PDA

View Full Version : What was that?

ropv
12-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Drive by Bonner for the win?

draft87

utah played great defense and denied everyone else the ball. don't blame bonner. credit the jazz

eyeh8u
pop and belichek are looking more and more alike :)

mookie2001
dude 7 posts, 3 threads you suck

SAtown
12-07-2009, 11:23 PM
He deserved the last shot, and i'm sure it's not the type of shot they wanted. Oh well, good game

Scola
wth!! what type of play is that?!!!
What the hell are we paying Pop for?

td4mvp21
No.fucking.idea.

NZ Spurs
It was a good look for the hot hand that went in and out you f-ing muppet.

Sigz
That's why this team ain't winning SHIT.

jaffies
12-07-2009, 11:24 PM
your threads suck.

SAtown
It was a good look for the hot hand that went in and out you f-ing muppet.

this

superjames1992
Pop probably should have tried to get Bonner open on a screen. I'm not sure if running an iso for Bonner is the best of plays...

SAtown
12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
They barely got the ball inbounds. Either Duncan takes that or whoever td passes it to does; in this case it was bonner, who was hot all game. Fuck it, bad loss, get over it

spam

NZ Spurs
12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
It was an alternate play, due to the denial and lack of timeouts.

The BBIQ on this board has dropped like a stone.

EmptyMan
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Im surprised Bonner did not dunk that shit from the 3 pt line.

SAtown
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Im surprised Bonner did not dunk that shit from the 3 pt line.

:lol

alchemist
12-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Not the best of plays, I was expecting either Duncan or Parker to handle the rock and create something. Still, this is a very bad fucking loss. Spurs go on a 10-0 (might've been 8-0) run to start the 3rd and all hell breaks loose.

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Just inexcusable..

Bonner had a great game, but you don't rely on him when it matters, as shown when he missed the FT in clutch time too..especially on an isolation, which isn't his game..

12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
i don't think the spurs have one a game yet where the score was close the last 5 minutes.

Duncan2177
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Just inexcusable..

Bonner had a great game, but you don't rely on him when it matters, as shown when he missed the FT in clutch time too..especially on an isolation, which isn't his game..

It's call bad coaching.

Spurs Brazil
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Just inexcusable..

JustinJDW
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
They barely got the ball inbounds. Either Duncan takes that or whoever td passes it to does; in this case it was bonner, who was hot all game. Fuck it, bad loss, get over it

spamThis.

People act like the ball didn't go in and out. That ball basically went in. Gravity just went against us this time. Haha.

itzsoweezee
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
according to an assistant coach, the play was to dump the ball into tim and let him go to work. what a horrible play call. they couldn't have designed anything better than that? anyway, tim gave it up to bonner and bonner shot it.

i can't believe they didn't have a back up plan if duncan didn't have a shot.

sabar
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Guys they barely got the ball in-bounds. No doubt it was meant for Duncan but Utah defended the inbounds great.

easy7
12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Bonner was playing good but dropped the ball at the one yard line...

NZ Spurs
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
according to an assistant coach, the play was to dump the ball into tim and let him go to work. what a horrible play call. they couldn't have designed anything better than that? anyway, tim gave it up to bonner and bonner shot it.

i can't believe they didn't have a back up plan if duncan didn't have a shot.

They did have a back-up plan and it resulted in a great look by the hot hand that went half way in. In basketball (thats what this sport is called) that is a pretty good second option.

ElNono
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
They did have a back-up plan and it resulted in a great look by the hot hand that went half way in. In basketball (thats what this sport is called) that is a pretty good second option.

So one would refer to that play in basketball (that's what this sport is called) a moral victory? You know, considering we 'almost' won... Like the last 3 games or so?

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Throw it into Duncan at the 3-point line LOL..what a play..

z0sa
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
So one would refer to that play in basketball (that's what this sport is called) a moral victory? You know, considering we 'almost' won... Like the last 3 games or so?

IMO, it was a bad playcall. Apparently others think Bonner would take it upon himself to call Tim over for a screen and take a driving contested hook at the rim, but I don't think so. I think a Bonner/Tim screen and roll against Boozer to the basket was straight from the mouth of Pop.

Otherwise, Tim has to be faulted for passing it to Bonner. He should have taken it himself.

itzsoweezee
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM

giving the ball to a player who's never had the ball in that type of situation is not a back up plan. it's moronic. and please don't give me that shit about "hot hand". it was dumb coaching.

itzsoweezee
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Otherwise, Tim has to be faulted for passing it to Bonner. He should have taken it himself.

well, that's what happened. assistant coach confirmed that the play was drawn up for tim only. yeah, tim shouldn't have passed it to bonner, but popovich should have had a back up plan if tim did have a good look.

NZ Spurs
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Not to mention they didn't have a timeout. It was a great look, all things considered.

pjjrfan
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I didn't see anything develop, and I thought it was a bad call to have Jefferson bring the ball in, maybe Manu, but Bonner got a good look not his cup of tea but it was only just that he take that last shot, without his play and hustle it would have been a blow out.

ploto
12-07-2009, 11:59 PM
You realize Tony also missed his shot to take the lead-- or-- will people only remember the one Bonner missed.

I have no issue with Bonner taking a shot- but not that shot. Yeah, he was hot, but the chances that that type of shot would keep going in for Bonner was not too likely.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
without his play and hustle it would have been a blow out.

That is the most disheartening thing of all. If you have to rely on Matt Bonner to shoot lights out in order to stay competitive against a mediocre team, there is serious problems.

z0sa
12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
You realize Tony also missed his shot to take the lead-- or-- will people only remember the one Bonner missed.

It's easy to forget a superstar's misses. Bonner's etch themselves into the collective memory with fire for some reason, though.

I have no issue with Bonner taking a shot- but not that shot. Yeah, he was hot, but the chances that that type of shot would keep going in for Bonner was not too likely.

I agree it was not a great shot. It looked and felt good because Bonner was so hot, but of course didn't go in. I really wish Tim would have took it himself - he was shooting great from the line and his jumpshots were silky smooth.

Oh well.

SequSpur
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
lol

all_heart
12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
not too surprising.. it's Bonners team now... I guess we just need to deal with it..

Nathan Explosion
12-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Bonner had a hot hand tonight, but if Bonner's going to be taking the shot to win the game, I want a spot up shot, not a driving hook shot (no matter how hot he was or how much he practiced it). In crunch time, I want my players taking shots that are their strengths.

I want Parker taking runners towards the rim and Bonner shooting threes, not the other way around. While Bonner nearly made it, I still would rather he not attempt it. Get Gino or Parker a screen away from the ball for a shot instead of an iso for Bonner.

Nathan Explosion
12-08-2009, 01:39 AM
As odd as this may sound, I kind of wanted Hill out there with RJ, Parker, Gino and Duncan. The reason being that I'd want guys who can handle the ball and have the quickness and athleticism to create their own shot should the play break down.

Hill could have driven the lane much better than Bonner and was making some great passes tonight once he collapsed the defense. Not to mention he has had a few buzzer beaters already.

I'm not saying run the play for Hill, just that's it's nice to have another guy who can give you options whether it's shooting a jumper or getting to the rim.

NZ Spurs
12-08-2009, 01:53 AM
“It wasn't drawn up for him,” Popovich said. “Sometimes, what you draw doesn't happen, and someone else ends up doing something. It wasn't drawn for him, but he did the best job he could under the circumstances.”

Bonner looked momentarily for either Ginobili or Duncan, but neither could get free. Bonner started a drive across the lane and launched his shot as 17,565 in the arena gasped and erupted when the ball spun out and Jazz center Mehmet Okur grabbed it.

“I thought it was in,” Bonner said. “When it left my hand, it felt good. It looked like it was in, and down, and then it popped out.

“I don't know. It was just a tough miss.”

Ginobili said Bonner deserved better on the shot.

“It was a broken play,” Ginobili said. “We couldn't do what we wanted, but Matt made a good play. He just couldn't make that one shot. It would have been an unbelievable night.”

I hate being right.

gospursgojas
12-08-2009, 01:58 AM
I dont have a problem with matt taking that shot at all. He was the only one playing with any heart tonight.

Tony looked lazy
Rj lost as usual
Manu was a to machine
And tim looked frustrated at it all

Let the one guy playing like these games mean something take the last shot.

Matt was pissed and let everyone know it when he got called for that over the back call...I wanna see that matt every night

quentin_compson
12-08-2009, 08:56 AM
It was obviously not the shot the Spurs wanted, but I think Bonner actually did a good job. It was a difficult shot, and it went in and out. Tim probably shouldn't have given the ball to Matt in the first place.

Tough loss, really tough.

SAGambler
12-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe if people named Duncan and Parker could hold on to the fucking ball, and/or quit throwing up shit shots, it would make no difference if they drove by Bonner.

It's amazing how you fuckers can pick on Bonner, while sucking off Duncan and Parker, both of which are costing the Spurs games on a regular basis.

all_heart
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Maybe if people named Duncan and Parker could hold on to the fucking ball, and/or quit throwing up shit shots, it would make no difference if they drove by Bonner.

It's amazing how you fuckers can pick on Bonner, while sucking off Duncan and Parker, both of which are costing the Spurs games on a regular basis.

Ironic huh.. many people myself included wanted his ass outta here just a month ago. Now he's playing much more consistent.. will it last?! I think Duncan has been the only consistent force lately. Problem is he's getting no help from Manu, RJ, Dice, Bogans, Mason.. shit almost the whole team... that's why we are losing!!

It shouldn't be this dam hard, especially with all the "talent" on the roster.. I'm starting to think Pop is making the game too hard on the new guys, they should be having more fun out there, which translates to being comfortable.. They look like stiffs out there, no rhythm, especially RJ. I guess when the Spurs are 5 games below .500 he'll think he's playing for the Bucks and start scoring 25 a night.. I love Pop, but at some point he needs to consider his strategy..

fraga
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't know what everyone is bitching about...I know when the game is on the line...and there's 10 seconds to go...I want Matt Bonner taking the last shot as a blind no look hook shot from 10 feet... :rolleyes

z0sa
12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't know what everyone is bitching about...I know when the game is on the line...and there's 10 seconds to go...I want Matt Bonner taking the last shot as a blind no look hook shot from 10 feet... :rolleyes

If that ref doesn't call Over the Back, I think all our of tunes would have been changed. Bonner got the ball back in my book, the ref just didn't let him have it.

Who knows what would have happened. I know what's done is done, but your post wasn't exactly necessary either so.

TJastal
12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
That is the most disheartening thing of all. If you have to rely on Matt Bonner to shoot lights out in order to stay competitive against a mediocre team, there is serious problems.

This "mediocre" team is 8-2 in its last 10 and is notorious for winning home games.

fraga
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Bonner should not be used as a clutch player...period...PERIOD..it's not what he is...it's not what's he's for...has Pop learned NOTHING from last year...sure he had an awesome game...but he's NOT a finisher...especially...ESPECIALLY on someone elses court...if it was on our home floor...okay...maybe...maybe I'd feel a bit more better...but come on...really...that was our best option...

TJastal
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Bonner should not be used as a clutch player...period...PERIOD..it's not what he is...it's not what's he's for...has Pop learned NOTHING from last year...sure he had an awesome game...but he's NOT a finisher...especially...ESPECIALLY on someone elses court...if it was on our home floor...okay...maybe...maybe I'd feel a bit more better...but come on...really...that was our best option...

I agree. I'd rather the last second decision that affects the outcome of the game not be up to Bonner, regardless of how well he'd been playing. If its a 3 that's needed, much rather Ginobili or Roger Mason.... or ... George Hill be the guys delivering the shot.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
This "mediocre" team is 8-2 in its last 10 and is notorious for winning home games.

A 12-8 record, 5th position in the West and 3 wins coming against this Spurs team does not a legit contender make...

CGD
12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
utah played great defense and denied everyone else the ball. don't blame bonner. credit the jazz

:toast

Plus in Matt's defense, the shot almost went in!!

Bender
12-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Bonner should not be used as a clutch player...period...PERIOD..it's not what he is...it's not what's he's for...has Pop learned NOTHING from last year...
jesus... IT WASN'T DRAWN UP FOR HIM.

Bonner wasn't the first or second option on the play drawn up by Gregg Popovich and his off-balance, running jumper went in and out, and Mehmet Okur got the rebound.

fraga
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think you're picking up what I'm puttin down...his monkey ass should NOT have been on the court...PERIOD...

xtremesteven33
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Bonner had a great game last night. He has really expanded his game to where he is no longer just a spot up shooter. He is starting to realize that he can make opposing bigs pay big time if they leave him open and if they run out to defend it, Matt can drive it in without total wrecklessness....

I still would trade him though....:lol

temujin
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Keith Bogans is starting and playing the Bruce Bowen.

Rookie Dejan Blair is the best addition to the team and playing the Malik Rose.

Matt Bonner is getting the last shot in tight game and playing Robert Horry.

Please, tell me I am on ClippersTalk.

bobby4germany
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Keith Bogans is starting and playing the Bruce Bowen.

Rookie Dejan Blair is the best addition to the team and playing the Malik Rose.

Matt Bonner is getting the last shot in tight game and playing Robert Horry.

Please, tell me I am on ClippersTalk.

:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

dbestpro
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Bonner had a great game. No doubt about it. But, Bonner is just one of those guys that no matter what happens he will always find a way to lose. Call it Charlie Brown syndrome if you will, but he should not be given the ball to win the game.