PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant On SNR: ‘For Me, It’s All About the June Result’ (Interview)

duncan228
12-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Kobe Bryant On SNR: ‘For Me, It’s All About the June Result’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-kobebryantonsnrforme&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

A Sporting News panel of experts recently chose Kobe Bryant as the NBA’s best player. And Bryant is making the panel look smart, averaging 28.9 points and leading the team to an NBA-best 16-3 record, including nine straight wins. Bryant, in an interview with Sporting News Radio host Tim Montemayor on The Monty Show, talked about the SN ranking.

Sporting News: Sporting News says you’re the best player in the NBA. How does that make you feel?

Kobe Bryant: It’s a tremendous honor. There’s so many great players, and for me, I’m just content with being one of them.

SN: It is interesting, the rivalry for you and LeBron James. He’s No. 2, and you’re No. 1. Is there anything there for you, or is that just the hype?

KB: Nah, you know I think it’s just the hype of it all. There’s so many players in their own right, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, all those guys that I respect a great deal, but for me, particularly at this point in my career, it’s all about the June result as opposed to what happens during the other months of the year.

SN: You’ve spent time with some pretty amazing people in your life. You spent time around Hakeem (Olajuwon) over the summer, Bill Russell—do you ever consider the effect that those guys have on your game?

KB: All the time, and I’m so grateful for the time that I’ve had with those guys, whether it’s conversations or even on the court. These are players that I’ve watched and patterned my game after growing up. Then having the opportunity to speak with them and learn from them, I’ve been very fortunate in that regard.

SN: Do you consider yourself in their class? Because you’re a great player, you’ve got the rings, and you’ve done pretty much everything, but is that surreal for you?

KB: It is surreal, and it’s hard for me to say I’m better than any of those players because I’ve learned so much from them. They’ve really showed me a lot about the game, how to prepare, how to study and things like that. There’s so much of them that lives in me.

SN: Do you ever look back on your career, and think, "Did I really go through all of that, did that really happen to me?" Is it like a movie playing in your head?

KB: (Laughs) You know, about a week ago … I don’t sleep much, but this one night I was in deep sleep, and I woke up sweating, and I was like, "Oh, man, I’ve got to win a ring!" But then I realized it was just a dream, and I breathed a sigh of relief … it was just a nightmare (laughs).

SN: So do you ever take a step back and accept the things you’ve accomplished in your career?

KB: Well, yeah, I enjoy doing it a great deal, and I’ve really been fortunate to be in the situations I’ve been put in. But at the same time I’m driven towards winning another one because it’s such a challenge that I’m really focused on that. … But yeah, I definitely appreciate everything I’ve done.

SN: Let me ask you, though, about LeBron because you guys are so similar in personality and in career paths. Is he a peer to you, or how do you evaluate his stature in your career?

KB: Well, it was different for me because when I came out of high school I was drafted by a contender. We had Eddie Jones, who was an All-Star two guard. I came off the bench for my first three years, so it’s a little different. I wasn’t playing 40 minutes a game my first few years in the league. LeBron is a phenomenal, phenomenal talent, and he’s an even better person.

SN: And I ask you that because you’re both mega personalities, and I wonder … he’s kind of the next you. You were the next MJ and a lot of people think he’s the next you.

KB: (Laughs) Well, I see that, and it definitely makes for an exciting NBA … and I wouldn’t discount Dwyane Wade either. I’ll put him in that same class as well, but it’s definitely been fun.

SN: You know you broke Dwyane Wade’s heart the other night (hitting the game-winning shot against the Heat)?

KB: (Laughs) We talked the other night—we’re really great friends and had a good conversation after that.

SN: It was interesting to see your intensity and hear him say he knew they were in trouble when you got the ball. You’re a killer out there on the court, and you take pride in making those shots, right?

KB: Well, yeah, I like those moments. Those moments are fun. It’s a chance to do something fun because unlike all the shots I take over the summer, all I have to do in those moments is make one to get us a win … but that game against Miami, I’ve never practiced that shot in my life.

SN: How good are you guys this year, and do you think you’re better than you were last year?

KB: I think we’re better because we gained a lot of experience last year and because of that we’re better and will continue to get better. Everyone on our team has a high basketball IQ, and I think because of that we try to think the game through and improve each other’s games.

SN: The first time you heard Ron Artest was going to be a Laker, what went through your mind?

KB: I honestly was sad because we had just won a championship and had great chemistry with Trevor (Ariza), and Trevor was like a brother and still is. So I was sad to see him go … I think we all were. At the same time, our relationship isn’t going to change, but now it’s time to welcome in a new brother into our family, which is Ron. So I quickly shifted from being sad Trevor was gone to being happy Ron was coming in.

SN: But you guys almost threw down last year. It’s always been intense with you guys throughout your careers—none of those thoughts went through your head? You weren’t at least happy that he wasn’t checking you anymore?

KB: Absolutely not, are you kidding? I was excited to face him every day in practice. When he got here and Phil (Jackson) put us on the same team I immediately took my jersey off, switched teams and told him we were going straight up.

SN: I had the fortune to speak with Tim Donaghy, who specifically wrote about you in his book, and said the NBA was going out of their way to give you calls when you were going against Raja Bell, and I wonder what you think about that.

KB: Well, when you clothesline someone on the court you probably do get watched a little closer than the rest of the guys (laughs) … I’m just saying.

SN: Does it bother you at all? Because I don’t think anyone is saying you need calls …

KB: Nah, man. To my knowledge every team does that with their players—it’s just a matter of the player and sending the footage to the league, but I don’t think we’re any different than any other team in the league.

SN: The other thing that Donaghy said is that you’re a superstar and you get the calls because of that. Do you have relationships with officials?

KB: Well, we definitely have relationships in terms of communicating as much as we can, and that’s true across the board. On this team, Derek (Fisher) and I are the captains, and we do the majority of talking to the officials, but not every team is the same. I don’t see that as beneficial, but for that stuff to come out like the Raja Bell stuff, I think that stuff adds a little twist to our playoff series—even though they won that series anyways because Raja’s a terrific defensive player.

SN: By the way, he also said you guys got the calls against the Kings during those epic series with Sacramento, and the league wanted you guys to win that series.

KB: Well, I don’t know about that … they missed all those free throws (laughs) so that might have had something to do with it.

SN: You’re a Philly guy. Allen Iverson is back with the Sixers—how do you feel about that?

KB: I really am happy for him because I feel that’s a place he never should have left to begin with. That’s his city and his place, they love him down there, and I’m happy to see him back.

mavs>spurs2
12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Kobe has always been about Kobe, don't let him fool you. Now he realizes that he's in the twilight of his career and wants to win some more rings not for his teams sake or just for the sake of winning, but because he's under the delusion that it will make him immortal like Jordan. Kobe is good, but he will never be Jordan. I don't care if he wins 8 rings

Venti Quattro
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Why not for himself? Will he offer the rings to Jordan?

Donkeybong
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
nice read

djohn2oo8
12-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Kobe has always been about Kobe, don't let him fool you. Now he realizes that he's in the twilight of his career and wants to win some more rings not for his sake, but because he's under the delusion that it will make him immortal like Jordan. Kobe is good, but he will never be Jordan. I don't care if he wins 8 rings

eTX81NwDB20

mavs>spurs2
12-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Why not for himself? Will he offer the rings to Jordan?

meant to say "not for his teams sake" or "the sake of teamwork"

Allanon
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for posting D228.

No wonder GM's picked Kobe as the #2 best team leader in the NBA after Chauncey. I'd be shocked if Kobe doesn't get at least 7 rings by the time he's done.

Good stuff.

BadOdor
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol, dumb mav fan. No one wins rings "for teamates". This is what makes great players - they don't give a shit about anyone else but themselfs, and they want to win at all costs.

mavs>spurs2
12-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Lol, dumb mav fan. No one wins rings "for teamates". This is what makes great players - they don't give a shit about anyone else but themselfs, and they want to win at all costs.

Kobe doesn't want to win at all costs. He used to do things like scoring 35ppg and quitting in game 7 of a playoff series to the detriment of the team because it suited him. It's not about winning, he's only worried about himself, and he thinks that rings will put him in the same conversation as Jordan. Kobe doesn't care about winning, he cares about Kobe

BadOdor
12-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Kobe doesn't care about winning,

That's a pretty dumb thing to say.

It could be argued that he cares about winning more than anyone else in the NBA.

mavs>spurs2
12-08-2009, 11:08 PM
That's a pretty dumb thing to say.

It could be argued that he cares about winning more than anyone else in the NBA.

Now he does, because it suits HIM. He's getting older and worried about his legacy. He didn't care about winning when he quit on his team in game 7 of the Phoenix series, did he? :lol

BadOdor
12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Now he does, because it suits HIM. He's getting older and worried about his legacy.

Why is that a bad thing? He wants to win, and that's part of him.

Only someone extremely dumb would say something like "Kobe" Doesn't care about winning.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Now he does, because it suits HIM. He's getting older and worried about his legacy. He didn't care about winning when he quit on his team in game 7 of the Phoenix series, did he? :lol

Quittin' didn't hurt Michael Jordan's legacy, nor, Steve Nash's current state.

Let us proceed...

Donkeybong
12-08-2009, 11:15 PM
someone post a kobe u mad picture

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Mavs>, we won tonite, duder! You beat the Suns for me. Rejoice in that, sammykins!

WOOT!

cobbler
12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Quittin' didn't hurt Michael Jordan's legacy, nor, Steve Nash's current state.

Let us proceed...

Or Pippens either.

Mavs>Spurs is just another butt hurt jealous hater. A dime a dozen.

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Or Pippens either.

Mavs>Spurs is just another butt hurt jealous hater. A dime a dozen.

Precisely.

Donkeybong
12-08-2009, 11:24 PM
i guarantee mavs will get fucked up next game vs. the lakers

Donkeybong
12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
sig bet, motherfucker?

terms?

Culburn369
12-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Donk...

- "Careful."

- "John Coffee" - "The Green Mile"

gmartin02
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
a win is a win, motherfuckers. not to mention the team Mavs beat currently hold the best record in West.So what - the Mavs have already lost to the Wizards, Hornets, Golden State Warriors, and Grizzlies in their first 22 games - they are a mediocre team this year. They only beat the Lakers because Gasol didn't play that game. The Lakers are 5-0 against the Mavs with Gasol in the lineup - owned.

P.S. The troll comments in this thread are a FAIL

j-money24
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
sig bet, motherfucker?

I will also bet that the Lakers will fuck them up the next time they meet, Book it.

TheMACHINE
12-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Kobe has always been about Kobe, don't let him fool you. Now he realizes that he's in the twilight of his career and wants to win some more rings not for his teams sake or just for the sake of winning, but because he's under the delusion that it will make him immortal like Jordan. Kobe is good, but he will never be Jordan. I don't care if he wins 8 rings

lol..u read the article..and got this out of it. Pity.

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Kobe is a selfish teammate and doesn't have the heart Jordan did, and that's why he'll never be near jordans level. Jordan didn't quit in game 7

TheMACHINE
12-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Kobe is a selfish teammate and doesn't have the heart Jordan did, and that's why he'll never be near jordans level. Jordan didn't quit in game 7

Did you just bust out your "How to Diss Kobe Bryant: 2006 Edition" book?

TinTin
12-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Okay normally I don't post talking about other teams or players besides spurs but seriously guys

WHERE DO YOU GET JORDAN OUT OF THIS?

He is just being interviewed and he gave reasonable answers. I mean by the sound of things you want him to say things like "fuck lebron and wade sucks cock on the street"

Nothing wrong with trying to win more rings

With that bein said, I still dislike the lakers T____________T

Donkeybong
12-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Okay normally I don't post talking about other teams or players besides spurs but seriously guys

He is just being interviewed and he gave reasonable answers. I mean by the sound of things you want him to say things like "fuck lebron and wade sucks cock on the street"

:toast

cobbler
12-09-2009, 03:13 AM

You don't. Well let me rephrase that. Anybody with a brain larger than a pea wouldn't. But Mavs>Spurs is a moron with a some major insecurity/jealousy/hatred for Kobe to the point where he makes up nonsense and makes himself look like the fool he is. :bang

BadOdor
12-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Kobe:"I wanna win more rings"

Mav fan:"lulz kobe don't care about winning!"

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 03:40 AM
damn i struck a nerve with you people :lmao

ps- kobe is selfish, you can't seriously try to deny this with a straight face. He quit on his team, he's a quitter. He ain't fit to suck Jordan's dick

BadOdor
12-09-2009, 03:51 AM

ps- kobe is selfish, you can't seriously try to deny this with a straight face. He quit on his team, he's a quitter. He ain't fit to suck Jordan's dick

Tell you what, if quitting once makes him a quitter, than dirk is a chocker.

Deal?

duhoh
12-09-2009, 03:52 AM
ONLY kobe is selfish?

you can call jordan selfish too. look @ his HoF speech. he didn't owe his team anything. he just wanted to be the best in the game, which is similar where kobe wants to be the best that he can be.

but excellence can stare a mavs fan in the face, and they wouldn't know what to do with it.

LakerLegend
12-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Ironic, Jordan wasn't even mentioned once in the interview yet Mavs> miraculously inserts him while mentioning Kobe, thus just furthering Kobe's goals of being mentioned with Jordan in the same sentence. Nice work you douchebag you just bought into his plans. I can hear kobe laughing maniacally from here.

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 04:31 AM
:lmao you signed up just to post that incoherent bullshit!?

kobe is a fine player, he's just a douchebag and selfish. this is coming from a guy who spent over an hour watching kobe mixes on youtube just the other day. love his game, he's just somewhat of a douchebag

21_Blessings
12-09-2009, 06:23 AM
All NBA players are inherently selfish. That's not an insult mavs > spurs, you fucking rube.

Lakers999
12-09-2009, 02:02 PM

is that the only untrue argument you are going to standby.... because if so... you are quite pathetic

Lakers999
12-09-2009, 02:06 PM

kobe is a fine player, he's just a douchebag and selfish. this is coming from a guy who spent over an hour watching kobe mixes on youtube just the other day. love his game, he's just somewhat of a douchebag

lets rewind back to the summer of 2007.... wasnt it you I heard orgasming for Mark Cuban to trade anyone on the Mavs (except Dirk) to get Kobe bryant when Kobe asked for a trade. hmmm you still having wet dreams of Nowitzki and Bryant on the same team in Dallas. if so I better hold on to those dreams because they are all you have

chubster
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Why does it matter so much to some people that a great athlete has to be a great person?
A great is a great athlete. Give him his due.
A great person is a great person. Give him his due.

When people start mixing them up, they stop being objective and start spewing unreasonable criticism.
Should I criticize Gandhi for not being able to dunk? Of course not, he's not a basketball player. So why do people criticize Kobe Bryant for not being a saint? He's not Mahatma fucking Gandhi.

And guess what? Jordan is no Gandhi either. He just has the luck of being great before youtube, twitter, online forums, facebook and TMZ were around. So when NBA portrayed him as a great human being, the masses ate it all up without question because how great he was on the hardwood.

Remember that Gatorade commercial? "Like Mike, we want to be like Mike". You want your kids to be the kind of person MJ is? Or the kind of basketball player he was?

Killakobe81
12-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Jordan never quit in a Game 7 he just quit on his career (twice) once under very cusrious circumstances... which are even more curious years later when you hear his HOF speech or that he came back to the Bulls and the Wiz. He also quit at baseball (thank God) and was dismissed from GM (Wiz). I know he claimed the 1st time he quit cuz he had no challenger left and the 2nd because he didnt want to play without Phil but calling bullshit on both of those ...

Look I dont care if M>S (or anyone else) wants to say MJ>Kobe many consider Mj the GOAT. I personally think Magic is the greatest team player I have ever seen ...BUT don't give me that sanctified MJ crap ...(or even Magic)
1. MJ's infidelities would put Tiger's to shame (he just didnt get caught til later)
2. Mj suckerpunched his teammate (kerr)
3. MJ was out gambling in to the wee hours in AC the night BEFORE he played in the playoffs vs. the Knicks (Romo gets killed for a cabo weekend during an "off week)
4. MJ's ego is out of control (HOF speech latest example)
5. MJ was a ball hog in early career as well ...

Kobe may or not be a douche but if he is so is Mj, Lebron and may of the other all-time greats ...Jordan may be the GOAT but he also is one of the all-time douchebags as well ...personally doesnt matter ...but be fair in your crticisim.

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 03:49 PM
:lmao it was fun guys, consider yourselves trolled. notice how guys like culburn and allanon don't respond? troll recognize troll

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
kobe groupie is so fun to fuck with. he'd shit himself if he knew these were all in my bookmarks

v=4FpzQiERt8I

RyKgaeAoa-g

i love kobe, hate the lakers and their fans. fuck you guys

duhoh
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
nice way to change your tune beavis

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
nice way to change your tune beavis

i've been a troll since 2006 if you haven't noticed. kobe fan is the easiest fanbase to rile up and i love it

resistanze
12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Nah you guys got trolled.

Killakobe81
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
who cares? I got my point acorss

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
point being that you're a mindless groupie that wouldn't know a basketball conversation if it took you to colorado and put it in your butt? true

ChrisRichards
12-09-2009, 05:57 PM

ChrisRichards
12-09-2009, 05:59 PM

btw, thanks for choking the game away mavs fans

:lol

cobbler
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
If by trolled you mean we posted common sense replys to your ignorant post... then so be it. I find it kind of amusing that one would take the time make a comment he doesn't even believe just to get opposing arguments then say... I fooled you! Talk about attention whores. Pathetic...

TheMACHINE
12-09-2009, 06:11 PM

btw, thanks for choking the game away mavs fans

:lol

Did someone say "choke"?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/Mavschoke.jpg

Spursmania
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I hate Kobe and I think he's an egomaniac and has no class. I don't give a shit how great he is at basketball. He just makes me:vomit:

Killakobe81
12-09-2009, 11:46 PM
point being that you're a mindless groupie that wouldn't know a basketball conversation if it took you to colorado and put it in your butt? true

Yes genius. I'm a mindless groupie because I like malny GM's and former players think Kobe is the best CURRENT player. Mindless cause I'm college educated coach who has taught basketball on the HS and AAu level but YOU KNOW more basketball than me Mavs>Spurs you are a certified genius like the pic in your sig ...Beavis!

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes genius. I'm a mindless groupie because I like malny GM's and former players think Kobe is the best CURRENT player. Mindless cause I'm college educated coach who has taught basketball on the HS and AAu level but YOU KNOW more basketball than me Mavs>Spurs you are a certified genius like the pic in your sig ...Beavis!

:lmao avatar smack, now that's how you know you're dumb

lol, thinking you're some kind of self proclaimed basketball guru because you coached on the kiddie level

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 12:52 AM
:lmao avatar smack, now that's how you know you're dumb

lol, thinking you're some kind of self proclaimed basketball guru because you coached on the kiddie level

Didnt say I was a "guru" Just said I coached basketball. and that you dismissing my basketball acumen was misinformed. But from the quality of your posts I bet I piss more basketball knowledge than you have shown on this site ...

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Didnt say I was a "guru" Just said I coached basketball. and that you dismissing my basketball acumen was misinformed. But from the quality of your posts I bet I piss more basketball knowledge than you have shown on this site ...

:lmao right, you "piss more basketball than I know" because you coached kiddie basketball

you're talking to someone who's played on the collegiate level and trolls in his spare time. run along son before i bust out the smack bat and beat your sorry ass all over these forums

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Please there are plenty of dumb college players ...you dont scare or impress me and by the ish you are talking you are beneath me ...
I hope and pray you don't waste your degree like you waste your time and efforts here ... good luck with those Mavs you former college playing tough guy!!! Smack me over these boards that will prove a whole lot!

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Please there are plenty of dumb college players ...you dont scare or impress me and by the ish you are talking you are beneath me ...
I hope and pray you don't waste your degree like you waste your time and efforts here ... good luck with those Mavs you former college playing tough guy!!! Smack me over these boards that will prove a whole lot!

:lmao there are plenty of dumb college college players but even more dumb high school coaches. players actually have to go out there and perform the game of basketball at a high level to make the team. a high school coach is just a glorified pee wee coach. and any idiot can coach an aau team for his son and some of his friends. kobe fan fails again

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 01:07 AM
:lmao right, you "piss more basketball than I know" because you coached kiddie basketball

you're talking to someone who's played on the collegiate level and trolls in his spare time. run along son before i bust out the smack bat and beat your sorry ass all over these forums

ANd to be honest ... I just responded to your smack Im sure if you are being truthful we could have a good debate ...but apparently you prefer to troll and flame ...I dont have any true beef with you ...

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 01:12 AM
:lmao there are plenty of dumb college college players but even more dumb high school coaches. players actually have to go out there and perform the game of basketball at a high level to make the team. a high school coach is just a glorified pee wee coach. and any idiot can coach an aau team for his son and some of his friends. kobe fan fails again

I bet the IQ and SAT scores OF MOST HS coaches is FAR SUPERIOR to MOST HS (and college players)
BUT as I said I have no beef with you ...yes I fail ...I'm almost as good at it (failure stay with me genius) as you and your team ...in fact you are THE GREATEST FORMER COLLEGE PLAYER that is FAN of ONE OF THE ALL-TIME FAILURE TEAMs ...CONGRATS YOU WIN AGAIN!!!

The Mavs are greater at failure than the Lakers are at winning!
Dirk is a better choker than Kobe is clutch! Cheers!

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 01:18 AM
I bet the IQ and SAT scores OF MOST HS coaches is FAR SUPERIOR to MOST HS (and college players)
BUT as I said I have no beef with you ...yes I fail ...I'm almost as good at it (failure stay with me genius) as you and your team ...in fact you are THE GREATEST FORMER COLLEGE PLAYER that is FAN of ONE OF THE ALL-TIME FAILURE TEAMs ...CONGRATS YOU WIN AGAIN!!!

The Mavs are greater at failure than the Lakers are at winning!
Dirk is a better choker than Kobe is clutch! Cheers!

Dirk has been statistically one of the top fourth quarter performers in the league the past 2 seasons

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 01:21 AM
dirk is a great player but needs a title to validate it ...

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 01:23 AM
and kobe needs a 3rd party witness to validate his innocence. why didn't he just have one of his homies tape it?

Donkeybong
12-10-2009, 01:32 AM
trolls never admit they are trolls. mavs>spurs is the worst poster ever.

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 01:33 AM
trolls never admit they are trolls. mavs>spurs is the worst poster ever.

:lmao keep it comin sweetheart

Native American
12-10-2009, 01:57 AM
My tribe has a saying: a man with great ego will dip his genitals in sugar because he thinks even his urine is sweet. However he runs the risk of creatures trying to eat his sugar coated genitals. And by that, I mean the two of you are fags.

cobbler
12-10-2009, 02:06 AM

You boasted... let's see your credentials. Where did you play? What college? When? How long? What were your stats? Did you actually even play or were you a bench warmer?

Put up or shut up...

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 03:10 AM
You boasted... let's see your credentials. Where did you play? What college? When? How long? What were your stats? Did you actually even play or were you a bench warmer?

Put up or shut up...

Now why would I want to give out my personal identity to people on the internet? People I've pissed off and might try to dig into my personal life? I wasn't a superstar though, I played a little d2 before going to my current university. I just enjoy the game. I don't see you asking fag all about what kiddie team he coached while were tooting our own horns :lmao

Culburn369
12-10-2009, 05:51 AM
dirk is a great player but needs a title to validate it ...

...+ that Duchovny & and that ugly girl to somehow make the Summer of '06 like go missing.

jmill
12-10-2009, 05:58 PM

Kobe doesn't want to win at all costs. He used to do things like scoring 35ppg and quitting in game 7 of a playoff series to the detriment of the team because it suited him. It's not about winning, he's only worried about himself, and he thinks that rings will put him in the same conversation as Jordan. Kobe doesn't care about winning, he cares about Kobe

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6380/kobeyoumad.jpg

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
3 of those 4 rings belong to Shaq, the other one belongs to David Stern. What's your point?

cobbler
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Now why would I want to give out my personal identity to people on the internet? People I've pissed off and might try to dig into my personal life? I wasn't a superstar though, I played a little d2 before going to my current university. I just enjoy the game. I don't see you asking fag all about what kiddie team he coached while were tooting our own horns :lmao

I dont care about coaches ... I was just curious if you were BS'ing or actually played. I hear it all the time yet when asked... they can't even name the school or any accomplishments. Like you. :sleep

Venti Quattro
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
3 of those 4 rings belong to Shaq, the other one belongs to David Stern. What's your point?

Without Kobe's brilliance, Shaq would just have one ring c/o Dwyane Wade.

Stop hating.

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I dont care about coaches ... I was just curious if you were BS'ing or actually played. I hear it all the time yet when asked... they can't even name the school or any accomplishments. Like you. :sleep

I actually played D2. I'm a 5'11 white guy that can dunk the hell out of the ball, not something you see very often. I'm just not giving out my identity online

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Without Kobe's brilliance, Shaq would just have one ring c/o Dwyane Wade.

Stop hating.

Everyone knows the Lakers from 2000-2004 were Shaq's team. Don't be an idiot

Venti Quattro
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM

I agree. But basketball is a team sport yo.

Allanon
12-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Some haters just never learn :lol

cobbler
12-10-2009, 06:14 PM

Actually, they were then as they are now... Dr. Jerry Buss's team.

Shaq and Kobe played on said teams and you know what... neither win squat without B.Shaw, Horry, Fox, Harper etc.

This whole "it was one players team" is a bunch of hogwash.

jmill
12-10-2009, 06:14 PM

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8955/southparktearlick.gif

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2/gifbinhatersgonnahaten.gif

Culburn369
12-10-2009, 08:43 PM
^:lol

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Why can't you people just accept that Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to 3 rings and won another courtesy of David Stern, and quit on his team? All of these statements are facts, you can't really argue. Just say "all of the above is true, but I choose to suck Kobe's nuts anyway."

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Why can't you people just accept that Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to 3 rings and won another courtesy of David Stern, and quit on his team? All of these statements are facts, you can't really argue. Just say "all of the above is true, but I choose to suck Kobe's nuts anyway."

Hey Mavs>Spurs you claim to be a college player (or ex) you cant REALLY believe that you are BETTER than that ...

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Mavs>Spurs you claim to be a college player (or ex) you cant REALLY believe that you are BETTER than that ...

Was Pau Gasol not traded to the Lakers midseason when they needed some help? Did Kobe not quit in game 7 of the Phoenix series? Which part are you disputing

jmill
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Mmmm, I'd much rather suck your nuts than Kobe's baby. I love it when you talk dirty to me.

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Mmmm, I'd much rather suck your nuts than Kobe's baby. I love it when you talk dirty to me.

ok.

jmill
12-10-2009, 10:18 PM
ok.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/2/gifbinhatersgonnahaten.gif

mavs>spurs2
12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:100939/sku:81947117/Nike%20Zoom%20Kobe%20IV%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=HomeP#sku=81947115

Killakobe81
12-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Was Pau Gasol not traded to the Lakers midseason when they needed some help? Did Kobe not quit in game 7 of the Phoenix series? Which part are you disputing

The road coattails part ...Shaq was the leader of the team for better and for worse ...that is why we played that "flip switch" basketball ...
But Shaq does not win without Kobe and any intelligent unbiased fan knows that, MAvs>spurs ... come on I wanna respect you ...but posts like that make it hard to take everything serously game & for Kobe there is no excuse I agree ...the rest is just exaggeration ...

Culburn369
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Did Kobe not quit in game 7 of the Phoenix series?

Yes. But, Michael Jordan quit and he prospered thereafter. So has Kobe.

MiamiHeat
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Hmm, a player who wants to win championships...

I WONDER HOW MANY OF THOSE THERE ARE IN THE NBA! lol

Just about every damn player in the league.

nothing to see here.