PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Recruiting Update

TFloss32
12-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Looks as if the Longhorns' coaching staff is going to dedicate a portion of their 33 days off to making a strong recruiting push in order to wrap up the class of 2010.

Mack Brown flew to Cincinnati yesterday and will have a face-to-face meeting with LB Jordan Hicks today. Hicks has an official visit scheduled with Florida this weekend, but it remains to be seen if he will end up taking it (especially if you factor in that Florida's defensive coordinator, Charlie Strong, is now the head coach for Louisville).

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/tag/mack-brown/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Hicks-85180

There have been rumors circulating (since Halloween) about a "mystery recruit" committed to another school who is interested in taking an official visit to Texas. Well, LSU commit and Dallas Skyline WR Mike Davis will be in Austin this weekend to talk to the Texas coaches. It seems as if he's also trying to get Texas A&M commit and Dallas Skyline LB Corey Nelson to come along with him. He has been rumored to sign his text messages "Mr. A&M" and he looks to be pretty solid on the Aggies, though.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2009/12/6/1188975/nelson-may-visit-texas-davis-will

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Davis-84543

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Corey-Nelson-76952

There is also this news from the LSU side of things. It has been back and forth like this since the rumor surfaced about Davis switching his commitment. He's coming to Austin...he's not. He's coming to Austin...he's not. Davis is arguably the offensive prize of LSU's recruiting class (unless they pull Lache Seastrunk) so it's not a surprise that these rumors are consistently shot down. Nonetheless, many credible Austin sources have him visiting this weekend.

http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=927367&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2flouisianastate.scout.com %2f2%2f927367.html

Fort Worth Dunbar WR Darius White is scheduled to be taking an official visit to Norman this weekend to check out the Sooners. However, many media outlets have reported that he'll actually be in Stillwater instead. Keeping him away from Norman can only benefit the Longhorns, IMO. I doubt he commits until the Under Armour All-American Game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-White-78114

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2009/12/8/1191896/white-to-visit-oklahoma-state-not

Nothing new on DE Jackson Jeffcoat out of Plano. He's been pretty silent since his official visit to Austin for the Kansas game. He doesn't have any other visits scheduled at this time. He's the player I feel the Longhorns have the best shot at out of the entire bunch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jackson-Jeffcoat-68202

Feel free to debunk or confirm rumors, add information, etc. I'm always curious to know what others are hearing in their neck of the woods (no matter what school you support). :toast

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
looks good, OU honks were trying to say White was never visiting Oklahoma State and the numerous reports were all typos and should have read- Oklahoma

Jeffcoat is a very quiet, solitary dude, hasnt giving anything away recruiting wise in the last year

Muschamp will be in-home with Mack at the Hicks'

still hearing Seastrunk is a lock to LSU

TFloss32
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
looks good, OU honks were trying to say White was never visiting Oklahoma State and the numerous reports were all typos and should have read- Oklahoma

Jeffcoat is a very quiet, solitary dude, hasnt giving anything away recruiting wise in the last year

Muschamp will be in-home with Mack at the Hicks'

still hearing Seastrunk is a lock to LSU

Having Muschamp along with Brown is HUGE since he's the one who originally recruited Jordan Hicks. I know he took a trip to Ohio to watch him play in September and Jordan visited Austin shortly after that for the Colorado game. Muschamp said after the Big XII game that it's "not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmys and Joes. We have two more guys to get." I would assume those two are Hicks and Jeffcoat.

LSU/Auburn are safe bets for Seastrunk. I can't help but feel that he's going to migrate west and attend California or Oregon, though. They say this guy is quite the jokester (shows up to camp with socks, shorts and shirt that all have different schools' logos on them) and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked a school completely off of the radar. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

mookie2001
12-09-2009, 07:18 PM
also Aaron Green top 2011 RB from SA, was at the B12 Championship in Dallas, Nebraska was his leader and i think Texas was almost off the list for the guy. His brother goes to Neb and i heard he wasnt very impressed with either of the teams offenses naturally. it also seems obvious Nebraskas OC might not make it to 2011. I think Green's going to play the hat game on national tv in feb/11

Texas is heavily recruiting Malcolm Brown (just had a sickkk season) from SA and Hershel Sims as 2011 RBs, these are the best three best in the state and texas needs one bad, i think theyll land Sims and Brown but i wouldnt count Green out even though he was pretty average this season for a potential 5 star

Corey Nelson is really the jewel of aggys 2010 class and if texas could somehow get him to switch AND land Hicks it would be a biblically historic 2010 Linebacking class for texas. with Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson already committed that would make the 2 best linebackers in the NATION and 4 of the top 10 in the NATION even though some have Nelson projected as a safety (he is on the smallish side) even 3 of those 4 would be fucking unbelievable

also DT Ashton Dorsey Texas verbal for 2010 is moving up in the national rankings and just had a dominant season

Cant_Be_Faded
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
:rolleyes
runningbacks from SA rarely ever work

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Herschel Sims is undersized right now but has a good build for a back and can take on weight while still maintaining his excellent speed and agility. I've followed Abilene High all season and was at the recent regional final vs Arlington Bowie (my mom and all of my family from her side went to/ are going to Abilene High), and Sims was the definition of dominant. He and his QB cousin Ronnell Sims are a vicious HS backfield, the best in the state on the ground, as juniors. I definitely hope we land the kid in 2011.

TFloss32
12-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Texas is heavily recruiting Malcolm Brown (just had a sickkk season) from SA and Hershel Sims as 2011 RBs, these are the best three best in the state and texas needs one bad, i think theyll land Sims and Brown but i wouldnt count Green out even though he was pretty average this season for a potential 5 star

I hope Texas grabs two of the four heralded backs from the 2011 class (Green, Brown, Sims and Bergeron). It might be a situation where Texas will scoop up the two who commit the quickest and show the most enthusiasm about coming to Texas.

Side note: I live in San Antonio and grew up in the same district that Aaron Green and his family members have played in. It's highly irrelevant and means absoultely nothing, but the Greens are always dominant at the high school level and then disappear when they get to the college ranks. Not to say this will happen to Aaron, but food for thought. Also, Malcolm Brown lives in nearby Cibolo and his production completely overshadowed what Green did this year. He had a dominant game in a losing effort against 4A powerhouse Austin Lake Travis. Another year of high school will paint a better picture of who Texas should really go after.

Corey Nelson is really the jewel of aggys 2010 class and if texas could somehow get him to switch AND land Hicks it would be a biblically historic 2010 Linebacking class for texas. with Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson already committed that would make the 2 best linebackers in the NATION and 4 of the top 10 in the NATION even though some have Nelson projected as a safety (he is on the smallish side) even 3 of those 4 would be fucking unbelievable

I could care less if they land Nelson...he would simply be a bonus at this point. I'm not even sure they have room for him, especially if guys like Jeffcoat, Hicks, White and Davis come aboard. If Texas closed with those four...talk about a historic class. If anyone has information about how the Hicks visit went yesterday, please pass it along. :toast

TFloss32
12-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Darius White is visiting Oklahoma State this weekend...not Oklahoma. Doesn't appear that he's going back there any time soon.

Anyone with Austin connections hearing anything about Mike Davis? Inside Texas has an update on it but I don't have access.

symple19
12-10-2009, 01:46 PM
LSU/Auburn are safe bets for Seastrunk. I can't help but feel that he's going to migrate west and attend California or Oregon, though. They say this guy is quite the jokester (shows up to camp with socks, shorts and shirt that all have different schools' logos on them) and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked a school completely off of the radar. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

I still hear that Lache is very much up in the air. Auburn got the commitment from Trovon Reed, a 4 star from Louisiana who also happens to be Lache's cousin. It's been said that these two would be a package deal, but I haven't heard much recently.

One more thing impacts Lache and Auburn. With Michael Dyer (5 star rb) committing to AU, it's still very much a possibility that Marcus Lattimore or Lache will (or the extremely unlikely scenario, all 3 commit to AU) also commit to the Tigers. Kids know what a 2 back system at Auburn can produce (Brown & Cadillac) and now know what kind of an offense AU has.

For Lache, I would say it's between Aub/LSU/USC. If Lattimore commits to Aub, then I just don't see Lache coming to the plains. If Lattimore commits to South Carolina (AU and USCe lead) then I would say Auburn is a much better bet. However, most of the buzz in Auburn land concerns the friendship between Dyer and Lattimore, with Dyer actively trying to get Latt to go to Auburn as well.

My purely speculative guess is that Auburn gets Lattimore, and Lache goes to USC. LSU will probably get left out in the cold. Likeliest scenario is Lattimore goes to Gamecock land, Lache goes to USC, and Auburn holds Dyer.

I do know Trovon Reed is still trying to get Lache to go to Auburn.

Why the fuck can't any Texas schools get in on Lache? Seems to me the Longhorn offense needs a kid like that who can get out on the edges and make people miss. Any of you guys know?

symple19
12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
BTW, Chizik can fuckin recruit! Auburn is shaping up a very nice class, the kind of class Tuberville used to get back in the day. Auburn is showing it can recruit nationally, and also showing it can get kids that Nick Satan has targeted. Now let's see if he can coach em' up too

rjv
12-10-2009, 04:04 PM
austin american statesman seems to think seastrunk will be going to USC next fall.

ben molina is a nice pick up for a&m to add to their already solid running back corp of michael and gray

Ballcox
12-10-2009, 05:11 PM
^I've heard from UT recruiting circles that the Texas staff got the prima dona routine from Lache, kind of toyed with them a bit and maybe wanted his ass kissed more. Also, Mack has been more hesitant to go after kids with questionable 'personalities', particularly in reference to the whole Romance Taylor thing. Evidently, some on the Texas staff see some similarities between Lache and Romance T.

Both obviously have big time talent, but Mack also wants the kid to have a good head on his shoulders in addition to the talent.

TFloss32
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Why the fuck can't any Texas schools get in on Lache? Seems to me the Longhorn offense needs a kid like that who can get out on the edges and make people miss. Any of you guys know?

Establishing any type of running game would be a big help in bringing guys like him to Texas. I don't think Greg Davis even knows what the I-formation is anymore. It's like Ballcox said below...Lache is quite the jokester. Shows up to camps with Auburn shorts, USC headband, Texas shirt, etc. Texas has done a nice job in the more recent years of steering clear of guys with personality or grade issues.

^I've heard from UT recruiting circles that the Texas staff got the prima dona routine from Lache, kind of toyed with them a bit and maybe wanted his ass kissed more. Also, Mack has been more hesitant to go after kids with questionable 'personalities', particularly in reference to the whole Romance Taylor thing. Evidently, some on the Texas staff see some similarities between Lache and Romance T.

Both obviously have big time talent, but Mack also wants the kid to have a good head on his shoulders in addition to the talent.

Funny how both Lache and Ramonce are from Temple. Scary talent with questionable personalities. I remember seeing Ramonce at fraternity parties when I went to UT and he loooooved the attention. It's a shame he turned into such a waste.

mookie2001
12-10-2009, 07:55 PM
yeah seastrunk has a street agent...errr family friend very involved too, i think the guy is an elite talent, at least on film. i guess he wants to get out of central texas. at certain positions i cant blame texas for not wanting to wait around so lache can take his around the country tour especially with the 4 2011 guys looking every bit as good. even though this is similar to what happened last year- chris wahley: christine michael, as traylon shead: lache seastrunk. and we still havent had a feature back since jamaal charles

i dont know what mike davis' deal is, his team was in the playoffs and he didnt want the distraction, im sure they must be over by now. but still heard hes as good as committed, people are banking on him or darius white, which is amusing because neither has actually given their verbal

symple19
12-10-2009, 08:19 PM
When Lache went to Auburn camp over the summer he called out Nick Saban twice by name. This definitely speaks to his personality, which aligns with what you guys are saying. Still, I'd be happy to have him catching balls and running sweeps while Dyer pounds it inside for the next few years.

The recruiting process sure does over-inflate these young kids egos.

rjv
12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
When Lache went to Auburn camp over the summer he called out Nick Saban twice by name. This definitely speaks to his personality, which aligns with what you guys are saying. Still, I'd be happy to have him catching balls and running sweeps while Dyer pounds it inside for the next few years.

The recruiting process sure does over-inflate these young kids egos.

well he would definitely be running sweeps but his glaring weakness is he drops a lot of passes. still, he has major talent. understandable that some coaches would not want a prima donna on the team though. if that is what he is then let him go to USC where he would fit right in.

symple19
12-11-2009, 05:15 PM
well he would definitely be running sweeps but his glaring weakness is he drops a lot of passes. still, he has major talent. understandable that some coaches would not want a prima donna on the team though. if that is what he is then let him go to USC where he would fit right in.

true, his hands are an issue but I've also seen him make tough catches on video. That leads me to believe it's not a hands thing but a concentration thing. Should be something that can be coached up.

mookie2001
12-13-2009, 12:40 PM
4 star WR Mike Davis committed today

:tu

great pickup coach Gillespie

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
symple19: alot of people were saying Iowa State did a little damage this year largely because of the crop of talent that Chizik brought in while he was there for two years.

He's gonna be a great coach for Auburn if he can pull in the talent...but the 2006 Longhorn Defense is still a huge huge knock on his abilities IMO. We'll see.

symple19
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
symple19: alot of people were saying Iowa State did a little damage this year largely because of the crop of talent that Chizik brought in while he was there for two years.

He's gonna be a great coach for Auburn if he can pull in the talent...but the 2006 Longhorn Defense is still a huge huge knock on his abilities IMO. We'll see.

I sure hope so. He has a legit top 10 class now, rife with 4*'s and even a 5*. Can he coach em up and improve the defense? That will be key. Everyone surrounding the program is fairly pleased right now. Let's see if he can keep the momentum going

TFloss32
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Just a few things for everyone to read...let me know what you're hearing! :toast

4 star WR Mike Davis committed today

Mike Davis...awesome pickup for the Longhorns. It was reported that Davis committed this past weekend (after attending the Longhorns annual banquet on Friday) but many seem to think he had been an "unofficial" Longhorn for more than a week prior. Looks as if he wanted to wait until he got to Austin and commit in person. The ONLY downside to Mike Davis' visit last weekend is that he didn't bring Dallas Skyline LB, and teammate, Corey Nelson with him. Many seem to believe Nelson's commitment to Texas A&M has been wavering since Texas beat them on Thanksgiving night and because he has been in contact with the Texas staff in recent weeks. Hopefully he will make a visit to Austin after Christmas -or- after the Under Armour All-American game on January 2nd. It's also important to note that he does have a scholarship offer on the table from Texas.

Jordan Hicks...last week Hicks had an in-home visit with Mack Brown and Will Muschamp and also visited Gainseville to see what Florida had to offer. Only this time, ex-Florida defensive coordinator and current Louisville head coach, Charlie Strong, wasn't there to assist in the recruiting process. Jordan has since nixed USC and Alabama from his list of potential colleges. Many find it suspicious that Jordan is no longer having his weekly conferences to talk about his recruitment. Rumblings on the Ohio State boards say that this move favors Texas and Jordan is as good as a Longhorn. Throw in the fact that Jordan wants to move to the South, he has a great relationship with Muschamp and his mother has a long friendship with strength and conditioning coach Jeff "Mad Dog" Madden...things look promising for Texas. Take it with a grain of salt, though.

Jackson Jeffcoat...yet again, not much going on with this guy. He's done an excellent job of playing his cards close to his vest. People "in the know" say that this recruiting battle is between Texas and USC, even though he has a visit with Houston this weekend (seems to be a formality because of his father), Oklahoma on January 22nd and Florida somewhere in between those two. Many believe he will remain in-state and become a Longhorn, but the Trojan recruiting machine is apparently heating up. Texas needs to stay persistent with Jeffcoat and I know they will. I expect him to be a Longhorn.

Darius White...he did, in fact, visit Stillwater this weekend to talk with the Oklahoma State staff. Apparently, the Cowboys have always been his "sentimental" favorite. They probably wined and dined him to the best of their ability and convinced him he would be getting numerous touches with the departure of Dez Bryant. Texas can't necessarily say the same (especially with Mike Davis now on board). However, if a guy like Darius White wants to sign with your school, you find a way to make it work. My gut feeling is he will suit up for Oklahoma State come 2010, but Texas is very much in the mix. His announcement will come at the Under Armour All-American game on January 2nd.

Lache Seastrunk...this guy hasn't been on the Texas radar in quite some time, but I like to talk about him because he is a Texas boy and the recruiting outlook continues to change with him. I found it interesting that LSU running backs coach, Larry Porter, recently took a job at Tennessee. It appears as if this has dealt a huge blow to the Tigers' chances and has actually thrown Tennessee in the mix for Lache's services. A lot of people believe Seastrunk is waiting on a decision from RB Marcus Lattimore (Duncan, South Carolina) seeing as how he has Auburn high on his list as well. Regardless, I believe Lache migrates west considering all of his visits have been to the west coast schools (Cal, UCLA, and he was at Autzen Stadium when Oregon destroyed USC) and those schools seem to be a personality fit for him. You never know with this guy, though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Lache-Seastrunk-75256

TFloss32
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Here is a look at the top juniors in Texas (and two out-of-state guys) that the Longhorns will be looking at after National Signing Day ends. I wouldn't be suprised if many of these guys are offered by, and committed to, Texas by the end of Junior Day. You'll notice a pattern where the Longhorns are developing quite a pipeline to certain high schools. In no particular order of importance...

QBs
1.) David Ash, Belton (6-4, 195)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Ash-88960 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Ash-88960)

2.) J.W. Walsh, Denton Guyer (6-2, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-J.W.-Walsh-94193 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-J.W.-Walsh-94193)

3.) Michael Brewer, Austin Lake Travis (6-0, 166) **He would be a third generation UT QB if signed, and was a high school teammate of UT's Garrett Gilbert and Paden Kelley.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Brewer-85449 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Brewer-85449)

RBs
4.) Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele (6-0, 210)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Brown-88000 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Brown-88000)

5.) Aaron Green, San Antonio Madison (5-11, 186) **Has a family member playing for Nebraska and already has offers from all over the country.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784)

6.) Herschel Sims, Abilene (5-10, 190) **Will be playing in the Division 2 title game this weekend against Katy.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Herschel-Sims-90123 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Herschel-Sims-90123)

7.) Joe Bergeron, North Mesquite (6-0, 235)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Bergeron-85593 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Bergeron-85593)

WRs
8.) Trey Metoyer, Whitehouse (6-3, 198)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Metoyer-84739 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Metoyer-84739)

9.) Jaxon Shipley, Brownwood (6-0, 170) **Brother of UT's Jordan Shipley. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Shipley-85200 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Shipley-85200)

10.) Miles Onyegbule, Arlington (6-4, 200) **Has a family member that plays for Kansas, but 2009 was his senior season.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Miles-Onyegbule-86048 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Miles-Onyegbule-86048)

11.) M.J. McFarland, El Paso El Dorado (6-5, 225) **This guy is flying under the radar as of right now. He's also a basketball player but will likely go football in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-McFarland-85503 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-McFarland-85503)

OLs
12.) Spencer Drango, Cedar Park (6-6, 265) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Dominic Espinosa.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Spencer-Drango-87848 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Spencer-Drango-87848)

13.) Taylor Doyle, Austin Lake Travis (6-5, 270) **High school teammate of UT's Garrett Gilbert and Paden Kelley.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Doyle-90379 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Doyle-90379)

14.) Sedrick Flowers, Galena Park North Shore (6-3, 280) **High school teammate of UT's Barrett Matthews and future Longhorn, Trey Hopkins.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Flowers-89863 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Flowers-89863)

15.) Marcus Hutchins, DeSoto (6-5, 250) **High school teammate of future Longhorns, Adrian White and Darius Terrell.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Hutchins-87872 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Hutchins-87872)

TEs
16.) Chris Barnett, Dallas Smith (6-6, 245) **Family member of UT's Eryon Barnett. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Barnett-89918 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Barnett-89918)

17.) Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Gig Harbor (Washington) (6-7, 250) **An out-of-state prospect that Texas will definitely go after. He's already visited Austin unofficially and, as a junior in high school, has offers from every top program in the country (except Texas because they don't offer until Junior Day).
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Seferian-Jenkins-87390 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Seferian-Jenkins-87390)

ATHs
18.) Quandre Diggs, Angleton (5-10, 188) **Family member of Texas Ex Quentin Jammer and high school teammate of UT's D.J. Monroe.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957)

19.) LaDarius Brown, Waxahachie (6-2, 175) **Would likely play DB in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ladarius-Brown-92497 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ladarius-Brown-92497)

20.) Stephen Williams, Round Rock Stony Point (5-9, 169) **High school teammate of UT's Tevin Mims.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Stephen-Williams-85594 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Stephen-Williams-85594)

DTs
21.) Desmond Jackson, Spring Westfield (6-1, 269) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Jackson-94391 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Jackson-94391)

22.) Marquis Anderson, Cibolo Steele (6-3, 260) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852)

DEs
23.) Cedric Reed, Cleveland (6-6, 240) **Like Seferian-Jenkins, already has offers from many top programs in the country.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Reed-85195 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Reed-85195)

24.) Nathan Broussard, Plano West (6-4, 225) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Broussard-94742 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Broussard-94742)

25.) Beau Blackshear, Waco Midway (6-4, 230) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Beau-Blackshear-89440 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Beau-Blackshear-89440)

26.) Nathan Hughes, Klein Oak (6-5, 245)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Hughes-88846 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Hughes-88846)

27.) Jermauria Rasco, Shreveport Evangel Christian (LA) (6-3, 227)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jermauria-Rasco-79670

DBs
28.) Leroy Scott, South Houston (5-10, 190) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leroy-Scott-85197 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leroy-Scott-85197)

29.) Franklin Shannon, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 190) **High school teammate of UT's Christian Scott and future Longhorn, Mike Davis.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Franklin-Shannon-97978 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Franklin-Shannon-97978)

30.) Sheroid Evans, Sugar Land Dulles (6-1, 185) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sheroid-Evans-89904 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sheroid-Evans-89904)

31.) Kolby Griffin, Houston St. Pius X (6-0, 180) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Greg Daniels.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kolby-Griffin-98243 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kolby-Griffin-98243)

LBs
32.) Anthony Wallace, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 220) **High school teammate of UT's Christian Scott and future Longhorn, Mike Davis. Already has numerous offers on the table.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198)

33.) Steve Edmond, Daingerfield (6-3, 225) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Chris Jones.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Steve-Edmond-96592

34.) Trevon Randle, League City Clear Springs (6-2, 201) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trevon-Randle-94761 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trevon-Randle-94761)

35.) Kendall Thompson, Carthage (6-3, 225) **May play DE in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kendall-Thompson-99668 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kendall-Thompson-99668)

36.) P.L. Lindley, Round Rock Stony Point (6-2, 210) **High school teammate of UT's Tevin Mims.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-P.L.-Lindley-90985 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-P.L.-Lindley-90985)

37.) Chet Moss, Cedar Park (6-1, 225) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Dominic Espinosa.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chet-Moss-85767 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chet-Moss-85767)

That should do it for the top Texas guys. Many of them have already visited Texas unofficially by going to games throughout the year. I expect Texas to snag the majority of the list. If anyone knows any out-of-state prospects that UT will be looking at (other than Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Jermauria Rasco) let me know! :toast

Ballcox
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM
^First off, thanks for all the info TFloss. I'm always going to multiple web sites to get recruiting info in addition to a good friend who sends me info from Orangebloods.

Especially love the info on the Juniors who are looking at Texas, we just continue to haul in top notch talent primarily from Texas but sometimes a big time player from out of state.

Mike Davis coming on board is a big pickup, especially when you take a guy away from another top program like lsu. My wish list to finish out this year's class is D. White, Jeffcoate and Hicks-that would be a moster class and one that would produce some great results down the road.

I'll also be damn sure to tune in to the Army all american game this year, looks like some big announcements could come for UT.:toast

Dr Cox
12-17-2009, 02:31 PM
good info...texas is really getting some good wr's, starting to transition into the gilbert era with a more of a passing attack

wreck 'em

Kermit
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
good info...texas is really getting some good wr's, starting to transition into the gilbert era with a more of a passing attack

wreck 'em

As opposed to the running threat that they are right now.

Whisky Dog
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Haha, the one aggy who chimes in has to say something ridiculously retarded.

If they can land Jeffcoat, White, and Hicks it would be a lengendary class in the making. I don't think they'll pull white but I hope they do the other 2. Adding Hicks would make for a monster LB haul at a place not known for LBs

TFloss32
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
^First off, thanks for all the info TFloss. I'm always going to multiple web sites to get recruiting info in addition to a good friend who sends me info from Orangebloods.

Especially love the info on the Juniors who are looking at Texas, we just continue to haul in top notch talent primarily from Texas but sometimes a big time player from out of state.

Not a problem. There is a lot of good info out there if you have time to dig for it. There's not a whole lot of organized info, though (that's free, at least). I'll keep passing updates along as I find them.

If they can land Jeffcoat, White, and Hicks it would be a lengendary class in the making. I don't think they'll pull white but I hope they do the other 2. Adding Hicks would make for a monster LB haul at a place not known for LBs

Grabbing Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson, Jordan Hicks and possibly stealing Corey Nelson away from the Aggies would be nothing short of legendary (as far as linebackers go). I expect the future defensive recruits to always be stout as long as Muschamp is a part of the Texas staff. Adding Jackson Jeffcoat, Jordan Hicks and Darius White to the mix will surely make this class as talented as Vince Young's 2002 class.

TFloss32
12-17-2009, 05:25 PM
2010 Under Armour All-American Game, January 2nd in Orlando, Florida, ESPN

2010 Army All-American Game, January 9th in San Antonio, Texas, NBC

The following is a list of Texas' 2010 commitments (alphabetical) and I have highlighted them if they will be playing in an all-american game (according to colors above). Lots of undecided prospects will be making their announcements at these games, and some of them have Texas on their list. Be sure and tune in!

1.) LB, Aaron Benson, Cedar Hill (6-2, 205)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Benson-59194

2.) DT, Taylor Bible, Denton Guyer (6-3, 280)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Bible-85190

3.) DB, Carrington Byndom, Lufkin (6-0, 165)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carrington-Byndom-84485

4.) ATH, DeMarco Cobbs, Tulsa Central (Oklahoma) (6-1, 198)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeMarco-Cobbs-86387

5.) DT, DeAires Cotton, Alief Taylor (6-4, 275)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeAires-Cotton-83203

6.) DE, Greg Daniels, Houston St. Pius X (6-4, 242)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Greg-Daniels-94899

7.) WR, Mike Davis, Dallas Skyline (6-1, 185)

8.) DT, Ashton Dorsey, Tyler John Tyler (6-2, 276)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ashton-Dorsey-75070

9.) OL, Dominic Espinosa, Cedar Park (6-4, 295)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dominic-Espinosa-79775

10.) WR, John Harris, Garland Naaman Forest (6-2, 187)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Harris-72174

11.) OL, Trey Hopkins, Galena Park North Shore (6-4, 260)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Hopkins-71676

12.) DB, Bryant Jackson, Sulphur Springs (6-3, 175)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryant-Jackson-83125

13.) LB, Tevin Jackson, Garland (6-3, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tevin-Jackson-89516

14.) WR, Chris Jones, Daingerfield (6-0, 172)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Jones-93361

15.) QB, Case McCoy, Graham (6-2, 169)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Case-McCoy-70705

16.) ATH, Adrian Phillips, Garland (5-11, 199)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Adrian-Phillips-88025

17.) RB, Traylon Shead, Cayuga (6-2, 215)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Traylon-Shead-84132

18.) TE, Darius Terrell, DeSoto (6-2, 213)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Terrell-70575

19.) DB, Adrian White, DeSoto (5-10, 171)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Adrian-White-63989

20.) DE, Reggie Wilson, Haltom City (6-4, 240)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Wilson-81831

21.) QB, Connor Wood, Houston Second Baptist (6-4, 209)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Connor-Wood-74363

Undecided Prospects

1.) DE, Jackson Jeffcoat, Plano West (6-5, 230)
Colleges: Texas, USC, Houston, Florida, Arizona St., Oklahoma

2.) LB, Jordan Hicks, Lakota West (Ohio) (6-2, 220)
Colleges: Texas, Florida, Ohio State

3.) WR, Darius White, Forth Worth Dunbar (6-2, 205)
Colleges: Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. and LSU

4.) LB, Corey Nelson, Dallas Skyline (6-0, 210)
Colleges: Texas A&M (has been in contact with Texas staff in past weeks)

**Be sure and catch Abilene vs. Katy for the Texas Division II championship THIS Saturday at 7 p.m. on FSN. Herschel Sims will in the backfield for Abilene.

Ballcox
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
^ Yeah, I just don't have the free time to go looking up recruiting info so I rely on a friend with an orangebloods account, and your info is great to have a good look at the overall recruiting picture. I know Mookie and CBF also contribute good info on UT recruiting.

I was also thinking that if we wrap this class up with a D. White, Jeffcoat, Hicks-wouldn't that put the upcoming class in line with the Simms, Redding class? Looking back, I think that was the first 'monster' class that Mack signed. At the time Simms was the offensive HS player of the year and Redding was the defensive HS player of the year.

That class also had some other solid talent like Phillip Geiggar (solid safety), Ivan Williams (the pre-Henry Melton RB), Nathan Vasher (great CB), Kalen Thornton (solid DE), and then the great WR class that came in with Sloan Thomas, BJ Johnson, Roy Williams and Tony Jeffery (I still thank him for catching that pass on the road against Kansas).

TFloss32
12-17-2009, 05:46 PM
^ Yeah, I just don't have the free time to go looking up recruiting info so I rely on a friend with an orangebloods account, and your info is great to have a good look at the overall recruiting picture. I know Mookie and CBF also contribute good info on UT recruiting.

I was also thinking that if we wrap this class up with a D. White, Jeffcoat, Hicks-wouldn't that put the upcoming class in line with the Simms, Redding class? Looking back, I think that was the first 'monster' class that Mack signed. At the time Simms was the offensive HS player of the year and Redding was the defensive HS player of the year.

That class also had some other solid talent like Phillip Geiggar (solid safety), Ivan Williams (the pre-Henry Melton RB), Nathan Vasher (great CB), Kalen Thornton (solid DE), and then the great WR class that came in with Sloan Thomas, BJ Johnson, Roy Williams and Tony Jeffery (I still thank him for catching that pass on the road against Kansas).

I think it will be as good as any class Mack has signed (especially if Hicks, Jeffcoat and White commit). The 2002 class was a mammoth one as well with: Vince Young, Kasey Studdard, Justin Blalock, Larry Dibbles, Brian Robison, Aaron Ross, Aaron Harris, Lyle Sendlein, Rod Wright, David Thomas and Selvin Young. Not to mention the studs who ended up transferring, quitting or just not working out: Albert Hardy, Marquis Johnson, Edorian McCullough, Brian Pickryl, Garnet Smith, Chase Pittman and Marco Martin. They took 28 guys that year and it was an absolute stellar class. Those guys were key in beating USC in 2005.

Whisky Dog
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the great info on the class, that's really solid of you to put that together.

Also, Abilene High with Herschel Sims is in the Div II title game on Sat. Euless Trinity is playing in the Div 1 game before this one. I really wanted to go, my whole family will be there, but gotta pay the bills... Oh well, should be a great game. Hope Abilene runs over them.

LOL texans
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Good thread

mookie2001
12-18-2009, 12:12 AM
some dude on Other Board said Hicks is going to texas. texas has the dominant hand

TFloss32
12-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the great info on the class, that's really solid of you to put that together.

Also, Abilene High with Herschel Sims is in the Div II title game on Sat. Euless Trinity is playing in the Div 1 game before this one. I really wanted to go, my whole family will be there, but gotta pay the bills... Oh well, should be a great game. Hope Abilene runs over them.

No problem. Product of a Longhorns nut being bored at work. It's nice to be informed, especially if you don't have time to look all of this up. My bad on the title game, I fixed it to read "Division II." I always think Katy is Division I, no matter what.

some dude on Other Board said Hicks is going to texas. texas has the dominant hand

I've been hearing this all week about Hicks (especially after he cancelled ther remainder of his weekly conferences). I think Texas is definitely in the driver's seat. I hope he announces soon, but would love to see him put on that Texas hat at the Under Armour All-American Game for all of the country to see. It would be even better if Jordan Hicks and Darius White committed together. I can dream, can't I?

TFloss32
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Here's another out-of-state prospect for the 2011 class that Texas will be looking at. This guy slipped my mind last week when I was making the list. Like many of the future prospects, he was in Dallas this year for the Red River Rivalry.

DE, Jermauria Rasco, Shreveport Evangel Christian (Louisiana) (6-3, 227)

mookie2001
12-27-2009, 01:00 PM
here

Holmes_Fans
12-28-2009, 12:29 PM
4.) LB, Corey Nelson[/B]
He has verballed to a&m according to your link.

mookie2001
12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah he did several months ago, rumors about him thinking texas, has taken a few other visits these last few weeks

this is going to be a awesome next month if texas can close white, hicks and jeffcoat

mookie2001
12-28-2009, 01:07 PM
i like it

LaConner Wood will enroll in january

DMX7
12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
this is going to be a awesome next month if texas can close white, hicks and jeffcoat

Winning the championship will go a long way towards that if they can.

TFloss32
12-28-2009, 09:26 PM
The following is a list of some additional juniors that I didn't put on my previous list. The rankings of all of these guys will continue to go up and down depending on who gets hurt and whose team goes deep in the playoffs next year. Some of them may suit up for the Longhorns in 2011. I also added two stud sophomores for the class of 2012 and a possible walk-on for the class of 2010 at the bottom. Here we go...

1.) QB, DeAuntre Smiley, Lufkin (6-1, 190) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Carrington Byndom. May be recruited as an ATH.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Deauntre-Smiley-97981

2.) RB, Kenny Farrow, Hurst Bell (5-11, 192)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kenneth-Farrow-90373

3.) RB, Kenny Williams, Pflugerville Hendrickson (5-10, 206) **The talking heads in Austin say this guy is quite a talented back and would love to see Texas take a chance on him.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Williams-90116

4.) RB, Bradley Marquez, Odessa (5-11, 173) **Most likely an OU commit.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bradley-Marquez-94739

5.) WR, Desmond Roland, Dallas Lake Highlands (6-2, 197) **Heard he's an OU lean.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Roland-84859

6.) WR, Marquis Jackson, Forth Worth Arlington Heights (6-1, 180)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Jackson-104055

7.) WR, Kameel Jackson, Arlington Houston (6-1, 195) **OU verbal as of right now.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kameel-Jackson-94909

8.) OL, Nathan Gutekunst, Humble Atascocita (6-6, 290)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Gutekunst-89879

9.) OL, Taylor Chappell, Canadian (6-6, 270)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Chappell-105046

10.) OL, Josh Cochran, Hallsville (6-6, 270)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Cochran-105005

11.) DE, Darrell Thomas-Kelly, Lufkin (6-4, 220) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Carrington Byndom.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darrell-Thomas-Kelly-97980

12.) DE, James Rushing, Houston Memorial (6-4, 222)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-James-Rushing-85612

13.) DT, James Castleman, Amarillo (6-4, 255)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-James-Castleman-103853

14.) DT, Jordan Wade, Round Rock Stony Point (6-4, 249) **High school teammate of current Longhorn, Tevin Mims.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Wade-90984

15.) DB, Lyndell Johnson, Plano East (6-3, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Lyndell-Johnson-101134

16.) DB, Jared Brackens, North Mesquite (6-2, 210) **Can't find a Rivals profile.

17.) ATH, Daniel Lasco, The Woodlands (6-1, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Lasco-74977

18.) ATH, Brandon Williams, Brookshire Royal (6-1, 180)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Williams-105895

Sophomores (Class of 2012)

1.) RB, Jonathan Gray, Aledo (5-10, 185) **Has been called a faster Cedric Benson. Led Aledo to the 4A Division II state title a couple of weeks ago with 250+ yards and 4 TDs. He did this at, none other than, DKR Memorial Stadium. Super stud.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Johnathan-Gray-103880

2.) WR, Cayleb Jones, Austin High (6-3, 185)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cayleb-Jones-98700

Potential Walk-On (Class of 2010)

1.) LB, Bryce Hager, Austin Westlake (6-1, 205) **Son of former Longhorn, Britt Hager. Texas probably won't have enough scholarships for him, but it looks like he may be invited to walk on by the Texas staff and eventually earn one. He had a great showing in the high school playoffs this year.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryce-Hager-94541

Has anyone seen any of these guys play?? :toast

TFloss32
12-28-2009, 09:44 PM
He has verballed to a&m according to your link.

Rivals has Corey Nelson listed as a soft verbal because it's widely known that he has been wavering on his decision to go to Texas A&M (in the past month) and that's why I included him on the "uncommitted" list. Many have said he was very down on the Aggie defense after the Texas game and he just saw his Dallas Skyline teammate, WR Mike Davis, switch his commitment to the Horns two weeks ago. Nelson has had a scholarship offer on the table from the Horns for a while, and he was the one who called the Texas coaches and re-established communication. I imagine Mike Davis is putting his fair share of peer pressure on his buddy to visit the Longhorns and switch his commitment as well.

Stealing Nelson away from the Aggies would be huge as he is their crown jewel and the Texas 5A Defensive Player of the Year. Georgia might have done the Horns a favor by thrashing the Aggies tonight. There are a lot of Longhorn commits at the Under Armour-All American Game playing alongside Corey Nelson on Saturday. There are 6 commits playing in the game (including his high school teammate Mike Davis). That number could reach 8 if Jordan Hicks and Darius White commit to the Longhorns as well. There will be numerous guys trying to win him over. Should be fun...

mookie2001
12-28-2009, 09:49 PM
besides the 3 running backs sedrick flowers is looking texas, we need that guy bad, i would make him the number 1 target

ive been hearing about chris barnett for a couple of years, that dude is a huge pass catching TE, dominates his opponents and clowns them like no other, we're not taking a TE in 2010, i would make this my number 2

after that quadre diggs is a bad man too, my uncle from angelton says he is the real deal, track speed like DJ Monroe, Jammers little brother that plays both ways

cedric reed is an all around best in texas DE, he should naturally roll longhorns

but every week michael brewer lake travis takes up 5 minutes of highlights, that guy can throw the football on the run, falling back, being tackled, to his left across his body, short routes long routes, floaters, bullets. should not let this kid leave austin (gables)

Ash and walsh are pro prospects though, brewer kind of blew up this season

the rest of they guys, kenny williams is excellent in a damn near powerhouse district. Marquez was a guy who fell a little, texas would have to miss on a few guys before these guys would come into play

i heard daniel lasco is interesting because he can play multiple positions and likes texas, probably the biggest name of the second group

DMX7
12-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Why can't they land Seastrunk or whatever that RB's name is from Temple? He'd be such a perfect fit.

mookie2001
12-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Not out of the question but not likely. Seastrunks playing the recruiting game

Not much you can do anymore but hope with 2010 guys

TFloss32
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I made an edit to the All-Americans above. I didn't realize DB Adrian White of DeSoto was playing in the Under-Armour All-American Game on Saturday. That is 6 Longhorns commits suiting up...Aaron Benson, Taylor Bible, DeMarco Cobbs, Ashton Dorsey, Mike Davis and Adrian White. That number could increase to 9 if Jordan Hicks, Darius White and Texas A&M commit Corey Nelson end up choosing the Horns. White is expected to make his announcement at the game on Saturday and Hicks will likely commit later in January. Nelson may decide to visit the Horns (and hopefully commit) somewhere before National Signing Day.

Biggems
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
at the under armour bowl Darius says "HOOK EM HORNS"

TFloss32
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Darius White to TEXAS!!! I knew he was picking the Horns when he didn't have an Oklahoma State hat on the table in front of him. I can't believe that since most believed he was an Oklahoma State lean (including myself). HUGE get for the Horns. Bring home Jordan Hicks and Jackson Jeffcoat and head into spring training.

Biggems
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Darius White to TEXAS!!! I knew he was picking the Horns when he didn't have an Oklahoma State hat on the table in front of him. I can't believe that since most believed he was an Oklahoma State lean (including myself). HUGE get for the Horns. Bring home Jordan Hicks and Jackson Jeffcoat and head into spring training.

If we get Hicks and Jeffcoat, we have to pass OU on Scout.com as the top recruiting class. Even without them, we are #2.

Too bad we couldn't get Nelson away from A&M.

Biggems
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
did S Ahmad Dixon commit to anyone yet? I know Texas is on his list

Cant_Be_Faded
01-02-2010, 01:59 PM
rofl did anyone see that one guy committ to aggggg? He was like ima pick dis one no dis one

pkbpkb81
01-02-2010, 03:34 PM
not sure when the last time this was updated but OU is number 1 right now.

plus got a few local kids on the list

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=14&yr=2010

TFloss32
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
If we get Hicks and Jeffcoat, we have to pass OU on Scout.com as the top recruiting class. Even without them, we are #2.

Too bad we couldn't get Nelson away from A&M.

Texas will do their best to turn Corey Nelson (especially now that his high school teammate, Mike Davis, is a Longhorn). Lots can happen between now and the first week of February.

did S Ahmad Dixon commit to anyone yet? I know Texas is on his list

Ahmad Dixon was a Longhorn earlier in the year, but decided he wanted to go to Baylor for one reason or another. He tried to come back but Mack Brown told him "too late." I could see the Horns making a run at him if they don't get Jeffcoat or Hicks. If Dixon got mixed up with a "street agent", he definitely won't be a Longhorn. Many think the Horns have dropped out of the Lache Seastrunk race for the same reason.

I'm surprised at this. Rivals has OU at #4 (Texas #1) and ESPN has them at #8 (Texas #2). I guess they're basing it off of the total number of commits where Oklahoma has an additional five guys. All in all, you have to put it together on the field.

DMX7
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM

uhh... No.

Number 1 at getting its ass kicked in BCS Championship Games it doesn't belong in.

OU even lost the #1 prospect in Oklahoma to... TEXAS!!! :lol

SpuronyourFace
01-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Mike Davis huh? Sweet :toast

mookie2001
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Jeffcoat will not play in Army AA game, sprained ankle, nothing big

Traylon Shead will suit up for the west, chance to play some blue chip competition, rushed for 3500+ yards and 52 tds in 2009 alone

TFloss32
01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Found out today freshman CB Marcus Davis will transfer due to his alcohol-related arrest a couple of weeks ago. That's two spots open (assuming Brandon Collins is done). I hope Texas offers DT Eric Humphrey...regardless if they get Jackson Jeffcoat and/or Jordan Hicks.

TFloss32
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Has anyone heard anything on Lache Seastrunk? I keep hearing he's trying to re-establish a relationship with the Texas coaches and possibly become a Longhorn. I wonder if he sees all of this talent headed to Texas and has had a change of heart?? Not sure if I would want this guy on my team because of his personality type, but signing him would (if anything) keep him from playing for another national power.

He's definitely not on my wish list, but signing Lache would be an opportunity for Texas to bring back some sort of a running game. If this rumor is true, I hope the Texas coaching staff at least listens to what he has to say.

mookie2001
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
i think it would take seastrunk calling mack brown and saying i want to sign with texas

i dont think it would happen

today it is known that malcolm brown wants to be the first 11 commit

on the internets

DMX7
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
He's definitely not on my wish list, but signing Lache would be an opportunity for Texas to bring back some sort of a running game. If this rumor is true, I hope the Texas coaching staff at least listens to what he has to say.

He should be on the wish list. Texas needs a back like him. I don't think he's coming though. I heard his mom isn't in to the mostly white coaching staff. Yeah, seriously.

Whisky Dog
01-05-2010, 01:40 AM
With the spread we've been running and will continue to run with Gilbert it's gonna be difficult to land the premier backs. Our receiving corps should steadily get better and better though.

TFloss32
01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
I heard his mom isn't in to the mostly white coaching staff. Yeah, seriously.

Another reason he's not on my wish list. If it were about his talent alone...then, yeah, I'd definitely want him on my team. Unfortunately, recruiting entails so much more and I think the Texas coaching staff envisions Ramonce Taylor 2.0 when they look at Seastrunk's personality type. They'll just have to get their guy in 2011.

i think it would take seastrunk calling mack brown and saying i want to sign with texas

on the internets

That's good news (if true). Do you have a link, Mookie? I figured this guy would look around for a while before comitting since he has the likes of Notre Dame, Oklahoma, etc. coming after him. I'm excited to see who gets offers and who commits at Texas Junior Day.

mookie2001
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
"premium" content on Other Board

they would be crazy not to offer Sedrick Flowers, Barnett, Cedric Reed and Diggs if they can get them on campus

besides the 3 running backs these guys are must have. Jaxon Shipley i guess has had a plan to be in the first offers. he is as good as committed

Diggs story on the front page of ESPN recruiting front page, they say hes from
Houston, i guess, really really far south houston greater metroplex

Miles Onyegbule has to be the other receiver, dont see us taking more than 2 at the most 3 next year. that guy is a huge wideout, may be a TE convert

local guys like Chet Moss and Drango might commit on the first jr day. I even saw those two at last years jr day

StylisticS
01-06-2010, 02:06 AM

on the internets

Malcolm Brown would be sweet. Will that be the only back Texas will take for '11? I guess Green is going to Nebraska.

TFloss32
01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Malcolm Brown would be sweet. Will that be the only back Texas will take for '11? I guess Green is going to Nebraska.

Take a look at the previous posts in this thread (if you're interested). I have two separate lists (first page and second page of this thread) of the majority of high school juniors that Texas will be looking at for all positions.

Herschel Sims of Abilene and Joe Bergeron of North Mesquite are some big name RBs that Texas will be going after as well.

TFloss32
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Here is an updated list of 2010 recruiting class. The guys highlighted in blue will be playing in the Army All-American game this weekend in San Antonio.

1.) LB, Aaron Benson, Cedar Hill (6-2, 205)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Benson-59194 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Benson-59194)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...or-Bible-85190 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Bible-85190)

3.) DB, Carrington Byndom, Lufkin (6-0, 165)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Byndom-84485 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carrington-Byndom-84485)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...co-Cobbs-86387 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeMarco-Cobbs-86387)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...s-Cotton-83203 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeAires-Cotton-83203)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Daniels-94899 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Greg-Daniels-94899)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ke-Davis-84543 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Davis-84543)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Dorsey-75070 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ashton-Dorsey-75070)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Espinosa-79775 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dominic-Espinosa-79775)

10.) WR, John Harris, Garland Naaman Forest (6-2, 187)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Harris-72174 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Harris-72174)

11.) OL, Trey Hopkins, Galena Park North Shore (6-4, 260)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Hopkins-71676 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Hopkins-71676)

12.) DB, Bryant Jackson, Sulphur Springs (6-3, 175)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Jackson-83125 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryant-Jackson-83125)

13.) LB, Tevin Jackson, Garland (6-3, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Jackson-89516 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tevin-Jackson-89516)

14.) WR, Chris Jones, Daingerfield (6-0, 172)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...is-Jones-93361 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Jones-93361)

15.) QB, Case McCoy, Graham (6-2, 169)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...se-McCoy-70705 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Case-McCoy-70705)

16.) ATH, Adrian Phillips, Garland (5-11, 199)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Phillips-88025 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Adrian-Phillips-88025)

17.) RB, Traylon Shead, Cayuga (6-2, 215)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...on-Shead-84132 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Traylon-Shead-84132)

18.) TE, Darius Terrell, DeSoto (6-2, 213)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Terrell-70575 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Terrell-70575)

19.) DB, Adrian White, DeSoto (5-10, 171)

20.) WR, Darius White, Forth Worth Dunbar (6-2, 205)

20.) DE, Reggie Wilson, Haltom City (6-4, 240)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Wilson-81831 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Wilson-81831)

21.) QB, Connor Wood, Houston Second Baptist (6-4, 209)

Undecided Prospects

These last two guys will round out the class of 2010 if they commit to the Longhorns. They are both being recruited extremely hard by the Texas coaching staff.

1.) DE, Jackson Jeffcoat, Plano West (6-5, 230)
Colleges: Texas, USC, Houston, Florida, Arizona St., Oklahoma

**Jeffcoat has a visit scheduled to Florida on 1/15, but it remains to be seen if he will end up taking it. It will be his fifth, and final, visit. If Florida receives a commitment from DE Ronald Powell (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ronald-Powell-67362) this weekend at the Army All-American Game, that will increase Texas' chances of getting Jeffcoat. They already have verbals from THREE DEs for the 2010 class including stud, Dominique Easley (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dominique-Easley-92086). Most think this is really a race between USC and Texas, though. I found it interesting that Jeffcoat's roommate for the Army All-American Game is none other than Texas commit, Reggie Wilson.

2.) LB, Jordan Hicks, Lakota West (Ohio) (6-2, 220)
Colleges: Texas, Florida, Ohio State

**Jordan Hicks will host three final in-home visits this weekend. Jim Tressel of Ohio State will be on Thursday, Steve Addazio and Scott Loeffler from Florida will be Friday (Urban Meyer is not scheduled to make the trip) and Will Muschamp of Texas will be on Saturday. Hicks would like to have a decision in mind by Sunday, but there's no telling when he'll commit.

Additional Prospects

These guys would just be cherries on top of an already stellar recruiting class (even without Jeffcoat and Hicks). These would be great additions and they're still on the Texas radar.

1) LB, Corey Nelson, Dallas Skyline (6-0, 210)
Colleges: Texas A&M (has been in contact with Texas staff in past weeks)

**His high school teammate and current Texas commit, WR Mike Davis, has apparently been working very hard on getting Corey in for an official visit with the Texas coaching staff. It would be awesome to see him switch his commitment as he was recently awarded the Texas 5A Defensive Player of the Year.

2.) RB, Lache Seastrunk, Temple (5-11, 192)
Colleges: USC, Cal, Oregon, Auburn, LSU, UCLA, Texas
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Lache-Seastrunk-75256

**He's a longshot, but he is rumored to have re-established communication with the Texas coaching staff in recent weeks. I don't think anyone really knows where this guy will go.

3.) DT, Eric Humphrey, Dallas Espiscopal (6-4, 273)
Colleges: Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, Arkansas, Texas
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Eric-Humphrey-105475

**This guy showed up on Texas' radar late in the recruiting year. It is important to note that he is the family member of former Texas DT Jarvis Humphrey (he is no longer on the team because of a chronic kidney ailment). I don't know how many scholarships Texas is giving out and they already have verbals from two of the top DTs in the country. He may be a last minute addition for the Horns. He's already visited Oklahoma and Texas Tech. He will be in Arkansas this weekend and at Wake Forest on 1/15.

4.) S, Ahmad Dixon, Waco Midway (6-1, 194)
Colleges: Baylor (formerly a Texas commit)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ahmad-Dixon-82277

**This guy was commited to Texas earlier in the year and switched over to Baylor. He tried to come back aboard but the Horns' coaching staff told him it was too late. Apparently he got caught up with a "street agent" and the Horns were scared off by that. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Horns look at this guy again if Earl Thomas leaves early for the NFL.

TFloss32
01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Eric Humphrey committed to Oklahoma yesterday.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Eric-Humphrey-105475

TFloss32
01-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Here's another out-of-state prospect for the 2011 recruiting class. He's been offered by almost every school in the nation already. I expect Texas to go after him hard if they're serious about beefing up their offensive line. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

OL, Christian Westerman, Hamilton (Arizona) (6-5, 288)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Westerman-69139

101A
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
:rolleyes
runningbacks from SA rarely ever work

Billy Taylor was pretty damn good for the Red Raiders; and some kid named Priest Holmes did alright...

NFGIII
01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
TFloss32: Since you seem to be in the know I heard on several recent UT football broadcosts that both younger brothers of Colt and Jordan were coming to Texas yet I see only Case listed. Was there misinfo or a change? Or broadcaster's license?

StylisticS
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Take a look at the previous posts in this thread (if you're interested). I have two separate lists (first page and second page of this thread) of the majority of high school juniors that Texas will be looking at for all positions.

Herschel Sims of Abilene and Joe Bergeron of North Mesquite are some big name RBs that Texas will be going after as well.

I was defintely interested and was glad I saw your post. Thanks for your information in this thread.

mookie2001
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
TFloss32: Since you seem to be in the know I heard on several recent UT football broadcosts that both younger brothers of Colt and Jordan were coming to Texas yet I see only Case listed. Was there misinfo or a change? Or broadcaster's license?This isn't inside info, case is class of 2010, Jaxson is 2011, no 11 kids committed at this tine

symple19
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Seastrunk has apparently whittled his list down to Auburn, LSU, USC, and Oregon. ( I had him pegged as a Trojan but with Carroll leaving...)

UTs chances with Jeffcoat should really improve now that Carroll is gone. You guys have a nice class going for sure

TFloss32
01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Seastrunk has apparently whittled his list down to Auburn, LSU, USC, and Oregon. ( I had him pegged as a Trojan but with Carroll leaving...)

UTs chances with Jeffcoat should really improve now that Carroll is gone. You guys have a nice class going for sure

Lache's recruiting just got even more interesting with the departure of Pete Carroll and Ken Norton, Jr (his recruiter). He may still go USC, but the NCAA looks as if it's about to bring the hammer down on the Trojans. Otherwise, I don't see Pete Carroll in such a rush to get out of Dodge. I really don't know where Lache is going at this point. There doesn't seem to be enough carries to go around at Oregon, LSU lost their running backs coach, Gary Porter (his recruiter), to Tennessee, USC could have major problems amidst NCAA sanctions and Auburn could have two backs coming in if they get a verbal from Marcus Lattimore. Goes to show this guy may commit to a program that's currently off of the radar.

I would be really surprised if Jeffcoat doesn't pick Texas. Ken Norton, Jr. was also his recruiter and it seems like Florida has already picked up every defensive lineman in the country. Not to mention the uncertainty of Urban Meyer's future. The fact that Jeffcoat's father is a coach tells me that he wants his son to go to a program where he knows he'll be taken care of. It's also the closest to home.

TFloss32
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Ahmad Dixon to Tennessee.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ahmad-Dixon-82277

symple19
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Good luck w/ Jeffcoat. If he ain't an Auburn Tiger, I definitely don't want him in the SEC.

TFloss32
01-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Do Tiger fans want Lattimore or Seastrunk more?

symple19
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
@Texas folks --- What do you guys know about (QB) Cam Newton? Auburn picked him up from Blinn College in Texas. He's a Georgia native that signed with Florida initially but left UF after getting into trouble. (He was Tebows backup)

He led Blinn to the JUCO national championship. Anybody out there know anything? Dude is a physical freak. 6'6" 247 and runs a 4.53. A legit dual threat that looks to be Auburns starter at QB next year.

His past seems to be behind him, and I'm getting giddy after watching some of his highlight packages.

(Not trying to hijack your thread TFloss)

Thanks

symple19
01-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Do Tiger fans want Lattimore or Seastrunk more?

I want Lattimore, but the sentiment is spread evenly. Both guys would fit into the offense

Auburn already has a slasher type in Onterrio McCalebb who played well this year despite being an undersized freshman. He won SEC Freshman of the week in Sept and was piling yards until he ran into injury problems. Lache would be 3rd string behind Mario Fannin and Onterio in Malzahns scheme.

Simply, Latt has a chance to start and split carries with Dyer, filling the void left by Ben Tate (who'll be another AU entry into the NFL). If Lache comes, he'd see lots of special teams (returns) and clean-up duty behind Fannin and McCalebb.

While Dyer is a bruiser, Latt also is a proven passcatcher. This, for me, is what makes Latt even more valuable, especially in the AU spread.

Whatever the case, there are plenty of carries/catches to go around on a team that wants to run 80+ plays a game.

I guess I want all three, but it ain't gonna happen. I keep hearing that Dyer and Lache don't get along, but Laches cousin signed with Auburn and he went to camp there so he's familiar.

Lattimore is being visited by JoPa himself this weekend. Penn St is still very much in the battle with USCe and AU for his services.

TFloss32
01-11-2010, 11:50 AM
@Texas folks --- What do you guys know about (QB) Cam Newton? Auburn picked him up from Blinn College in Texas. He's a Georgia native that signed with Florida initially but left UF after getting into trouble. (He was Tebows backup)

He led Blinn to the JUCO national championship. Anybody out there know anything? Dude is a physical freak. 6'6" 247 and runs a 4.53. A legit dual threat that looks to be Auburns starter at QB next year.

His past seems to be behind him, and I'm getting giddy after watching some of his highlight packages.

Thanks

No worries, I think this is a legit question as it relates to the greater recruiting picture. I actually discussed Cam Newton this weekend with a girl I know who currently attends Blinn (she's well-versed in sports). I don't really know anything more than what you've stated above, but she attested to the size of the guy since she had a class with him. She said he's tall like a basketball player but built like a football player. I told her I was relieved that he didn't commit to Oklahoma and she stated she wouldn't be surprised if he started at Auburn due to the fact that he was a man amongst boys at the JUCO level. She said he's a lot of fun to watch.

symple19
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
No worries, I think this is a legit question as it relates to the greater recruiting picture. I actually discussed Cam Newton this weekend with a girl I know who currently attends Blinn (she's well-versed in sports). I don't really know anything more than what you've stated above, she attested to the guy's size since she had a class with him. She said he's tall like a basketball player but built like a football players. I told her I was relieved that he didn't commit to Oklahoma and she stated she wouldn't bue surprised if he started at Auburn due to the fact that he was a man amongst boys at the JUCO level. She said he's a lot of fun to watch.

The woman knows football. If you watch his highlights, that's exactly what he looks like, a man amongst boys. He was the highest rated JUCO QB according to Rivals. I seriously doubt he would have decided on Auburn if Malzahn hadn't told him he would start. He ran a similar offense at Blinn, as well as at Florida.

Thanks TFloss - I'll post if I hear anything UT related - I loooooove me some recruiting

TFloss32
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat cancelled his visit to Florida this weekend, per ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2fonthetrail

Urban Meyer did NOT make an in-home visit with Jordan Hicks this weekend. As of today, Texas looks solid with him and Jeffcoat.

DMX7
01-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Unless USC makes an incredible hire, Texas probably has Jeffcoat and Hicks locked up.

TFloss32
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
With his Florida trip cancelled, Jeffcoat decides to make a visit to Oklahoma on 1/22. This kid is just insistent on getting his five visits in :rolleyes. This one worries me a bit since his sister is already committed to play basketball in Norman. We shall see...

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

(Scroll down a bit to see the tidbit on Jeffcoat)

TFloss32
01-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Little bit of Corey Nelson news (according to Gerry Hamilton and Rivals)...

He's got an official visit scheduled for Tennessee this weekend (the "hostesses" will surely take care of him), North Carolina on 1/22, and possibly a fifth visit to Oklahoma or Texas on 1/29. Many Aggies believe he's a solid verbal and just taking vacation time at the expense of other schools, but the result of the Independence Bowl (44-20 spanking to Georgia) has me thinking he's serious about looking around.

DMX7
01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Almost no point on playing the guessing game with Hicks and Jeffcoat. They're just going to be drama queens untill they're tired of it and decide on a school.

mookie2001
01-13-2010, 01:21 AM
gerry hamilton doesnt work for rivals anymore does he?, i thought he left for the TOS (scouts)

you can't really fault jeffcoat or hicks, jeffcoat actually hates the attention, hasnt said anything interesting about his recruitment, ever. he's got a sister at OU, dad at houston and he's taking his time

hicks that dude has received death threats in ohio for even considering going out of state, its better to wait till signing day than to commit, decommit, lie to people or transfer later on

now seastrunk thats a guy with reported character issues

DMX7
01-13-2010, 02:36 AM
now seastrunk thats a guy with reported character issues

Texas isn't getting him, so it doesn't have to worry. A lot of the high profile recruits come with baggage but Seastrunk tops the cake.

TFloss32
01-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Texas WR, Dan Buckner, was arrested in College Station last night. He's apparently dating a girl down there and it appears as if this is a result of a fight between the two. The neighbors of his girlfriend called the police, cops show up and Buckner refuses to get in the police car because he's pissed and feels as if he didn't do anything. Criminal trespassing and resisting transport/arrest can be bogus charges that cops give out at their discretion (especially to a black Longhorn in Aggie Land). I doubt much comes of this, but it sucks and I'm disappointed he put himself if in that position.

http://justiceweb.co.brazos.tx.us/Scripts/UVlink.isa/bodreaux/WEBSERV/JailSearch?action%253Dview%26track%253D236702923

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/01/14/ut_receiver_buckner_arrested_i.html

pkbpkb81
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Thanks

OU was after this guy bg time if the sooners would have goten him he would start this up coming year....looks to be the real deal

symple19
01-15-2010, 08:47 AM
OU was after this guy bg time if the sooners would have goten him he would start this up coming year....looks to be the real deal

Wow, I'm surprised the Tigers got him if the Sooners were after him . My only guess as to why that would be is because Auburn runs an offense he's more familiar with, and is closer to home.

mookie2001
01-18-2010, 12:30 AM
so what i hear is OU is hiring Jim Jeffcoat, even though theres a new rule about this- you cant hire a family member 2 years before or after arrival on campus. I guess the rule is not in effect yet

not good for texas anyway

with the recent attrition still might have 1 scholarship left even if texas adds one more for 10, looking for some o-line help or corey nelson

DMX7
01-18-2010, 01:04 AM
If Texas can only get one, then I think they're better off with Hicks. However, Hicks will announce in front of friends, coaches, family, and students which signals it might be for Ohio State.

Whisky Dog
01-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Damn, this last few weeks since D. White committed have been downright shitty. If we don't land at least one of these two it'll be really shitty.

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 04:56 PM
so what i hear is OU is hiring Jim Jeffcoat, even though theres a new rule about this- you cant hire a family member 2 years before or after arrival on campus. I guess the rule is not in effect yet

not good for texas anyway

with the recent attrition still might have 1 scholarship left even if texas adds one more for 10, looking for some o-line help or corey nelson

I believe that rule is only applied in college basketball. I could be wrong, of course.

I'm surprised to see that Bob Stoops potentially hiring Jim Jeffcoat is hardly being talked about on SoonerFans.com. Regardless of the outcome of his father's situation, I still think Jackon makes this decision for himself. a.) How many high school age kids want to play for their father and/or have their father work at the same school that they attend? b.) Oklahoma has never been much of a player for Jackson Jeffcoat and I'm sure he knows where he's going by now. He wouldn't even be visiting Oklahoma this weekend if it weren't for Florida telling him "we're out of scholarships." I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, but he wants to take his final visit and he's already visited everyone else. This visit is, esentially, by default.

If Texas can only get one, then I think they're better off with Hicks. However, Hicks will announce in front of friends, coaches, family, and students which signals it might be for Ohio State.

DMX...where have you heard this? I haven't read anything that says when, where or how Jordan will commit. That doesn't seem at all like his style.

Damn, this last few weeks since D. White committed have been downright shitty. If we don't land at least one of these two it'll be really shitty.

Shitty? Or slow? I think the Horns have been doing just fine. No de-commits. Muschamp is staying. Texas will land one of them (if not both).

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Lache Seastrunk to announce 1/27 at the Temple HS gym.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2010/01/lache_seastrunk_sets_announcem.html

Looks like South Carolina is in good standing with Marcus Lattimore. Found it interesting he will commit on 2/2 (after Seastrunk). I always felt like it would be the other way around.
http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/philkornblut/story/1114782.html

StylisticS
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Reading that the hire may not happen now. If so then Texas probably just shot right back to the top.

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Here's a list of guys from the 2011 class that will be attending the Texas Junior Days in February (out-of-state prospects on top). As we all know, these are subject to change and these are the guys who have publicly stated they will be in attendance. It's safe to assume many others will be there as well. Feel free to add to the list.

1.) OL, Christian Westerman, Hamilton (Arizona) (6-5, 288)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Westerman-69139

2.) DE, Jermauria Rasco, Shreveport Evangel Christian (Louisiana) (6-3, 227)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) RB, Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele (6-0, 210)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Brown-88000

4.) RB, Herschel Sims, Abilene (5-10, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Herschel-Sims-90123

5.) RB, Aaron Green, San Antonio Madison (5-11, 186)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784

6.) LB, Chet Moss, Cedar Park (6-1, 225)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chet-Moss-85767

7.) LB, Steve Edmond, Daingerfield (6-3, 225)

8.) WR, Jaxon Shipley, Brownwood (6-0, 170)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Shipley-85200

9.) WR, Miles Onyegbule, Arlington (6-4, 200)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Miles-Onyegbule-86048

10.) WR, Desmond Roland, Dallas Lake Highlands (6-2, 197)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Roland-84859

11.) TE, M.J. McFarland, El Paso El Dorado (6-5, 235)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-M.J.-McFarland-85503

12.) OL, Sedrick Flowers, Galena Park North Shore (6-3, 280)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Flowers-89863

13.) OL, Spencer Drango, Cedar Park (6-6, 265)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Spencer-Drango-87848

14.) OL, Josh Cochran, Hallsville (6-6, 270)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Cochran-105005

15.) DE, Beau Blackshear, Waco Midway (6-4, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Beau-Blackshear-89440

16.) DE, Cedric Reed, Cleveland (6-6, 240)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Reed-85195

17.) DE, Nathan Hughes, Klein Oak (6-5, 245)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Hughes-88846

18.) CB, Kolby Griffin, Houston St. Pius X (5-11, 180)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kolby-Griffin-98243

19.) CB, Leroy Scott, South Houston (5-10, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leroy-Scott-85197

20.) S, Sheroid Evans, Sugar Land Dulles (6-1, 185)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sheroid-Evans-89904

21.) S, Franklin Shannon, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Franklin-Shannon-97978

22.) QB, David Ash, Belton (6-4, 195)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Ash-88960

23.) QB, Michael Brewer, Austin Lake Travis (6-0, 166)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Brewer-85449

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
According to this article, Jim Jeffcoat is staying at Houston.
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/100118-jeffcoat-considers-uh-others

mookie2001
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
thats good

desmond jackson, the top DT in the class from houston should be there, ill look around

mookie2001
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
also the QB Ash, doesnt have a real good reputation with some coaches, former and opponents. not a team player, work ethic all that shit that nobody could confirm or deny. His arm strength in NFL caliber though, I would like to know his real height, ive seen him from 6-2 to 6-5

i cant say enough about brewer even though he is colt like in size, his dad former texas qb said during the season brewer would be at UT whether he had a scholarship or had to walk-on, since then he has gotten more political with his statements

DMX7
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Good to see Aaron Green there.

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
also the QB Ash, doesnt have a real good reputation with some coaches, former and opponents. not a team player, work ethic all that shit that nobody could confirm or deny. His arm strength in NFL caliber though, I would like to know his real height, ive seen him from 6-2 to 6-5

i cant say enough about brewer even though he is colt like in size, his dad former texas qb said during the season brewer would be at UT whether he had a scholarship or had to walk-on, since then he has gotten more political with his statements

Funny that you mention that about David Ash. He was listed as a "maybe" for the Texas Junior Days in the article that I read. That doesn't necessarily disappoint me because I like Michael Brewer a lot. I am in no way a professional scout, but from what I've seen, Brewer just seems like the kind of person and player you'd want at your program. I hope he walks away with an offer after Texas Junior Day.

Whisky Dog
01-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Shitty? Or slow? I think the Horns have been doing just fine. No de-commits. Muschamp is staying. Texas will land one of them (if not both).

I meant shitty. They lost the national championship because their all America QB bit it on the 1st possession with bama reeling and playing scared. Next our top defensive player Earl Thomas is going pro so there's a big hole in the secondary to fill. Sounds like a shitty couple of weeks to me.

pkbpkb81
01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
I feel good that Jeffcoat's last visit is to OU...it will give the Sooners a chance to get the last word in.

TFloss32
01-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I meant shitty. They lost the national championship because their all America QB bit it on the 1st possession with bama reeling and playing scared. Next our top defensive player Earl Thomas is going pro so there's a big hole in the secondary to fill. Sounds like a shitty couple of weeks to me.

Totally agree with you on those things. How could I not? I figured you were talking about the recruiting picture (which I think has been near perfect thus far).

symple19
01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Looks like South Carolina is in good standing with Marcus Lattimore. Found it interesting he will commit on 2/2 (after Seastrunk). I always felt like it would be the other way around.
http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/philkornblut/story/1114782.html

It just depends on what you read concerning Lattimore, but the gamecock homer you referenced is just that, a homer. Latt is possibly taking an unofficial visit to Auburns junior day next Saturday. Another factor in Auburns favor is that his sister plans to enroll in grad-school at AU.

Here is a more recent article from a Georgia newspaper http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/secfootball/sc/story/979308.html

USC'S BIGGEST RECRUITING weekend of the season did not produce new commitments, but the Gamecocks firmed relations with their 15 pledges in attendance.
And they perhaps strengthened their position with their top target: Byrnes running back Marcus Lattimore.
His mother confirmed Sunday night that her son had canceled his visit to Oregon and was down to USC and Auburn. Yolanda Smith gave high marks to Gamecock coach Steve Spurrier for his efforts.
"Coach Spurrier has really loosened up," she said. "I made the comment in the past where I felt he was unapproachable. He's made a 180. I had this coach doing the cha-cha slide with no music. He was just great. He had his arms open wide every time he saw me. He speaks to me personally. He's been so personable with us lately. He's really changed as far as myself. He came over to the hotel and sat around with us and we had a really good time."
Spurrier and Auburn coach Gene Chizik have not made their in-home visits. Those will take place next week. Lattimore is considering taking an unofficial visit to Auburn on Saturday in conjunction with a junior day the Tigers are staging.
Smith said she has no indication of a favorite for her son. "He's agonizing over this," she said. But Lattimore told AUTigers.com Sunday night that Auburn holds a slight lead on USC.
Lattimore will announce his decision at his church on Feb. 2.
Wide receiver Nick Jones is contemplating an official visit to Cincinnati where a former Byrnes assistant coach is a graduate assistant.
Calhoun County offensive lineman Eric Mack plans to take an unofficial visit to Auburn with junior teammate athlete Shamier Jeffery, who is attending junior day. Auburn continues to make a strong push for Mack, who made an official visit in September.
Clemson had seven official visits over the weekend, six by committed players, all of whom remain firmly committed - though offensive lineman David Beasley plans to take an official visit to Georgia this weekend, and tight end Victor Beasley might visit Auburn.
The only uncommitted prospect to visit was defensive lineman Ethan Farmer of Tabor City, N.C. He has Clemson and North Carolina atop his list. He is also considering N.C. State. He will take the SAT this weekend then visit North Carolina the following weekend. He will try to work in a trip to N.C. State.
Defensive end Dexter Morant of Manning was scheduled to visit Clemson, but he canceled and plans to stay with his commitment to Georgia.
The Tigers picked up commitment No. 7 for the 2011 class in athlete Robert Smith of Woodland High School. Smith hopes for a shot at playing quarterback for the Tigers, and said the only way he would consider going elsewhere is with a guarantee to play quarterback. Smith said Georgia is also high on his list. He will go there for a junior day on Jan. 30. Smith sustained a torn ACL and torn ligaments in his left knee in the sixth game of the season and had surgery.
Beaufort linebacker Justin Parker remained at home over the weekend to prepare for the SAT. He visit LSU after the test. Parker has visited USC and Clemson and is scheduled to visit Georgia Tech on Jan. 29. He listed Clemson as his favorite last week over USC, LSU, Georgia Tech and Florida.

I still like Auburns chances, but who knows?

The stuff in that article about the ole' ball coach is hilarious. The cha-cha? Really Steve? :lol

Another interesting tidbit about Auburns junior day. They plan to bring in Philip Rivers younger brother Stephen, a 6-6 200 QB from Athens, Alabama. Kid has a rocket arm, but I don't know if he's mobile enough to run the Malzahn spread.

TFloss32
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Word is Mack Brown and several staff members will be in the Jeffcoat home on Wednesday for an in-home visit.

mookie2001
01-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Brandon Williams jumping up after his jr tape came out, tailback from outside Houston, not be confused with Kenny from pflugerville. Basically add him to the list of brown, green and sims as guys who could be the best in the state. B. Williams is more of a speed guy wIth great size, he has some free video on espn He is guy who should be at the first junior day, the 13th of feb now

may be a historic tailback class in 11 for the state of Texas, funny that green may the the odd man out or anyone else if they wait too long

TFloss32
01-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Here's a pretty detailed breakdown of the 2011 in-state prospects that Texas will be going after. It appears as if the Horns will get a majority of these guys (including all of the Top 5).

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2366

leemajors
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Jeffcoat will announce 1/31.

Whisky Dog
01-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Here's a pretty detailed breakdown of the 2011 in-state prospects that Texas will be going after. It appears as if the Horns will get a majority of these guys (including all of the Top 5).

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2366

Where did u hear that Brown/Flowers/Edmonds etc. are leaning heavily to Horns?

mookie2001
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
brown is a toss up now i guess OU and Texas, same with sims, OU and texas

Flowers early on was leaning LSU, now hes heavy Texas

from orangebloods

Edmonds. not sure but Muschamp and Oscar Giles were in Daingerfield this week, photo evidence, probably checking on Chris Jones, but they are well received there and have a good position with Edmonds, I dont know much about his game though

also Marquise Anderson DL - Cibolo Steele Brown's teammate will be at first junior day

TFloss32
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Where did u hear that Brown/Flowers/Edmonds etc. are leaning heavily to Horns?

I read various publications such as Inside Texas, Orangebloods, True Orange, etc. I also browse the Texas forums such as shaggybevo.com and hornfans.com. There's a lot of good information in those places (some of which is concrete and other info that will help you to form an educated guess of where these guys are going).

For the record, I don't know for sure...from everything I've read I believe that at least Desmond Jackson and Sheroid Evans are locks. I feel good about Steve Edmond and Sedrick Flowers because Texas is about to sign their older high school teammates in February (Chris Jones, Trey Hopkins). That's a HUGE factor, IMO, because Texas will have an established rapport with those schools and their coaching staffs. With regards to Malcolm Brown, I've heard rumblings (from Mookie and others) that he wants to be the first 2011 commitment at Texas Junior Days.

A lot of questions will be answered in about 3-4 weeks once Texas Junior Days have come to a close.

TFloss32
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Texas Junior Days are officially scheduled for 2/13 and 2/27.

Here are three additional out-of-state prospects that Texas is looking at offering. Vaughters is said to have a visit scheduled (his offer sheet is incredible), Hegarty has contacted the Texas staff about attending Junior Days and Westerman will definitely be there. With the departure of Pete Carroll at USC and Texas' lack of depth on the offensive line, the Longhorns chances with Westerman are really good. He'll be a five-star guy when all is said and done (look at his offer sheet).

LB, James Vaughters, Tucker (Georgia) (6-2, 233)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-James-Vaughters-98392

OL, Matthew Hegarty, Aztec (New Mexico) (6-6, 260)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Matthew-Hegarty-100223

OL, Christian Westerman, Chandler (Arizona) (6-5, 288)

It appears as if the Longhorns are trying to establish more of a recruiting presence outside the state of Texas, which is a necessity in case the in-state crop of talent is lacking. The 2011 class from the state of Texas overall is awesome aside from the offensive line. It just so happens that's the area Texas will be concentrating on this time around (I hope they take three to four guys). Besides Sedrick Flowers and Spencer Drango, Texas may need to look elsewhere for reinforcements. Hopefully that's where the prospects above will come in. However, the following in-state prospect has been making his presence known by climbing up the rankings in everyone's latest lists of 2011 prospects.

OL, Garrett Greenlea, Klein Collins (6-7, 285)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Garrett-Greenlea-88684

TFloss32
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Here are the Top 25 junior difference makers from True Orange by Jerry Scarborough. He's very reliable and rarely misses a beat (even though I'm hearing different than he is on certain prospects). I've put stars next to the guys he believes will commit (if offered) at Junior Days. He makes an interesting point that Texas will have to be careful with who they offer since so many will be ready to commit.

1.) RB, Herschel Sims, Abilene (5-10, 190)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Herschel-Sims-90123

2.) QB, Michael Brewer, Austin Lake Travis (6-1, 175)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Brewer-85449

3.) RB, Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele (6-0, 210)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Brown-88000

4.) DE, Cedric Reed, Cleveland (6-6, 240)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Reed-85195

5.) OL, Sedrick Flowers, Galena Park North Shore (6-3, 280)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Flowers-89863

6.) RB, Brandon Williams, Brookshire Royal (6-1, 188)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Williams-105895

7.) DT, Desmond Jackson, Spring Westfield (6-1, 269)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Jackson-94391

8.) WR, Jaxon Shipley, Brownwood (6-0, 170)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Shipley-85200

9.) LB, Chet Moss, Cedar Park (6-1, 225)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chet-Moss-85767

10.) LB, Anthony Wallace, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 220)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198

11.) TE, M.J. McFarland, El Paso El Dorado (6-5, 235)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-M.J.-McFarland-85503

12.) RB, Joe Bergeron, North Mesquite (6-0, 235)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Bergeron-85593

13.) LB, Steve Edmond, Daingerfield (6-3, 225)**

14.) S, Sheroid Evans, Sugar Land Dulles (6-1, 185)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sheroid-Evans-89904

15.) RB, Aaron Green, San Antonio Madison (5-11, 186)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784

16.) RB, Bradley Marquez, Odessa (5-11, 173)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bradley-Marquez-94739

17.) CB, Leroy Scott, South Houston (5-10, 190)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leroy-Scott-85197

18.) QB, David Ash, Belton (6-4, 195)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Ash-88960

19.) ATH, Quandre Diggs, Angleton (5-10, 188)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957

20.) OL, Spencer Drango, Cedar Park (6-6, 265)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Spencer-Drango-87848

21.) QB, J.W. Walsh, Denton Guyer (6-2, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-J.W.-Walsh-94193

22.) WR, Miles Onyegbule, Arlington (6-4, 200)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Miles-Onyegbule-86048

23.) DT, Marquis Anderson, Cibolo Steele (6-3, 260)**
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852

24.) CB, Kolby Griffin, Houston St. Pius X (5-11, 180)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kolby-Griffin-98243

25.) DE, Beau Blackshear, Waco Midway (6-4, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Beau-Blackshear-89440

TFloss32
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Here's another out-of-state prospect that Texas has come in contact with recently. Apparently Duane Akina has been talking with him for the past week or two. Hopefully they can get him to Austin for Junior Day.

CB, Nick Waisome, South Lake (Florida) (5-10, 162)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Waisome-95578

Here are some late additions to Junior Days. These guys may be the late bloomers of the group. Not sure if the third guy has been extended an invitation, but he's being recruited by Texas for sure.

DT, Quincy Russell, San Antonio Sam Houston (6-3, 280)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quincy-Russell-99665
**Major Applewhite was in San Antonio the other day and gave him a Junior Day invitation in person.

CB, Nick Shepard, Cypress Ridge (5-9, 170)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Shepard-89064
**He's either the brother or cousin of Russell Shepard.

DE, Michael Sam, Houston Strake Jesuit (6-2, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Sam-96716

mookie2001
01-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Shepards Russells little brother

Vaughters is next years jordan hicks

Scarborough has some interesting rankings, specifically MJ Mcfarland five spots ahead of Green and 10 spots ahead of Quandre Diggs

don't even think I've heard of mcfarland is all I'm going by

Michael Sam guy is another new guy out of nowhere, have to find some video on them

TFloss32
01-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Shepards Russells little brother

Vaughters is next years jordan hicks

Scarborough has some interesting rankings, specifically MJ Mcfarland five spots ahead of Green and 10 spots ahead of Quandre Diggs

don't even think I've heard of mcfarland is all I'm going by

Michael Sam guy is another new guy out of nowhere, have to find some video on them

I'd love to see Texas make a serious run at Vaughters and have Muschamp as his main recruiter. It could only benefit Texas since Boom knows SEC country and grew up in Georgia (Vaughters' home state). Landing Jordan Hicks wouldn't hurt, either.

I like Jerry Scarborough because he provides accurate information and doesn't report rumors unless he's sure they hold water. The only negative with him is he tends to rate guys based on whether or not he believes they're going to suit up for Texas in the future. I think he has a hunch that Aaron Green won't be playing for the Longhorns and therefore rates him lower than the other RBs. I think guys like Sims, Brown and Bergeron commit early and Green heads off to the likes of USC or Nebraska.

Scarborough mentioned Quandre Diggs hasn't been hearing from Texas as much as he'd like (whatever that means). That could be for numerous reasons. I would assume it's because Texas knows he's a sure thing and are putting their efforts in elsewhere. M.J. McFarland is not known by many because he had just determined that he wanted to play football in college (not basketball) this season. The fact that he's way out in El Paso doesn't help much either. He's supposedly quite the player, though. He has hands, size and wants to be a Longhorn.

TFloss32
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Jordan Hicks will be anouncing THIS Friday, 1/29, at 11:30 CST in the Lakota West gym.

modtxspur
01-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Anything new on where he and Jeffcoat are leaning? Recruiting Insider on ESPNU said that there was no chance of both of the signing with Texas.

mookie2001
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I would say there's a shot

Still close with jeffcoat, 50/50 to OU

Hicks is a toss up Florida, buckeye and Texas guys all saying they're the leader

Whisky Dog
01-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Don't know how reliable this Feldman dude is, he's probably just guessing like the rest of us, but he thinks Jeffcoat to Horns and Hicks to buckeyes

My colleague Bruce Feldman of ESPN.com tries to wrap his hands around the most difficult predictions when he makes eventual recruiting choices for the top-10 remaining recruits heading into National Signing Day.

Trying to pick these players and where they will end up is like trying to catch rainwater in a spoon. But Feldman does an admirable job in his list, which is part of our Insider content this week.

Feldman has defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat of Plano, Texas going to Texas over Oklahoma, Arizona State and Houston.

And he projects defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa of Portland, Oregon will head to Nebraska over Oregon State and UCLA.

Texas wasn't quite as fortunate in recruiting outside linebacker Jordan Hicks of West Chester, Ohio. Feldman predicts he'll end up at Ohio State over the Longhorns and Florida.

Bo Pelini and Mack Brown probably hope they will be as fortunate as Feldman is predicting with this list.

TFloss32
01-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Lache Seastrunk to Oregon. Not a big surprise.
http://oregon.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1044950

Holmes_Fans
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Seastrunk was never being pursued by Texas.

Hicks is going to announce at 11:30 on Friday.

TFloss32
01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
According to Orangebloods and Inside Texas, this kicker (class of '10) is visiting Texas this weekend. Both sites expect him to commit to the Longhorns. He supposedly has a very strong leg and can kick it out of the end zone (Texas desperately needs that!). He would be a big help in getting DE Jermauria Rasco to Texas next year since they're high school teammates.

K, Will Russ, Shreveport Evangel Christian (6-3, 170)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-William-Russ-79727

TFloss32
01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Seastrunk was never being pursued by Texas.

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=179

Texas was one of Lache's favorites in 2008 and the Horns were very much in the race for the better part of 2009. It wasn't until Texas saw his diva-ish personality and found out he possibly is involved with a street agent that they stopped pursuing him. Hell, there were rumors that he was trying to get back in Texas' good graces. Good luck as an Oregon Duck, I guess.

Whisky Dog
01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Oregon likes having bone head running backs.

TFloss32
01-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat has moved his commitment announcement up to tomorrow morning, 1/29, at 10 a.m. in his high school gym. Jeffcoat and Jordan Hicks will now be announcing back-to-back. Coincidence? Hmmm...

Whisky Dog
01-28-2010, 02:38 PM
If they land both of them we might be a couple years away from having a very dominating defense. That would be awesome.

NFO
01-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I think UT lands Hicks. He is from Texas that happened to go to HS in Ohio. Although if Hicks did decide to surprise me and go to Ohio State I would be pretty happy with that because he is a heck of a football player.

Kermit
01-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Rumor-mongers out in full effect to the tune of both committing to Texas. It would be a nice class.

Spurstro
01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/highschool/01/29/jeffcoat-texas/index.html?eref=sihp

Looks like Jeffcoat is going to Texas

tlongII
01-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Gio Bernard picked Carolina over the Beavs. Dammit!

tlongII
01-29-2010, 10:48 AM
We need that DE from Portland. I'll call him Owa. I can't even begin to spell his name correctly! :lol He's going to be a great one.

TFloss32
01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Jeffcoat officially picks the Longhorns!
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201001/php7lS9oV6cc0b8b680b870b296287eb6a5478082.png
http://insidetexas.com/media/images/big/1264772831.jpg (http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=1967)

Kermit
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Come on Hicks.

Whisky Dog
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Lol you were looking at the same thing I was. Hell yeah!! One in the bag, one more to go.

TFloss32
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Here's your man Tlong...

Owamagbe Odighizuwa, David Douglas (Portland, Oregon) (6-3, 234)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Owamagbe-Odighizuwa-91872

I think he's going to Nebraska, partner.

modtxspur
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM
ESPN's recruiting site stated that jeffcoat commited to TEXAS!!

samikeyp
01-29-2010, 11:28 AM

Kermit
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Hicks to Texas. Awesome.

TFloss32
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
What an embarassment of riches...Jackson Jeffcoat AND Jordan Hicks!
http://www.ohio-share.coxnewsweb.com/multimedia/dynamic/00636/Lakota_West_High_Sc_636159g.jpg

Jackson Jeffcoat just texted Jordan Hicks to say "Hook 'Em!" Those sneaky guys...:stirpot:.

Whisky Dog
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Got the sweep. Our defense is gonna be sick, if the offense can hold their own we have a good shot at another title.

mookie2001
01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Uhhhh

sorry seņor

Eat an aggy asshole sooners

tlongII
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Here's your man Tlong...

Owamagbe Odighizuwa, David Douglas (Portland, Oregon) (6-3, 234)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Owamagbe-Odighizuwa-91872

I think he's going to Nebraska, partner.

He might be. It's between Nebraska and Oregon State. I'm sure Suh has talked to him about Nebraska since they're both from Portland. He and Jeffcoat are the top rated DE's in the country.

Whisky Dog
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Got this from shaggy, look at the rankings of this defensive class in the ESPN top 150

Let's add some info to this incredible list.

ESPN U Top 150 OVERALL Rankings

DE Jeffcoat - #2
DT Bible - #14
DT Dorsey - #46
DE Wilson - #72
LB Hicks - # 4
LB Jackson - #86
LB Benson - #114
DB Byndom - #122
DB Phillips - #134
DB White - #103
DB Jackson - not ranked in Top 150, but a 4 star recruit according to Rivals

pkbpkb81
01-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Uhhhh

sorry seņor

Eat an aggy asshole sooners

thats gross

Amarelooms
01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Got this from shaggy, look at the rankings of this defensive class in the ESPN top 150

Let's add some info to this incredible list.

ESPN U Top 150 OVERALL Rankings

DE Jeffcoat - #2
DT Bible - #14
DT Dorsey - #46
DE Wilson - #72
LB Hicks - # 4
LB Jackson - #86
LB Benson - #114
DB Byndom - #122
DB Phillips - #134
DB White - #103
DB Jackson - not ranked in Top 150, but a 4 star recruit according to Rivals

Why the fuck ain't they recruiting a top RUNNING BACK? Jesus won't they learn already :elephant

mookie2001
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Which one seastrunk?

Whisky Dog
01-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Why the fuck ain't they recruiting a top RUNNING BACK? Jesus won't they learn already :elephant

That's not the whole class, just the best defensive recruits, chief.

Not a great RB prospect now cause they've got the sights set on Hersh Sims, Malcolm Brown, et al for next year.

The receiving class looks damn good this year.

Biggems
01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I was so stoked at work when I saw we got both....

As for RB, it doesnt matter who we get, our running game will suck. Our blocking scheme and playcalling does not really promote a dominant or even effective running game. Our OL act like a bunch of bonified pussies when it comes to run blocking.

Hopefully these new OL recruits can get back to the way things were in the late 90s and early 00's, where we were a dominant running team.

My wish for this team is to pass for 250 and rush for 250 per game.

TFloss32
01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Texas got a surprise commitment this weekend to wrap up the class of 2010. Hopefully this man will help beef up the special teams next season. Tall, lean kicker with a very strong leg who has great averages without the use of a kicking tee. That should make his transition to the college game that much smoother.

K, Will Russ, Shreveport Evangel Christian (Louisiana) (6-3, 170)

Keep in mind this guy attends the same high school as 2011 prospect, DE Jermauria Rasco (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jermauria-Rasco-79670). Hopefully he will be a big help with his recruitment. It also helps that one of the defensive coaches for Shreveport Evangel Christian is fomer Longhorn, Phillip Geiggar.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Hopefully he will be a big help with his recruitment. It also helps that one of the defensive coaches for Shreveport Evangel Christian is fomer Longhorn, Phillip Geiggar.

whawhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????? ?????????????????

mookie2001
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not going to follow your path, per se

Cant_Be_Faded
01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Dude anyone coached by THE Phillip Geiggar is going to be a billy bad ass.

Don't you ever forget, Geiggar was the original Geiggar.

TFloss32
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
QB, J.W. Walsh, Denton Guyer (6-2, 190)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-J.W.-Walsh-94193

Dude committed to Oklahoma St. last night. Looks like it will be David Ash or Michael Brewer for Texas (if they even take a QB).

modtxspur
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Anybody know why Demarco cobbs hasn't signed his letter of intent yet

modtxspur
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
forget the previous post The Horn just stated that he faxed his signed letter of intent at 11:00 (the last to sign)

TFloss32
02-03-2010, 06:26 PM
National Signing Day is over and here's a final look at the 2010 Texas Longhorn recruiting class (alphabetical). Everybody has faxed their letters over to Belmont.

**I also wanted to add an incredible fact that I read today about this class. Texas gave out somewhere between 30-35 scholarship offers (not sure the exact number) and hosted 25 official visits. Everyone that made an official visit to Austin committed to the Longhorns (the guys you see below). That's unheard of...

1.) LB, Aaron Benson, Cedar Hill (6-2, 205) **Cousin of Cedric Benson.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Benson-59194

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Bible-85190

3.) CB, Carrington Byndom, Lufkin (6-0, 165)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carrington-Byndom-84485

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeMarco-Cobbs-86387

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeAires-Cotton-83203

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Greg-Daniels-94899

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ashton-Dorsey-75070

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dominic-Espinosa-79775

10.) WR, John Harris, Garland Namaan Forest (6-2, 187)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Harris-72174

11.) LB, Jordan Hicks, Lakota West (Ohio) (6-2, 220)

12.) OL, Trey Hopkins, Galena Park North Shore (6-4, 270)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Hopkins-71676

13.) S, Bryant Jackson, Sulphur Springs (6-3, 175)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryant-Jackson-83125

14.) LB, Tevin Jackson, Garland (6-3, 230)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tevin-Jackson-89516

15.) DE, Jackson Jeffcoat, Plano West (6-3, 230)

16.) WR, Chris Jones, Daingerfield (6-0, 172)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Jones-93361

17.) QB, Case McCoy, Graham (6-2, 169) **Brother of Colt McCoy.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Case-McCoy-70705

18.) ATH, Adrian Phillips, Garland (5-11, 199)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Adrian-Phillips-88025

19.) K, Will Russ, Shreveport Evangel Christian (Louisiana) (6-3, 170)

20.) RB, Traylon Shead, Cayuga (6-2, 215)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Traylon-Shead-84132

21.) TE, Darius Terrell, DeSoto (6-2, 213)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darius-Terrell-70575

22.) CB, Adrian White, DeSoto (5-10, 171)

23.) WR, Darius White, Forth Worth Dunbar (6-2, 205)

24.) DE, Reggie Wilson, Haltom City (6-2, 240)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Wilson-81831

25.) QB, Connor Wood, Houston Second Baptist (6-4, 209)

mookie2001
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Dateline Collie Station TX

Fobbs to LSU and Nelson to OU

TFloss32
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Dateline Collie Station TX

Fobbs to LSU and Nelson to OU

Poor Aggies. Sucks to lose the crown jewel of your class hours before he signs his letter of intent.

The biggest surprise of the day for me was that Ahmad Dixon actually signed with Baylor. Does he hold the record for decommitments and recommitments? Should have stayed with Texas the first time.

Blake
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Why can't they land Seastrunk or whatever that RB's name is from Temple? He'd be such a perfect fit.

Who would have thought he would have landed in Waco

DMX7
02-14-2014, 06:41 PM
That class looked better on paper.