PDA

View Full Version : so when is duncan be a leader and call players only meeting

ducks
12-08-2009, 11:30 PM
and look at film and point each other mistakes

tp2021
12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Pop has never pointed out any of his players' mistakes on film.

:lmao

duncan228
12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
How do we know he hasn't?

Mr.Robinson
12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm sure they have this guy with a face only a mother can love to point out mistakes.

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Cause he is too nice a guy to do so.

Jess
12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
It's a completely different atmosphere when your peers call you out. Good idea.

I'm sure Duncan's done it or thought about it already.

Duncan21kid
12-08-2009, 11:53 PM

wow just wow:depressed

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Duncan calling Parker out won't make him 100% healthy, it won't get him his speed back and it won't make him a good passer..

Duncan calling out Manu won't give him his ability back, it won't get him his confidence back..

Duncan calling out Jefferson won't change his style of play, it won't get him the ball more, it won't make him a player that plays with a killer instinct..

duncan228
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Duncan has done players-only practices in the summer. I'm sure he would call a players-only meeting if he felt the need. And I'm sure we'd probably never hear about it.

SequSpur
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Ducks is fuckin stupid.

The Truth #6
12-09-2009, 12:04 AM
But Ducks clearly communicates regularly with Tony Parker. Perhaps he knows something.

ElNono
12-09-2009, 12:09 AM
LOL @ this thread. Amazing some people call themselves Spurs fans and *still* don't know how Duncan operates...

spurspokesman
12-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Duncan has done players-only practices in the summer. I'm sure he would call a players-only meeting if he felt the need. And I'm sure we'd probably never hear about it.
Does he talk. Lol. Seems like he uses sign language. But on a real note our spurs are not playing inspired ball. The knicks are playing harder than us and even as bad as jersey is they look like they wanna win. Its more of do they really want it.

TinTin
12-09-2009, 02:28 AM
I dont think the team's problems are because duncan is not being a leader or that the problems will go because he starts to be more vocal. Everyone knows what is going on

Or unless you want Duncan to start grovelling at players' feet telling them to win a championship for him in his twilight years

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2009, 02:30 AM
holt wasted 70m on this roster, he has no money left to invest in a dvd player...

JWest596
12-09-2009, 03:39 AM
It's time for Pop to pull the bus over again on the highway.

ducks
12-09-2009, 09:10 AM
memphasis had a player only meeting they were 1-8 then now look at their record

KSeal
12-09-2009, 09:15 AM

:lmao

Also

Mayo>Manu

Gay>RJ

Gasol>Dice/Blair/Bonner

O.J Mayo
12-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Stupid ducks. Don't you know that a player only meeting is just a shouting match? Usually, I just shout whenever I watch the tapes and find out Rudy Gay plays no defense. I am not that close to him so I just shout,

"Fuckin Gay, no defense on the ball at all."
"Thabeet is a bigger bust than Oden."

Don't bring up the meeting anymore cause I bet I can play PG better than Tony Parker even though I had 7 turnovers against the Cavs.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
oh shit therez a griz fan on dis board?

O.J Mayo
12-09-2009, 09:25 AM
oh shit therez a griz fan on dis board?
Player of the next decade: O.J Mayo

Feels so good. All teams should feel afraid of the future GOAT, O.J Mayo. Go ahead and cry in the corner cause you guys failed to draft me, due to your sucky management, who has no eye for talent. Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Tim Duncan pale in comparision to da Juiceman.

The Grizzlies will 4-peat twice and people will forget about Jordan. Throw your Air Jordans away because there will be Juiceman Mayo shoes next time. I am going to sign that contract in 2013.

8 future rings, bitch. By all means, feel jealous. One more thing.

Spurs: 3 straight losses
Grizzlies: 3 straight wins

How does that make you feel? It is high time some of you convert to a Grizzlies fan. The bandwagon is not full yet. We became a better team after A.I left. Rudy Gay needs to leave soon. He is taking away shots from a future GOAT when it is all said and done.

it's me
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Lmao….. when you think it’s impossible for Ducks to surpass his own level of stupidity….this… he just keeps getting stupider and stupider every minute... every answer… every post….. poor son of a bitch.

Magic_Johnson
12-09-2009, 09:45 AM
tony is the leader now

:stirpot:

4down
12-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Whenever I hear player only meeting I always think of the one from Remember the Titans where that lineman keeps shouting "An y'all think we done SOMEthing? man, y'all we ain't done NOTHing, man" about 50 times...

If Tim Duncan calls a player meeting, that better not happen. Or if it does, I hope at least Tony and Manu record it and put it on their facebook.

EricB
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
No one will call one cause they have way too much love and respect for pop.

Despite what the experts on this forum think.

lefty
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
If Duncan ever calls players only meetings during the regular season, be assured that it will be only to play World of Warcraft

phyzik
12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I see Duncan calling out players all the time during games. Why would he need to have a meeting with them?

lefty
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
http://alteredconfusion.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/index-world-of-warcraft-logo.jpg

DaBears
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Is Parker good trade bait.. To land a pass first point guard....

lefty
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
You think Duncan is not active between games?

Then who starts those "Trade PArker, Fire Pop, RJ sucks" threads ?

weebo
12-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Ducks is fuckin stupid.

:tu

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 11:53 AM

I blame IT ALL ON MANU!!!!!!!! No one else!!!!! :lol

LOL @ the cliched "players only meeting":lol

dbreiden83080
12-09-2009, 12:54 PM

Because ducks says so.. :lol

dbreiden83080
12-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I blame IT ALL ON MANU!!!!!!!! No one else!!!!! :lol

LOL @ the cliched "players only meeting":lol

Yes the old Players only meeting. Our Coach is not getting through to us, so lets get together on our own and whine about things..

Solid D
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM

I know the Spurs have a satellite-feed, digital production room but I don't think they use film any more.

http://8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/Sankyo762small.jpg

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes the old Players only meeting. Our Coach is not getting through to us, so lets get together on our own and whine about things..

And how do you know that he isn't??? He's not some rookie head coach. He obviously knows what he is doing. The players are not executing, simple as that. Has nothing to do with them not listening or respecting Pop. It's too easy to pull the "it's the coach's fault" card when things aren't going the way we/the team envisioned. He has nothing to do with Parker passing the ball to the 3rd row or missed FTs.

dbreiden83080
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
And how do you know that he isn't??? He's not some rookie head coach. He obviously knows what he is doing.

I was being sarcastic. Of course they are listening to POP, i think Players meetings in general are kind of lame. Say what you have to say in front of the whole coaching staff..

Lakers999
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I was being sarcastic. Of course they are listening to POP, i think Players meetings in general are kind of lame. Say what you have to say in front of the whole coaching staff..

couldnt disagree more...

some players on the court have their own chemistry together aside from the coaching staff.... i.e. your parents dont need to hear everything you do in life so why should your coach. Your coach is like a parent, teacher, mentor all together sometimes he cant fix your propblems but peer to peer meeting or counseling could be the answer....

this is your basic psychology and sociology 101....obviously you havent taken these courses yet

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM

I was hoping you were...I can't tell sometimes. :lol

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
couldnt disagree more...

some players on the court have their own chemistry together aside from the coaching staff.... i.e. your parents dont need to hear everything you do in life so why should your coach. Your coach is like a parent, teacher, mentor all together sometimes he cant fix your propblems but peer to peer meeting or counseling could be the answer....

this is your basic psychology and sociology 101....obviously you havent taken these courses yet

LOL @ Laker fan

EmptyMan
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Bonner is calling that shit!

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Bonner is calling that shit!:lol

Shit he has every right to. I can't believe I am typing this, but I wish more players had half the heart and determination as the Ginger. Blair is the only other one on the team besides Bonner and Duncan that I see even putting forth an effort night in and night out.

draft87
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM

"so when is duncan be a leader and call players only meeting"

????

dbreiden83080
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
couldnt disagree more...

Hey Faker fan, this is not a 12 year old hiding a pack of smokes from his old man in fear of being spanked.. These are grown men, professional players that have to be on the same page. If they need seperate meetings apart from the coaching staff to discuss reasons why the team is not winning, if i am the owner that tells me the coach has lost his ability to get through to the team.. Pop has not lost the team, they are just not gelling right now..

They are actually pre-req's for posting here, it's the end of the semester, your grades are still pending, how did you even log on?? :rolleyes

Lakers999
12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Faker fan, this is not a 12 year old hiding a pack of smokes from his old man in fear of being spanked.. These are grown men, professional players that have to be on the same page. If they need seperate meetings apart from the coaching staff to discuss reasons why the team is not winning, if i am the owner that tells me the coach has lost his ability to get through to the team.. Pop has not lost the team, they are just not gelling right now..

They are actually pre-req's for posting here, it's the end of the semester, your grades are still pending, how did you even log on?? :rolleyes

i wasnt doubting PoP ability to get through to the team. you missed the point entirely. The coach can only do so much to motivate a player and bring a team to gel together. If that doesnt work... than a peer to peer meeting with all the players can only help or solve a situation why players are not gelling together.

and since it glaringly obvious that you just started watching basketball you would realize that almost every championship team in the past 60 years had player only meetings.... this is including the SA Spurs.

it seems you failed the pre-req for basic reading please retake the course through extended education before posting here again

LOL@MavsFan
12-10-2009, 05:46 PM
i wasnt doubting PoP ability to get through to the team. you missed the point entirely. The coach can only do so much to motivate a player and bring a team to gel together. If that doesnt work... than a peer to peer meeting with all the players can only help or solve a situation why players are not gelling together.

and since it glaringly obvious that you just started watching basketball you would realize that almost every championship team in the past 60 years had player only meetings.... this is including the SA Spurs.

it seems you failed the pre-req for basic reading please retake the course through extended education before posting here again

Link???

Spursmania
12-11-2009, 12:08 AM
"so when is duncan be a leader and call players only meeting"

????

That's just duck speak.:lol

Lakers999
12-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Link???

the lakers did one last year....... and look where it led them

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/12/12/derek-fisher-called-a-lakers-team-meeting/6698/

z0sa
12-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Player only meetings are called player only meetings for a reason. That's because player only meetings means player only meetings. Only. the players. Not the coaches. Not the public. Players. Only. Only Players.

angelbelow
12-11-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm not sure if that is his style of leadership, but that would be interesting to see.

narmerguy
12-11-2009, 02:17 AM
When are we gonna hold a fans only meeting? Fans. Only. Only. Fans.

kace
12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Duncan calling Parker out won't make him 100% healthy, it won't get him his speed back and it won't make him a good passer..

Duncan calling out Manu won't give him his ability back, it won't get him his confidence back..

Duncan calling out Jefferson won't change his style of play, it won't get him the ball more, it won't make him a player that plays with a killer instinct..

At this point, and for quite few years now, i just don't think Tim has any right to call tony or manu out. they're the core of the team and he wouldn't have won his three last rings without them.

DPG21920
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
At this point, and for quite few years now, i just don't think Tim has any right to call tony or manu out. they're the core of the team and he wouldn't have won his three last rings without them.

Tim can call anyone he wants out. It is his team. He may not do it, but he could and Manu and TP would listen.

You could have replaced Manu/TP and won titles with Tim a lot easier than you could have replaced Tim and won titles with Manu/TP. That is in no way a knock on Manu/TP, but that is the truth.