12-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Rocks!

Juanobili
12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Matt Bonner prevented the "Spurstalk Day of Infamy"

we'd be down 30 points without him!

superjames1992
He sucks shooting so bad that he ONLY scored 27 points, LOL!!! And his 7 rebounds and 3 assists are bad!

;)

ajballer4
hahaha i was expecting a bonner love thread for a change.

Dro210
12-07-2009, 11:10 PM
NOPE!!!

Sorry buddy... Matt Bonner is THE shit tonight

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Great playcall coach. Other than once again being asked to do a job he can't do, Bonner had an incredible game.

A screen and pop with Tim and Bonner? Really?

timtonymanu
12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Bonner saved the Spurs' asses. Even if he missed the last shot. Props to him for having balls tonight.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
If you really think Pop drew that play up for Bonner, you should have your Spur revoked.

neboat
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Bonner had a great game...great effort. Looks like our big 3 are: TD, TP, and Matt Bonner... we are in deep trouble.

Chieflion
If you really think Pop drew that play up for Bonner, you should have your Spur revoked.
Because Pop has gone insane, I believe it was Bonner's play.

Spurs Brazil
Bonner was fucking stupid. WTF with that last play. We had plenty of time

He tried to be the hero and fucked everything.

benefactor
So close on that last shot. It was down and out.

easy7
Missed the last shot that could have won the game. Another moral victory for the Spurs.. :toast

slick'81
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
matt bonner drives for the win and puts up a running floater ala tp9.... fck me fck me fck me :depressed

eyeh8u
i heard he took his invisible car to the game, thats why he was so good

Sigz
Since he fucked up on that last shot, his 27 pts mean absolutely nothing.

Deal with it.

EmptyMan
What a great show of Heart by Bonner.

He was beasting on those rebounds.

nuclearfm
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Because Pop has gone insane, I believe it was Bonner's play.

Pop has gone insane. Bonner is a support role player. WTF is he doing?!!!:nope

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Tim passed him the ball while he was 3-4 feet past the 3pt line.

spurtech09
12-07-2009, 11:30 PM
well atleast bonner had a good game.....I didn't get to watch the game but damn another loss that freakin sux :(

Chomag
If we gotta have these games from Bonner. Well... it's going to be one fun season.

EricB
If you can't tell that was a broken play then quit posting. Forget it, about 90% of the posters that post now need to quit posting anyways.

JustinJDW
12-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Bonner was a beast tonight. That last play was clearly improvised on the spot though, considering how RJ had to just give it to him at the last second. I am sure that play wasn't the one drawn up.

Still though, Bonner played amazing. I can't even imagine how much we would be praising him if he made that shot. Haha. Good game guys.

Dro210
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
If we gotta have these games from Bonner. Well... it's going to be one fun season.

That's kinda ignorant.... of course we don't need games like this from Bonner. Stop freakin out until we get to March.

The positive is, once everybody starts rolling, if Bonner keeps contributing like he has.... it only makes us that much better. We came into the season with no real expectations for Bonner or for him to even be here the whole year, but it's good to know that if he does stay around, he can do more than take up a spot on the bench.

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Tim passed him the ball while he was 3-4 feet past the 3pt line.

The play broke down on the inbound. Had to improvise.

senorglory
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
You guys remember when occasionally Danny Ferry would have the ball in an end of game situation, out at the three, dribbling and looking to create? egad.

EmptyMan
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Bonner going behind the back in the last minute :lmao

Living fucking LEGEND.

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
If you can't tell that was a broken play then quit posting. Forget it, about 90% of the posters that post now need to quit posting anyways.

I would guarantee you getting the ball to Matt Bonner and setting a screen was one of the options discussed in the final timeout(s). Guaran-fucking-tee it. May not have been the first option, I agree. But it was definitely part of the playcall.

easy7
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
If we would have traded Udoka for Lebron we would not had lost this game. Enough said...

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I would guarantee you getting the ball to Matt Bonner and setting a screen was one of the options discussed in the final timeout(s). Guaran-fucking-tee it. May not have been the first option, I agree. But it was definitely part of the playcall.

That was not the play man. Someone might have mentioned, if Bonner is wide open move the ball, but no where did they say, option 2 or 3 is get the ball to Matt at the top of the key and clear out.

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
That was not the play man. Someone might have mentioned, if Bonner is wide open move the ball, but no where did they say, option 2 or 3 is get the ball to Matt at the top of the key and clear out.

What's your take on Tim passing him the ball 4 feet past the 3pt line when he had position inside the line? Tim did have 23 and 11 y'know, including contested jumpshots and a perfect 7/7 from the line.

Why did he defer to Bonner?

DPG21920
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Have no idea. Have to hear him say why, but it was clearly not drawn up that way.

Phenomanul
12-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Bonner was a beast tonight. That last play was clearly improvised on the spot though, considering how RJ had to just give it to him at the last second. I am sure that play wasn't the one drawn up.

Still though, Bonner played amazing. I can't even imagine how much we would be praising him if he made that shot. Haha. Good game guys.

This...

RJ screwed up the inbounds pass; he had Ginobili in the corner... I can live with Ginobili losing the game... that shot by Bonner, however, is simply not in his game repertoire...

Such a shame though... Bonner has shown a toughness that's was lacking the previous two years... he showed up to this game.

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Have no idea. Have to hear him say why, but it was clearly not drawn up that way.

Conjecture is welcome. Otherwise, I'm not sure what evidence you have to contradict my statement. (my statement is conjecture, as well.)

I am curious to see what the guys say. I don't see Pop drawing it up specifically for Bonner, but I also don't see him avoiding any move to get our hottest hand involved, either.

Stringer_Bell
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I haven't felt so disappointed for an individual player at the end of a game since that no-call for Barry vs the Lakers in the playoffs. One guy plays his ass off and keeps the hope alive, and he's got the ball at the end and it just doesn't work out. Tonight was Bonner's night and it just would have been to perfect for him to nail the winning shot.

SequSpur
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Missed the last shot that could have won the game. Another moral victory for the Spurs.. :toast

is that like getting the last fat chick with no teeth after drinking a case of beer at 2 am?

ceperez
12-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Hmmm.... wasn't Blair also put in a similar situation against the Celtics?

SCdac
12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I definitely agree that it was a broken play, but damn did it break. Why does it not surprise me Bonner takes some low percentage falling away one hander when it really counts. He had a good game offensively and that's exactly what he on the Spurs for, but much like relying on Finley to be a PF in the past, we shouldn't rely on Bonner's dribble-drive and slashing game to be executed well down the stretch, whether he's having a hot night or not. That's not really his game. Stick to three point shooting primarily and hustling for boards. Occasionally finish some garbage baskets or make the defense pay throughout the game for giving him an open lane, but don't get carried away with it.

AussieFanKurt
12-08-2009, 01:11 AM
wow, he really played so well

ElNono
12-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Props to Matt because he had a great game. He's an useful player when he's hitting his shots. He was on from the get go today. And not his fault that last shot didn't go. He deserved to take it. We lost this game in the 3rd quarter. You can't expect to give up 37 points on the road and get away with it.

Chomag
12-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Bonner showed me something that I never thought he had. Heart!!! I'll give him mad props for that anyday.

thOOdee
12-08-2009, 01:31 AM
BONNER STILL SUCKS!....who did he play defense on?.....BOOZER....how much did he score? 27!!!!!!!!! ......i said it before. I HATE BONNERS RARE GLIMPSES OF OFFENSE BECAUSE IT LOWERS THE CHANCES OF HIM RIDING THE BENCH!!... spurs will never win with him playing this many minutes. Last game he played around 24. THERE IS A PATTERN HERE.

Dro210
12-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Boozer's average over his last 7?

~27

Not like he went off

Solid D
12-08-2009, 02:28 AM
BONNER STILL SUCKS!....who did he play defense on?.....BOOZER....how much did he score? 27!!!!!!!!! ......i said it before. I HATE BONNERS RARE GLIMPSES OF OFFENSE BECAUSE IT LOWERS THE CHANCES OF HIM RIDING THE BENCH!!... spurs will never win with him playing this many minutes. Last game he played around 24. THERE IS A PATTERN HERE.

Boozer's average over his last 7?

~27

Not like he went off

Bonner didn't guard Boozer the entire night except for maybe one trip when he cross-matched to Boozer in transition.

Bonner guarded Okur and Millsap. Duncan, Dice and Blair defended Boozer.

Blackjack
12-08-2009, 02:57 AM
What's your take on Tim passing him the ball 4 feet past the 3pt line when he had position inside the line? Tim did have 23 and 11 y'know, including contested jumpshots and a perfect 7/7 from the line.

Why did he defer to Bonner?

My take, since you didn't ask..

Tim caught the ball in no man's land for a big (moving away from the basket and close to twenty feet away) and didn't feel comfortable putting the ball on the floor and creating from that far out; he's been attacked from the weakside off the dribble recently and forced into a good amount of turnovers.

The play broke down, time was winding down, and since he didn't feel comfortable making a play from that position, he found the first friendly face, Bonner, and hoped he had a little something left to pull out a win; I'm dubbing Bonner's okey-doke move the 'Milkshake', by the way..:hat

z0sa
12-08-2009, 03:05 AM
My take, since you didn't ask..

Tim caught the ball in no man's land for a big (moving away from the basket and close to twenty feet away) and didn't feel comfortable putting the ball on the floor and creating from that far out; he's been attacked from the weakside off the dribble recently and forced into a good amount of turnovers.

The play broke down, time was winding down, and since he didn't feel comfortable making a play from that position, he found the first friendly face, Bonner, and hoped he had a little something left to pull out a win; I'm dubbing Bonner's okey-doke move the 'Milkshake', by the way..:hat

I guess. I mean, I've never seen Bonner handling the ball in a screen and roll situation EVER - never ever. All of a sudden Tim sets a high screen and pops OUT, not even a roll. Did he really think Bonner could, or even would knowing what a TO would mean, pass it in that scenario? The shot was going up, Tim should have rolled ( at least when Bonner got deep baseline).

Tim made a mistake passing it to the first friendly face. Even if it was the hottest hand. He followed it up by popping instead of rolling and Bonner couldn't have passed that shit anyway. The craziness was concluded with an incredibly BS over the back call.

Just another game in December... i still find it hard imagining Tim passing up the last shot for a Bonner "clearout" screen and roll/pop/whatever the hell that was.. then I remember it actually happened and get sad.

Solid D
12-08-2009, 03:13 AM
I guess. I mean, I've never seen Bonner handling the ball in a screen and roll situation EVER - never ever. All of a sudden Tim sets a high screen and pops OUT, not even a roll. Did he really think Bonner could, or even would knowing what a TO would mean, pass it in that scenario? The shot was going up, Tim should have rolled ( at least when Bonner got deep baseline).

Tim did try to roll, with Boozer leaning on him. Then when Boozer released and followed Bonner, Tim finally followed the rest of the way down the lane fighting with Okur for position.

z0sa
12-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Tim did try to roll, with Boozer leaning on him. Then when Boozer released and followed Bonner, Tim finally followed the rest of the way down the lane fighting with Okur for position.

I don't have DVR and was focused on Bonner, so you are probably right ... as I racking my brain trying to remember if he actually popped out or not, I realized he may have made an attempt but Bonner's "move" was too quick..

Solid D
12-08-2009, 03:16 AM
No problem. :tu

SpursFanFirst
12-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Dang! Bonner had another awesome game, and I had to miss it.
Bummer. I'm glad he did well though. :clap

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Time to rile up the Bonner haters. You know, if Bonner is playing so well, he should get more minutes next game.

Xevious
12-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Props to Matt for having an awesome game and showing some heart, but that last shot should not have happened. He made difficult shots all night long, so you can't really fault him for trying though.

johnnyblues
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Uhm, it's still December...?:p:

boutons_deux
12-08-2009, 08:56 AM
If can use this game to show to himself if what he's capable, and grow into the role of major contributor, even when his shots aren't falling.

His all around hustle and aggression were as impressive as his shooting.

EmptyMan
12-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Try watching the game.

Bonner was decent on defense.

Boooooozer raped Tim Duncan in the post. Truth.

CGD
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Between George and Matt I think the Spurs have two legitimate candidates for this year's Most Improved Player award.

CGD
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Try watching the game.

Bonner was decent on defense.

Boooooozer raped Tim Duncan in the post. Truth.

No need to use the word "rape" to make your point. Completely inappropriate.