PDA

View Full Version : Bear Attack

pseudofan
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Alaskan man survives second bear mauling (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7602285/?GT1=6428)

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Scott MacInnes set an Alaskan record this week, although not one contenders would seek to break. State officials say the 51-year-old biologist is the first person known to have survived two bear attacks.

advertisement

MacInnes, a 51-year-old biologist, was mauled during his early morning jog on Monday when he met up with a brown bear and one or two cubs near his home in the Kenai Peninsula town of Soldotna.

He had been mauled 38 years earlier on a well-used hiking trail in the Chugach National Forest, according to a government biologist.

“That’s the only time in the history of the state that I have a record that anybody’s been attacked twice,” said Tom Smith, a bear biologist with the U.S. Geological Survey who keeps records of Alaska bear attacks dating to the late 1800s.

The presence of a dog and a food source, a freshly killed moose found nearby, made the bear more aggressive, said Bruce Bartley, a spokesman for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

When I was a kid living there, the one thing I remember was my older brothers and sisters telling me to come inside because it was getting dark and the bears would come get me. :oops I used to think they just liked to scare me....

pseudofan
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Oooops! Can you please move this to the club? I'm such a moron!

Solid D
04-22-2005, 04:52 PM
That's okay, I'd be confused more than you if I were around Sequ so much.

Tell him to go bake you some pie! :lol

timvp
04-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought this going to be about how the Grizzlies were 40-5 in games decided by 10 points or less.

:)

SpursWoman
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
:lol :lol

exstatic
04-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Alaska is a fucking dangerous place. People are even killed by enraged Moose.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I read that as enraged Mouse the first time. :lmao

SpursWoman
04-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I read that as enraged Mouse the first time. :lmao

Damn, me too. :wow :lol :lol

Hook Dem
04-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Mouse won't be enraged till his "mighty mavericks" bite the dust! :lol :lol

AlamoSpursFan
04-23-2005, 02:58 AM
"In England, Smoky the Bear is not the forest fire prevention representative. They have Smacky the Frog. It's just like a bear, but it's a frog. I think it's a better system, I think we should adopt it. Because bears can be mean, but frogs are always cool. Never has there been a frog hopping toward me, and I thought 'man, I'd better play dead. Here comes that frog...' You never say 'here comes that frog' in a nervous manner. It's always optimistic. 'Hey, here comes that frog, all right. Maybe he'll come near me so I can pet him, and stick him in a mayonnaise jar, with a stick and a leaf, to recreate what he's used to. And I'm pretty sure I'd have to punch some holes in the lid, because he's damn sure used to air. Then I can observe him, and he won't be doing much in his 16-ounce world.'" -- Mitch Hedberg, RIP