are trying to change what you said, and failing miserably at that as well.

Ignignokt
12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Are foreign citizens able to be tried in federal courts?

You said they couldn't be.

You were wrong.

It was a spectacular failure on your part.

Now you are trying to change what you said, and failing miserably at that as well.

SO when one logs in to discuss with you, that's them failing utterly dispacably miserably right?

It must be an extreme.

Utter failure.

Reserved does not equal exclusive.

Terrorist in Guantanamo for a time didn't have the rights to a federal court.

the subject is Terrorist in federal courts.

You utterly fail miserably with content at mediocrity to understand that point.

I'm glad i could help.

SAGambler
12-09-2009, 04:01 PM

And there lies the problem with this entire Obama administration.

Wait until some silver tongue lawyer gets these guys off on some technicality, and then Obama and Holder keeps them locked up anyway. Then we may see the entire administration put on trial for breaking the law.

That would be something to see. Obamas huge ego causing him to be tried as a criminal.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
SO when one logs in to discuss with you, that's them failing utterly dispacably miserably right?

It must be an extreme.

Utter failure.

Reserved does not equal exclusive.

Terrorist in Guantanamo for a time didn't have the rights to a federal court.

the subject is Terrorist in federal courts.

You utterly fail miserably with content at mediocrity to understand that point.

I'm glad i could help.No, there are many degrees of failure.

Your failure here was laughably complete. Making such a stupidly ignorant statement was hilariously wrong. I can tell it is grinding you up inside that you posted such idiocy because you are feverishly trying to qualify it after the fact or change the subject of contention altogether.

Sorry, gtown. You said that US federal courts were reserved exclusively for the trials of US citizens. You were demonstrably wrong on a very simple matter of fact. It was so easy to disprove using Bush's DoJ as an example that it made you scramble to save face and try to mitigate the damage of this latest failure.

lol @ you and your inability to simply say you were just plain wrong.

Terrorist in Guantanamo for a time didn't have the rights to a federal court. Actually, there was always the potential that most of the detainees could be tried in a federal court -- it was and is at the discretion of the executive whether to actually follow that route or pursue others.

Spursmania
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
And the bleeding continues...

ChumpDumper
12-09-2009, 07:56 PM
And the bleeding continues...So you have no comment on the actual topic.

Your bleeding continues.