PDA

View Full Version : Dime: Who’s Better: Jason Terry or Manu Ginobili?

duncan228
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Who’s Better: Jason Terry or Manu Ginobili? (http://dimemag.com/2009/12/whos-better-jason-terry-or-manu-ginobili/)
By Dime Magazine

We argue. You decide.

JASON TERRY (by Gerald Narciso)

For the last three or so seasons, Jason Terry and Manu Ginobili have been arguably the best and most talented bench players in the league. Terry was last season’s Sixth Man of the Year winner, while Manu copped the award in 2008.

The similarities don’t end there. They’re both 32-year-old shooting guards with resembling attributes on the court. Each can score the ball in a variety of ways: they can get to the basket, hit the long ball, create their own shot and get to the line. No doubt about it, debating who’s better between Terry and Ginobili is a close call. If we’re talking about who’s had a better career or who was better four years ago, I can see how you can make a great case for Manu. But if we’re talking about who’s better right now, I would have to pick the Jet.

Once again, Terry is in the running for Sixth Man of the Year (http://dimemag.com/2009/11/sixth-man-watch-a-pair-of-seattle-natives-coming-strong/). This season, the 6-2 guard is averaging 17.8 ppg, 3.5 apg and 1.4 spg. He is the second-leading scorer on a Mavericks squad that is currently fourth place in the Western Conference with a 14-7 record. Not only is Terry scoring the ball better than Ginobili, but he’s also shooting the ball at a better percentage. JT is also getting more steals and turning the ball over less.

The Jet has proven to be more durable in the past few seasons. Manu missed 38 games last year and has been banged up already this season. In fact, Ginobili has never played an entire 82-game season in his career. Terry, on the other hand, has only missed a total of 19 games in his 12-year career.

Ginobili has always been a great clutch performer, but this season his confidence has been down. He has been a non-factor down the stretch in recent Spurs games and has been reluctant to shoot. Manu even admitted to the media a few days ago that he is thinking too much when he is out on the court. Just like the Spurs this season, Manu has not lived up to expectations on both sides of the ball.

Terry has been a good second option for the Mavs in crunch time. In a recent win over the Kings, he scored 12 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter, and last week he hit a 17-footer in the final seconds to down the Sixers. Terry is also a better athlete than Ginobili. They don’t call him the Jet for nothing — he is one of the quickest guards (especially in the open court) and can play above the rim despite being just 6-2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1IAe5ArmfA). Like the rest of the Mavs, Terry has been better and more consistent on defense this year. He is a better on-the-ball defender than Ginobili.

MANU GINOBILI (by Jack Jensen)

Since his move to the second unit during the ‘07-08 season, you could say that no one in the NBA has been a stronger sixth man than Jason Terry. That is, besides a healthy Manu Ginobili. (And maybe J.R. Smith. Or is it back to Earl?)

Sadly, that’s the key word: healthy.

Both Terry and Ginobili are 32 years old, so nix the old-age angle; the biggest thing with Ginobili has always been his durability. When healthy, Manu can slash, shoot and flop his way to 30 points on any given night. And he can affect the outcome of a game in so many more ways than just scoring. He can handle the ball like a point guard and hand out 6-7 assists when he’s in playmaker mode. He is great at drawing fouls, playing the passing lanes and defending on the ball. Terry, on the other hand, is a volume scorer and the majority of his strength lies on the offensive end.

In 13 games so far this season, Ginobili is averaging his lowest numbers across the board since his sophomore NBA season in 2004, putting up 12.7 points, 3.6 dimes and 2.5 boards a game. A mid-November groin strain has had a lot to do with his recent lack of production, but when healthy we’ve seen glimpses of the “old” Manu: like when he dropped 36 points and eight dimes on the Raptors on Nov. 9, a game the Spurs won without Tim Duncan and Tony Parker in the lineup. That wasn’t a fluke. Over the past couple years Manu been known to drop 30-40 points when one or both of his All-Star teammates happen to be sidelined.

But where Ginobili thrives best is in the postseason.

You don’t have to like the guy (http://dimemag.com/2009/11/the-most-annoying-nba-player-ever-created/), but it’s hard to overlook the fact that he gets it done in the clutch. He’s a proven winner, helping the Spurs to three championships since his arrival. (A lot of people felt he should have been MVP of the ‘05 Finals.) Over the last four postseasons he’s played, which includes two ‘chips, Ginobili has averaged 18.4 points and 3.7 assists. In that same time, Terry has averaged 16.5 points and 3.5 assists a game. Comparable numbers, but the difference is that Dallas is lacking is in the trophy column.

Maybe Ginobili has been surrounded by a more talented core in San Antonio, and maybe he has been the beneficiary of a few hundred favorable calls in his career. But the Spurs do not win championships in ‘05 and ‘07 without Ginobili. He is the clichéd “X-factor” that gives San Antonio the spark it needs to win big games. Both Parker and Duncan are going to bring it every night, but without a healthy and effective Ginobili, the team does not perform to expectations (http://dimemag.com/2009/11/the-spurs-struggles-are-a-bit-puzzling/). This has never been more evident than the Spurs struggles last season, their unprecedented (in the Duncan era) first-round playoff exit, and their .500 start this season.

Findog
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Manu when healthy, Terry when he's not.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Terry, barely, but, that ain't sayin' much, Manu is low enough to be play handball off the same curb where the Mavs stomped them last Spring.

tee, hee.

Sportstudi
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
That's not even a question after some people here considered Manu to be a better player than Dirk... Therefore, Terry can't even sniff at Manu's position :rolleyes

anonoftheinternets
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Terry, barely, but, that ain't sayin' much, Manu is low enough to be play handball off the same curb where the Mavs stomped them last Spring.

tee, hee.

you can drop the act. we all know you secretly like manu.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
you can drop the act. we all know you secretly like manu.

Yes, but that Manu is no more.

baseline bum
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Terry, because he can stay on the floor. Manu's body seems like it can't take an NBA schedule anymore, and not having him healthy has killed the Spurs the last two playoffs. If you could guarantee health, it'd obviously be Ginobili though. He's one of the most complete offensive players in the game.

Muser
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Right now Terry.

Trimble87
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Its too early in the season to judge manu this year hes recovering from almost a year off. Last year when he played he played very weel. And the year before that he put up all star numbers.

Right now Terry is better simply because Manu hasnt done anything this year. And you know what, Manu may be done. But at their best Manu is 100x the better player, and I think even die-hard mavs fans would agree.

stretch
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Manu is the more complete player, but Terry has been playing at a higher level the last couple years, obviously due to health issues of Manu, although some of his health issues are a result of his completely fearless style of play.

Manu has really become one of my favorite players ever. I love his heart and determination.

spursncowboys
12-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Perfect determination: Who gets more buzzer beaters? The reason why Manu is always injured is that is apart of his game. He gives it his all everytime. Good article

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
There is no question that last year and this year Terry is better. Obvioulsy if they are asking who had the better peak, then Gino would be the clear choice, but as of today, Terry is playing better.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Gee, DPG will a cogent post.

Congratulations, sweetheart.

sefant77
12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I take Jason Ginobili.

Ginobili with the durability and the jumper of Terry.

PS: Terry, because he can stay on the floor 100 games a season.

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Gee, DPG will a cogent post.

Congratulations, sweetheart.

???

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I meant "with".

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
So while I make cogent posts, you cannot even make coherent posts. Nice.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
So while I make cogent posts, you cannot even make coherent posts. Nice.

I was congratulating you on breaking your cogent post cherry.

And this is the thanks I get.

Ya putz!

Spursmania
12-08-2009, 07:13 PM

tee, hee.

Are you always such an asshole?

DPG21920
12-08-2009, 07:20 PM

No, but he's always in 'em

Spursmania
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Manu is the more complete player, but Terry has been playing at a higher level the last couple years, obviously due to health issues of Manu, although some of his health issues are a result of his completely fearless style of play.

Manu has really become one of my favorite players ever. I love his heart and determination.

I miss the old Manu. But I'm afraid he might not be coming back.:depressed

Terry is definitely better at this point.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM

Yep.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 07:30 PM
No, but he's always in 'em

Come ta Pappy.

picc84
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Normally i'd say Manu. But i've never seen Terry benched for Brick Mason or give up the game deciding shot to Matt Bonner.

mystargtr34
12-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Terry... Manu hasnt been 100% since the end of 07-08.

FkLA
12-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Terry is instant offense off the bench but I honestly dont like his act. Ive seen that dude negatively affect the Mavs a couple of times because he wants to be the hero...last example was the Spurs-Mavs game in Dallas. Dirk goes off for 40+ but in the last minutes of regulation Terry takes like three ill-advised shots to allow the Spurs to force OT.

dirk4mvp
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah cuz we all know Manu's never been one to take bad shots.

FkLA
12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Nah I wouldnt ever accuse Manu of having that wanting to be the hero syndrome. Terry kind of has it, and Im honestly not saying it out of spite I'll give him the edge as the better 6th man currently, but I just really dont like his act. Never have...he seems like he always wants the spotlight on him.

ffadicted
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Manu when healthy, Terry when he's not.

This, which sucks for us

spursncowboys
12-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Manu may be injured all the time. However when he is, does he win championships? I'm not throwing the old 4-0 card. I am just saying in the PO's time and time again when he is not just a player out there. He is the x-factor. Terry is a true 6th man, where manu is really a starter.

sefant77
12-09-2009, 12:18 AM
sons despite how big Manu's baldness has permeated, it's still solidified conclusion that Manu is better than Jason dick Terry tbh. that dick takes a lion fucking share of shots and often miss most of them, when he shoots well mavs win but he often fails to turn those bullshit shots into digits on board. Manu at least knows he's no longer that good hence knowingly trims the shots he takes, while terry doesn't. to make it worse, Mavs still hold a contract with 3yrs owed to this old dick. Even if he currently plays at an acceptable level, it's almost guaranteed in his final 1-2 years will be the same shitty ass like what Stack was.

Fuck you Donnie Nelson, Fuck you Mark Cuban.

Snap, Terrys last year is just 5 mio guaranteed of a 11,5mio total. Another of the nice contracts Cuban was doing when everyone just saw the total numbers and bashed him.

So probably we gonna pull another Stackhouse/Dustchip that year.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Article spot on.

In a competition of who is the bigger arsehole though, Terry wins by a mile. That guy is a total dickhead, and a dirty player to boot. Manu has never been dirty.

duhoh
12-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Article spot on.

In a competition of who is the bigger arsehole though, Terry wins by a mile. That guy is a total dickhead, and a dirty player to boot. Manu has never been dirty.

well, not dirty in JT's way, but certainly with the acting :downspin:

mavsfan1000
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
When Manu is healthy, it isn't even close. He really is only coming off the bench because the spurs have no bench without him.

badfish22
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
That guy is a total dickhead

:rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
:rolleyes

I'm not hating on Terry for the sake of it - he's a creepy little douchebag, the kinda guy who'd say he was your friend then hit on your girlfriend.

badfish22
12-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Calling a guy a "total dickhead" just because he owns your team, when he does more for the Dallas community than any other athlete, is a little immature.
You can insult the way he plays, you can call him dirty, but when when you start insulting the man personally when he has never gotten in trouble with the law is wrong.

Culburn369
12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Calling a guy a "total dickhead" just because he owns your team, when he does more for the Dallas community than any other athlete, is a little immature.
You can insult the way he plays, you can call him dirty, but when when you start insulting the man personally when he has never gotten in trouble with the law is wrong.

Though you guys do something somewhat similar when you cast that chubby Kardasian girl down just because she married Odom.

badfish22
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Though you guys do something somewhat similar when you cast that chubby Kardasian girl down just because she married Odom.

:lol I don't really cast him down I just laugh when other people do.
And no one calls him a total dickhead for it.

Culburn369
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Though she does have just a splendid cameltoe.

ElNono
12-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Though she does have just a splendid cameltoe.

She just needs some Clamclosure(TM)... it's said to cure camel toe, ninja foot, moose knuckle, beef curtains, taco jeans, panty bacon and frontal wedgie.

ElNono
12-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Still working on it... :downspin:

SwvUOaPn44g

jacobdrj
12-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Terry surprises me sometimes. However I am hard pressed to pick him over Manu, even now.

Culburn369
12-10-2009, 06:34 AM
She just needs some Clamclosure(TM)... it's said to cure camel toe, ninja foot, moose knuckle, beef curtains, taco jeans, panty bacon and frontal wedgie.

:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Fair enough, I wasn't specific. You are right. I retract the dickhead call.

I respect that he's a balla and a clutch one, what I hate is his cheapness (he's at least as cheap as Bowen ever was), his snide little sneer, and the way he tries to stir shit on the court rather than just playing the fucking game.

I had no idea he was heavily active in the community. I respect that too. :tu

dirk4mvp
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
He plays up the home crowd and plays the bad guy on the road. That's just what he does. Some like it, some don't.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-09-2010, 07:16 AM
And today is exactly the sort of bullshit I was talking about 2 months ago. He's a cheap little punk on the court... glad to hear he's not like that in the community.

Basketballgirl25
01-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I'd say Manu is better they Jason Terry just because Terry can be good ,but then there are those times which I hear about a lot that he sucks, never hear that about Manu. Not that I know how either one is doing this season, since I have pretty much no time to watch it with work

endrity
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd say Manu is better they Jason Terry just because Terry can be good ,but then there are those times which I hear about a lot that he sucks, never hear that about Manu. Not that I know how either one is doing this season, since I have pretty much no time to watch it with work

You haven't heard Manu sucks? And you are on a Spurs board who has contemplated trading him and Parker for two season nows? Really???? Is that the best trash talk you can come up with?

Basketballgirl25
01-09-2010, 09:42 AM
You haven't heard Manu sucks? And you are on a Spurs board who has contemplated trading him and Parker for two season nows? Really???? Is that the best trash talk you can come up with?

I haven't heard Manu suck, really I haven't and I don't mean on a message board, I mean from really people I know that watch basketball and I talk with. What people think about players on the internet really doesn't mean anything. People on here might think he sucks, but I don't read half the things people say about players on the internet. So yes haven't heard Manu sucks:toast

SenorSpur
01-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Terry is an offensive-minded, shoot first player, who doesn't pass the ball, rebound, or play defense. Sure he's a gifted and, in some situations, clutch scorer - but that's all he does. He doesn't affect the game in any other areas. Also, he doesn't have the highest BBIQ in the world. I've seen him do too many dumb things. Forget the number or seconds on the shot clock, take ill-advised shots, commit dumb-ass fouls. His situational awareness and how to respond in those situations, leaves a lot to be desired. I've even seen occasions where his teammates give him the ol' "wtf" look. His childish, unnecessary, showboating looks real good when the opposition is running the ball back at him the other way. Also, let's not forget Terry's reputation for dirty, below-the-belt", type acts. There's a reason the coaching staffs (past and present) junked the idea of having Terry as a backup PG.

On the other hand, Manu can affect the game in a variety of ways. Besides his scoring binges, he rebounds, passes, plays the point and can defend way better. He's basically the catalyst for the Spurs second unit, though he could easily be a starter on the Spurs, and any other NBA team for that matter. Manu probably commits more turnovers because he takes more gambles and chances. He also gets his share of criticism for flopping. However, these are criticisms of both hustle and commission that I can live with. Even if this comparison were close, Manu's championship pedigree (at all levels) puts him further over the top.

Sorry folks. In my opinion, this comparison unquestionably favors Manu.

Lukor
01-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Terry is an offensive-minded, shoot first player, who doesn't pass the ball, rebound, or play defense. Sure he's a gifted and, in some situations, clutch scorer - but that's all he does. He doesn't affect the game in any other areas. Also, he doesn't have the highest BBIQ in the world. I've seen him do too many dumb things. Forget the number or seconds on the shot clock, take ill-advised shots, commit dumb-ass fouls. His situational awareness and how to respond in those situations, leaves a lot to be desired. I've even seen occasions where his teammates give him the ol' "wtf" look. His childish, unnecessary, showboating looks real good when the opposition is running the ball back at him the other way. Also, let's not forget Terry's reputation for dirty, below-the-belt", type acts. There's a reason the coaching staffs (past and present) junked the idea of having Terry as a backup PG.

On the other hand, Manu can affect the game in a variety of ways. Besides his scoring binges, he rebounds, passes, plays the point and can defend way better. He's basically the catalyst for the Spurs second unit, though he could easily be a starter on the Spurs, and any other NBA team for that matter. Manu probably commits more turnovers because he takes more gambles and chances. He also gets his share of criticism for flopping. However, these are criticisms of both hustle and commission that I can live with. Even if this comparison were close, Manu's championship pedigree (at all levels) puts him further over the top.

3 or 4 years ago everybody would've agreed with you but Many isnt that player anymore.He shows flashes of brilliance but on other occasions(like the 4th quarter last night) he looks ancient.
Its sad to see but his best years are over,on top of that he has become injury-prone.

SenorSpur
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
3 or 4 years ago everybody would've agreed with you but Many isnt that player anymore.He shows flashes of brilliance but on other occasions(like the 4th quarter last night) he looks ancient.
Its sad to see but his best years are over,on top of that he has become injury-prone.

Yeah, he's not been able to muster up those consistent, dominant performances from game-to-game. He's still the best passer on the Spurs team and even his somewhat reduced state, Manu is able to impact the game in more ways than Terry.

Findog
01-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll just reiterate:

Manu when he's healthy, Terry when he's not.

Terry > Manu now, but Manu > Terry in their primes.

endrity
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
In their primes, Manu was one of the top players in the world, and this isn't even a discussion. But he has been hurt for too long now, Jet has helped the Mavs a lot more than Manu has helped the Spurs recently.

mogrovejo
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Ginobili is still way better. This comparison is a bit absurd.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Ginobili is clearly better. Terry is too up and down.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Ginobili is clearly better. Terry is too up and down.

There's better and more fitting arguments to use when saying Manu is better.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2010, 04:04 PM
There's better and more fitting arguments to use when saying Manu is better.
Not really. Terry goes from having a 30 point game to a player you want benched as he just plain sucks that day. A horrible slump he already had this year.

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I still think Ginobili is better but the gap has closed. In their primes Gino was much better.

Findog
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Ginobili is still way better. This comparison is a bit absurd.

No, he's not. No wonder you overrate the Spurs, you think it's still 2005-2007 Manu out there. That would be like saying the Josh Howard currently playing is still the 2006 version.

Findog
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I still think Ginobili is better but the gap has closed. In their primes Gino was much better.

Manu is injured too much. I'd take Terry because I can count on him. But yeah, in their primes, Ginobili was the much better player.

j.dizzle
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Both of em are somewhat inconsistent but im more surprised with Manu..If i was the Spurs GM i would look at my options..Manu is not young anymore & you never know how much his previous injuries are affecting his game.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Manu is injured too much. I'd take Terry because I can count on him. But yeah, in their primes, Ginobili was the much better player.
I would do Terry for Manu in a minute. The spurs would laugh at that deal though. I actually think Manu is more valuable to the spurs than Parker.

Findog
01-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I would do Terry for Manu in a minute. The spurs would laugh at that deal though. I actually think Manu is more valuable to the spurs than Parker.

You'd also take 55 games a year of Harris over 80 of Kidd.

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Manu is definitely an injury concern, but health does not dictate who is the better player. It dictates who is the more reliable player health wise. But just going from today's abilities when they play, be it 55 games or 80, Manu is still better right now imo.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Well the health risk is always there. With Harris, you got a chance to go far if he stays healthy. With Kidd, you got no chance of going far with him. I'd take the health risk over that situation. Kidd never attacks the paint. That is my biggest problem with him.

DAF86
01-09-2010, 04:53 PM

3/4 years? in 2008 he had his best statistical season on the NBA, do the math.

DAF86
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM

What team would you rather have for the playoffs?

Team A: Kidd-Terry-Howard-Marion-Nowitzki

Team B: Harris-Manu-Howard-Marion-Nowitzki

endrity
01-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Kidd-Manu-Howard(Marion)-Dirk-Damp

Findog
01-09-2010, 05:14 PM
What team would you rather have for the playoffs?

Team A: Kidd-Terry-Howard-Marion-Nowitzki

Team B: Harris-Manu-Howard-Marion-Nowitzki

Hard to say. Will Team B's backcourt be available for the playoffs?

DAF86
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Hard to say. Will Team B's backcourt be available for the playoffs?

Of course it will and the most probable thing is that it'll improve its play by that time (well at least the SG)

dude1394
01-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Manu hands down if he could stay healthy.

crc21209
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Manu is an all-around player while all Terry can do is score...

badfish22
01-09-2010, 05:51 PM

Really not the best day to make this argument. Manu showed flashes of good to great play last night, but for the most part he looked ancient. I think his +/- was -21

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Terry had been looking pretty bad himself as of late. The past few games with Manu have looked more promising. Manu was torching the Mavs in the first half. Big time drop off in the 2nd though.

DAF86
01-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Manu: 13 pts on 9.4 FG att (1.4 pts per att) 41 FG%, 38 3pt%- 4.1 assts, 3.3 rbds, 1.4 stls, 0.4 blks in 25.6 Min per game.

Terry: 16.7 pts on 13.2 FG att (1.2 pts per att) 43 fg%, 34 3pt%- 3.7 assts, 1.8 rbds, 1.2 stls, 0.1 blks in 33.8 min per game.

Healthy or not Manu is still the better player.

Ignorant Spurs fan
01-09-2010, 06:15 PM
How many rings does Terry have? Zilch.

How many does Manu have? Oh yeah 3 more than the entire Mavericks franchise.

Terry does not have the intangibles needed to win a championship and thats all that matters. Him and the Mavericks will never win it all

AnthonyM
01-09-2010, 06:35 PM
How many rings does Terry have? Zilch.

How many does Manu have? Oh yeah 3 more than the entire Mavericks franchise.

Terry does not have the intangibles needed to win a championship and thats all that matters. Him and the Mavericks will never win it all

Best post in the thread.

hater
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Terry is the better shooter but that's about it.

Manu is a better passer, defender, rebounder, etc, etc, etc.

I'd take Manu 101 times out of 100

DAF86
01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Terry is the better shooter but that's about it.

Manu is a better passer, defender, rebounder, etc, etc, etc.

I'd take Manu 101 times out of 100

And even that is doubtful: Manu: 38% 3pt and 89% FT - Terry: 34% 3pt and 85% FT

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 07:50 PM
i would take many over terry, but a crippled manu probably not

ffadicted
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Manu: 13 pts on 9.4 FG att (1.4 pts per att) 41 FG%, 38 3pt%- 4.1 assts, 3.3 rbds, 1.4 stls, 0.4 blks in 25.6 Min per game.

Terry: 16.7 pts on 13.2 FG att (1.2 pts per att) 43 fg%, 34 3pt%- 3.7 assts, 1.8 rbds, 1.2 stls, 0.1 blks in 33.8 min per game.

This. The stats don't lie, but even if you hate stats, Manu is a far superior player. He won't help your team if he's not playing due to injury (which is Manu's only downfall in this argument), but even a hobbled manu is better then terry (like the Manu we are seeing this season).

spursncowboys
01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
WIth Manu, you do not have to worry about him cup checking someone on the opposing team.

baseline bum
01-09-2010, 11:07 PM
This. The stats don't lie, but even if you hate stats, Manu is a far superior player. He won't help your team if he's not playing due to injury (which is Manu's only downfall in this argument), but even a hobbled manu is better then terry (like the Manu we are seeing this season).

Having a hobbled Manu was the death blow to the Spurs repeat effort in 2008. I'm a huge Manu fan, but the fact that his body has broken down at the end of the previous two seasons is a huge factor that cannot be swept under the rug.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM
This thread is about 2 months old and I dug it up to provide evidence for what I had said when the thread was first around, but it sparked the central debate again! :lmao

dirk4mvp
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM
For some reason that's really funny! :lmao

dude1394
01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Manu's playmaking ability is what sets him apart from jason. Not his defense imo.

Halle Berry
01-10-2010, 10:26 AM

said someone who rates Becky Hammon as the more beautiful woman than Halle Berry.

mogrovejo
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Manu's playmaking ability is what sets him apart from jason. Not his defense imo.

Half-true, because Terry is a good defender at the 1. As a wing defender, Manu is very superior.

Bukefal
01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Manu is better than Terry. Plus, he achieved far more in his career.

Terry who? :lol

Findog
01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Of course it will

Why do you say that? Manu wasn't available last year. Harris is never a certainty for May duties with his injury history.

j-money24
01-10-2010, 05:51 PM
terry has been better the last 3 years.

DPG21920
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
terry has been better the last 3 years.

Not at all. He has been healthier, but when they have both played, Manu has been better.

Chillen
01-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Who has 3 NBA titles in which he played a huge part in winning, especially 2005 against a tough Pistons team. Terry got the Mavs to the NBA finals in 2006 which Dirk was huge in getting that team there, the Spurs would have destroyed that Miami team in the 2006 NBA finals. Easy answer: Manu Ginobili

Allanon
01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Right now, probably Jason Terry cuz he seems healthier...but it's pretty close.

Used to be Manu and it wasn't even close.

OldSilentHill
01-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Ok, now you are convinced? Please someone close this thread.

dirk4mvp
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok, now you are convinced?

You mean where people are picking Jason Terry? Sure.