PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss sent home for being late

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4727483

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Four New England Patriots players, including receiver Randy Moss, were sent home from Gillette Stadium for being late for an 8 a.m. meeting Wednesday, The Providence Journal reported.

In addition to Moss, the other players were defensive end Derrick Burgess and linebackers Adalius Thomas and Gary Guyton, according to the report. The players were apparently delayed by weather conditions, and will reportedly not be able to participate in team events Wednesday. All four were absent from Wednesday afternoon's practice.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick did not confirm the report.

"Anything that happens with discipline on the team will stay between me and the players," Belichick said Wednesday morning.

Tom Brady also declined to discuss the report, speaking generally about Belichick's role as coach and his job as quarterback.

"You guys find out everything these days," Brady told reporters during his weekly news conference Wednesday. "That's coach's decision. The guys that are here, I have to do my job, I have plenty of things to do. Like I said, I have show up every day and bring whatever I have -- the energy and leadership that I have to this team. That's what I owe those guys. That's what my job is."

Veteran running back Kevin Faulk was asked if he thinks Coach Belichick handles those types of disciplinary situations well.

"That's why he's the coach and I'm the player," said Faulk, who earlier deferred questions on the topic to Belichick.

Outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain was asked if he was frustrated that three defensive teammates were reportedly sent home.

"You know what, I have no comment on that. I really don't know the situation," he said. "If they were sent home, that's Bill's deal. Hopefully I'll see them tomorrow."

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Now that the Pats suck, is the old Randy Moss making a return?

IronMexican
I hear Burgess is stinking it up. Al Davis actually won a trade? woah.

monosylab1k
also, fuck adalius thomas, just cut that worthless piece of shit.

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I hear Burgess is stinking it up. Al Davis actually won a trade? woah.

I wouldn't say he's stinking it up simply because someone would have to notice you on the field to know that you're stinking it up. When Burgess is in the game, the Patriots are basically playing with 10 men on defense.

leemajors
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Is this the kind of thing Brady was talking about the other day? Some players not playing as hard as they should? Rhetorical probably, but I wanted Pattie fan perspective

IronMexican
12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't say he's stinking it up simply because someone would have to notice you on the field to know that you're stinking it up. When Burgess is in the game, the Patriots are basically playing with 10 men on defense.

:lmao

IronMexican
12-09-2009, 03:36 PM
And I doubt Moss is packing it in Raider style. He'll probably complain about being hurt and what not now to not have to be out there.

Whisky Dog
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Weather conditions?

monosylab1k
12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Is this the kind of thing Brady was talking about the other day? Some players not playing as hard as they should? Rhetorical probably, but I wanted Pattie fan perspective

Yeah this is what Brady said today about his comments.

"What coach tells us, and what I was alluding to, is probably more the other six days of the week. We got to make that commitment to each other, whether it’s Monday or its Tuesday or Thursday, whether you come in on Monday and work or stay for a two-and-half hour practice Wednesday and Thursday with no bitching and complaining. Just doing the job. "

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 04:21 PM

It's worse when both he and Adalius are on the field :lol

leemajors
12-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah this is what Brady said today about his comments.

ty

exstatic
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM

I'm not sure he ever left. The room temperature W/L record of NE might make it easier to (finally) discipline him. That would be tougher to do when he's grabbing 23 bombs and the team is going undefeated through the regular season.

peewee's lovechild
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM

His beard made him do it.

rascal
12-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Weather conditions?

It snowed in the early morning.

Whisky Dog
12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Seems to me that losing/getting rid of the veteran leadership like Vrabel, Seymore, and Bruschi and going to a lot of young players has taken away the strong veteran presence that called guys out and kept them in line. Before those guys would rule the locker roo
and keep everyone in line, now Belichik is having to do it. Not a good sign.

Moss is Moss, always has been and always will be. Difference is that leadership isn't there anymore to keep his ass in line and working. Thomas is just a flake.