PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye SpursTalk

whottt
12-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Many years ago, when I posted only at SpursReport, one day, when I was feeliing extremely dissatisfied with the basketball discussion...I got a mysterious PM from someone known only as Mario, and it said only two word:

Spurs
Talk

I don't know, it was like destiny or fate calling my name or something....saying, "whottt...Spurs Talk...click it"

So I clicked...... and it was good.

The best message board experience of my life in fact :)

I have to admit things just haven't been the same lately. I don't know what it is exactly, it's not as much fun anymore. Just...a lingering nagging disatisfied feeling.

and today...I again got a pm today. Some guy with a usnernic named Andretti. It said only two word:

Spurs

:depressed

And I knew it was time to go home.

That little voice in my head went off again, it said, "whottt....Spurs Report...click it".

I felt fate tugging at my loins once again...that same irresistable urge overtook me and..

I clicked, and it was very very good.

The emptiness I have been feeling lately immediately left me. Instantly.

People were talking intelligent basketball there in a civil tone with one another. No one was getting ganged upon for having an opinion. I gave my opinion and it was respected.

And it was every thing SpursTalk once was :(

And they aren't stuck in the past like unfortunately SpursTalk has become. They expect to win now, know the Spurs are capable of it, they know they aren't doing it, and they know changes to be made if it's not getting done. And that December is plenty of time to make this assessment by the way....you can't keep counting on SPAM when it's no longer working.

And it's a cold hard reality that people need to be able to express freely, and often.

And they rightly have an eye to the future and allow people to express necessary if unpopular opinions like trading Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Tim Duncan, firing Pop and Peter Holt selling the team, without calling them bandwaggoners or that type of stuff.

I'm no bandwaggoner, I'll tell you that right now, and I don't like being called one just because I see Parker, Manu and Duncan need to be traded, Pop needs to be fired and Peter Holt needs to sell the team.

I am sorry timvp and kori, you have guys have been like, a more responsible older brother and sister to me and I love you like family, but the magic is simply gone. It's not there anymore :(

When I clicked it felt like home and I'd be lying if I said otherwise. My heart tells me it's time to go home, just as it lead me here so very many years ago,...,

...and I've simply got to follow it. I'm sorry. Ya'll deseved better after all you have done for me. But I know I only hurt the board carrying this emptiness around.

Thank you for the past 6-7 years. It's been the posting experiences of my life and Ill remember it forever :)

Thank you, sincerely.

If any of you miss everything SpursTalk used to be: intelligent, respectful discussion, enlightened solutions to fixing the team, and the obvious need to do so at this point in the season, and value the right to express an unpopular(if necessary) opinion about change, without the entire board piling on you. I encourage to join me at SpursReport. Where the serious basketball Spurs discussion by real SpursFans is at, and let's let SpursTalk go the path it is destined to go. It really is at Spurs Report now. And I'm not kidding.

From now on, instead of selcting favorites/SpursTalk, I'll be selecting favorites/SpursReport for my posting needs. I've got to keep moving forward you see. And I can't look back ever again. And if you feel similarly I hope you'll joln me and Spurs Report, and never look back. Ever.

www.spursreport.com

I'll be looking forward to talking hoops with you.

And thanks Kori and LJ, for everything. I wish you nothing but the best :tu

Logging out for the last time(for now)

-whottt

NZ Spurs
12-08-2009, 05:37 AM

-whottt

This board has some outstanding material for a Psychology dissertation. hmmmm.....

koriwhat
12-08-2009, 05:38 AM
ha whatever... they come, they go but they always come creepin' back.

Capt Bringdown
12-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Somebody threw their teddy in the corner...
http://seattlest.com/attachments/seattle_david2/Heaven%20Can%20Wait%20-%20Giant%20crying%20baby%20(300w).jpg

verbose
12-08-2009, 05:45 AM
many years ago, when i posted only at spursreport, one day, when i was feeliing extremely dissatisfied with the basketball discussion...i got a mysterious pm from someone known only as mario, and it said only two word:

Spurs
talk

i don't know, it was like destiny or fate calling my name or something....saying, "whottt...spurs talk...click it"

so i clicked...... And it was good.

i have to admit things just haven't been the same lately. I don't know what it is exactly, it's not as much fun anymore. Just...a lingering nagging disatisfied feeling.

And today...i again got a pm today. Some guy with a usnernic named andretti. It said only two word:

Spurs

and i knew it was time to go home.

That little voice in my head went off again, it said, "whottt....spurs report...click it".

I felt fate tugging at my loins once again...that same irresistable urge overtook me and..

the emptiness i have been feeling lately immediately left me. Instantly.

People were talking intelligent basketball there in a civil tone with one another. No one was getting ganged upon for having an opinion. I gave my opinion and it was respected.

And it was every thing spurstalk once was :(

and they aren't stuck in the past like unfortunately spurstalk has become. They expect to win now, know the spurs are capable of it, they know they aren't doing it, and they know changes to be made if it's not getting done. And that december is plenty of time to make this assessment by the way....you can't keep counting on spam when it's no longer working.

And it's a cold hard reality that people need to be able to express freely, and often.

And they rightly have an eye to the future and allow people to express necessary if unpopular opinions like trading tony parker, manu ginobili, and tim duncan, firing pop and peter holt selling the team, without calling them bandwaggoners or that type of stuff.

I'm no bandwaggoner, i'll tell you that right now, and i don't like being called one just because i see parker, manu and duncan need to be traded, pop needs to be fired and peter holt needs to sell the team.

I am sorry timvp and kori, you have guys have been like, a more responsible older brother and sister to me and i love you like family, but the magic is simply gone. It's not there anymore :(

when i clicked it felt like home and i'd be lying if i said otherwise. My heart tells me it's time to go home, just as it lead me here so very many years ago,...,

...and i've simply got to follow it. I'm sorry. Ya'll deseved better after all you have done for me. But i know i only hurt the board carrying this emptiness around.

Thank you for the past 6-7 years. It's been the posting experiences of my life and ill remember it forever :)

thank you, sincerely.

If any of you miss everything spurstalk used to be: Intelligent, respectful discussion, enlightened solutions to fixing the team, and the obvious need to do so at this point in the season, and value the right to express an unpopular(if necessary) opinion about change, without the entire board piling on you. I encourage to join me at spursreport. Where the serious basketball spurs discussion by real spursfans is at, and let's let spurstalk go the path it is destined to go. It really is at spurs report now. And i'm not kidding.

From now on, instead of selcting favorites/spurstalk, i'll be selecting favorites/spursreport for my posting needs. I've got to keep moving forward you see. And i can't look back ever again.

www.spursreport.com

i'll be looking forward to talking hoops with you.

And thanks kori and lj, for everything. I wish you nothing but the best :tu

logging out for the last time(for now)

-whottt

+1

admiralsnackbar
12-08-2009, 05:59 AM
And I'll miss you most, Scarecrow.

Claude Francois
12-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Many years ago, when I posted only at SpursReport, one day, when I was feeliing extremely dissatisfied with the basketball discussion...I got a mysterious PM from someone known only as Mario, and it said only two word:

Spurs
Talk

I don't know, it was like destiny or fate calling my name or something....saying, "whottt...Spurs Talk...click it"

I have to admit things just haven't been the same lately. I don't know what it is exactly, it's not as much fun anymore. Just...a lingering nagging disatisfied feeling.

and today...I again got a pm today. Some guy with a usnernic named Andretti. It said only two word:

Spurs

That little voice in my head went off again, it said, "whottt....Spurs Report...click it".

And they aren't stuck in the past like unfortunately SpursTalk has become. They expect to win now, know the Spurs are capable of it, they know they aren't doing it, and they know changes to be made if it's not getting done. And that December is plenty of time to make this assessment by the way....you can't keep counting on SPAM when it's no longer working.

And they rightly have an eye to the future and allow people to express necessary if unpopular opinions like trading Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Tim Duncan, firing Pop and Peter Holt selling the team, without calling them bandwaggoners or that type of stuff.

I'm no bandwaggoner, I'll tell you that right now, and I don't like being called one just because I see Parker, Manu and Duncan need to be traded, Pop needs to be fired and Peter Holt needs to sell the team.

I am sorry timvp and kori, you have guys have been like, a more responsible older brother and sister to me and I love you like family, but the magic is simply gone. It's not there anymore :(

When I clicked it felt like home and I'd be lying if I said otherwise. My heart tells me it's time to go home, just as it lead me here so very many years ago,...,

...and I've simply got to follow it. I'm sorry. Ya'll deseved better after all you have done for me. But I know I only hurt the board carrying this emptiness around.

Thank you for the past 6-7 years. It's been the posting experiences of my life and Ill remember it forever :)

Thank you, sincerely.

If any of you miss everything SpursTalk used to be: intelligent, respectful discussion, enlightened solutions to fixing the team, and the obvious need to do so at this point in the season, and value the right to express an unpopular(if necessary) opinion about change, without the entire board piling on you. I encourage to join me at SpursReport. Where the serious basketball Spurs discussion by real SpursFans is at, and let's let SpursTalk go the path it is destined to go. It really is at Spurs Report now. And I'm not kidding.

From now on, instead of selcting favorites/SpursTalk, I'll be selecting favorites/SpursReport for my posting needs. I've got to keep moving forward you see. And I can't look back ever again.

www.spursreport.com

-whottt

c'est vrai :(

au revoir mon conseil

bMoY5rNBjwk

Claude Francois
12-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (6 members and 10 guests)
boutons_deux, koriwhat, kobyz, Capt Bringdown, Warlord23, benefactor

J'espère que vous nous rejoindrez là boutons

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Keep convincing them SpursReport is better, whottt, eventually some might find their proper place over there.

Meanwhile, we all know you'll be back here, I've been on this board almost from it's beginning, like you, and I'm sure there's no way any of the original members of this board would leave.

Jason R
12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Can't we all just get along? Is there not room for two boards in our lives?

boutons_deux
12-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Whott is madly in love with his own verbosity and melodrama.

ElNono
12-08-2009, 08:55 AM

-whottt

http://i49.tinypic.com/6hhw1j.png

Ice009
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
So instead of giving his opinion or offering a solution on the current Spurs team Whott decides to jump ship?

ElNono
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Whott is madly in love with his own verbosity and melodrama.

This.

I thought this thread was about whottt adding somebody to his shit list...

:jack

Goodbye whottt, don't let the door hit you on your way out...

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Spurs
Talk

Spurs

Thank you, sincerely.

From now on, instead of selcting favorites/SpursTalk, I'll be selecting favorites/SpursReport for my posting needs. I've got to keep moving forward you see. And I can't look back ever again. And if you feel similarly I hope you'll joln me and Spurs Report, and never look back. Ever.

www.spursreport.com (http://www.spursreport.com)

-whottt

Don't let the door hit you....

z0sa
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
whottt, of all people, talking shit about the levels this site has been "brought down to." You were a big part of that one, buddy. You show no one respect and throw insults everytime you can, usually from the pompously douchebag position of "if you can't agree with my point, you are too stupid to understand."

No loss AFAIC.

TimDunkem
12-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Fuck dumbasses.

Big P
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Spursreport??? lol...FAIL!

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Man, it's like in an old war movie when the Sarge gets killed and all the grunts are just kind of shellshocked. I knew there would be casualties of the Spurs march towards the sunset on this board, but I didn't think they'd get Whotttttttttt.

z0sa
12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Man, it's like in an old war movie when the Sarge gets killed and all the grunts are just kind of shellshocked. I knew there would be casualties of the Spurs march towards the sunset on this board, but I didn't think they'd get Whotttttttttt.

The sun may be setting, but its bakingly hot afternoon sunshine still. While Tim is playing and healthy, I can't help but feel any different.

as for whottt, I understand he had epic debates or takes or some crap 5 years ago, he ain't been cutting it as long as I can remember. Sure, like blade said, he made some dumbasses look like dumbasses... so what? Why not keep bringing solid takes to the table and looking for others to up/improve their "game", so to speak - and without hurling the insults from a flawless position? Because that's who whottt is? Well, see you later whottt.

That said, I hope you're not planning on making a shift to SR anytime soon.. :nope we need you fulltime!

Bigzax
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
sorry whottt...message said server was too busy...might have 10 or 11 people over there...

aren't you a member of the playas club forum?

i thought that's where all the quality spurs discussion was now!

who gives a shit though.

i click to the spurs...i see bonner...i click away.

why waste my time on something that's not entertaining.

click away whottt. click away. :toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
The sun may be setting, but its bakingly hot afternoon sunshine still. While Tim is playing and healthy, I can't help but feel any different.

as for whottt, I understand he had epic debates or takes or some crap 5 years ago, he ain't been cutting it as long as I can remember. Sure, like blade said, he made some dumbasses look like dumbasses... so what? Why not keep bringing solid takes to the table and looking for others to up/improve their "game", so to speak - and without hurling the insults from a flawless position? Because that's who whottt is? Well, see you later whottt.

That said, I hope you're not planning on making a shift to SR anytime soon.. :nope we need you fulltime!

Don't sweat it, I'm not going anywhere, although it's becoming increasingly hard to step foot in here after a loss.

The funny thing about this thread is that when I first got started here whottt was the master of what's he bitching about. No one could hijack and meltdown in a thread like whottttttttttttt. Back then it was a rare enough occasion that it made them entertaining. Now? Seems like at a least once a day there's some thread that goes 5 + pages on the back of people arguing until they've run out of ways to call their opponent gay.

narmerguy
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Spurs Report is kind of lame though.

Demure
12-08-2009, 10:54 AM
That forum is fucking dead compared to here and it looks like shit, fuck SpursReport. :rolleyes

myhc
12-08-2009, 10:55 AM
http://www.sillydogs.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dogwearingstylishwigandglasses.jpg

z0sa
12-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't sweat it, I'm not going anywhere, although it's becoming increasingly hard to step foot in here after a loss.

That's cool. I mean, you can do whatever the hell you want obviously - but I know you know, ST would not be the same without SFIE.

The funny thing about this thread is that when I first got started here whottt was the master of what's he bitching about. No one could hijack and meltdown in a thread like whottttttttttttt. Back then it was a rare enough occasion that it made them entertaining. Now? Seems like at a least once a day there's some thread that goes 5 + pages on the back of people arguing until they've run out of ways to call their opponent gay.

It's true. It might even be true that, much like the Spurs, the golden age of ST is over (until we tank for another #1 :downspin:). Or the opposite may be true, like the Spurs - I think if we start winning and winning strong again, more "veterans" will emerge from the woodwork since there will be less trolling going on. I actually think that has a lot to do with it - its not much fun deflecting trolls saying the team sucks, trade x for CP3, game after game, but the Spurs are losing, so its hard to expect any different

/rambling

iManu
12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

samikeyp
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
and yet somehow, life will go on. I never expected the diva good bye post from whottt though.

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I expect no penitence on your shitty hearts though.

You love to use the synonym function on Microsoft Word don't you, son? :lol

dbreiden83080
12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow Spurs really need to start winning.

boutons_deux
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah, it's a "look-at-me, attention-whore, I'm-leaving" post.

Oh, Gee!!
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM

way to commit, buddy. you're a liar and a fraud. I know that because you're still lurking ready to respond when someone calls you on your BS

xtremesteven33
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Spurstalk > Spursreport

anyday....

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone even believed a poster from Spurstalk sent him a PM to make him go to Spursreport?

Chomag
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
I do agree with him about the disrespect that gets thrown around lately even if the if it's not a popular opinion, and even if I'm not 100% sure how serious the OP was being with his statement. You can disagree with someone but calling them names and making fun of them just because you don't agree with them is rather Childish.

After having said that Spurs report is lame! =P

duhoh
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
as retarded as some of the posts are, spurs report is a hive of retardation. someone suggested to trade parker for arroyo. nuff said

JudynTX
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Tell everyone @ SR I said hi.

urunobili
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I have been thinking all day how I should respond to this thread so I came up with these theories:

1) In the back of my head... I believe this is an attempt by whottt to just tease away some trolls and n00bs that have definitively lowered the quality of the board since the end of last season. Can't blame him, but as Kori always say there is a reason why we all have an ignore option.

2) He is also one of the main responsible people to keep up with the quality of the board. It seems notorious now that he lacks the leadership to get it done. I don't see Solid_D or SenorSpur bitching about anything neither ranting with such a lame thread like this one.

3) He just can't stand how the star less Rockets have a better record than the Spurs led by a guy he has spent at least 1 year of his life talking about and whose morbid idea of him being a Spur he can't let go

4) His fans (me included) have failed to kiss his ass as often as he was used to and this is just an extreme measure to get some new ones.

5) timvp may no longer be his friend. I remember a couple of threads of him asking for his phone number etc... it seems he fell out of favoritism by the mods.

6) He doesn't have the balls to fight against purple and yellow and Mav trolls anymore. Ran out of guts... or chickened away... therefore.. his vicious hate against some foreign Spurs fans (actually pretty close to mookie's) has lowered so he doesn't get the thrill of messing around with them anymore

7) He is just too busy to post anymore and is trying to light a fire in our asses to get better.

I truly hope is the latter... so whottt... you will go to Spursreport? really?

Leetonidas
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Whottttttt a drama queen

rascal
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Unbeliveable someone has such a big ego and thinks they are so important that they have to start a thread saying they are going to another site.

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Unbeliveable someone has such a big ego and thinks they are so important that they have to start a thread saying they are going to another site.

:lol good point...just leave w/o all this drama. It makes no difference to anyone whether he stays or goes.

temujin
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Spurs Report is actually run by Luis Scola.

BlackSwordsMan
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
god forbid you post on two forums
lol bye

BlackSwordsMan
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM

qft

sa_kid20
12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Wow Spurs really need to start winning.

:lol

Kori Ellis
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
:lol this is a sarcastic post making fun of other drama queens that leave the board (and also trying to get bad posters to go to to SpursReport). Whotttttttt isn't going anywhere.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
-whottt

Who?

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Spursreport is a much better site. For anyone who's fairly new to posting, you should really go post over there. You'll love it.

Much...........much better.

Go check it out....please.

Slydragon
12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
:lol this is a sarcastic post making fun of other drama queens that leave the board (and also trying to get bad posters to go to to SpursReport). Whotttttttt isn't going anywhere.

That would explain this stupid moving forward comment

-whottt

So he would be moving forward by going back to where he started?

Dex
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I heard SpursReport gives away Spurs daily, and absolutely loves trade threads.

ATRAIN
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Can we trade Pandaspur and Spurstalker back for Whott?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Does Chris Wallace have administrator status over there?

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
yeah right whottt

Pero
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM

Haha, I thought something was off because of that Mario and Andretti PM story. :lol

duncan228
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Say it ain't so whottt. I can't liiiiiiiiive if living is without your extra t's.

Maybe I should buy the house this time... :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102399

Libri
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Say it ain't so whottt. I can't liiiiiiiiive if living is without your extra t's.

Maybe I should buy the house this time... :)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102399

I remember that.

urunobili
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I remember that.

So do I :tu

dbreiden83080
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM

Can we put SequSpur on Waivers??

Solid D
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Nooooo, I'm going with you, then!!!!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/01/alg_child_mom_briefcase.jpg

urunobili
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
speaking of which... where are MarcusBryant and Bruno?

LongtimeSpursFan
12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Jason R is absolutely right. As a person who lurks at both forums I believe there is a strong symbiotic relationship between the two. They each have their own flavor and both having strong memberships is actually good for the both of them. I don't think any longtime poster at Spurs Talk wants to see anything unfortunate happen to Spurs Report. They probably see exactly how important Spurs Report is with total clarity now if they didn't always see it before. Sometimes it just takes a bonfire to make you realize you need your competitor and he's not so much your competitor as he is your partner. From what I know of the story between the two forums there was never much real bad blood between the two and whatever did exist at one time was between individuals that aren't even involved with the forums currently.

Long Live Spurs Report.

I almost expected at "Whooooooo'' at the end of this post.

ATRAIN
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM

I dont know he is good on our D-league team.

ATRAIN
12-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Maybe Kori can put a 5,000 post probation on all newbs and if they screw up, we cut em.

Trainwreck2100
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe Kori can put a 5,000 post probation on all newbs and if they screw up, we cut em.

I propose an OG forum for OGs

rascal
12-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Thats bad news.

angel_luv
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Speaking of Sequ:

I thought of him the other day when I heard this on the radio:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/randy+newman/short+people_20114136.html

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
'Round here

I just caught the last half of the song.

ffadicted
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
To be quite honest...

Spurs Report blows lol

JamStone
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Can't we all just get along? Is there not room for two boards in our lives?

Lol, I never get that type of finality to some of these things. I have more than one site under my "favorites." I go to multiple sports messageboards.

Haven't we learned from Tiger Woods that just because you like one particular thing, it doesn't mean you can't sample other variations or brands of that thing.

Me liking Wendy's doesn't preclude me from going to Burger King every once in a while. I own both Nike and Adidas shoes. I listened to both Biggie and 2Pac in the 90s.

Seriously, too much melodramatic exits. If you leave, then leave. Don't announce it. Don't play darmatic music. Don't expect a parade. Just leave.

And someone else mentioned this before, but whottt, you were one of the biggest culprits when it came to being insulting and disrespectful in discussions. Now, that's your main criticism and reason for leaving?

There are several posters I have called names who I actually respect as posters. I still call them names. Old cliche: it's the fucking internet. Don't take shit so personally. And, don't be such a hypocrite. There has definitely been some drop-off in post/thread quality on SpursTalk, but that doesn't mean you just bail. There are still great posters, still good discussion often. Everything has ups and downs. If you're as good a poster as you think you are, you're doing SpursTalk and yourself a disservice. But, unlike SpursTalk, I suspect your attention whoring is something you haven't quite found the courage to quit yet.

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Haha, I thought something was off because of that Mario and Andretti PM story. :lol

Haha, I didnt catch that.
Dork.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I propose an OG forum for OGs

Best post in this thread so far...if you guys love the old days so much, congregate amongst yourselves...

ORION
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Speaking of Sequ:

I thought of him the other day when I heard this on the radio:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/randy+newman/short+people_20114136.html

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick 'em up

They got little cars Just to say hello
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no Short People
'Round here

I just caught the last half of the song.

Did someone ask you about work boots yesterday ???

MannyIsGod
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

I can't believed how hard everyone got trolled. I thought it was obvious and it basically took until your post to have ANYONE realize that.

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
There's no stopping me this time, Smee. My finger is on the trigger. This is it! Don't try to stop me this time, Smee! Don't try to stop me this time, Smee! Don't you dare try to stop me, Smee, try to stop me. Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee. This is not a joke! I'm committing suicide! Smee.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Spursreport is a much better site. For anyone who's fairly new to posting, you should really go post over there. You'll love it.

Much...........much better.

Go check it out....please.

e20dylan
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
i spend way more time on spursreport.. why?? because there isnt people like sequspur in there. its people who talk as if they arent in front of a computer screen but they are sitting next to you. sequ wouldnt say what he says on the forum in real life. because he would get knocked out. and im still going to punch him right in his nose when i see him. I never see him in the lower level. maybe i should get some 10 dollar seats

JamStone
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I can't believed how hard everyone got trolled. I thought it was obvious and it basically took until your post to have ANYONE realize that.

I didn't know, and didn't read Kori's post before I made my post. I also don't know whottt's history with ST and SR all that well. So I took it at face value. Now I'm wiping the egg off my face. :(

z0sa
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM

I got trolled if its true. Then again, it did seem like wishful thinking for whottt to be gone.

J.T.
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM

You and me both would have flunked out if such a thing existed when we were newbs.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
You and me both would have flunked out if such a thing existed when we were newbs.

More reason to put it in IMO.

OH DAMN.

J.T.
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
On a more serious note, in some ways this startling turn of events is more depressing than the day my first dog died. Without whottt here, I'll probably go on a downward spiral of massive heroin abuse, drug dealing, and ongoing, lifelong patterns of incorrect basketball analysis. Years later, CBF and I will do the 'blood brothers' thing with a rusty Dr. Pepper can and I will become a flesh and blood member of the mookie crew. At least I'll still have the NFL forum, where I am king.

I'm going to miss whottt. Now who am I going to get stoned with and go see remakes of 1970s horror-thrillers involving teenage girls getting raped in the woods by bad men, cringing with bitter disgust until the final scene of the film when revenge is layeth down upon said criminals in the form of their head being microwaved until it explodes? I do not know. All I know is I don't want to end up like CBF, owning a car wash and whacking it to streaming porn in the office all day.

The following video is dedicated to whottt

In Memoriam
gWhUqo9Aivs

sabar
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I could feel the sarcasm bleeding through this LCD screen.

I dunno why anyone would want whottt gone. He actually brings something new each discussion, unlike all these posters that have some catchphrase that they parrot. 1000 posts of the exact same phrase or picture, they are walking advertisements. You can glance at the user name and know what the post says without reading it.

urunobili
12-08-2009, 03:43 PM
gWhUqo9Aivs

:lmao :rollin:lol

SequSpur
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
i spend way more time on spursreport.. why?? because there isnt people like sequspur in there. its people who talk as if they arent in front of a computer screen but they are sitting next to you. sequ wouldnt say what he says on the forum in real life. because he would get knocked out. and im still going to punch him right in his nose when i see him. I never see him in the lower level. maybe i should get some 10 dollar seats

Section 10, Row 6, seats 3 and 4.

I will be waiting beyotch.

Sigz
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Sequ do you need two seats because you're fat?

z0sa
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Sequ do you need two seats because you're fat?

He can lay down on two seats :rollin

Das Texan
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
This thread is hilarious.

And most of the responses are even more hilarious.

SpursWoman
12-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Whottt ... wasn't it me who sent you that first PM, anyway? I know I sent out a bunch. :lol

That, and you could never have clicked on a direct link to SpursTalk from a SpursReport PM because www.FULLSPORTPRESS.com (http://www.FULLSPORTPRESS.com) and www.SPURSTALK.com (http://www.SPURSTALK.com) came out as,

www.**************.com (http://www.**************.com) and www.*********.com (http://www.*********.com) :spin

UnWantedTheory
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
All of this punching of the noses is just ugly.

Slomo
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Whottt ... wasn't it me who sent you that first PM, anyway? I know I sent out a bunch. :lol

Can we call you Mario from now on? :downspin:

SpursWoman
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
It may not have been me that round ... I think I still had SW until I got busted & banned. :fro

mouse
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I remember when my Meth connection got busted I wanted to stop posting here at ST also, but I sucked it up and moved on.

mouse
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
i spend way more time on spursreport..

and yet your post count here at ST gets higher every day...............

noob cake
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Have you had better luck convincing spursreport that Scola is a scrub?

Kori Ellis
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Back in the day (around 8 years ago), my first major interaction with timvp at SpursReport was when he made a thread saying that he was "retiring from the forum" for a few months to concentrate on work.

My response to his thread was something like...

"First of all, making a thread to announce you are retiring is such a drama queen move... who cares -- post or don't post. Second of all, is "retiring" to concentrate on work, so necessary? Just set aside 15 minutes a day and visit the forum and post. Everyone has 15 minutes to spare... so please, I don't think all the theatrics about retiring are necessary."

And then we got married and lived happily ever after.

Blackjack
12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Back in the day (around 8 years ago), my first major interaction with timvp at SpursReport was when he made a thread saying that he was "retiring from the forum" for a few months to concentrate on work.

"First of all, making a thread to announce you are retiring is such a drama queen move... who cares -- post or don't post. Second of all, is "retiring" to concentrate on work, so necessary? Just set aside 15 minutes a day and visit the forum and post. Everyone has 15 minutes to spare... so please, I don't think all the theatrics about retiring are necessary."

So you :owned him before you owned him..:hat

angel_luv
12-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Did someone ask you about work boots yesterday ???

Yea, they did.

You???

birdy219
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I am not a newbie, but I somewhat agree with Whott. :wow

Five years ago, the first site that I went to was Spurstalk. I was a long time lurker before I ever posted. I enjoyed sharing the joys and sorrows of the season with other Spur fans. But alas, I'm getting a little old. So, maybe all of the profanity laced posts and the name calling has worn on me. I am just talking about poster to poster name calling. I go to the NBA forum and it has just about become another bspn.com message board. It is plagued with laker fans.:wrongf I read several forums and MOST of them are full of kobe worshippers. I just wish this site could get back to talking basketball. Let's come together and celebrate the team that means something to all of us. The lakers have the world to slobber over them, can't Spurs fans have a little space to call our own? :toast
:flag:

Mr Bones
12-08-2009, 06:14 PM
whottt, of all people, talking shit about the levels this site has been "brought down to." You were a big part of that one, buddy. You show no one respect and throw insults everytime you can, usually from the pompously douchebag position of "if you can't agree with my point, you are too stupid to understand."

No loss AFAIC.

When I first joined spurstalk, Whottt was the first poster that made me not like it! I rarely return for all the reasons Whottt has so cluelessly presented. jesus, take a look in the mirror, stereotypical angry Internet Sports know-it-all blowhard!

:lmao You have GOT to be kidding.

z0sa
12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
When I first joined spurstalk, Whottt was the first poster that made me not like it! I rarely return for all the reasons Whottt has so cluelessly presented. jesus, take a look in the mirror, stereotypical angry Internet Sports know-it-all blowhard!

:lmao You have GOT to be kidding.

Your post kinda confused me because of that last sentence, but seriously,

I wouldn't have shit against whottt if it hadn't of been for one of his Finley hate-meltdowns. I made a single inquiring sentence about Finley not winning in LA for 10 years, and he misjudged it as "snide" and went on a 12 paragraph tirade about how stupid and ignorant and unknowledgable I was. We hurled a few insults and that was that, but I never felt the same about his antics again - it made me realize he is more about telling others how stupid they are than entertaining basket ball discussion, which is why I found this post so ironic.. Like I said, some of that is warranted, and some of it is not.

Das Texan
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM

the good ole days.

timvp = one of the original drama queens

spursncowboys
12-08-2009, 06:45 PM
sorry whottt...message said server was too busy...might have 10 or 11 people over there...

aren't you a member of the playas club forum?

i thought that's where all the quality spurs discussion was now!

who gives a shit though.

i click to the spurs...i see bonner...i click away.

why waste my time on something that's not entertaining.

click away whottt. click away. :toast
Jefferson is the new one for me.

mouse
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Back in the day (around 8 years ago)

Back in the day when I saw your photo at SR I must have waxed my carrot for 12 hours straight,You had a very sexy look in a news caster sort of way.
I envy TimVp for stepping up to the plate and making his move, if not?.. I am sure I would have been your lover and I can only imagine how your life would have turned out if you had picked me instead of TimVp! :smokin

picnroll
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Who's whott?

senorglory
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
"just because I see Parker, Manu and Duncan need to be traded, Pop needs to be fired and Peter Holt needs to sell the team."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

That sentiment should fairly be received and responded to with derision, friend; but perhaps I'm missing the joke, and your post is satire. In that case, ha ha, good one.

vander
12-08-2009, 07:29 PM
2 simple rules that could fix SpursTalk:

you are allowed 1 post per day during your first year here, 2 for your second, and 4 for your third, then you can post at will.

no thread starting until 1000 posts

:toast

Dex
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM

you are allowed 1 post per day during your first year here, 2 for your second, and 4 for your third, then you can post at will.

But then how would we know when it's time to trade Parker?

Jason R
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM

That's what the bar, alcohol and strangers are for.

vander
12-08-2009, 07:35 PM

they'll be able to bump the few trade Parker threads once a day

whottt
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi all! I just had to log back in to say personal goodbyes to people via PM.

You? Are the exactly the type of person I hope stays here at Spurs Talk and does not come with me to Spurs Report. You? You stay here at SpursTalk. Don't you dare follow me. You stay right there. We do not want you at Spurs Report.

ElNono, why so harsh bro? Our issues were long ago and I thought we had buried them. I personally have enjoyed debating things with you and I was hoping you would be of the ones who comes with me to Spurs Report. I mean that will all my heart. Sincerely. hope to see you there soon my friend :tu *hugs*

This goes for blake and shastafarian too...c'mon guys, let's go home, to Spurs Report. :tu

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
i don't know you but LOL

senorglory
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Ah, I see now that I should indeed read through the entire thread before posting.

jdev82
12-08-2009, 08:16 PM
throwing in the towel in the third round, eh pussy? support your spurs and your online community. they need you now. well not you, the spurs have no room for pussies and quitters. yes the board is overwhelmingly negative, but it will roll around when we start winning again. go ahead and dive overboard.

J.T.
12-08-2009, 08:20 PM
All the people posting shit like "who's whottt?" really need to know their roots.

That's like on the same level as watching the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the original trilogy.

You just can't do things like that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
You can still have a decent discussion around here if you choose who to talk to.

I hope you aren't quitting the DLs too.

Keep in touch, whottt.

Ruff

verbose
12-08-2009, 08:50 PM
All the people posting shit like "who's whottt?" really need to know their roots.

That's like on the same level as watching the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the original trilogy.

You just can't do things like that.

This

Cant_Be_Faded
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I was originally a spursreporter but thispreggo lured me over here.

hey whottt look me up at spursreport

my handle is
"Cant_Be_Faded"

rofl, i can't believe i remembered my password, i PM'ed you on the new forum whottt
:tu

Cant_Be_Faded
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
back in the good old early 00's, mouse and i would single out posters who brought weak takes and posted pics of them with certain things in a certain hole

they weren't forgiving over there at all

mouse used to always make posts about how to troll and how comedy routines

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
When I first started AHF and Manny made life shittay. There is a lot of clique's here and people do immediately gang up on new posters. It was my first forum to ever join and I had no idea how it worked. I took everything so personal and got so pissed because I had never been talked to in such a manner by people I did not know. But after being here for a little while, I can see why people get annoyed with new posters. I try and pay it forward and offer advice, but hardly anyone will listen. Can't blame either side.

Then you learn a lot as you go a long. It is hilarious to watch people make the same mistakes as I did. It is like clockwork and looking back I cannot believe how I acted. But still a good place and as long as you have patience and are somewhat normal/funny, you will be ok.

mouse
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
unless kori is indeed not a Spurs fan.

All Kori has to do is tattoo the spurs logo on her ass that way she can take a good pounding just like the spurs do on the court! :tu

Big Worm
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I was originally a spursreporter but thispreggo lured me over here.

hey whottt look me up at spursreport

my handle is
"Cant_Be_Faded"

rofl, i can't believe i remembered my password, i PM'ed you on the new forum whottt
:tu

Word to the mother fucker! :tu

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
My favorite Whotttism, is when he can bring up BB 10000000000000000 times and if you say Scola, even in context, he says you are a Rocket fan :lol

Kori Ellis
12-08-2009, 10:19 PM
You can still have a decent discussion around here if you choose who to talk to.

I hope you aren't quitting the DLs too.

Keep in touch, whottt.

Ruff

It's a joke thread

Kori Ellis
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM

We would have missed out on some of the best threads in the history of SpursTalk if there was a rule like that.

whottt
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM