PDA

View Full Version : Decreased Productivity Helps You Browse at Work Without Getting Busted

spursncowboys
12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Decreased Productivity Helps You Browse at Work Without Getting Busted
If your boss is particularly restrictive to non-work browsing while you're on the clock, Firefox extension Decreased Productivity makes web pages you're looking at dull and boring so your boss will be none the wiser.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/17/2009/12/cats.jpg

Decreased Productivity adds a small toolset to your firefox browser that, once activated, drops a style sheet over the web page you're looking at that washes out the images and converts all the text to a plain, boring font. Anyone who glances at your screen as they walk by won't have a clue what web sites you're visiting and when the coast is clear just hover your mouse over the image place holders to see them again.

Commenting on blogs and forums takes time, so Decreased Productivity also gives users a drop-down context menu and hotkeys to common markup languages so you can format your comments quickly and get back to work—or more discreet browsing. It's not that we encourage everyone to goof off all day at work, but sometimes even the most productive workers need a little reprieve.

We've seen plenty of boss key tools in the past, and we've even shown youhow to create your own customized boss key, but Decreased Productivity's browser-specific features are handy. What browser tools do you use a work to hide the fact you're taking a little R&R when you should be working (it's okay, we all do it). Share your tips in the comments; you're secret's safe with us.

Decreased Productivity [Firefox Add-ons]

Send an email to Lisa Hoover, the author of this post, at [email protected].

http://lifehacker.com/5421669/decreased-productivity-helps-you-browse-at-work-without-getting-busted?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lifehacker/full+(Lifehacker)&utm_content=Google+Reader

MiamiHeat
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
3X3P0ynwT_A

baseline bum
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Or you could just be good enough at your job that your boss isn't forced to constantly come by and micromanage you.

CuckingFunt
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
That sounds like about 1,000 times more effort and energy than just doing your fucking job.

MiamiHeat
12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
That sounds like about 1,000 times more effort and energy than just doing your fucking job.

I'd rather tire myself out to the point of exhaustion giving 1000% effort trying to satisfy 3 supermodels at the same time

than doing a boring job.

So i think you missed the point, it's not about how much effort, but what you are directing your effort towards!

Let the fun browsing begin!!!!!

z0sa
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Or you could just be good enough at your job that your boss isn't forced to constantly come by and micromanage you.

For real. You won't get busted surfing the net if your boss knows you take care of business

spursncowboys
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Just seeing how so many of yall are on work times, I thought this might me beneficial to some. I don't have a office job, but I do have a wife. She sees me on spurstalk and all of a sudden she needs help with something. I could see how this idea could be beneficial.

Frenzy
12-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Just seeing how so many of yall are on work times, I thought this might me beneficial to some. I don't have a office job, but I do have a wife. She sees me on spurstalk and all of a sudden she needs help with something. I could see how this idea could be beneficial.
regulated by your women and not a boss?

that's worse...much much worse!