PDA

View Full Version : Lakers will be exposed once they start playing on the road

picc84
12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Sounds like last season.

Last season, when we played a home-heavy schedule to start the year, and everyone called our record fraudelent because of it.

Oh wait,

- best road record in the NBA at 29-12, next closest 27-14

- only team to beat Cleveland in the Q

- beat Boston in the Garden on the 2nd night of a back to back (gee Suns fans, I guess it is possible to win a b2b game against a good team), without Andrew Bynum

- closed out WCF and Finals on the road with blowouts

Lakers are a team that plays as well on the road if not better. Have you seen the Staples Center crowd? They're a bunch of spoiled douchebags who text on their blackberry's all game instead of getting up off their asses to cheer.

We'd be better off giving the seats to the 10 thousand mexicans standing outside scalping tickets, they might cheer in spanish but its better than the crickets from the prima actors sitting there with their legs folded drinking a vente mocha.

lefty
12-07-2009, 03:54 PM
EH

Go Lakers

LOL@MavsFan
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Sounds like last season.

Last season, when we played a home-heavy schedule to start the year, and everyone called our record fraudelent because of it.

Oh wait,

- best road record in the NBA at 29-12, next closest 27-14

- only team to beat Cleveland in the Q

- beat Boston in the Garden on the 2nd night of a back to back (gee Suns fans, I guess it is possible to win a b2b game against a good team), without Andrew Bynum

- closed out WCF and Finals on the road with blowouts

Lakers are a team that plays as well on the road if not better. Have you seen the Staples Center crowd? They're a bunch of spoiled douchebags who text on their blackberry's all game instead of getting up off their asses to cheer.

We'd be better off giving the seats to the 10 thousand mexicans standing outside scalping tickets, they might cheer in spanish but its better than the crickets from the prima actors sitting there with their legs folded drinking a vente mocha.

Lakers are untouchable!!!!:lol Who is saying that? I know ESPN isn't b/c they are too busy bobbing their collective heads to do that.

noob cake
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Lakers' are God's chosen team; Stern's chosen team. Heavy home schedule to build up confidence and chemistry. When they play on the road, Stern will send his crew of fixxxers.

Chillen
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
The Lakers are probably gonna lose around 12 to 15 games this season. They have the talent and experience to repeat, unless Kobe gets injured or something, other than the Celtics even maybe Orlando, Cavs, who is gonna stop them? Denver, Dallas? If the Spurs get their shit together I'd put them into the mix. Oden went down for Portland, so it's open road in the West for LA this season if they stay healthy.

21_Blessings
12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Go Lakers

You know reverse-jinxing doesn't actually work.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
We'll go as far as Gasol is able to go. It's not Kobe. It's him.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
While I'm appreciative of all the hype surrounding the Lakers--it means little if the team doesn't stay hungry, stay driven. I am not stupid enough to think my favorite team is a shoe-in for the championship and quite frankly, I can do without the media blowing the Purple & Gold. I guess, though, if you're one of the two marquee franchies so to speak and you're doing pretty good to start, you're going to get the attention. As a fan, I just want the effort like this every game.

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
We'll go as far as Gasol is able to go. It's not Kobe. It's him.

I wouldn't say its all on Gasol...if Kobe or Pau go down; we're done for...The key to the season is the defense and if Bynum progresses along that line.

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Should we steal the Suns motto of: stay hungry|stay humble, gem?

Culburn369
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say its all on Gasol...if Kobe or Pau go down; we're done for...The key to the season is the defense and if Bynum progresses along that line.

Gasol is such a steadying influence on the team and Kobe in particular. The double teams intrigue him rather than alarm him. And frankly same with Bynum. Bynum was well schooled by Jabbar. Its a wonderment. He soaked all that up, retained it and actually uses all of it, and never backslides from his education.

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
htYDC_ZiXhY

COOL STORY HANSEL!

The Gemini Method
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
You saw it in Kobe's eyes last year--he was visibly haunted by the masses calling him out for "not being an integral (vital) part of the 3-peat with Shaq" and getting smoked by Boston. You knew going into the season that the Lakers were hell-bent on winning it no matter whom they faced. You saw it against Boston and Cleveland during the regular season. The two rivals brought out the best in the collective team. Now they have the same team intact--with title experience and a wild card named Artest. Complacency is always the root of failure for continued sports success...and injuy of course. (see: Steelers).

So, you know Kobe is going to bring the intensity and if Bynum can bring it like this w/o getting seriously hurt--we're going to be there near the end to defend the throne. Are we a sure bet to win it all? No. But I would stay clear of using any Suns mantra...the Lakers are successful on their own...they don't need other teams' mottos ;)

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Cool Story!

picc84
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
ITT: Spurs fans pretend to be miscers and make bad use of forum-specific joke :lol

milkshakeballa
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
ITT: Spurs fans pretend to be miscers and make bad use of forum-specific joke :lol

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

bostonguy
12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Once the road trips begin, the Lakers will still be racking up wins. When focused/healthy, they are as close to unbeatable as you can get. Lakers are a proven road team.

LakeShow
12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I like the Lakers on the road. They play with more intensity and they take the US against the World attitude. At home it seems like they're just going thru the motions sometimes. Rarely do you see them take that attitude on the road.

On the road will bring the team closer. The Lakers will do just fine. Book it!

iggypop123
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
they have boston and cle near then end of their long ass roadtrips. i only see them beating 1 cause they will be burned out by then

BlackSwordsMan
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
a lakers troll? shocking

mystargtr34
12-07-2009, 08:39 PM
they have boston and cle near then end of their long ass roadtrips. i only see them beating 1 cause they will be burned out by then

Who is that girl in the last pic of your sig?

iggypop123
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
the runner? i wish i knew