PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Debate

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Okay, once again we've put together our all-time NBA teams. Instead of using names, we'll just go with Team 1, 2, and 3. Jordan was the only exception to the rule. Everyone is considered in their prime.

Team 1

PG-Magic
SG-D Wade
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Shaq

Bench

PG- Steve Nash
SG- Vince Carter
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Kareem

Team 2

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Kobe
SF- Scotte Pippen
PF- Larry Bird
C- Wilt

Bench

PG- Gary Payton
SG- Iverson
SF- Dirk
PF- Barkley
C- Yao

Team 3

PG- Oscar Roberson
SG- Julius Erving
SF- Lebron James
PF- David Robinson
C- Hakeem Olajawon

Bench

PG- John Stockton
SG- Manu Ginobili
SF- Grant Hill
PF- Bill Russel
C- Dwight Howard

redzero
12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Team 3

PG- Oscar Roberson
SG- Julius Erving
SF- Lebron James
PF- David Robinson
C- Hakeem Olajawon

Bench

PG- John Stockton
SG- Manu Ginobili
SF- Grant Hill
PF- Bill Russel
C- Dwight Howard

I thought this was an all-time list. Why is Ginobili on there?

badfish22
12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Jesus christ, where the hell do you work? Are they hiring?

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Jesus christ, where the hell do you work? Are they hiring?

:lmao

Girasuck
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Am I suppose to take this seriously?

IronMexican
12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Team 1. Shaq, TD, Kareem and KG are just too much.

Muser
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow...
But team 1

boston.balla
12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
the order of the teams in terms of strength is 3, 1, 2

The 3rd team with hakeem drob dwight (in his prime, not now, in a couple of years) and russell is just an insane frontcourt .. this team is so crazy athletic and strong it's not even legit. Furthermore it is the most balanced ( team 2 lacks alot in interior d, team 1 is interesting but the bench would get murdered by team 3 bench - horrible matchups)

LOL @ larrylegend & kobe & wilt & jkidd as a team in their primes ... only *one* ball.

Killakobe81
12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Team 1 is too frontcourt heavy ... but man they should own the paint on both ends!!

ginobili's bald spot
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Team 1 wins.

And who the hell is team 3? Picking Ginobili for an ALL TIME team? :rolleyes Someone needs to take off their spurs homer goggles.

JamStone
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I'd go with Team 1.

I like Team 3 and their front court of Hakeem, Russell (I'd start him over D-Rob btw), D-Rob, and D12 can compete with Team 1's front court. But Team 3 lacks three point shooting. Team 2's bench looks like they'd have a difficult time playing with each other. A lot of #1 options who never really showed the ability to play team offense.

Though not perfect, Team 1 has the best balance at both ends of the court, imo. They lack a little defensively, but their front court is anchored by the two best defensive PFs in the history of the league. Plus, in the starting line-up, Wade is capable of guarding PGs and Pierce SGs so they can cross match to accommodate Magic. However, I'd probably either start Kareem with Duncan or KG with Shaq because those pairings make the more sense than Duncan and Shaq. While Duncan is capable of playing the high post, it's more advantageous to play him in the low post (especially in his prime). KG is a better high post player to pair up with someone like Shaq without giving up any mobility and agility defensively at the PF position. Kareem with his sky hook and and midrange jumper (he shot more later in his career) could pair with Duncan a little better than Shaq.

Team 1 over Team 3 in a competitive series.

redzero
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Team 1 wins.

And who the hell is team 3? Picking Ginobili for an ALL TIME team? :rolleyes Someone needs to take off their spurs homer goggles.

West, Wilkins, Allen, McGrady > Ginobili

Fpoonsie
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Team 1 wins.

Yeah, I'm not sure bo's disguised his team well enough for the sake of bo's boo.

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
*2004/2005/2006/2007 Manu was insane. He is such a unique player and at that he is a very difficult cover. I believe people have recently overlooked his past accomplishments due to his recent play.

If I'm correct, I do not believe Wilkins, Allen, or McGrady have lead their respective countries to a gold medal.

Chieflion
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Why is Shaq starting over Kareem? That is just stupid. Kareem actually has some range and can anchor both ends of the court. It would be good if you can tell us how many minutes those guys play.

Forget it, looking at the lineups of team 2 and 3, team 1 still wins easily. Larry Bird, no doubt he can play the 4, but he is still a 3. Dirk is playing the 3 instead of the 4, why? That is not the point though, once Iverson checks in, the game is over.

For team 3, GINOBILI!!!!!! Seriously....
Erving for team 3 plays out of position at 2 guard when he is a small forward.

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
For team 3, GINOBILI!!!!!! Seriously.

Seriously.

C6zTNDxl7P0

Chieflion
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Seriously.

C6zTNDxl7P0
And that matters when everyone on those teams are all better than Manu Ginobili?

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 07:14 PM
And that matters when everyone on those teams are all better than Manu Ginobili?

Vince Carter?...Yao Ming?(Ok, he's exceptionally tall)...That's besides the point. You can have only so much talent on one team, as someone mentioned earlier, there's only one ball. You have to bring a group of individuals together who's talents compliment one another. That's pretty essential when it comes to a team sport such as basketball.

Chieflion
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Vince Carter?...Yao Ming?(Ok, he's exceptionally tall, and granted has certain abilities that come along with such extraordinary height)...That's besides the point. You can have only so much talent on one team, as someone mentioned earlier, there's only one ball. You have to bring a group of individuals together who's talents compliment one another. That's pretty essential when it comes to a team sport such as basketball.
Vince Carter is better than Manu Ginobili. Just because Manu Ginobili won some rings does not mean he can carry a team like what Vince Carter did for the Nets. Prime VC > Prime Manu. Yao Ming, on the other hand, fuck this, why didn't the guy just choose Patrick Ewing. Either way, Yao Ming can impac the game more on defense when compared against Manu, and their offensive production are both good, so I am taking Yao Ming, who is the 2nd best center in the league when healthy.

Everyone is saying how VC can't fit that team, this team, that team across Madagascar, is just a total myth to how good VC is off the ball. But Kobe should start over him.

stretch
12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
its obvious team 3 is bos team because it has the most spur players on it

dirk4mvp
12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Dirk is playing the 3 instead of the 4, why?

sons Dirk is pretty much a natural 3. Especially if he has Barkley to be the guy down low.

jacobdrj
12-09-2009, 08:01 PM
That 'team 1' is very interesting. It is balanced. Magic gives that 80's style to that 2000's athleticism of the others.

I like them to be the favorites.

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Vince Carter is better than Manu Ginobili. Just because Manu Ginobili won some rings does not mean he can carry a team like what Vince Carter did for the Nets. Prime VC > Prime Manu. Yao Ming, on the other hand, fuck this, why didn't the guy just choose Patrick Ewing. Either way, Yao Ming can impac the game more on defense when compared against Manu, and their offensive production are both good, so I am taking Yao Ming, who is the 2nd best center in the league when healthy.

Everyone is saying how VC can't fit that team, this team, that team across Madagascar, is just a total myth to how good VC is off the ball. But Kobe should start over him.

Could you remind me what VC did for the Nets? I'll agree, VC in his prime was ridiculously athletic.

Chieflion
12-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Could you remind me what VC did for the Nets? I'll agree, VC in his prime was ridiculously athletic.
At least he was the best player who took a Nets team with 0 frontcourt depth to the playoffs. The Nets have now only won 2 games without VC playing in the past five years. Yes, they lost every game VC was injured and did not play when he was with them. 0-13 or something. He brought a team who had a 0% winning percentage without him to become respectable in the league.

poop
12-09-2009, 09:51 PM
ginobili didnt have the stats or longevity of some of those guys but when he was at his best he was as good as anyone, pure winner, top level bb iq, heart, ability, intangibles, clutch, etc...

remingtonbo2001
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
At least he was the best player who took a Nets team with 0 frontcourt depth to the playoffs. The Nets have now only won 2 games without VC playing in the past five years. Yes, they lost every game VC was injured and did not play when he was with them. 0-13 or something. He brought a team who had a 0% winning percentage without him to become respectable in the league.

Actually, Ginobili led the Argentine National Team to an Olympic Gold Medal.
:owned