PDA

View Full Version : Motivation Lacking

nuclearfm
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
You ever notice that Spurs players usually are motivated via their own means. Honestly, when has Pop ever been credited with motivated a player to perform their best during a non-contract year? Malik Rose? Ron Mercer? Turkoglu?

The list goes on. No look further than Richard Jefferson currently. Often these players excel elsewhere.

xellos88330
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I miss Mario Elie. The Spurs need a vocal leader with some serious attitude right now. Maybe someone like that will keep their heads in the game, not looking at the refs all the time.

I guess this is the price you pay when you win most of your games for a decade.

spurtech09
12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
they need something to get them going cause I know they can better....

ffadicted
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Very much agreed, and one of the team veteran leaders or coaches are going to have to call them out on it sooner or later. Hoping for the sooner lol

Kori Ellis
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Honestly, when has Pop ever been credited with motivated a player to perform their best during a non-contract year? Malik Rose? Ron Mercer? Turkoglu?

Ron Mercer?

When did you see him in a Spurs uniform in a non-contract year?

He was here for a partial season on the last year of a contract, sucked so bad that the Spurs cut him and paid him.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Very much agreed, and one of the team veteran leaders or coaches are going to have to call them out on it sooner or later. Hoping for the sooner lol

I can see maybe Mcdyess doing it, I don't think it's in any of the other player's persona to call out their teammates for bad play.

Russ
12-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I can see maybe Mcdyess doing it, I don't think it's in any of the other player's persona to call out their teammates for bad play.

Blair needs to play a much bigger role on this team.

ffadicted
12-08-2009, 12:19 AM

I've seen Bogans do it I'm pretty sure, and I liked that. Everybody needs to hold everybody accountable

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-08-2009, 12:21 AM
it won't help when these so called "vocal leaders" are not leading by example

burandok
12-08-2009, 02:22 AM
well it is what it is motivation is nothing to do with the ball halfway down and going out of the rim

Chomag
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
well it is what it is motivation is nothing to do with the ball halfway down and going out of the rim

Perhaps, but motivation might have prevented needing that 1 shot from having to be taken in the first place.

stealthjbravo
12-08-2009, 02:43 AM
^ true. It shouldn't have gotten to that point