PDA

View Full Version : Sjax doesn't back down from KG

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-08-2009, 12:16 PM
They still talk at Golden State about the night Stephen Jackson called out Kevin Garnett.

Garnett, the Boston Celtics star, is a bully. Andris Biedrins, a callow Eastern European center, fit the role of victim. A petulant sort, Garnett wouldn't shut up.

Jackson wasn't in uniform that night. He was too injured to play, a rarity. But he wasn't too injured to confront Garnett. Jackson took a step or two onto the court and told Garnett he could either stop talking or start fighting.

No one seemed surprised Jackson would intervene. The shocker was Garnett's acquiescence; he shut his yap.

"I knew Biedrins wasn't the type of guy to mouth off to Kevin Garnett," Jackson said. "And I wasn't going to let him punk a young teammate."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/1097445.html

The Gemini Method
12-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Not a surprise at all...

Captain Jack--albeit a petulant NBA player--is one that doesn't really back down from anyone. Garnett finally used what little intelligence he had and backed down from confrontation against one of the few guys that you have to figure; has the history to back him up via reputation.

JamStone
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
And then, in his street clothes, S-Jax proceeded to shoot an ill-advised transition three pointer.

The Gemini Method
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
And then, in his street clothes, S-Jax proceeded to shoot an ill-advised transition three pointer.

...his concealed .9mm falling from the waist of his pants...

lefty
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I miss Jax :depressed

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I miss Jax :depressed

That's just because the only other Spur who had Tom Barkley's balls like Jax was Manu and now his are shriveled raisins.

lefty
12-08-2009, 12:50 PM
That's just because the only other Spur who had Tom Barkley's balls like Jax was Manu and now his are shriveled raisins.
And what kind of balls does Sasha have?

Seeds?

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM

Seeds?

Kobe lends him his when he comes out at 20 up.

lefty
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Kobe lends him his when he comes out at 20 up.
:lol

The Gemini Method
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Seeds?

Big enough balls to have the audacity to call himself an NBA player and collect a good portion of Dr. Buss' money.

SenorSpur
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't care what anyone says, THAT type of toughness and cold-bloodedness can play on my team any day. I love SjAX and the Spurs really miss that sort of anti-Spur attitude.

As someone stated earlier in an earlier thread, perhaps Jax should've been the target, over RJ?

Double-Up
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't care what anyone says, THAT type of toughness and cold-bloodedness can play on my team any day. I love SjAX and the Spurs really miss that sort of anti-Spur attitude.

As someone stated earlier in an earlier thread, perhaps Jax should've been the target, over RJ?

Should have been, his contract is better overall anyways. Maybe things will work out, maybe not. Oh yea and we all know RJ plays no defense, SJax is almost in Artest's class when he wants to be.

SenorSpur
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Love the story of how he forced that punk-ass KG to back down.

"Let's take it to the stands"

monosylab1k
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Does anybody buy into Garnett's fake-tough intimidation act? Last year, even Dirk laughed at KG right to his face and proceeded to curbstomp him on the court. Then KG left the game and Dirk promptly got shut down by Leon Powe :lol

benefactor
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Jack....:depressed

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Does anybody buy into Garnett's fake-tough intimidation act?

Powe & Perkins made us buy into it.:(

SenorSpur
12-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Does anybody buy into Garnett's fake-tough intimidation act? Last year, even Dirk laughed at KG right to his face and proceeded to curbstomp him on the court. Then KG left the game and Dirk promptly got shut down by Leon Powe :lol

Good for Dirk. THat just means that Leon Powe is a tougher guy than KG - but then that should come as no surprise to anyone.

And the answer is NO. No one buys it anymore. KG is an intense player, but he's no tough guy. And why he'd try to perpetrate himself off as one, is anybody's guess.

It's almost as though KG is a bad actor in an intense drama series, yet the audience thinks he's a comedian. Nobody's buying into what he's selling.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
It still hurts... Fucking Turiaf.

That SOB! & then GS gives him that deal! I wouldn't give him a red cent.

picc84
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Turiaf's finals performance was the reason I wasnt that sad to see him go.

Did jimmy jack shit.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Turiaf's finals performance was the reason I wasnt that sad to see him go.

Did jimmy jack shit.

Remember Powe pushing him just a moment after the final buzzer Game Six, and Turiaf with that sheepish grin. That's the problem when somebody has a near death experience: they ain't worth tinker's dam anymore. Like Rudy T.

JamStone
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Powe & Perkins made us buy into it.:(

Not enough credit goes to Lamar and Pau and their roles as walking vaginas.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Guilty.

picc84
12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Remember Powe pushing him just a moment after the final buzzer Game Six, and Turiaf with that sheepish grin.

That was Big Baby.

Even worse.

Turiaf tried to shake his hand and Davis pushed him away like a bitch.

Motherfucker laid an egg the whole playoffs. Then gets sonned by a sensitive pussy like Big Baby.

Whatever. Powell is better anyway.

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
GarNOTT is and always has been a little bitch. Cheers to you SJax

LOL@MavsFan
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
:lol:lol:lol

TheMACHINE
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
lamar has been picking fights this year....i wonder if the boxing classes over the summer had somethign to do with it.

JamStone
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
He wrestles with a pitbull every night too. The guy has gotten tough over one summer.

jacobdrj
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Remember Powe pushing him just a moment after the final buzzer Game Six, and Turiaf with that sheepish grin. That's the problem when somebody has a near death experience: they ain't worth tinker's dam anymore. Like Rudy T.

Uhh, Paul Perice?

Venti Quattro
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
It still hurts... Fucking Turiaf.
Fuckface Radmanovic was worse.

I want to crush Boston like a Coke aluminum can being crushed and ripped off.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Uhh, Paul Perice?

Picc said it was Davis. I thought it was Powe. Regardless, the look on Turiaf's face was humiliating. It was a total beatdown.

Ryan, that jagoff Boston writer called it the first 4-2 sweep in Finals history. & he was right.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Fuckface Radmanovic was worse.

I God's, yes. & the kicker? Kobe was on the phone a minute past midnite to Radmo in that free agent period. Can ya imagine it?