PDA

View Full Version : How about being the 8th seed ?

Rapper
12-08-2009, 01:24 AM
That old saying the time when there is no one there to feel for you and cheer for you is when a player is made . that means a real player is made in practice.so with this thought, a real championship team should be made in frustration ,man this is just the beginning of the season and certainly i know that there are still many difficulties for the spurs to deal with but we as fans should stand by and root for the spurs no matter win or loss as long as they did their best to play every single game ,so we shoudn't blame on the spurs for the losses recently,a poor chinese spurs fan like me think so. what so do you guys

Back to my main subject, the 8th seed and 48 -50 wins are probably reasonable for us to consider without healthy big 3 in the early of this season.do you guys think that being the 8th seed in playoffs is good for us in some respects?

z0sa
12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
It would most likely mean playing the Lakers in the first round. As good a measuring stick as any, eh? :lol

Sean Cagney
12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
no................

Mal
12-08-2009, 01:26 AM
trying to aim at 8th could end with 9th

Rapper
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
It would most likely mean playing the Lakers in the first round. As good a measuring stick as any, eh? :lol

Dude playoffs is a different world,just thinking about what was going on in 1999 and 2007

Chomag
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
In the west right now 48-50 wins might not be enough for the 8th seed. Or else I might agree.

Rapper
12-08-2009, 01:30 AM
In the west right now 48-50 wins might not be enough for the 8th seed. Or else I might agree.

Look at the past 10 seasons, 50 wins is enough

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 01:31 AM
do you guys think that being the 8th seed in playoffs is good for us in some respects?

If an 8th seed and first round exit is the ceiling, I'd rather take my chances in the lottery.

Chomag
12-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Look at the past 10 seasons, 50 wins is enough

Ahh, but this is not the past 10 seasons anymore. The NBA is much more talented and competitive then it was seasons ago. Now a team with a winning record still might not make the playoffs. Unless your the east. lol

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Ahh, but this is not the past 10 seasons anymore. The NBA is much more talented and competitive then it was seasons ago. Now a team with a winning record still might not make the playoffs. Unless your the east. lol

No it isn't..

The top of the league is better right now, particularly the Lakers, but the bottom playoff teams of the West is very weak compared to a few years ago..

LA and Denver stand out in the West, everybody else is weak and has problems..we still have time to catch up to those 2nd-tier teams, we're only small adjustments from those teams..

Solid D
12-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Maybe they'll be just like the French NT and barelyyyyyyyy make it.

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2003/posters/baby.jpg

Chomag
12-08-2009, 01:45 AM
No it isn't..

The top of the league is better right now, particularly the Lakers, but the bottom playoff teams of the West is very weak compared to a few years ago..

LA and Denver stand out in the West, everybody else is weak and has problems..we still have time to catch up to those 2nd-tier teams, we're only small adjustments from those teams..

Which does mean there will be alot of teams fighting for the 3rd-8th seed since LA and Denver seems to be the only dominant teams. Nothing is absolute.

ffadicted
12-08-2009, 01:46 AM
at the very least we'll play backwards and have our hardest opponents first lol