PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks' Tim Thomas suspected in early-morning melee at Dallas Denny's

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Dallas Mavericks' Tim Thomas suspected in early-morning melee at Dallas Denny's

12:09 PM CST on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

By TANYA EISERER

Dallas Mavericks player Tim Thomas is an assault suspect in a melee that occurred early Wednesday at restaurant, according to witnesses and police records.

No arrests have been made in connection with the incident, which occured about 3 a.m. at the Denny’s restaurant in the 4400 block of North Central Expressway.

Police records give the following account of what happened:

Thomas, another man and three women entered the Denny’s. Damien Pettie, 29, recognized Thomas and told police that he stated, “What’s up?” Thomas told him not to talk to him, using curse words and racial and anti-gay epithets. Pettie responded with profanity.

The man with Thomas then struck Pettie twice in the face, busting his lip open. “Then all parties within both groups began to throw chairs, knock over tables, and fight each other” until the store manager told them he was going call police.

A suspect, identified as Thomas, threw a chair that struck Moya Kissick, striking her in her left side.

Thomas and his group then left the restaurant before police arrived.

Calls are out for comment from the Dallas Mavericks.

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV contributed to this report.

link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/121009dnmettimthomas.337c6828b.html)

Findog
12-09-2009, 01:47 PM
He's played well for us. Don't cut him Cuban: This is a basketball team, not a monastery.

Findog
12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
And what the fuck was he doing at Denny's? Was there not a Cafe Brazil open that late?

Dex
12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
LOL Denny's.

lefty
12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Cat fight !

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
And what the fuck was he doing at Denny's? Was there not a Cafe Brazil open that late?

:lol Not sure. I mean, sure, Denny's is pretty outstanding for Joe Everyman, but it does seem a lil unusual.

Any chance Thomas was simply miffed about ridin the bench that night? Otherwise, what's w/ tha 'tude?

Findog
12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I can see him telling some fan to "Shut the fuck up, faggot" and not talk to him. But throwing chairs? The fuck?

Findog
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
:lol Not sure. I mean, sure, Denny's is pretty outstanding for Joe Everyman, but it does seem a lil unusual.

Any chance Thomas was simply miffed about ridin the bench that night? Otherwise, what's w/ tha 'tude?

Nobody would've recognized him at a Cafe Brazil either if he didn't want to be bothered. Just a bunch of hipsters on their laptops.

Greg Oden
12-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I know he's got a lot to learn, but he's a Maverick now. KFC only.

Findog
12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I know he's got a lot to learn, but he's a Maverick now. KFC only.

or Long John Silver's. Bob Ortegal loves him some Long John Silvers. He can do that!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1318/570764415_2e18a5929b_o.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
No place is crazier than denny's at 2 am. Last time I went there some ho randomly threw a country-fried potato at my head. So I turned around and thew my hash browns at her. Then she asked for my number. :lol

djohn2oo8
12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
No place is crazier than denny's at 2 am. Last time I went there some ho randomly threw a country-fried potato at my head. So I turned around and thew my hash browns at her. Then she asked for my number. :lol

:lol

Double-Up
12-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Denny's? The nigga should at least shell out the paper for IHOP.

Double-Up
12-09-2009, 02:00 PM

I bet that bitch's a freak too.

Dex
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I get pissed too when I can't get my Moo Over Miami without a big frickin hassle.

Lakers999
12-09-2009, 02:08 PM
dont know if i should hate thomas for 06 or thank him

lefty
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Is Damien Petite a nickname for Mark Cuban, who was ordered by Stern to do community work?

The Gemini Method
12-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Nothing ever good comes out of Denny's at 3 in the morning...I have had to carry a drunk girl out of the bathroom once and have had a friend get mistakened for someone and shot. Luckily, he survived...I don't know what happened to the girl though, but she did throw up on my friends' shoes.

I mean, I understand Tim Thomas wanting his privacy, but to act the fool and throw a chair when he could politely nod the head and go on his All-American Slam way...

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
He seems so chill and laid back, I don't see how he could muster the energy to throw a chair at someone.

PGDynasty24
12-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Crazy shit happens at Denny's late at night sons.

Cane
12-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Tim Thomas is trying to audition for the WWE thats all.

Spursmania
12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qkDqh.gif

borders
12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Typical Mavericks trash. Guilty as hell. What else can anyone expect from these lowlifes. These motherfuckers wouldn't recognize class if it shoved a telephone pole up their collective ass. Think David Robinson. Think San Antonio Spurs. Think NBA titles! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

And fucking learn something for a change.

mavsfan1000
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Cut that fucker. We should've never signed that asshole.

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Typical Mavericks trash. Guilty as hell. What else can anyone expect from these lowlifes. These motherfuckers wouldn't recognize class if it shoved a telephone pole up their collective ass. Think David Robinson. Think San Antonio Spurs. Think NBA titles! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

And fucking learn something for a change.

ok

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
whataburger is just as crazy late at night. always something goin on in there

sribb43
12-09-2009, 04:05 PM
These are the type of players the mavs have been needing over the years, not those tissue paper wanna be ballers. Bout time we thugged it up in Big D

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
funny how big D is as of this year considered the most dangerous city in the US as far as violent crime in a recent FBI survey, yes even worse than NY and LA, yet our team over the years has a rep of being soft. I'm all for signing reggie evans and bringing karl malone and oakley out of retirement. we'll have a chair throwin, nut grabbin, nut punchin, wife beatin, elbow throwin jamboree.

sribb43
12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Tim was just hyped from being at WWE Raw on Monday that he wanted to tryout some moves he picked up from John Cena

Findog
12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Typical Mavericks trash. Guilty as hell. What else can anyone expect from these lowlifes.

Your pussy must be hurting:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/12/media-eyewitness-set-to-defend-thomas.html

Findog
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Cut that fucker. We should've never signed that asshole.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/12/media-eyewitness-set-to-defend-thomas.html

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Your pussy must be hurting:

I'm assuming/hoping that's simply someone's troll.

I wonder if he heard the exchange between the fan and Thomas before that "shit went down"...

phyzik
12-09-2009, 04:32 PM

Media man trying to get Kudo points for later interviews with the team, thats all that is.

Findog
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Media man trying to get Kudo points for later interviews with the team, thats all that is.

ok

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM

I was suspicious of this, too.

But, who knows? I DO doubt that the "fan" simply said "What's up?" to Tim to warrant that kind've response.

Findog
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I was suspicious of this, too.

But, who knows? I DO doubt that the "fan" simply said "What's up?" to Tim to warrant that kind've response.

He probably did this to him:

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/oly_fullgetty57561977mc021_phoenix_suns__2.jpg

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
:lol

Yeah, that'd prolly piss me off, too.

crc21209
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Dallas Mavericks' Tim Thomas suspected in early-morning melee at Dallas Denny's

12:09 PM CST on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

By TANYA EISERER

Dallas Mavericks player Tim Thomas is an assault suspect in a melee that occurred early Wednesday at restaurant, according to witnesses and police records.

No arrests have been made in connection with the incident, which occured about 3 a.m. at the Denny’s restaurant in the 4400 block of North Central Expressway.

Police records give the following account of what happened:

Thomas, another man and three women entered the Denny’s. Damien Pettie, 29, recognized Thomas and told police that he stated, “What’s up?” Thomas told him not to talk to him, using curse words and racial and anti-gay epithets. Pettie responded with profanity.

The man with Thomas then struck Pettie twice in the face, busting his lip open. “Then all parties within both groups began to throw chairs, knock over tables, and fight each other” until the store manager told them he was going call police.

A suspect, identified as Thomas, threw a chair that struck Moya Kissick, striking her in her left side.

Thomas and his group then left the restaurant before police arrived.

Calls are out for comment from the Dallas Mavericks.

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV contributed to this report.

link (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/121009dnmettimthomas.337c6828b.html)

Some guys just never learn...

Allanon
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.pasadenacarealestatehomes.com/m/blogs/irinanetchaev/New%20Folder/money%20bag.jpg
Cha-Ching coming up for the guy who got a busted lip.

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/michaeljensen/nba-player-tim-thomas-anti-gay-slurs

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Dallas Maverick's forward Tim Thomas set off a fight at a Dallas area Denny's by allegedly calling several restaurant patrons "faggots." When Thomas later made derogatory remark about gay people, 29-year-old Damien Pettie responded by saying "What the hell did you say?"

The DMN goes on to report Pettie saying:

“As Tim continued to instigate the situation, one of the guys hit me in my mouth. Another one of his friends hit me. They pushed me down onto a table.”

Pettie says he picked up a chair to defend himself. One of the men who hit him in the face then picked up a chair and threw it, he said. Pettie said he caught the chair, but not before it Kissick.

“It was juvenile,” said Pettie.

“It was like a bunch of high school kids. It reminded me of high school. The popular kids picking on lower classmen. That’s how they acted. (Thomas) acted like a big bully kid in high school. "

When the restaurant manager called police, Thomas and his companions left before police arrived. An appearance by Thomas for today was canceled.

Pettie noted that while he himself is not gay, several of the friends with him are lesbians.

Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' general manager and president of basketball operations claimed the media accounts of the fight were "way, way overblown." Nelson also claimed Thomas left as soon as the confrontation began to get out of control.

And while Nelson denied Thomas threw a chair, he had nothing to say about the use of the anti-gay slurs.

Spursmania
12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
whataburger is just as crazy late at night. always something goin on in there

:rollin

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
wat was he doing out at 3am?

urunobili
12-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I run away before a fight started at a Jack In the Box in DFW... :wakeup

No surprises here... Thomas doing what he was supposed to do enforcing weaker ######s...

mavs>spurs2
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I run away before a fight started at a Jack In the Box in DFW... :wakeup

No surprises here... Thomas doing what he was supposed to do enforcing weaker ######s...

:lmao