PDA

View Full Version : 2 Trades that would be nice...[not a reality I'm sure, but nice]

BadOne
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Not that this is a bashing of the current roster. I still beleive we can win with this team. The problems are well pointed out by many of you guys in these forums, lack of execution, comunication and trust. I can't speak for Pop, so I'm not sure what goes on in his head. One can only wonder? :worthy::lobt2:

Just went to the ESPN trade machine for fun. Tell me what ya'll think?

IAN MAHINMI FOR COURTNEY LEE

New Jersey, of course must know that nothing significant is gonna happen to them this season other than mounting more losses. They get an expiring contract [not sure if it would be guaranteed or not], and the Spurs get a guy I beleive they wanted to draft either before or after George Hill. I would’ve given up Mason for him, but the numbers didn’t work. Seein how Mahinmi will likely never get a true shot in S.A. I'd say time to turn nothing into something!

Courtney Lee plays better defense than Mason, handles the ball better, and drives to the basket. The Magic were fools for trading a gifted young prospect to New Jersey. I know Vince Carter is good, but I really liked Lee as their pick. Seeing him go apparently upset Dwight Howard also.

http://f587.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f4564632%5fAH1kxEIAAO8MSx7TVQ8wLy3 6ji0&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

MASON FOR GASOL (Marc)
I’d definitely pull the trigger on this one. As much as Bonner can be a defensive liability, Bonner hits more 3’s consistantly than Mason, so I would trade him and possibly a draft pick [2nd round] to Memphis for Marc Gasol to give Duncan a young center with a better PER than that which he's played with recently. Memphis gets an expiring contract that perhaps they can buy out [?], or if they wanted to keep him, they could.

http://f587.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f4564632%5fAH1kxEIAAO8MSx7TVQ8wLy3 6ji0&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Each of these trades I think could help this team improve instantly. Damn, anybody here got Peter Holt on speed dial?

-BADONE

:flag:

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Read the latter part of your title..there's your answer..

BadOne
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Read the latter part of your title..there's your answer..

The whole point being for your opinion my friend...

Spursmania
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
http://f587.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f4564632%5fAH1kxEIAAO8MSx7TVQ8wLy3 6ji0&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1MASON FOR GASOL (Marc)
I’d definitely pull the trigger on this one. As much as Bonner can be a defensive liability, Bonner hits more 3’s consistantly than Mason, so I would trade him and possibly a draft pick [2nd round] to Memphis for Marc Gasol to give Duncan a young center with a better PER than that which he's played with recently. Memphis gets an expiring contract that perhaps they can buy out [?], or if they wanted to keep him, they could.

This would be the ultimate irony. Spurs beating the Lakers with a trade from Memphis for Marc Gasol:lol

EmantheSpursFan
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
haha my dream trade...

Finley for Brook Lopez straight up!
lol it works

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

BadOne
12-08-2009, 11:24 PM
This would be the ultimate irony. Spurs beating the Lakers with a trade from Memphis for Marc Gasol:lol
It'd be interesting to see him match up against his brother wearing siver and black. http://www.spursreport.com/forums/images/smilies/rock2.gif

BadOne
12-08-2009, 11:25 PM
haha my dream trade...

lol it works

Yikes, you're right. :lol

That would be sick to have Lopez next to Timmy.

kbrury
12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
lol this thread

borders
12-08-2009, 11:33 PM
How about Manu for Kobe and Mason for a bucketful of shit.

Josepatches_
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
haha my dream trade...

lol it works

I would send TP for Lopez.

He's young and it could be a franchise player if he's not yet.Frontcourt with Lopez-Blair for the future could it be great.

But seriously what players we have to trade? None if you want some help in return.

Manu? We are not going to get players better than him for him right now.End the season,to offer him a new very low contract or let him to go.

Hill or Blair? How are we going to trade the only young players with future that we have?

Finley? Only garbage for him. Bonner? He's playin better than players we can get for him. Mason Jr?? He's near to be waived

The only players of the roster with trade value right now are TD and TP.

For me it's time to made a big move for the future.TP is the man to move even if we have to tank this season.I will fight for Bosh or Wade in 2010 too but we need space in the salary cap

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
We have a number of assets..20 mil $ in expiring contracts..

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
We are not the Lakers, you know.

The Truth #6
12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Hill is not untouchable. Pop says he loves Hill. I gues that's true, maybe. If people around the league think Hill is having a breakout season, then let's get them on the phone.

I don't know. Trades help most teams, but with our byzantine system what assurance do we have those players wouldn't be worse? Not much. Other than over the hill veterans that Pop loves (and who don't actually help the team) what young player could we expect to survive in the Spurs system? They need to have a high BBIQ yet somehow still be young enough for us to roll the dice on them. Those two criterias almost never coincide.

Shit, we supposedly got one of the better big men available in free agency in Dice. A guy who is supposed to be a perfect fit and he's totally scratching his head with our still complicated system.

There's a lot of talk of players learning the system. What about adapting the system to the players that we have? If the coming days get desperate, I'd rather hire another assistant coach to help with the offense then expect some new players to save the day.

The talent is here we just haven't tapped it yet.

baseline bum
12-09-2009, 01:16 AM
I'd rather do a 3-way deal

Cavs get
- G Manu Ginobili from Spurs
- F Rashard Lewis from Magic

Magic get
- F Richard Jefferson from Spurs
- C Zydrunas Ilgauskas from Cavs

Spurs get
- 2011 unprotected first rounder from Cavs
- $3,000,000 cash from Magic
- F LeBron James from Cavs
- C Dwight Howard from Magic

Russ
12-09-2009, 01:22 AM

Cavs get

Magic get

Spurs get

I don't think the Spurs would go for that.

Chieflion
12-09-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't think the Spurs would go for that.
The Spurs would want another unprotected pick from the Magic and another 3 million dollars from the Cavs to do that deal. Besides, it would screw up team chemistry so the Spurs still may not do it.

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2009, 01:32 AM
mason for marc gasol.....lol hey give me a kilo of what ur smokin

ffadicted
12-09-2009, 02:00 AM

Cavs get

Magic get

Spurs get

Oh how much fun the trade machine is :lol

VivaPopovich
12-09-2009, 02:01 AM
People should be realistic in their hypotheticals.

Roger Mason for Marc Gasol? Please. And the sad thing is: Pop would still play Bonner more minutes than Gasol. But ST loves it if Bonner is hitting 3's!

baseline bum
12-09-2009, 02:02 AM

You could make it a 4-way and get Wade in the deal too.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-09-2009, 02:03 AM
My opinion of this thread is that it should be locked. Going to propose a trade, make it at least slightly possible. Otherwise, confine this bullshit to your fantasy team. :ihit

Cavs get

Magic get

Spurs get

:lmao

TinTin
12-09-2009, 02:04 AM

Usually I would think of the op as retarded when seeing topics like this but this is fun :rollin

I have never been to the trade site but after seeing some of the possibilities, it looks like a good way to fantasize you way through boredom:lol

Keep em coming!