PDA

View Full Version : Our team from to to bottom...

bless1187
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
It's beginning to look very worrying for the Spurs this year, i know the playoff is still several month away. A bunch of teams added new players and had just as much injuries, look at the Magics and Mavericks, both team added plenty of players over the summer and also had injuries to there key players, but you don't see them struggling as much. There just seems to be something very wrong about this team from top to bottom...

Coach Pop: With all the talk about the need for bringing in new talents to keep up with the elite of the NBA, it'll be very nice to see him actually giving these new talents more run rather than stick with what we had last year. He stated the need for front court toughness over the summer, so we went out to get A. McDyess, D. Blair, M. Haislip, and T. Ratliff; but M. Bonner is still getting the most run out of all the big man. Another thing that's bothering me is that please have a stable rotation rather than using a 10-11 men rotation which is very hard to spread the minutes and doesn't really help in getting player in sync either.

Tony Parker: We have to live with the obvious flaws of T. Parker's game in that he is that he doesn't get his teammates involved, but at the rate he was playing last year, it doesn't seem to be a big problem. But this year his overall game has just taken a drastic hit: His jump shot has been very inconsistent, his assist has been down, and he is turning the ball over at a very high rate. There are also times in which i really think this year in which i feel that he was hurting the team more than he is helping it, because he is one of the most offensive minded PG in this league maybe second to G. Arenas; the offensive often consists of him trying to score on his own and passing it out only when the lane is closed down. Lets just say if T. Parker could pick his spots better on when to pass and when to score then i don't think R. Jefferson or A. McDyess would be struggling as much.

K. Bogans: He is just not a starting SG in this league. I think he can be a rotational player since he does play solid defense, but he can't be starting since his offense is just completely non-existant.

R. Jefferson: There were few games early in the season in which he was being aggressive and attacking the rim to score or getting fouled. I really feel he's worrying too much of stepping on the other guy's toe to the point in which he's deferring too much. I really think he needs a more consistent effort on defense, i think often time he plays to the competition in which when he is matched up on defense against a star "P. Pierce" he puts in more effort, but when he is matched up against lesser players "W. Matthew" he just seems to be relaxing a bit.

T. Duncan: His offensive efficiency has been very good so far this season. He is rebound and shot blocking at a high rate too. But one thing that i have noticed about T. Duncan is that his pick and pop defense on bigs that can shoot have just been disastrous. He would often time never even challenge the shot of a jump shooting big in a pick and pop situation and often time leaving them completely wide open with plenty of time to shoot.

A. McDyess: His overall play this year has just been very inconsistent. I think one thing that i like about A. McDyess is that his effort is always there, i'm pretty satisfied by the way he is rebounding the ball. His defense is kinda random in which there are games he is playing really good defense, but there are games his defense is just very mediocre. I can't really blame him for his offensive game, since he seems to knock down most of his shots when available, but i just think that overall the perimeter players most specially T. Parker have to do a better job of getting him the shots when he is open.

M. Ginobili: it just haven't been a good year for M. Ginobili. He had a few good games, but other than that he's been pretty bad. On offense he is forcing things way too much and often resulting in a turnover or a bad shot and on defense he's just gambling a bit to much and often times at the losing end of it too. I really hope that he can return to his pre-injury form, but i'm having my doubts.

M. Bonner: he is actually having a pretty good year for his standards, he is shooting the ball and rebound the ball very well. But the thing with M. Bonner is that when we are matched up against a good defensive team that makes a effort to close out on the shooters "BOS, DEN", his game just becomes non-existant. I really do think he can be no better than the 4th big on this team.

R. Mason JR: it hasn't been a good year for R. Mason JR either... his shots has been very off other than a few games, and when he is not making his shots he turns into a liability to this team, since he doesn't really do anything else really well.

G. Hill: he's been one of the few bright spots this year. He's really playing a lot more aggressively on offense, his shooting and decision making has all been improved compared to last year. I think he's our top perimeter defender on this team. But with that said i do feel that he still has a lot of work to do on his playmaking skills.

D. Blair: he's leading the league in rebounding per minutes. Over the last few weeks i seen a huge improvement in D. Blair's game... in the beginning of the season, he was just a huge liability on defense, but he really made steady progress on the defensive end. He is one Spurs i have been most excited to watch plays since he brings tons of energy, heart, and hustle.

M. Finley: he's just doing what he always done but only in decreased playing time... which is making the open jumpshots.

T. Ratliff: in the few games in which he played, i was pretty impressed with his defense "shot blocking".

I still have hopes for this team, but i really believe for this team to improve, we need to do a better job of incorporating R. Jefferson, A. McDyess, and D. Blair.